Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Options

Comments

• Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:worried
    You do realise you get fairy boxes the same way you get green/gold mats, right? You have to actually... you know, kill the bosses? it's kinda redundant that you say people are "QQing about not having 'free' money anymore" to later state in your post that you can farm green mats and sell them for profit.
    Also, "back in the day" people ran random multi-people TT, no one was left out of anything because lack of aps or not having r9, and the economy was booming. Now, everyone grabs their alt bm/sin and solo-farms everything and no one wants to do random squads anymore. Kinda leaves half of the population out on it if they can't solo it themselves.
    Also, you thinking you can make a profit regardless of the nerf on the TT drops is laughable, I farmed ONE (1) green mat after soloing 1-1 & 1-2 10 times.

Anyway, do you just not know how you get fairy boxes? Do you think they fall out of your **** after you walk into TT or something? They're not free, you need a sub (or multiple ones depending) and you need to be able to kill the boss... b:sweat

LOL @ killing a boss in solo mode, my girlfriends sin could solo 3-2 with 2.00 sparked aps and a +3 hook and thorns, and all that with just spark macro. Now don't go telling me that a veno has it harder then any other class to kill solo bosses, because they you are just deluting yourself. yes solo mode is freaking FREE money because i can run a 3-2 solo all bosses in under 12 minutes with my 4 aps barb with only +3 LG claws, without using pots of any kind.

Compared to nirvana ( that's the comparison you are making ) this is childsplay, and any class can farm TT solo mode with ease except wizards and psys. and those two can absolutely aoe grind open world map mobs for more profit then solo mode with fairy boxes.

please stop bringing in useless information, because all i'm seeing here is that the QQ'ers QQ more and cry more then candy stolen from a baby. Roll with it or quit the game please
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Maybe your wife sin solo on private server. lol
    U need 12k physical defense and HP 10k maybe. So maybe with barb u can but sin?? Keep dreaming. Maybe TT 1-1 b:laugh
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL @ killing a boss in solo mode, my girlfriends sin could solo 3-2 with 2.00 sparked aps and a +3 hook and thorns, and all that with just spark macro. Now don't go telling me that a veno has it harder then any other class to kill solo bosses, because they you are just deluting yourself. yes solo mode is freaking FREE money because i can run a 3-2 solo all bosses in under 12 minutes with my 4 aps barb with only +3 LG claws, without using pots of any kind.

Compared to nirvana ( that's the comparison you are making ) this is childsplay, and any class can farm TT solo mode with ease except wizards and psys. and those two can absolutely aoe grind open world map mobs for more profit then solo mode with fairy boxes.

please stop bringing in useless information, because all i'm seeing here is that the QQ'ers QQ more and cry more then candy stolen from a baby. Roll with it or quit the game please

1. If your girlfriend can solo 3-2, she should NOT be using H&T+3 at the point. -insert trollin line here-
    2. I don't know about a veno because mine is only lv 60. But i never said a veno can't solo.
    2a. You say your gf's sin can solo blahblahblah-mode, did you stop to think "Oh, most people that aren't sins are gonna have to fight the mobs too! Holy jeez, I didn't think about that, seeing as they can gank you." Now this doesn't go for everyone, a mystic and veno can lure, but for anyone else, it can be a little tricky.
    2b. Please don't mention a 4aps barb. That's so lulworthy. Anyway... it's freakin 4aps. You can do just about anything. It holds no water in this arguement because this change mainly affects midranged characters without 4-5aps.
    3. But thank you for admitting that you partake in this so called "free" money scheme.
    4. I'm not comparing anything to nirvana. Lowbies and midranges cannot do nirvana, therefore their main money-making instance is TT, and fairy boxes was a good income for them to get through daily expenses. EDIT: checked my post and i didn't even say the word "Nirvana". Please tell me where you got that assumption?
    5. I'm not the one QQing, I see you are the one trolling, I'm just giving you the information you seem to lack. You're apparently blind to the fact that there's people less than 100 in this game that can't solo farm most other instances like you can. Adios~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Maybe your wife sin solo on private server. lol
    U need 12k physical defense and HP 10k maybe. So maybe with barb u can but sin?? Keep dreaming. Maybe TT 1-1 b:laugh

lol this shows me you haven't met skillful players yet. My husband has 8.4k hp and he does fine. oh and his a fish.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @Mitachi:

this is a lost cause, they don't want to earn coin ,they want it handed to them. most of them really ahve no idea how coin was made the old school way, and suprisingly the old school way is still a very effective one. But spoiled kids, what can you do about it?
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @Mitachi:

this is a lost cause, they don't want to earn coin ,they want it handed to them. most of them really ahve no idea how coin was made the old school way, and suprisingly the old school way is still a very effective one. But spoiled kids, what can you do about it?

Lol, I've been here since mid-09 and if it wasn't for the long *** install, I woulda been here since 08. I know how to make money the old way, and i hate to tell you, but unless you've been living under a rock- they nerfed just about every way to make coins in this game the "old way". They nerfed DQ drops, they nerfed TT drops, etc. Let me ask you, what the **** is up your **** about "free money"? You partake in, I'm guessing, Nirvana and TT. I'm assuming that's how you get your money. And you're bashing midranges because they can't attempt squad mode TT's solo, and instead do solo mode TT for some extra coin? Then proceed to call them "spoiled kids" when you're (well there's another one here that was acting like a spoiled kid who was against fairy box removal) the only one acting like a kid?

I'll say it once:
    REGARDLESS OF WHAT MODE IN TT YOU ARE DOING, YOU ARE NOT EARNING "FREE COINS". YOU HAVE TO WORK TO GET THEM.
    Stop acting like you're better than everyone here and go stuff yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    <Insert a tantrum including various combos of the b:angry, b:beatup, and b:cry emotes here>

To say I was unimpressed with this change would be the understatement of the year. Am I in the least bit surprised? Not one bit. The fairy boxes actually made TT solo mode worthwhile, in my opinion, and I actually enjoyed doing them, which meant it was only a matter of time before PWI removed them. They were clearly too good to be true since they were removed entirely instead of nerfed.

Just when we get something that makes the lower levels perk up a bit, they turn around and remove it in some attempt to "balance" the economy. Maybe it's just me but I fail to see fairy boxes ruining the economy, I mean come on, it's sad they're even considered a threat with what's already out there.

Them losing money because people use mirages to refine? Please, if you're lucky you'll get to +3 without eating up a good chunk of them, anything higher than that you need orbs (or a LOT of luck combined with refining stones), which need to be cash shopped anyway. If PWI is so broke they can't even give the lower levels that much... *sigh* Who am I kidding, they're practically giving away hypers now, all they want people to do is skip the lower levels entirely, power-level to 100, then cash-shop rank gear.

Still...I'd like the fairy boxes back. ;_; Please? Pretty please even? If I make cute faces instead of raging will you give them back? Please? b:beg b:surrender

^This..... and Mitachi.. i reallly don't give a rat's *** what u think anymore, I'm raging? i'm stupid? lol i think not, you're just too dense to f'ing get anything i've said. I've seen your suggestions.... and for me THEY SUCK! GET IT YET?
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Now if only they made uncannies and raptures untradable, made bh100 reward just exp and spirit.
    See how you'd like that :o

and Kokki, everything has gotten more expensive. I'm also playing for almost 3 years now. I've seen 100k gold and read the QQ about 150k gold. Back then grinding could get you your gear and believe me I've grinded and earned my gear that way. Everything got more expensive and I grinded more and harder. I managed to get a herc with the help of a friend and grinded even more, while occasionally helping out people who needed help.

Lately I've been running solo TT to be able to upgrade my gear, but also helping my fac mates with their gear. By running solo mode TT I could easily make money so I had more time to help my faction out.

Gold prices have been going up. Now let's compare. First I could grind an hour or so and buy about 2 gold for 150k each. Now I run TT's for an hour and can buy about... 25 silver! what an awesome tradeoff isn't it!?

IF gold goes back down to say.. 500k I'll stop complaining about fairy boxes removal from solo TT. However I don't see gold going back to that price. ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @Mitachi:

I should sell my supply of tampons again to themb:cute
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree with all said here, and to top it off most applies to how pissed i am at pwi atm... im not a big poster and hardly ever go to site but to check dq items. i solo tt in a big way in the 1-#s and found to my hapiest moment ever..... ta-da fairy boxes..... i lvled 3 seperate clients to 70 just for cash..... now b:cry i wanna hunt down staff and force my Micheal Jackson looking sin to shove both hook n thorns up their.... well its very unplesant (still smile tho). you have me as angrey as i can get at you PWI. FIX YOUR ****!!!

3? opening squad mode by yourself now huh? way to admit breaking the rules.... like how u used a faceless alt to post heh
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Okay, to everyone posting here that people should stop QQing and find other ways to make money; yeah. You *can* make money in different ways. However, most of the people that relied on fairy boxes were unable to profit from some of your fancy ways (due to level restriction/map restriction/whatevs) or just maybe, MAYBE (and I know this is gonna come as such a giant shock to you guys) don't have the time or the internet connection to merch and leave their computer logged in 24/7. This game is a GAME. I don't and shouldn't have to devote my entire day pretty much to make what I could have in an hour before they removed Fairy Boxes.

^this too
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well unfortunately this is a game that you can't spend 1hr on to make progress. I have no problem with people QQ-ing over fairy boxes, i also like getting 36 mirages a day, the fact that does make me harsh is cause as previous people claimed it was the only method for them to make money and another point is the way they went on about it. We're all in the same boat, don't like that pwi screws you over? I've been playing pwi for almost 3 years pwi has been **** me over for almost 3 years, do you see me rage at everyone on the forums about it? No you dont, this is PWI, they want money, get use to it.

I've been playing just as long as you have, and you keep throwing selling TT mats in my face..... I"VE DONE SOLO MODE SO MANY TIME I HAVE FOUR TOON GEARED UP TILL 99!!!!

99.9099999999999999999% of the MATS DON"T SELL FOR **** ANYMORE, THIS GETING THROUGH YOUR HEAD?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    clynxz wrote: »
    i have question..

if solo HH didnt drop fairy box, and drop rate for hh mats is realy low, tell me why they didnt take out solo mode out of PWE?? coz its already useless feature in game

bingo, it IS useless unles 2X is on, and now it's even useless then unless u need a mat.....
  • Dr_amen - Sanctuary
    Dr_amen - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    maybe the mirage prize will go up again b:pleased
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    -.- You know the 3 minute boss in TT 3-1? It drops perfect stones now instead of fairy boxes... the other bosses in there all drop fairy boxes still, but it doesn't... >.>; I'm being calm about this and not raging, but I really wish they'd just put them back in. Solo mode is pretty much useless because of the drop rates.

wait huh? u talking solo or squad mode? and which boss is the 3 minute boss? lol the other ones dropped fairy boxes still (and like i said solo or squad)? I went in there in solo to check it, killed the first one, saw p stones and went ugh.... left....

Btw i don't have a herc, i have a walker that can take Phlebo though. lol Can i even do squad mode 3-1 if there' still boxes? Cause if not squad mode's a mute point. I don't have time to keep getting people from the guild to help open or run it all the time... and neither do they. Hell i still the quest for 3-1 to get the box lol
  • Yueliang - Lost City
    Yueliang - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So.. Will the staff put the fairy boxes back or what =/
    My opinion is, yes. They should.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've been playing just as long as you have, and you keep throwing selling TT mats in my face..... I"VE DONE SOLO MODE SO MANY TIME I HAVE FOUR TOON GEARED UP TILL 99!!!!

99.9099999999999999999% of the MATS DON"T SELL FOR **** ANYMORE, THIS GETING THROUGH YOUR HEAD?

Want a tampon sweetie?
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if u bothered reading what i said before, i'm not leaving a pc on 24/f'ing 7, and ya gl finding a niche in catshops now with 50 shops sellin the same packs.. tokens, or w/e...... and i dont' care about having R8 or R9, in fact i dont' care about TW or PK'ing...

Like i said i pay 10 bucks a month to get by..... and yes if i dot' splurge that's enough.... but i was going to use fairy boxes to get nirv daggers for sin at least..... maybe a couple other things (like i want a Fallen Roc lol). ALOT OF PEOPLE used the boxes for income, cause solo TT's are fast and we dont' play 24/7.... and we just got slapped in the face yet again. If ya can't understand that idk what to tell you.

btw..... if there was another month long 2X i'd make like 160 mil (after U sub cost) or maybe 170 with them down to like 11k.....by the time i opened the boxes. Not a huge dent in pw's pocket esp over the time frame to open that many boxes.... but if u think that wont' pay for much (to someone not caring if their e-peen's the bigggest anyway) in the long run you're deluded.

Some people prefer to actually play the game, instead of turning it into an animated EBay.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Want a tampon sweetie?

One I'm a guy... two ... no..... but it'd be nice if you actually read anything.

And Red what would you rather do? Grind mobs for ~10 hours straight or do a few TT's and have time to do other things? The boxes didnt' do a damn thing to the economy and u all know it. They didnt' affect gold prices one bit either.... and it's f'ing laughable that they'd make such a huge dent in pw's pockets with all the money people throw at them. Btw merchanting in a cat shop or staring at AH all day = animated Ebay b:surrender
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    One I'm a guy... two ... no..... but it'd be nice if you actually read anything.

And Red what would you rather do? Grind mobs for ~10 hours straight or do a few TT's and have time to do other things? The boxes didnt' do a damn thing to the economy and u all know it. They didnt' affect gold prices one bit either.... and it's f'ing laughable that they'd make such a huge dent in pw's pockets with all the money people throw at them. b:surrender

I read your rage posts and im surprised that such raging came from a guy. I always assumed that people who rage like that require a tampon. You bit.ch more than a woman.

Did you read mine? I said: I liked getting 36 mirages everyday, but it wasn't a necessity for me. I agree with you on one point -> " it's f'ing laughable that they'd make such a huge dent in pw's pockets with all the money people throw at them."

But please, stop raging about it, its not bringing them back. Stop insulting people cause you certainly make yourself sound like an immature brat as many have told you in a nicer way that i did.

Just a question, how did you make coin before fairy boxes? If its your coin source then find a new one, get to lvl 100 and boom plenty of options.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Some people prefer to actually play the game, instead of turning it into an animated EBay.

LOL FOR REAL??? b:shocked

*goes back to bidding ... 3 mil for sunshine blouse anyone wants?*
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
    edited November 2011
    Options

I couldn't agree more. :)

And Mitachi, Alasen, I'm not trying to mix myself into your fight... but for god sake, Alasen stop raging and swearing and Mitachi.. just stop reacting to it if you're that mature .-. Seriously, this is turning into a insult - rage - normal post - QQ - rage - insult - rage - normal post topic .-.
    I gues it's clear that Kokki and I don't agree on most points and Mitachi and I don't either. But no need to get rude. b:cold
    EDIT: I'm a girl :o I'm not raging, you can keep your tampons thank you b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    u wanan know how i made coin before them? I DIDN"T, not much (not anything worth mentioning), since pw nerfed **** to hell... tt mats dont' sell for ****.... etc etc etc...... i spend ten bucks a month and grind my A$$ OFF in 2X, that's about it. I dont' do the animated ebay **** merch'ing or staring at the damn AH all day...... so please..... besides TT which is even MORE worthless now with P stones........ how in the hell am i supposed to make any decent coin? I can't even get on the 2nd OHT map yet... >.<
    get to lvl 100 and boom plenty of options.

again with that..... not everyone's 100.....or will be for quite some time. >.< u really dont' get it do u? Here's one thing for ya, if it wasn't for 10 mil from fairy boxes the first few days of the month long 2X, i wouldn't have had the coin to spare to get my sin's first seal of eternal solitude (actually had 6 dex extra on it too XD). and now i'm practically broke till i charge another 10 on the 7th lol

POint of this thread is they just slapped us in the face again, and even worse throwing in P stones instead of reg mirages like it used to be. AND tried to sneak it by us thinking we're stupid or something.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. :)

And Mitachi, Alasen, I'm not trying to mix myself into your fight... but for god sake, Alasen stop raging and swearing and Mitachi.. just stop reacting to it if you're that mature .-. Seriously, this is turning into a insult - rage - normal post - QQ - rage - insult - rage - normal post topic .-.
    I gues it's clear that Kokki and I don't agree on most points and Mitachi and I don't either. But no need to get rude. b:cold
    EDIT: I'm a girl :o I'm not raging, you can keep your tampons thank you b:cute

I know you're not raging :) i just find it laughable that a person can rage so much about something they can't control, atleast you have spoken to me in a respectful manner, i have not thrown one insult at alasen besides the "you bit.ch like a woman". When i see a rage post like that i do wonder what is happening to the adults in real life. Anyways im just going into troll mode now.b:dirty
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It is now... You won't see me soloing a single-mode TT again... b:surrender

Hmmm... No GM responce yet? I expected better then this... O.o

Yuna, Yuna, Yuna, oh yee of such great faith!

Me not so much, 21 pages and not a single GM response, even to to state that they can't respond.

Man i will be glad when the 20th of December gets here, then i can head for Stars, and contiplate Wars of the past. The time here has been fun but i will still visit this Old game from time to time. One day maybe PWE can get thier heads out of thier wallets and make this a game to rivial all of the peoples Republic of china.

that is all.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I know you're not raging :) i just find it laughable that a person can rage so much about something they can't control, atleast you have spoken to me in a respectful manner, i have not thrown one insult at alasen besides the "you bit.ch like a woman". When i see a rage post like that i do wonder what is happening to the adults in real life. Anyways im just going into troll mode now.b:dirty

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked not the trollmode D:

And well, I've never gotten anywhere with swearing, being rude or raging :o
    As my grandpa used to say "You can say anything you want to, as long as you stay polite!"
    It pisses my teachers off though when I politely tell them how crappy their classes are b:avoid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree that the boxes gave TOO many mirages for some ppl to take advantage of running TT for uber fast coin....but why remove them completely?

Here's the Punk's thoughts:

[LIST=*]
    [*]lower the amount given per box to 3 instead of 6
    [*]remove Perfect Stones to increase drop chances of green/gold mats
    [*]try asking the community about major changes before you **** too many ppl off and kill the game completely
    [/LIST]
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options

can't control? Did u completely miss the SP debacle? Instead of egging me on like a child why don't u just agree or disagree and shtu the hell up maybe, give other people space to post lmao. I'm not the only one that's pissd off about this in case you're blind. You know what... nvm... first time i'm actually doing this....... where's the mute/blacklist button on here?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Would be cool if we could stay serious in this topic... Raging and trolling won't help anything.

You two are terrible lol One is swearing and raging, the other isn't any better by giving smartass responses. Just shut it, cause noone of you is any better than the other.
    I'd hate to see this topic closed for immatureness...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh noez i keep hitting his nervesb:dirty