Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    @Hazumi_chan - I don't disagree they were a source of income. And I don't think anyone does. The claim by someone else that they were a primary source for endgame Nirvana gear, however, is ridiculous.
    It is **** that these are gone from people who farmed them as part of their income, yes.

Your'e obviously too stupid to read. Never said i was getting full nirvana...... JUST THE DAGGERS. the mats are 200 mil (least the pricier ones), If there was another month long 2X that's 170! mil eventually....... could very EASILY GET THE FREAKING DAGGERS. christ...... can u all stop derailing this ****? this thread's to post your thoughts on the removal, not tel others they suck at making money or w/e the hell your'e trying to say.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Alasen, sorry but you lost my respect. you only throw out QQ here and QQ there because they took away your shiny new toy that you shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

and for the record, i've posted my thought, which clearly you don't understand that you as an individual really don't matter when they are at least giving a good shot of saving this game.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the entertainment before my bedtime, goodnight guys. Again Alasen, take a chill pill.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    @hazumi:

there was only 1 person talking about grinding endgame gear with fairy boxes, the rest was complaining about skills and daily expenses. As far as i know daily expenses like pots (hp+mp) and stuff like that got WAY cheaper, and skills have always been the same. This is NOT gold related so grinding for it STILL is a valid way to earn back your daily expenses, and keep some money left over for skills etc.

This removal of fairy boxes is a step back to lower gold prices, and open world questing and grinding. If they would remove hyper from FCC, the game would be restored to a previous, and WAY better, state.

if anything gold will go up MORE since we dont' have this to supplmement our income anymore. In fdact it didnt' even go up when these were put in..... so idk where that's coming from

pre 100 is the same as it used to be, endgame gear can only be gotten through extended farming and grinding. It sucks for those that are now coming into the game, and not being able to get R9 as easy, but on the other hand if gold drops back down to lets say 400K, you can grind up 1 gold per 1.5 hours, which is about the same as it used to be. if they manage this, then i must say that they did their job right. if this was NOT their intention, then it was just a way to get more $ in the pocket.

gold's never going down, keep dreaming..... i thought it might.. LAST YEAR. just up, and up, and up

BUT stocks have been falling, and the player base is shrinking. so they have to restore the old glory of PWI in order to get more people spending money on the game.
    stocks are fallign and the players leaving cause they keep slapping us in the face. In fact i've spoken to bout 7 people today already that are quitting (first SP now this)

See what they did with packs? couple weeks back they brought them back to original 1 gold each,but noone bought them. At the moment they are 22.5 gold per 50. Now they will slowly add a couple gold per 50 packs, till everyone is used to 1 gold per pack, or 45 for 50 again.

See where i'm going?

/10 char
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Alasen, sorry but you lost my respect. you only throw out QQ here and QQ there because they took away your shiny new toy that you shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

and for the record, i've posted my thought, which clearly you don't understand that you as an individual really don't matter when they are at least giving a good shot of saving this game.

ya, pissing even MORE people off is a shot at saving this game? read my post above, more are quitting.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the entertainment before my bedtime, goodnight guys. Again Alasen, take a chill pill.

Do u even understand ANYTHING i said? I'm not pissed off, just f'ing flabbergasted you seem to think there's so many ways to make coin when your'e NOT 100!!! even TT sucks *** trying to sell those mats unless you damn lucky to get a gold, and those are dropping in price too.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Proof plz

http://ycharts.com/companies/PWRD

stocks falling means less people spending money on the game, since investors only invest in something that makes them money, not costs them money.

less people spending money on the game means less people in general as a player base.

with less CS people, there will be less non CS people, it's just how it is.

@ Alasen:

this is the last i will write about this, because you just don't seem to have the intelligence to comprehend economy.

less money in game, means less money people CAN spend on getting gold, which means gold SELLERS have to lower their price to keep on selling.

Gold has been going down from 1.4 mil to 1.1 mil on harshlands in about 2 months, that's around 20% price reduction. i don't know about you, but that's HUGE.

Stocks are falling because the game has a too high inflation rate. so people who cannot CS, will quit the game fast because they know they are not getting and CS related items when gold is at 1.4 mil. So the ONLY way to let the non CS people stay, is to lower gold prices. not to give them more money and to inflate the economy even more.

but then again, who am i fooling. You don't have the intelligence to grasp anything people are saying.

AND YET AGAIN you failed to read that i ALREADY posted my thoughts on removing the fairy boxes, the only problem is that you don't agree with me and just start QQing left and right about your own personal interest in this situation.

R.I.P.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Do u even understand ANYTHING i said? I'm not pissed off, just f'ing flabbergasted you seem to think there's so many ways to make coin when your'e NOT 100!!! even TT sucks *** trying to sell those mats unless you damn lucky to get a gold, and those are dropping in price too.

Grow up.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Money-making tip #1:

1. Make a female char.
    2. Find a sugar daddy.
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!

Repeat as needed until you get all your gear done and garner a reputation as the server ****.

i approve of this message... and know a few that do it
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    http://ycharts.com/companies/PWRD

stocks falling means less people spending money on the game, since investors only invest in something that makes them money, not costs them money.

less people spending money on the game means less people in general as a player base.

with less CS people, there will be less non CS people, it's just how it is.

@ Alasen:

this is the last i will write about this, because you just don't seem to have the intelligence to comprehend economy.

less money in game, means less money people CAN spend on getting gold, which means gold SELLERS have to lower their price to keep on selling.
    i know what u mean, but it's more like w/o this people will charge more to get their coin (unless they already got their merch nich and arerolling in billions.... >.>WHY DO U THINK everyone's pissed off? PWE basically jsut said FU, go charge more.

Gold has been going down from 1.4 mil to 1.1 mil on harshlands in about 2 months, that's around 20% price reduction. i don't know about you, but that's HUGE.
    well it hasnt' dropped at all on HT...... 1.3 mil for months..

Stocks are falling because the game has a too high inflation rate. so people who cannot CS, will quit the game fast because they know they are not getting and CS related items when gold is at 1.4 mil. So the ONLY way to let the non CS people stay, is to lower gold prices. not to give them more money and to inflate the economy even more.
    cept like i said ALREADY.... gold price never went up or down when these came in the game, it dropped with **** sales, went up with good ones. And it didnt' stray too far either. And I'll bet u it doesn't go up or down w/o these either. Only reason PW removed them, they want u to charge your CC more.

but then again, who am i fooling. You don't have the intelligence to grasp anything people are saying.

AND YET AGAIN you failed to read that i ALREADY posted my thoughts on removing the fairy boxes, the only problem is that you don't agree with me and just start QQing left and right about your own personal interest in this situation.
    I think u failed to notice i was mostly responding to mitachi, i KNOW u said u dont' like this.... jesus....
    R.I.P.

/10char
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Did they de-nerf the drop rates in exchange?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Grow up.

really? I'm prolly older then you are rofl...... sorry i dont' like being slapped in the face by PW over and over, dont' like it gtfo....
    Did they de-nerf the drop rates in exchange?

seriously doubt it.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Money-making tip #1:

1. Make a female char.
    2. Find a sugar daddy.
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!

Repeat as needed until you get all your gear done and garner a reputation as the server ****.

Fionina? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I knew this was coming since July.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1136811
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1137301&highlight=Fairy+box

A part of me likes to believe that the reason they held out releasing R9 for EG until the slight bug in the quest detail was fixed because of the negative changes. Then I see how silent they were and realize once again they aren't being very proactive (I would have saw that thread personally, and started working on seeing if we can get exception to this reversion, before it even came to us three months later), that the playerbase is often better informed (at least when it comes to rumors), and that the once again just simply left important information out of the patch notes. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Learn to understand that fairy boxes where never in the game back then, and people got along just fine without the "free" 360/720K you got from doing 30 mins worth of runs. If you think about it, making 720K in 30 mins, in theory is 1.44 MIL an hour, which is WAY HIGHER then any merchant or TT farmer. Yes you are restricted to only the 6 boxes a day, but you could stop running and still have a supply to get you through days.

so please stop this topic, and go AOE grinding with your magmite or herc, which makes enough coin to cover expenses you have on a daily basis, and it doesn't take long anyway. Besides that you get a nice chunk of EXP and you can level your pet faster, without trying to get into cube room 4.

now do you get it? you've been spoiled with FREE MONEY! stop being spoiled and find other ways of making money. i also still can't believe a VENO is complaining about making money. hell you can grind all day, or even run solo TT for green mats and have a repair/expense bill of 50K in a week for your weapon that you need to repair because you heal your pet.

seriously, get over it please and find another way to make money, not ask PWI to give it free to you again

Some of us also understand mats used to actually drop in solo mode. The drop rate has been severely reduced to the point where I'm lucky to see a total of 2 mats out of 5 runs in solo mode. More often than not my expense per run outweighs my rewards w/o fairy boxes.

You're accusations of being spoiled are complete BS only based on the fact you personally don't care. This was in fact a lousy change that will affect many players in a bad way.
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ^this too
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    stuff that stressedout quoted

b:worried
    You do realise you get fairy boxes the same way you get green/gold mats, right? You have to actually... you know, kill the bosses? it's kinda redundant that you say people are "QQing about not having 'free' money anymore" to later state in your post that you can farm green mats and sell them for profit.
    Also, "back in the day" people ran random multi-people TT, no one was left out of anything because lack of aps or not having r9, and the economy was booming. Now, everyone grabs their alt bm/sin and solo-farms everything and no one wants to do random squads anymore. Kinda leaves half of the population out on it if they can't solo it themselves.
    Also, you thinking you can make a profit regardless of the nerf on the TT drops is laughable, I farmed ONE (1) green mat after soloing 1-1 & 1-2 10 times.

Anyway, do you just not know how you get fairy boxes? Do you think they fall out of your **** after you walk into TT or something? They're not free, you need a sub (or multiple ones depending) and you need to be able to kill the boss... b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:worried
    You do realise you get fairy boxes the same way you get green/gold mats, right? You have to actually... you know, kill the bosses? it's kinda redundant that you say people are "QQing about not having 'free' money anymore" to later state in your post that you can farm green mats and sell them for profit.
    Also, "back in the day" people ran random multi-people TT, no one was left out of anything because lack of aps or not having r9, and the economy was booming. Now, everyone grabs their alt bm/sin and solo-farms everything and no one wants to do random squads anymore. Kinda leaves half of the population out on it if they can't solo it themselves.
    Also, you thinking you can make a profit regardless of the nerf on the TT drops is laughable, I farmed ONE (1) green mat after soloing 1-1 & 1-2 10 times.

Anyway, do you just not know how you get fairy boxes? Do you think they fall out of your **** after you walk into TT or something? They're not free, you need a sub (or multiple ones depending) and you need to be able to kill the boss... b:sweat

This, it was no more free money than nirvana or any other farmable instances. People had to get it open (pay subs) and then kill the bosses and mobs inside. Even then, you weren't allowed to trade them at tons of rates everyday like other farmable drops. You were only allowed to make so much money off em per day. If they were going to take away fairy boxes, they should have at least done some kind of adjustment to make up for it. To make solo mode viable, otherwise what's the point in solo mode?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • CeaseBM - Dreamweaver
    CeaseBM - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I did like fairy boxes, my main (sin) is almost 100 n i solo'd tt daily for them..i hav almost 500 fairy boxes so the change doesnt really bother me..

But..Recently, my faction got everyone to start farming herbs (heaven/hell)..n ive never ben much of an herb farmer..but..

now that im learning circuits and where to look, i easily ..EASILY..make 1-2 mil an hour, JUST selling to catshops in 1k..and it would b more if i catshopped myself..all u need is access to heaven/hell and a mount..and if you were farming TT mostl ikely u had access to these areas...

start farming herbs and selling to catshops...its decent, FREE, EASY profit...

o yea...if you see me farming, i will try to get the herbs before you..lol...

all in all, fairy boxes are NOT the only way to make easy profit...mirages u get 6 per day...x ill say 6 alts..thats 216 a day...thts 2 mil per day..gettin 6 boxes per alt each day...u can make wayy more farming herbs..n way less repair cost..i use hardly any pots, hell, i barely even have to fight mobs..and if i do its quick and over...

Enjoy the game people stop complainin so much, cuz we kno yal not goin anywhere =)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    here's the problem, u all keep throwqing other ways at us to farm, i dont' like farmign herbs either.... one it bores the **** out of me and two i can't STARE at the screen trying to see little herbs all day. i have a weak eye and in fact as of this moment i have a eyegraine from hell (migraines dont' come anymore, since the eye was weakened froma infection they go RIGHT to my eye). Hell loking for WEEDS like tuckahoe's the worst.....

Two, I LIKE killing things, i LIKED farming TT solo, i LIKED the money from the boxes. and ya u can only open 6 a day... but u build up a LOT MORE in the long run........ esp if u get 100 boxes a day.

Now PW slapped us in the face with removing these... and people are pissed. and if ya can't see why people are ticked.....
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    wow does anyone read? i dont' charge more then ten bucks a month... TT doesn't make u ****, u can't do BH 100 or nirv or anything when youre UNDER 100!
    For the record, (even though you don't seem to pay attention to anything anyone else says, so why should we you?) don't go throwing around things you think are solid money makers that are not. BH100 you have clearly never done, nor know anything about. Pre-patch, you had a small chance to make 2mil. Today I did Delta w2 bh and got an Orb of Cultivation (400kexp and some SP) and 5 subs. I literally spent more doing the bh than I got out of it.
    Even post-patch, the same Ecstasy and Excitment cards that have a small chance to get as bh have a chance at winning in packs in the cube - which you can do, btw. Gambling on getting cards, regardless if its cube or bh, is hardly a reliable way to support yourself in game.
  • Cortimis - Dreamweaver
    Cortimis - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    They removed them to slow down the influx of coin on to the server. Six times the mirages meant six times the coin coming on to the server, causing you all to QQ about how prices are going higher. Face it, people are going to solo every TT in squad mode, and keep every single drop. It is just going to happen, the TT prices are going to stay wrecked, and low levels won't make insane amounts of money. This is PW's lame way of trying to fix the damage done by APS farming without actually doing jack about the problem: APS farming. Fairy boxes didn't always exist, and people made it to 100 before. I know, back in the dinosaur ages, before cars, the internet, and air conditioning, man survived. We can get by without fairy boxes.
    Cortimis - 101 Demon Barbarian. 100% legit, no goonzs/no APS

Cortimi - 9X Demon Seeker. Total garbage and I will kill you with it anyways.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    For the record, (even though you don't seem to pay attention to anything anyone else says, so why should we you?) don't go throwing around things you think are solid money makers that are not. BH100 you have clearly never done, nor know anything about. Pre-patch, you had a small chance to make 2mil. Today I did Delta w2 bh and got an Orb of Cultivation (400kexp and some SP) and 5 subs. I literally spent more doing the bh than I got out of it.
    Even post-patch, the same Ecstasy and Excitment cards that have a small chance to get as bh have a chance at winning in packs in the cube - which you can do, btw. Gambling on getting cards, regardless if its cube or bh, is hardly a reliable way to support yourself in game.

Talk about paying attention, i'm not the one who threw in BH 100 as a solid money maker.... so...... b:avoid
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I for one am not happy about the changes, I ran solo mode today of 2-3 in order to get 5 forshura's arms for a friend's TT 90 armor and it took me 12 runs (that's 36 subs) to get the 5 I needed, along with 6 horns and 4 edges (both worthless mats). Instead of the fairy boxes, which would have made those 12 runs worthwhile, I got about 50 perfect stones... I fail to see how that is a good thing. Sure it helped my genie a bit I guess... but I would have rather it helped my repair bill and sub costs. Even 1 fairy box would have been worth more than those 50 perfect stones... >.>;

Sure there are other ways to make money, but you know what, every little bit helps, especially to those without a farming character. I actually quite enjoyed the boxes, they made doing the low level TTs worth while, and I feel especially bad for those who are lower level and relied on them to supplement their income.

O.o Though I am confused how people think you can open them on alts too because I thought it was 6 boxes per account per day, pretty darn sure of that one. Yes I'll get over this, I can still solo 3-1 and 2-3 on squad mode and get my boxes, but that doesn't help people who are low level get that income back. That income is harder to come by, yes people 89+ can farm lots of herbs in heaven and hell, I know 3-4 awesome money making routes in there, but for those under that level, its a LOT more tricky.
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    No more mirages in solo mode? i guess i can stop npcing my mirages then b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011

O.o Though I am confused how people think you can open them on alts too because I thought it was 6 boxes per account per day, pretty darn sure of that one.
    Multi-client. Set squad to free, take a mule char on a second account and open 12.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    O.o Though I am confused how people think you can open them on alts too because I thought it was 6 boxes per account per day, pretty darn sure of that one. Yes I'll get over this, I can still solo 3-1 and 2-3 on squad mode and get my boxes, but that doesn't help people who are low level get that income back. That income is harder to come by, yes people 89+ can farm lots of herbs in heaven and hell, I know 3-4 awesome money making routes in there, but for those under that level, its a LOT more tricky.

You level a alt to 70, put them in the squad, put squad on free mode, so that whoever picks up the boxes gets them, and u pick half up and have your alt pick half up. lol

Edit: damn ninja'ed lol
  • Xacte - Raging Tide
    Xacte - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I want Fairy Boxes Back!!!
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tkx for Siggy to Dorset - Heavens Tear b:pleased
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:laugh @ all the QQ's

ive been over 100+ for over 2 years just hit 101 a month or so ago....im 5aps 7.3k hp unbuffed an i farmed ALL of it WITH OUT fairy boxes total of $20 in game from bdays and x-mas over the past 3 years. so there is way 2 make coin an get the gear you want with out selling gold....

all i see is QQ i dont want 2 work hard for good things i want it all to b easy. make it fast an easy for me where others worked their butts off for wat they have.

guess if that wasnt on topic i couldnt care less about losing fairy boxes in solo mode...b/c after working for my gear after 2 years im able to solo most TT's in squad mode. sure i have 2 pay a couple openers but with the alt i drag behind me im opening 12 fairy boxes a day. openers paid and then some from mats.

b:sad its such a crying shame yall cant get rich with out putting in 1/2 the work others have isnt it? b:laugh
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    and here's the kicker........ it took you 2 YEARS to get your gear..... no thnx lmao