Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL!!!!... bout the bear smile
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hey all, we're currently looking into this change. We'll keep you up to date and we appreciate your feedback.

b:thanks

Hi Frankie, I would just like to say....the feedback is very NEGATIVE!!! We are all hoping this wasn't intentional, but yeah...SP and all that it probably was. But anything you can do to bring us our fairy boxes back would be appreciated b:thanks

But seriously, if you could ask the DEVS if they still want people to actually enjoy and play the game...they're taking all the decent elements out and making people level-aps-gear hungry monsters....
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    please put Fairy Boxes back in solo TT b:chuckle

BUMP
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I doubt that. There have been more unpopular decisions in the past....

Packs returning, for one.b:chuckle

*remembers the ages-long thread resulting from that*

-shudders-
    I <3 A lot of people
  • MariGrimoire - Sanctuary
    MariGrimoire - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    (Note- For those who are lazy, skip to the end.)

Just addin in my two bits. And yes, I was shocked to see them gone.
    Lv.80 Veno as main, been playin 2-3 months, so Im hardly a vet, even managed to level my cleric to 81. And as for skills, forget about it, havnt had coin enough to buy any since lv.60 until I learned about the fairy boxes. (For those not sure, this is the topic, not the first paragraph.)

Just a few facts about my situation as a non-cash player.
    First, I have been without a job for a year, and paying a credit card bill, and a few medical bills off with the small amount I scrounge together from odd jobs.
    Second, I refuse to borrow money, or charge a cred card, when I have no sure way of paying it back, such acts are foolish. So Buying zen is not an option.
    Third, Im here to have fun, and interact with friends, not waste time grinding like mad. Id rather take three man squads into dungeons levels above us, just to see if we can beat it, and laugh about it after whether we did or not.
    fourth, as it sounds above, I have nothing but time. Do I wish to spend it grinding, watching a catshop 24/7, and fighting other merchants, watching auction, or grinding what little coin I manage to get away wasted on runs for mats I need? No.

Im wearing TT70 armor.. on both toons. with every socket... empty, while lv.80. And now the farming is worse. Im leagues behind in skills, so bad you would laugh, that is how ridiculous it is, want an idea? I have malf my scarab skills, and none of my fox. Know one reason why? Im playing for others, having fun helping others, and now suddenly... I cant do that as easily anymore, without having to grind for myself. Solo playing, is not fun, if I wanted to solo, Id boot up my PS2, or my dinosaur of a DS. This is an MMO, to be played for fun, when you necessitate excessive grinding solo, beyond a few hours tops, this becomes a job, not a game.

Ive gotten so far behind, because I have been saving coin, while two friends of mine spent theirs on skills, and gear, because I wanted to help them get married in game. I didnt care I fell behind in levels, as they both finally hit sage. I felt better knowing how grateful and surprised they were when I finally managed to get the first... first.. pack. Last 2 months Ive grinded, worked, merchanted, and know what my grand total was before fairy boxes? 40 mil, half spent on necessary skills, gear, and upgrades, on both characters. Two months. And believe me, I exploited, undercut, and all around ripped into nitches on a daily basis, earning that coin.

Would I like to see the boxes back? Yes. Do I intend to rant endlessly, and troll, and whine, and repost, and annoy? No. I think saying what I wish to say one time should suffice, even if it is a calmly written rant. Apologies for the wall of text, but since I read every post up to here, I felt a little detail might help avoid nitpickers, which I am sure will do the following.
    1.Misinterpret many key points, or expound upon useless details that detract from the subject at hand.
    2.Note that had I been a better player, or more observant, or any number of things, I should have clearly managed to make more than the piddly bit I have.
    3.Tell me I should focus on myself more, and quit helping others for a time, until Im caught up. Reread the second paragraph please.
    4.That Im detracting off the main topic. I have stated my opinion no less than 3 times, and have offered details to explain why it is such a benefit, having worked every other angle prior. Which few have admitted to.
    5.Hyper to 100, or at least 89 for heaven/hell farming. I ask you, how can I do so, when at the cheapest, they are 400k to buy tokens for. Reread the third paragraph please, if not the second.
    6.FILL THOSE SOCKETS! O_O. Please reread the third paragraph. And I repeat, I have more fun playing for, and doing things, for friends and faction. If boxes return, maybe Ill manage to fill the TT80 gear, if I ever manage to make it before lv.90 at this rate.

END- Yes, I want boxes back. My thought as to why? For a person in my situation, who still wants to help others over myself, they were helping me get skills, and gear, that I previously didnt imagine I could get. Am I gonna change my method of gaming, or spend money I do not have on Zen to catch up? No. I play, to have fun. Am I going to quit over this? No, because I have made promises, if only to myself in a few cases, that I mean to fulfill, and goals I want to achieve. Ive played Hard mode all my life, so why give up now?

Happy gaming to you all. And push your limits, you wont know what you can do until you try! ^.~<3 Uber gear or not! Its not what you don't have, its knowing how to use what you do.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sorry gonna have to disagree again. Before you jump me again, it is sad to see the fairy boxes go. However, im not a cash shopper, and i have over average gear, it still is possible to make money without cash shopping.

I feel your anger and issues in this thread. Im also angry at R8 recast. You guys have lost like what? 720k a day? I've lost like 720mil coins because R8 recast puts my nirvy pieces to waste. As well as cloudcharger cape being useless now cause of the new cape so thats another 200mil loss. So yeah i know how it feels to be screwed over by pwi.

But for the sake of lower lvls i hope they do bring fairy boxes back. Good luck frankie ****.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats hilarious...Your in the only faction on the entire server that has sucessfull done even one full nine trials....Don't think nirvana gear is in anyway shape or form outdone an old news compared to recast rank 8 that very few if any will ever bother to farm.

Yes fairy boxes should be back. For those without overpowered gear it gives them a good way to earn coin and refine, and truthfully not even all that much. I'm also a rank 9 +12,11. and 10 sin...I even think I remeber fcing with your husband when he created his. Let the underprivilaged have fun an make alittle coin doing tt solo if they like
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats hilarious...Your in the only faction on the entire server that has sucessfull done even one full nine trials....Don't think nirvana gear is in anyway shape or form outdone an old news compared to recast rank 8 that very few if any will ever bother to farm.

Yes fairy boxes should be back. For those without overpowered gear it gives them a good way to earn coin and refine, and truthfully not even all that much. I'm also a rank 9 +12,11. and 10 sin...I even think I remeber fcing with your husband when he created his. Let the underprivilaged have fun an make alittle coin doing tt solo if they like

So once again you turning this into a thing about my faction. I was talking about myself. How i felt about the changes, this has nothing to do with my faction. Know what i did with my r8 recast mats? i gave them away. Im still gonna go for nirvy to get the last set bonuses. I don't really get what your point is.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The point was you haven't lost any coins and your no less effective and your ability to gain coin is way above the average. I doubt that you have much idea what its like playing anymore as an average player. You are an elite in the elitest faction on your server.

It certainly not hurting the game or anything if they put fairy boxes back into solo mode tt. Hell it probably wouldn't hurt them to put them back an triple thier drop rate.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The point was you haven't lost any coins and your no less effective and your ability to gain coin is way above the average. I doubt that you have much idea what its like playing anymore as an average player. You are an elite in the elitest faction on your server.

It certainly not hurting the game or anything if they put fairy boxes back into solo mode tt. Hell it probably wouldn't hurt them to put them back an triple thier drop rate.

i only got my gear good in july so yeah i can still remember, i can remember how fish use to bully me in pk, how they use to ask me for buffs then kill me straight after. Don't think ill forget that, fish were the main reason i stayed highly motivated to get good gear.

I didn't say its hurting the game didn't you read the part where i said "I do hope they get put back."

I said i find it unfair that r8 recast is better than nirvy, maybe i should of used these words instead.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I love everyone in this thread, especially Mitachi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im getting a headache from this thread x,x
  • Yueliang - Lost City
    Yueliang - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:beatupb:irritated b:surrender
    /\ -- /\ --- /\
    PW / Players / Fairy Boxes

Give'em back pwease =3 b:kiss
    b:cute
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I want them back, they helped me so much.

Now im back to grinding a mill a day if I dont get bored and afk in SZ...
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Flourish - Momaganon
    Flourish - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Frankie, Can you please find out just why the change. If it was because people were dragging lower level toons through to allow them to open more boxes then why can't they just change solo mode so it is exactly that, ie you can only go in there by yourself and keep what you drop. That would make so much more sense to me. ijs.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If they can't change the coding to make the FF boss not POP any dragoons i'm sure they can't figure out how to do that..... lol And that would prolly tick everyone off too. Sorry spending a year + opening boxes? 6 months (or 8) on two toons is freaking bad enough lol
  • MariGrimoire - Sanctuary
    MariGrimoire - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I forgot the golden rule, beyond a certain length noone bothers to read it. *giggles* and that you arnt taken seriously unless your well known, or have alot of posts. Note for ya if your not aware already, Forum shows the date you first posted.

Nah, This will be the second MMO Ive seen shoot itself in the foot due to a change they gave no warning on, its fine if you could see, or thought you could see, it comeing months back. And the first was taken down in July because they didnt do it once, but twice, and lost almost all of their player base, game was fun though. And someone else mentioned a rollback, I say hell no. That is a horrible idea, without good cause, and it has to be a damn good reason.

So everyone relax, dude said he'd look into it. I thought he was tryin to be nice with the smiley, but then again I dont know the fellah as well as all of you. Things cant happen in a day, if it does change it will be the next time the server is taken down at the earliest. Which I believe to be for daylight savings if Im not mistaken.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I said i find it unfair that r8 recast is better than nirvy, maybe i should of used these words instead.

b:surrender r8 recast has higher base defense than r9... now THAT is unfair lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloopp
    bloopp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i dont get the reason why PWI always do such **** on updates,... solo TT was one way get farm a bit money, but now.. dont know really how someone can farm coins for EQ know, maybe killing mobs hours... or well guess the reason is to make the ppls buying cash...

cheers
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *waits for frankie to get snail mail from china*
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wow!! I get on to find out why there is no Fairy Boxes and find out everyone is upset about it.

Give us back our boxes pls b:thanks
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:surrender r8 recast has higher base defense than r9... now THAT is unfair lol

oh well its life.b:surrender
  • kreslin
    kreslin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, give us boxes pls. -_-
  • android172
    android172 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeh... umm... do the boxes still drop in squad mode though? Also where is this post the GM's have about removeing boxes? Becuse I cant find it....
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The boxes still drop in squad mode above 2-1 or so.
    The GM's didn't state they have been removed, but a lot of things aren't listed in the patch notes. =_="

/glad to see a reply of frankie though... let's hope the boxes are back with xmass >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord_Vahko - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Vahko - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well i'm glad I got 1,291 Boxes left b:chuckle ima run a solo tt to see if boxes drop Becuse befor the new patches an all this. (im talking like 1 month prior to this) I got boxes in solo mode BUT when my friend did it he never got boxes but I did I think it might be random and like the other drops in solo mode (witch suck btw) are just as rare to get as the green items so maybe thats a factor to look at. Either way i'm gona run a few tests just to figure this out.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    or u could just read the posts..... NO solo mode drops them anymore... 1-1 squad doesn't, 1-2 Chienten don't but Drummer did, been told 3-1 does in squad cept for Djinscream...... meh.....
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    or u could just read the posts..... NO solo mode drops them anymore... 1-1 squad doesn't, 1-2 Chienten don't but Drummer did, been told 3-1 does in squad cept for Djinscream...... meh.....

Yup your right, also in 3-x's they drop a maximum of 3 per boss but i only saw one boss in 3-3 drop 3b:surrender Rest either drop 1 or 2. -sigh-
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Although the desperate to see something positive in PWI's last public fiscal report have latched on to a single line about extending the longevity of the game, PWI's actions in this last patch tell a different story.

That story is that they most likely see the end coming and have dug in to make as much fast cash that they can in the window of remaining time. One of the biggest MMO franchises in the world is set to release this Christmas. Another top shelf title is expected to go gold within months of that. I am convinced that I and many players I have heard comment on this will checking those alternatives out and may very well leave PWI for them.

We hit 80 recently, and once you hit 80 you hit a brick wall. Leveling via BH and quests or grinding is so slow it may take years to get to 100. So what happens. Two things. From my observation a great many players call it quits at that point. The other remaning players cough up money for Zen to sell for gold to pay for power leveling and gear.

If you work for a living, at the average wage, it makes more sense for to buy gear via zen than grind for it. Even with the fairy boxes, one could not make more in one hour of farming than one could buy with one hours wages.

Up to level 80 I was able to outfit my character with decent gear for a modest expense of cash, but to get decent gear from level 80 on is just beyond what I am prepared to pay. I could afford it, but it simply is not worth it to me. I can amuse myself without the burn rate.

So I am just biding my time for a certain new MMO to come out that promises to NOT sell power in the cash shop. PWI has jumped the shark and decided to grab all the cash it can before the doors close.

You can see it in many ways, Arch is getting less and less populated. The number of TWs keeps shrinking. The largest and best factions are having to compete heavily for the shrinking pool of new players who stick around to level 80+.

I am not a economics or game theory phd, but i can tell when PWI is purposely doing everything it can to squeeze every last penny out of the few cash rich suckers it still has, rather than balancing the economy so that farmers can at least support their main beyond level 80.
    Just some guy