Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Comments

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Might want to go back to my post and learn to read......
    And I did, and quoted it before you sniper edited the bit about the 6 per day into it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bring them back.

I loved running a solo mode TT for a free little cash a day. It's easy and over time and if you're smart you can quite a good sum sum of money. Sure, I could merchant or roll a 5.0 char for nirvana. But nope, I'm not into that. I'm not in a big faction either and I like to enjoy the game, not constantly be pushed to make money.

I can only imagine how it feels for the lower level people who don't have multiple higher chars that can run BH100 or Nirvana.

Bad move there, PWE. Bring them back, not everyone is 100+ and has other ways to make cash. Some of us like to play the game and don't want to farm 24/7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It's not crappy funding when u dont' give a rat's *** about end game content........ i could care less if i can one shoot people and i care even less about TW........ damn u all dont' get **** do u? rocks for brains maybe?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All the less than level 100 people ******** about this should just suck it up and hit 100 already so they actually have more money-making options.

Also, as Mitachi says, learn to merch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Oke, fine Mitachi, there ARE other ways of making money. We all knew it already. And now we got reminded of it again. Thank you very much. Happy now? b:bye
    Either way I don't have time to play long so 360k was nice to have each day. Lvling an alt for 720k and I can start putting money aside each day for endgame gear. For me rank8 will be endgame.
    I don't powerlvl, so getting to lvl 100 will take time. By the time I get to lvl 100 I'll have enough money to get rank8 and shard and refine it at least decently.
    I honestly don't care for rushing trough this game and 720k each day gets me by just fine.

Seriously, you higher lvls tell us to stop QQing about fairy boxes. Our main source of income. I wonder how you'd all react if they made cannies and raptures untradable. Or only dropped from bosses if you have a rainbow squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    learn to read and understand some of us dont' WANT to merch....
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Merching works, however I can't be bothered to put up a catshop and afk when I have better things to do with a computer if anything.

For the really great/obsessive merchants, how the (insert scathing word that starts with a "F") can you have multiple shops 24/7, the hardcore players do that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Can't you make one sentence without trying to belittle people?
    Hell do delta even you get 70k per wave.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Without taking sides on this maybe now that solo mode is less attractive it will be easier to get high level help on TT runs. Most of the time I did TT with someone 10 level higher it was either a super friendly fac mate or someone needing a quest in there. And most of the time it was the quest. Speaking for myself I like to have all my gear lined up before I reach that level. So if this makes it easier for me to get into strong TT squads then I love the idea.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    i would if anyone used their god damn head.......

This thread's about people being pissed off about the ninja'ed removal of ALOT OF OUR WAY TO MAKE COIN..... not how u f'ing make coin at 100+ doing things we can't. And dont' even try telling me again TT's worth it trying to sell mats. I can make more charging ten gold a month then keep trying THAT...... all the runs i've done i've seen a whopping 3 gold mats..... so ya....

far as delta, never done it.... havent' even got to that point in quests so..... still on TT2-3 for 2nd oht map.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Can't you make one sentence without trying to belittle people?
    Hell do delta even you get 70k per wave.

Good luck with that.

You're barely gonne find a delta squad before 100. You need a full squad to run it. You need a barb/cleric. You gotta have ~3hours time to run it.

Yea, totally the fast and easy money making advice..sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ^ LOL that too

seriously i ran 3-1 for a few days the last 2X, 15 minutes per run......... and you WONDER why i'd rather do THAT 10X a day for fairy boxes then grind my *** off for 12 hours EVERY DAY in a 2X (which i actualyl did for a week this last one, but i wanted TWO event cards from the DQ page as well)? daily i'd make more grinding... but in the long run...... 170 mil or so from boxes ( in a MONTH long 2x), opposed to like 40-50 grinding..... (80 sin i made bout 1.3 mil a day on nightscream, so multiply that by 31).
  • Mirtilla - Sanctuary
    Mirtilla - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Merchanting works better if the less people do it.
    The more people merchant,the less the margin/profit.

Its like speculation,when too many people do it....well read any real-life economy newspaper on what's happening 'cuz of speculation.
    Im a Seeker but I have no clue what Im seeking.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    i would if anyone used their god damn head.......

If you want us to hear you out you have to hear us out too, this is why there is no logic amongst players. Putting myself in your shoes yes sorry fairy boxes are going bye bye sorry sorry, now i have to find alternative methods to make coin. This is how pwi is, depends if you gonna adapt or not. Adapting = acceptance.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hmm in the old days we where doing gv with +4 gear and hh90 now you got spawn point gv which takes 90min just kill a mushrooms at the last wave its prolly hard now cuz every1 went to make a aps char and we all know aps dont have hp unless they +10-12 their armors
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Money-making tip #1:

1. Make a female char.
    2. Find a sugar daddy.
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!

Repeat as needed until you get all your gear done and garner a reputation as the server ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Learn to understand that fairy boxes where never in the game back then, and people got along just fine without the "free" 360/720K you got from doing 30 mins worth of runs. If you think about it, making 720K in 30 mins, in theory is 1.44 MIL an hour, which is WAY HIGHER then any merchant or TT farmer. Yes you are restricted to only the 6 boxes a day, but you could stop running and still have a supply to get you through days.

so please stop this topic, and go AOE grinding with your magmite or herc, which makes enough coin to cover expenses you have on a daily basis, and it doesn't take long anyway. Besides that you get a nice chunk of EXP and you can level your pet faster, without trying to get into cube room 4.

now do you get it? you've been spoiled with FREE MONEY! stop being spoiled and find other ways of making money. i also still can't believe a VENO is complaining about making money. hell you can grind all day, or even run solo TT for green mats and have a repair/expense bill of 50K in a week for your weapon that you need to repair because you heal your pet.

seriously, get over it please and find another way to make money, not ask PWI to give it free to you again
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    This thread's about people being pissed off about the ninja'ed removal of ALOT OF OUR WAY TO MAKE COIN
    They weren't ninja'd away. Its been mentioned on this forum more than once that this was coming. I believe there was even a topic dedicated to it.

Anyway, you're not listening to anything. I'm even agreeing with you on some points and you're just yelling in caps, swearing and insulting. I am sure PWE will reinstate them and take you seriously after these rants. So, good luck with whatever you find to make up for this.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you want us to hear you out you have to hear us out too, this is why there is no logic amongst players. Putting myself in your shoes yes sorry fairy boxes are going bye bye sorry sorry, now i have to find alternative methods to make coin. This is how pwi is, depends if you gonna adapt or not. Adapting = acceptance.

Mitachi, we KNOW the other ways to make coin. Everyone has a different style of playing a game though. I play the game to play it. It's entertainment. So I don't do things ingame that I don't enjoy. I didn't think of it as a chore to solo 3-1 about 3 times a day. The reward I got for doing so was nice.
    I don't think it's FUN to merchant. I've tried. And I don't like it.
    I don't have hours to play to do rebirth either, and as Xai said, it's hard to get a squad if you aren't lvl 100+

Grinding is hardly profitable anymore since they nerfed DQ prices b:surrender I used to make about 360k an hour grinding on my veno, now I make about the same in an hour running some TT's. (yes I'm slow :o I don't feel the need to rush things even though I can't play long)

@Kokki: back when there weren't fairy boxes the DQ price wasn't nerfed, gold wasn't 1.3mil+ and there was no rank8 ijs. (the times might overlap a bit, but not much =_=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Money-making tip #1:

1. Make a female char.
    2. Find a sugar daddy.
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!

Repeat as needed until you get all your gear done and garner a reputation as the server ****.

haha i can think of quite a few people like this.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    wow does anyone read? i dont' charge more then ten bucks a month... TT doesn't make u ****, u can't do BH 100 or nirv or anything when youre UNDER 100! and ALOT OF US don't LIKE merch'ing or can even find a nich to START....... I never thought i'd make 200 mil to get my sin nirv daggers (I'm sure as hell not going to keep charging even ten a month if that's all i got left to get...... not paying that much REAL MONEY for one thing)..... then they put in the boxes. THEN i realized at the end of this last 2X how much i could make off em.

I'm like sweet, next few 2X i'll spam TT (spent awhile getting my alt cleric to 70 to help open boxes), maybe by the time my sin's 100 i'll have enough to just buy the daggers (or buy the mats to make them). Now they take this out and slap me and everyone else in the face that used the boxes or were going to.

Hey PW how bout u roll back all the people that got hundreds and hundreds of millions of coin from this already huh? Since u wot' let the rest of us do it.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011

Good luck with that.

You're barely gonne find a delta squad before 100. You need a full squad to run it. You need a barb/cleric. You gotta have ~3hours time to run it.

Clearly people cant see when im being sarcastic D:
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    That would require some measure of intelligence, something that is hard to find around here
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    i dont' think we're in the mood for sarcasm in case you haven't noticed yet.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    @Hazumi_chan - I don't disagree they were a source of income. And I don't think anyone does. The claim by someone else that they were a primary source for endgame Nirvana gear, however, is ridiculous.
    It is **** that these are gone from people who farmed them as part of their income, yes.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    i dont' think we're in the mood for sarcasm in case you haven't noticed yet.

You mean you are not in the mood.
    you expect people to read your rageful posts with stars and annoying caps but you don't even think about what other people say. You only making yourself sound like a immature little child. Its a GAME hunny dont get so upset over it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Good luck with that.

remember the delta fever days @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    @hazumi:

there was only 1 person talking about grinding endgame gear with fairy boxes, the rest was complaining about skills and daily expenses. As far as i know daily expenses like pots (hp+mp) and stuff like that got WAY cheaper, and skills have always been the same. This is NOT gold related so grinding for it STILL is a valid way to earn back your daily expenses, and keep some money left over for skills etc.

This removal of fairy boxes is a step back to lower gold prices, and open world questing and grinding. If they would remove hyper from FCC, the game would be restored to a previous, and WAY better, state.

pre 100 is the same as it used to be, endgame gear can only be gotten through extended farming and grinding. It sucks for those that are now coming into the game, and not being able to get R9 as easy, but on the other hand if gold drops back down to lets say 400K, you can grind up 1 gold per 1.5 hours, which is about the same as it used to be. if they manage this, then i must say that they did their job right. if this was NOT their intention, then it was just a way to get more $ in the pocket.

BUT stocks have been falling, and the player base is shrinking. so they have to restore the old glory of PWI in order to get more people spending money on the game.

See what they did with packs? couple weeks back they brought them back to original 1 gold each,but noone bought them. At the moment they are 22.5 gold per 50. Now they will slowly add a couple gold per 50 packs, till everyone is used to 1 gold per pack, or 45 for 50 again.

See where i'm going?
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited November 2011
    You mean you are not in the mood.
    you expect people to read your rageful posts with stars and annoying caps but you don't even think about what other people say. You only making yourself sound like a immature little child. Its a GAME hunny dont get so upset over it.

lol +1
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited November 2011
    ... and the player base is shrinking. ...

Proof plz