Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Options

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well its always stupid to change sth what was good. Since TT mats are almost nothing worth, ppl were farming fairy boxes to make cash. So i would say make it like in the past. We know its not always easy to get squad /at least not scammer one/ to farm TT, so why do u guys take the chance for all ppl to farm their cash?

Don't bother they will not answer. There is no GM answer to this problem. They are just cowardly quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That's what us fair players get for the noobs cheating and sht
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Please bring back Fairy Boxes in TT solo mode b:bye
  • edhead
    edhead Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Please bring back Fairy Boxes in TT solo mode b:bye

I agree, i am poor now because of this. I cannot afford to buy potions, do my CS, or pay a split in my BH. Let alone teleport. Can't pay for repairs, can't buy perfect stones so i can't use my genie.

In short i cannot play.

Please bring back genie boxes in solo tt modes, that way i can continue to play this fine game.
  • juli535
    juli535 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    edhead wrote: »
    I agree, i am poor now because of this. I cannot afford to buy potions, do my CS, or pay a split in my BH. Let alone teleport. Can't pay for repairs, can't buy perfect stones so i can't use my genie.

In short i cannot play.

Please bring back genie boxes in solo tt modes, that way i can continue to play this fine game.

All of the above...

I sure wish someone would do the right thing and bring them back. Would be nice...
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    my vote for bringing back the boxes
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

In short i cannot play.

wtf

What the HELL did you do for coins before boxes existed? Seriously...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wtf

Lol, this.

While I'll agree that I'd like the fairy boxes back because they were easy money, there are lots of other ways to make money other than farming fairy boxes.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ..... not only did they take away the boxes they slapped us again by putting in worthless P stones rofl >.<
    They added the P-Stones long before the fairy boxes.

In short i cannot play.

wtf

+1, which is why the large number of people complaining about them removing it from solo mode is so funny.

This is an MMO after all. Make friends, and find people to do squad runs with. It's not terribly hard. At least not on most servers. Some servers, like Archosaur, may be an exception.

Hell you make more money on squad runs just because of the huge increase in mat drop rates, who cares about fairy boxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

What game have u been playing? 1-1 and w/e had P stones ya... but 3-1 DIDN"T.

Hell you make more money on squad runs just because of the huge increase in mat drop rates, who cares about fairy boxes.
    Again what game have you been playing? Maybe u get lucky.. i see so many people saying they do squad runs and barely get enough mats to split to even pay their repair costs and subs and ****... if even that.

And in case you missed it, alot of us dont' have time to be sitting around trying to make squads to spam squad mode. Solo mode was.. WAS a quick way to make a few coin each day... Now? heh it's a joke

/10char
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wtf

Expenses of game is still higher and higher. They try to eliminate every possible way to earn coins. I wouldn't surprise if they remove coins drops from regular mobs. They are willing to do anything to stop gathering in-game coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Originally Posted by SylenThunder - Sanctuary
    What game have u been playing? 1-1 and w/e had P stones ya... but 3-1 DIDN"T.
    Who is talking about 3-1? It doesn't change the fact that we were getting P-Stones as drops on bosses before we even got fairy boxes. And neither of those items being hadded had any effect on the drop rate of the mats, which is what you do TT runs for after all, TT mats.
    Originally Posted by SylenThunder - Sanctuary
    Again what game have you been playing? Maybe u get lucky.. i see so many people saying they do squad runs and barely get enough mats to split to even pay their repair costs and subs and ****... if even that.
    Subs are cheap and easy to get. If you have time you can farm the mats even. Repairs are minimal with good gear and a well balanced squad that knows how to play in a squad.
    And in case you missed it, alot of us dont' have time to be sitting around trying to make squads to spam squad mode. Solo mode was.. WAS a quick way to make a few coin each day... Now? heh it's a joke
    Luck is always a factor, no matter what you run. But with mat drops at 3% in solo and 11% in squad, the only reason you shouldn't be able to make money is because you spend too much in pots and repairs. (Which can be pretty common with a random squad that isn't familiar with squad tactics. Something that is more and more common lately.)

So basically all the QQing is because yall are too damn lazy to play PW like a MMO.
    If your faction is too small to do TT runs, find a bigger/better one. Take your friends with you. (the servers are over saturated with little factions anyway. It's no wonder you people have trouble finding squads.)
    Solo squad mode, it's usually not that hard to pay 50k a head to get a few people to open TT.
    What's really funny is that the great influx of mirage caused by fairy boxes being introduced never lowered the selling price in catshops. Now it's more likely to go up just because everyone is greedy and looking for a quick buck.

Just find another way to merchant another item, no big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree, i am poor now because of this. I cannot afford to buy potions, do my CS, or pay a split in my BH.

I'm assuming you're referring to wine costs. What server are you playing on? In the last year or so I've been playing, I have never encountered a squad where I actually had to pay for wine that someone else brought. When I wine, I never ask people to pay me for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So basically all the QQing is because yall are too damn lazy to play PW like a MMO.
    If your faction is too small to do TT runs, find a bigger/better one. Take your friends with you. (the servers are over saturated with little factions anyway. It's no wonder you people have trouble finding squads.)
    Solo squad mode, it's usually not that hard to pay 50k a head to get a few people to open TT.
    What's really funny is that the great influx of mirage caused by fairy boxes being introduced never lowered the selling price in catshops. Now it's more likely to go up just because everyone is greedy and looking for a quick buck.

Just reading this, shows that you just have no idea at all.
    This is your first mistake, playing this game like a normal mmo died in 2009 as soon as packs and any kind of power levelling started, FC and x12 exp to end game your character in a week or 2 or even buying your power levelling in FC shouldn't happen at all.
    Yes because it's always that simple isn't it?, if there's a small guild going about and their family like or just really close with each other, they're not going to jump guilds into a "bigger one" just to be able to farm a dungeon.
    Neither do the never ending "influx" of 10mill bank notes from people spamming packs all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just reading this, shows that you just have no idea at all.
    This is your first mistake, playing this game like a normal mmo died in 2009 as soon as packs and any kind of power levelling started, FC and x12 exp to end game your character in a week or 2 or even buying your power levelling in FC shouldn't happen at all.
    Yes because it's always that simple isn't it?, if there's a small guild going about and their family like or just really close with each other, they're not going to jump guilds into a "bigger one" just to be able to farm a dungeon.
    Neither do the never ending "influx" of 10mill bank notes from people spamming packs all day.
    Unfortunately, only some people felt the introduction of hypers and still play this game...
    Or your comment would be widely appreciated.
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So, about the Fairy Boxes, it turns out that this was an intended change after all. The developers have made this change to Twilight Temple to protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game.

They've stated that it may be reverted in the future, but for now they would like to evaluate the situation, and we'll definitely let you know if there indeed is any future change to this.

Thank you for your patience during the time it took for us to get to the bottom of this.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thank you frankie for getting a reply on this. Good to know.

For those that want to let PWE know how you feel, contact them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this is so true...i used to make money by mob drops. then that got cut way down, so i started collecting herbs and selling those, and that brought my income back up to a reasonable level, where i could level my skills/pet skills/gear/ etc. but suddenly, when i dont know, the demand for herbs that had previously sold well and had been in demand dissapeared, and very few of what i can collect is worth much...i think most of the herbs must be from the Sage/Demon areas, because i've never seen them anywhere.

so if DQ drops are mostly gone, the high selling herbs are out of reach of the average player, doing WQ takes most of my online time and pays nothing...there is very little that we can do to grind coin. and even grinding- if you fight stuff that drops enough coin to be even mildly worth it, you wind up spending a major chunk of what you made on gear repair, so its a no win situation.

Please, give some of us, who play the game without cheating, a chance?at least let us have the boxes drop maybe a quarter or third of the time?

Expenses of game is still higher and higher. They try to eliminate every possible way to earn coins. I wouldn't surprise if they remove coins drops from regular mobs. They are willing to do anything to stop gathering in-game coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So, about the Fairy Boxes, it turns out that this was an intended change after all. The developers have made this change to Twilight Temple to protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game.

They've stated that it may be reverted in the future, but for now they would like to evaluate the situation, and we'll definitely let you know if there indeed is any future change to this.

Thank you for your patience during the time it took for us to get to the bottom of this.

the situation sucks
    reading through threads and looking at polls, its clear 90%+ of those here feel it sucks
    it hard enough to find something to do on this game thats fun and can make a few coins, why **** up one of the few things that works ?

either tweak the mat drops, or give us something besides those **** pstones
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I'd say just completely get rid of pstone drops. They're next to worthless and it sucks having them take up any spot on the loot table.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

You are free to do as you wish.

Do not expect the game to change to accommodate you, however.
    Even a level 1 faction has enough room for plenty of active people to run dungeons together, this is a strong hint that PW is an MMORPG (multi-player being a key part of that concept).

It's also quite possible to find a few other small, family like factions to merge with, this is how many of the large factions formed to begin with. If you are resistant to this idea, take a step back and ask yourself why.
    Are you really attached to your guild name/icon? Do you have enemies in other factions? Do you generally dislike/distrust new people? Do you enjoy swimming upstream (playing an MMO in solo-mode fits this description)? Is it just easier to complain and nay-say than act positively to improve your experience?

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just really wondering why some people are so against large factions. When I started playing years ago, I thought I hated the big TW'ing "cash shopper" factions. Then I met some of their members over time, and took time to think about why I believed my small faction (maybe 10 people online at a time, max, when it was at it's peak, and all levels from 20-80 at the time) was so much better.

I realized a few things:
    -Big factions are made of people just like small factions, there's a couple heavy cashers and a couple arrogant punks in ever group, maybe more in a big faction, but only because there are more people, there are many wonderful people as well.
    -The game was designed to be played by large groups, if you want to actually find stuff to do, you'll need more than a handful of friends (this also helps avoid the highest levels in faction from feeling used by the lowers, which will happen eventually no matter how kind of people they are).
    -Small factions can't TW, sure you can bid and go in and die, but that's not TW, it's like your office softball team thinking they are even capable of playing a game with a major league baseball team (competition is what makes it fun after all).
    -Joining a big faction with the friends I did everything with anyway didn't stop me from doing thing with my friends, we just have an easier time filling holes in our squads and we get to do more and different stuff.

/rant

;tldr- big factions aren't the devil, and small factions aren't as utopian as some people claim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

We knew all that, but with the advent of twitchy characters and their ability to farm just about everything in this game alone, it barely affects the influx of mirages, now they just have to multiclient to get people in to open the doors rather than open it alone.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We knew all that, but with the advent of twitchy characters and their ability to farm just about everything in this game alone, it barely affects the influx of mirages, now they just have to multiclient to get people in to open the doors rather than open it alone.

Yeah... kinda hard to take PWE seriously when they know there's more abuse in farming from 5aps players than normal players farming mirages... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    Ediger - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Stupid
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Um ya we KNOW it was intended, the SP **** was "intended" too wasnt' it? Tell the devs to stop **** with us. u put somethign in the game we like and take it away is just going to make us WANT to find another game. I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about it now, and i wasnt' before. As for the rest.... look at the quote below.... put the damn boxes back in..... >.<
    the situation sucks
    reading through threads and looking at polls, its clear 90%+ of those here feel it sucks
    it hard enough to find something to do on this game thats fun and can make a few coins, why **** up one of the few things that works ?

^ what she said.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^ and what she said
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Damn that sucks!!! So what, there's like an overabundance of mirages? I think not...yes they're also a reward for bh100 and yes you can also get them from those card thingies at RT, but....you can never have enough mirages, especially since refining nowadays sucks! I love mirages as a bh100 reward and would hate to see it go, but I'd rather have it back in solo TT's to make those actually worth doing, otherwise you might as well just take solo TT's out. Also if your refining is where you want it on your chars for the time being, selling mirages off was a good way to earn cash. I don't see how mirages were out of balance, they were selling for like 10k or so...

But, now here's an inbalance, have a look at the gold prices....you don't see them doing anything about that....

Bring fairy boxes back to solo TT's, keep mirages as bh100 reward and rather take them out of those card thingie exchanges at RT (I'm sorry I don't remember what they are called) and just make it subs and chips, cuz subs are wanted nowadays because because they are no longer bh100 rewards (although i've been taking mirages lately because I have 0.....and I can't do anything about it).b:surrender
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Biatch_ - Harshlands
    Biatch_ - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:pleasedcant believe people are still playing this game.........now the fairy boxes aswellb:shutup so glad i stop playing this money sucker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanx Jean for the siggib:kiss
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Who is talking about 3-1? It doesn't change the fact that we were getting P-Stones as drops on bosses before we even got fairy boxes. And neither of those items being hadded had any effect on the drop rate of the mats, which is what you do TT runs for after all, TT mats.

Subs are cheap and easy to get. If you have time you can farm the mats even. Repairs are minimal with good gear and a well balanced squad that knows how to play in a squad.

Luck is always a factor, no matter what you run. But with mat drops at 3% in solo and 11% in squad, the only reason you shouldn't be able to make money is because you spend too much in pots and repairs. (Which can be pretty common with a random squad that isn't familiar with squad tactics. Something that is more and more common lately.)

I personally don't do solo mode TTs, but you do realise most of the mats that drop there hardly sell at all, usually around 100k each if you're lucky in the higher modes. So this basically made solo mode TT rather useless.

I understand you're not affected by this change and thus don't care about it, but for some people it was just a daily task to grab some money for daily expenses. You can basically have the solo TT done before you gather a group of people to run party mode with, get them all to the dungeon and actually start.

Just because it's an MMORPG doesn't mean you should do everything with a party. There's plenty of instances where you need a party already, why make the ones that don't useless. There are situations where you know you'll be going afk a lot, and in those cases you don't wanna have to be in a party.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

So "poor" players. QQ and QQQ about boxes.

May be because of this I saw many threads like TT Fairy Boxes(Limit Removal):
    Remove the limit of opening 6 a day and decrese quantity to something like 3? I have like hundreds of fairy boxes that i have to wait day after day to only open 6 a day. Seriously.

OR

Fairy boxes evilness... :

I once said they were a good idea in another post, but now, really...I see how bad they can be.. They do have their usefulness, no doubt. But to open 6 per day only ?

OR

Fairy Box ****:
    So i have seen about 2 threads about these so far and i guess you can say its my time to QQ. i just wanna say these fairy boxes are straight up BS. Im not a cash shopper and dont have anywhere near r8+12 or any of that **** soloing TT was my way of evening the playing field for me, i get 2 days off of work a week and on those day i like to spend alil coin to make me some ultimate subs and spend the day soloing tt's. today i made me enough subs to run 10 TTs(normally making a decent 2-3m for my mats and only spend about 1m) after doing my 10 runs i walked away with 500k in mats and about 70 of these stupid boxes only able to open 6(yay 36stupid mirages) this is **** man i didnt even make enough money for what i spent to make the subs so basically all i did was waste a whole day of my life, now come on guys i understand yall dont want ppl like me(soloers) to flood the market with mirages so just take the damn things away. go back to having the bosses drop 1-3mirages id be happy with that cuz damn this is just BS

And then players wander: "Why Fairy Boxes had been removed ?".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]