Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Options

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Although the desperate to see something positive in PWI's last public fiscal report have latched on to a single line about extending the longevity of the game, PWI's actions in this last patch tell a different story.

That story is that they most likely see the end coming and have dug in to make as much fast cash that they can in the window of remaining time. One of the biggest MMO franchises in the world is set to release this Christmas. Another top shelf title is expected to go gold within months of that. I am convinced that I and many players I have heard comment on this will checking those alternatives out and may very well leave PWI for them.

We hit 80 recently, and once you hit 80 you hit a brick wall. Leveling via BH and quests or grinding is so slow it may take years to get to 100. So what happens. Two things. From my observation a great many players call it quits at that point. The other remaning players cough up money for Zen to sell for gold to pay for power leveling and gear.
    I just grind and w/e.. buy hypers.. FF (NORMAL RUNS). course the ten bucks a month i "charge" kinda helps...
    If you work for a living, at the average wage, it makes more sense for to buy gear via zen than grind for it. Even with the fairy boxes, one could not make more in one hour of farming than one could buy with one hours wages.

Up to level 80 I was able to outfit my character with decent gear for a modest expense of cash, but to get decent gear from level 80 on is just beyond what I am prepared to pay. I could afford it, but it simply is not worth it to me. I can amuse myself without the burn rate.

So I am just biding my time for a certain new MMO to come out that promises to NOT sell power in the cash shop. PWI has jumped the shark and decided to grab all the cash it can before the doors close.

You can see it in many ways, Arch is getting less and less populated. The number of TWs keeps shrinking. The largest and best factions are having to compete heavily for the shrinking pool of new players who stick around to level 80+.

I am not a economics or game theory phd, but i can tell when PWI is purposely doing everything it can to squeeze every last penny out of the few cash rich suckers it still has, rather than balancing the economy so that farmers can at least support their main beyond level 80.

what are these gaming coming out u mentioned? lol PM me if u want but from what i've seen lately they dont' care anymore if u mention other games rofl
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just a shot in the dark... probably the game with G, W, and 2 in the name. ;)

As for the topic of fairy boxes and how I feel about their removal...

I'm a little confused about why solo mode even exists.

Saying the drop rates are **** is an understatement and we can't even kill all the bosses. The fairy boxes were one of the few reasons we had left to even bother with solo mode. Now they are gone. Instead of nerfing solo mode more and more, why not remove it and call it a day? b:avoid
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    Yulande - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I heard it was nerfed on dragoon exp... but 200 while hypered.. in a 6-person squad of lv.100's? Sheesh, overkill a bit? I doubt it would get over 500 in a same level, hardly touching much more than 2k if you could solo one while hypered. That, if Im not mistaken, is roughly 3-4%... at least a 95% reduction 90% at the least. And since this is on all of the Glacix Dragoons, even people doing a full honest run with hyper are gipped at the last leg of it.

And mathematically, solo is no longer viable, even with gold drops and grabbing the chests. Average of 20 skulls a run, 12 dq, and maybe 2 green. 50-90k for a solo 2-1, and depending on the price of the subs... 11-35k, thats a very small margin of profit. If you can find good sales at cats, or merch. Sure, a gold will pay for almost all your runs with luck, but banking on luck when rates are lower now, and no boxes to boost the profit... yeah... Thats before repairs and pots, or your healing drug of choice.

Not to mention that you can only get a few pieces if any in solo to begin with, and maybe a third of what you need, since you dont have all the bosses, for any TT gear your after. Solo was the quick way for people who dont have alot of time, that work, have school, and other things eating into their time. Sure, they like dedicated players, achievments alone prove that. But do you hve to punish people that cant be on as often? Cant be on long enough to make it to the end of those squad TT, or Delta, or some of the others? *armcrossed* Nice effort to please your big spenders, how about those contemplating it?

When I go to a new restaurant, or play a new game, I find the item or class that seems the most unusual, like a hambuger at a mexican restaurant. And then see how much effort they put into it, same with the class, I see how far I can go in free play, and how well I can weild the class. And all I see is less and less effort in apeasing potential spenders and free players, and more in those big spenders. Please, do NOT fall into this trap, you keep up doing things like this, and you will kill the game. The last two MMO Ive played, the host for them did this, and now both games are gone. It may be early, might be paranoia on my part, but Im seeing a lack of effort in fixing known problems, or shoddy retoolings, and quick fixes. You can only put so many temporary fixes on something before it breaks, how many more will you chance with this game devs? Mods? PWI? Whomever this applies too.

My last bit of advice for PWI, sure, major MMO are coming out now. But I ask you, who wins out more? Someone who has had 3 years, and kept a semi-solid foundation up til now? Or a new shiney that hasnt even put its feet on the ground yet? That is if anyone from PWI even bothers to read this thread again.

Everyone have fun, and enjoy the game!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so... any word back from China yet Frankie?
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Although the desperate to see something positive in PWI's last public fiscal report have latched on to a single line about extending the longevity of the game, PWI's actions in this last patch tell a different story.

That story is that they most likely see the end coming and have dug in to make as much fast cash that they can in the window of remaining time. One of the biggest MMO franchises in the world is set to release this Christmas. Another top shelf title is expected to go gold within months of that. I am convinced that I and many players I have heard comment on this will checking those alternatives out and may very well leave PWI for them.

We hit 80 recently, and once you hit 80 you hit a brick wall. Leveling via BH and quests or grinding is so slow it may take years to get to 100. So what happens. Two things. From my observation a great many players call it quits at that point. The other remaning players cough up money for Zen to sell for gold to pay for power leveling and gear.

If you work for a living, at the average wage, it makes more sense for to buy gear via zen than grind for it. Even with the fairy boxes, one could not make more in one hour of farming than one could buy with one hours wages.

Up to level 80 I was able to outfit my character with decent gear for a modest expense of cash, but to get decent gear from level 80 on is just beyond what I am prepared to pay. I could afford it, but it simply is not worth it to me. I can amuse myself without the burn rate.

So I am just biding my time for a certain new MMO to come out that promises to NOT sell power in the cash shop. PWI has jumped the shark and decided to grab all the cash it can before the doors close.

You can see it in many ways, Arch is getting less and less populated. The number of TWs keeps shrinking. The largest and best factions are having to compete heavily for the shrinking pool of new players who stick around to level 80+.

I am not a economics or game theory phd, but i can tell when PWI is purposely doing everything it can to squeeze every last penny out of the few cash rich suckers it still has, rather than balancing the economy so that farmers can at least support their main beyond level 80.

Say what?!?! I really wish PW could just for 1 week or even just 2 days or so, make the game as it was 2 years ago...seriously...you WORKED for your levels back then, nothing was easy, and know what? I miss that. Back then from your so-called dead lv80 brick wall...we had to grind to level, there was no bh's and stuff like that...heck back then there wasn't even autopath or a quest log....it is so easy to level these days. My char from level 80's I did a few FF's with hypers, levelled so fast, on top of that I did WQ (stopped that after lv100) and CS and quests and grinded
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Say what?!?! I really wish PW could just for 1 week or even just 2 days or so, make the game as it was 2 years ago...seriously...you WORKED for your levels back then, nothing was easy, and know what? I miss that. Back then from your so-called dead lv80 brick wall...we had to grind to level, there was no bh's and stuff like that...heck back then there wasn't even autopath or a quest log....it is so easy to level these days. My char from level 80's I did a few FF's with hypers, levelled so fast, on top of that I did WQ (stopped that after lv100) and CS and quests and grinded

Then what is the problem ?

I do same after 80 as well without all above FF, FC, WQ, etc.

Everyone play as he/she want.

Someone pay, someone play.

Someone use buggs or glitches to write level 105 for their characters, someone (like me) not.

Edit:
    I had not used Fairy Boxes and don't want do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Then what is the problem ?

I do same after 80 as well without all above FF, FC, WQ, etc.

Everyone play as he/she want.

Someone pay, someone play.

Someone use buggs or glitches to write level 105 for their characters, someone (like me) not.

No problem, just saying that I wish the people who say things like so hard to level after 80....could experience what we used to have to work with. Back then it was so much harder. Levelling these days is soooo easy even without glitches.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No problem, just saying that I wish the people who say things like so hard to level after 80....could experience what we used to have to work with. Back then it was so much harder. Levelling these days is soooo easy even without glitches.
    Ok, ok.

I just posted my thoughts.

Must admit, that I am not in hurry to level and can stay at one level few times longer than other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So any word yet Frankie?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    its very simple:

Please put them back.

Thank you.

I point you to this page:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1220801&page=5

Start at the orange post.

now that you're back, How u feel about it? the only real way to make coin that they gave us, and they took it away. Ya, i can sit on my *** ALL DAY and grind mobs EVERY DAY in a 2X and make.... 1/4 of what i would be getting averaging (in 3-1 at least solo mode) 10 boxes a run in TT during 2X, 10 runs a day. that's 100 boxes a day, and u still have time to go outside and have a life. rofl

Now they took that away. Like i said in the other thread i had JSUT got a alt to 70. Seriously PW? This would break your pockets that much leaving them in? ya a MONTH long 2X, 100 boxes a day, minus the cost of U subs I'd make somewhere around 160 mil, in SIX MONTHS after BOTH toons opened all the boxes....... And with the prices of **** on here that's STILL not a whole lot..... And how often do u even do 2X, hell that month long 2X was the first month long one i seen.... usually lately it's been rare, and only a week long, if not just a weekend. .....

Just make it more obvious u dont' care about people that cant' charge more then ten bucks a month...... hell i'm pissed.... between this and the dragoon nerf...... I'm sorry but the devs are freaking morons if they can't just make Cyclo w/e, the Jail Boss just NOT POP ANY DRAGOONS. Not like their more then a nuisance anyway.

Edit: can a mod edit the title plz........ i misspelled removing....... >.< lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Frankie? b:avoid
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    B> Update here as well, even though this issue doesn't affect me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *bump*
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Typical Frankie response lol
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Give us back our boxes pls b:angry
  • Kreslin - Dreamweaver
    Kreslin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Give us back boxes please! >:)

Personally I don't have much time for game and fairy boxes was very good for me. I'm not playing every day. When i needed money, i did 1-3 runs to gain this boxes. Now, with my online, and without fairy boxes, it really hard for me to get money.

100 bh you say? Yeah, right! Bh's taking more time then run in solo TT and price is random. You can gain 50 mirages or this *** emblem with exp and spirit and ect. So 100 bh is not an option. Oh, and don't forget that you must gather/find party first, which also, takes some time.

Yes i'm barb and you can say, that i'm not that guy, who must complain.
    But real life is much more important.
    I play so rarely, so TT (squad mode) farming, for me is not an option.
    BH 100 is not an option either, so is Nirvana key selling/collecting.
    So i'm not satisfied at all.

That's a thing. If you want to earn money, you have to play often and spending 2-4 hours or pay real money.
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I really hope they bring them back. It was the most successful way of me making some in-game coin. I don't have time to sit and grind for 10+ hours, which is why I enjoyed being able to do some solo runs! Even though I have charged Zen before, I don't like doing it seeing as I have college expenses and bills to pay.

So please, PWE...

Give us back the Fairy Boxes!!!!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    doesnt really bother me that the fairy boxes are removed from solo mode. it seems a little unfair that no mirages drop at all though, they could have just reduced the drop rate instead of completely removing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Kreslin - Dreamweaver
    Kreslin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It bother people like me. =(
  • Cylene - Harshlands
    Cylene - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We want fairy boxes back !! *bump*
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol frankie alive over there? You could AT LEAST say u haven't heard back from china yet...... or something
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    umm I did a bunch of 2.2 and 2.3 runs and got more boxes than I know what to do with.

They haven't been removed.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ya, in squad mode..... we know this. good for u that u have people on all the time (or w/e) u can do fast squad modes.

Some people.. me included, only spam solo mode (and only in 2X since u dont' get jack **** otherwise) rather then bug the **** outta people 24/7 to keep opening TT (get the mats u need from solo, and the leftover mats help pay for the squad mode mats u need)....... o ya did i mention doing 10 solo runs a day stilll left time for a LIFE? squad mode takes forever (alone that is rofl) let alone even trying to do ten a day in a 2X. But wait.... fairy boxes are gone so i guess i'll spam TT for my mats i need and stop since i'll barely get jack **** for the extra mats.......

Fairy boxes actualy let me get my sin a Seal of Eternal ring and a few other things. Hell it was going to help pay for his nirv daggers..... now? Basically PW just bent us over like a 2 cent.......... ya u get the point.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    umm I did a bunch of 2.2 and 2.3 runs and got more boxes than I know what to do with.

They haven't been removed.

i know it would be a pain to read all the posts, but just perusing quickly, you would see its a solo mode issue, and people are upset because solo mode is no longer profitable anymore
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So basically, from what I gather here is that we want to have a spammable instance to run solo mode for people who don't have time to farm TT squad?
    Fine, fair enough. Bring them back and limit solo to 2 runs per day, per account. This would give you enough boxes for a couple days worth of opening as income. Running solo mode before it was ever touched and altered back in the old 'glory days' would still never have garnered you 36 mirages a day, let alone 72 if you take a mule.

Have the time to run more than 2 or farm 100 boxes a day? Then you have time for squad mode runs.
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hell I am willing to Solo Squad mode but I dont like to bother ppl all the time to help me open TT's(HH's).
    To solve this is simple:
    Ppl will solo Squad mode., So why not make it more like FC where you only need 2 ppl to open the instance?
    I just dont understand why take income out of the game when we all know there is a ecconomic problem in PWI as it is now. Just more catoring to high lvl's it seams to me.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So basically, from what I gather here is that we want to have a spammable instance to run solo mode for people who don't have time to farm TT squad?
    Fine, fair enough. Bring them back and limit solo to 2 runs per day, per account. This would give you enough boxes for a couple days worth of opening as income. Running solo mode before it was ever touched and altered back in the old 'glory days' would still never have garnered you 36 mirages a day, let alone 72 if you take a mule.

Have the time to run more than 2 or farm 100 boxes a day? Then you have time for squad mode runs.

Ya it didnt' give u as much without the boxes... but at least it HAD some..... not only did they take away the boxes they slapped us again by putting in worthless P stones rofl >.<
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i have no issue with limiting the boxes you can get, or reverting back to single mirage drops

as was said, anything is better then pstones
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    danilco wrote: »
    To solve this is simple:
    Ppl will solo Squad mode., So why not make it more like FC where you only need 2 ppl to open the instance?
    I like this idea too.
  • Cylene - Harshlands
    Cylene - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well its always stupid to change sth what was good. Since TT mats are almost nothing worth, ppl were farming fairy boxes to make cash. So i would say make it like in the past. We know its not always easy to get squad /at least not scammer one/ to farm TT, so why do u guys take the chance for all ppl to farm their cash?