Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Comments

• Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you are going to pull mirage drop rewards from players 60 to 99 you need to remove mirage rewards for players 100+. Be it drop rewards for tt or rewards for bh. If you take one out you better pull them both or the reasoning behind removal is false. Also if having so many in game is the problem pull them from the weapon token rewards and rest of the tb chain quest as well. Make it so the only possible way to farm mirages is be combining fragments received from the solo/one man army quest.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you are going to pull mirage drop rewards from players 60 to 99 you need to remove mirage rewards for players 100+. Be it drop rewards for tt or rewards for bh. If you take one out you better pull them both or the reasoning behind removal is false. Also if having so many in game is the problem pull them from the weapon token rewards and rest of the tb chain quest as well. Make it so the only possible way to farm mirages is be combining fragments received from the solo/one man army quest.

Let me explain it to you.

Players have hundreds even thousands Fairy boxes now.

I have not (and had not) even one, but this is not matter.

They have possibility to open their Fairy boxes without additional accounts 6 per day.

If someone has 1000 of them (about 14 days of farm for player from last quote), then it will be 1000/6=166 days.

Now about quests' rewards ... until Fairy boxes price of Mirages was more than NPC price as I remember.

Since those price dependent from demand and proposition, then we can see what is the cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flourish - Momaganon
    Flourish - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well ty Frankie for getting to the bottom of it.

It sucks to be a mid level toon with no high level toon to fund leveling it. It will make it very hard for mid level players to afford things at a time when they need it most and when leveling starts to become that bit tougher. Lets hope the game still has plenty on offer to keep them coming back to play for those without high level toons.

This game assumes that everyone have a 100+ charachter when they don't. More content to make money for higher levels (BH rewards 5m) and less ways to make money for mid to low levels. This is also going to have a massive impact on the new EU servers where the player base is sparse and mainly mid level. I can't see there being much growth on those now either.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So, about the Fairy Boxes, it turns out that this was an intended change after all. The developers have made this change to Twilight Temple to protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game.

If this truely is the case, then why weren't the fairy boxes removed from squad mode as well?

Switch this around for us, then. Remove them from squad mode, where the drops are better, and put them back in solo mode to make up for the rarity of drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If this truely is the case, then why weren't the fairy boxes removed from squad mode as well?

Switch this around for us, then. Remove them from squad mode, where the drops are better, and put them back in solo mode to make up for the rarity of drops.

Exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011

^ What she said. This just smells of more b.s. to me.... serious donkey b.s. lol The people that have time to form squads and spam TT squad mode (or have ..... say a 100+ sin and a alt cleric that can "duo" it themselves [and btw i'm still reading about people that use 3 alts AND their main to open TT..... kinda unfair to those of us that follow the rules but that's another story]) can still get a **** ton of boxes so Frankie... I'm sorry but you're full of shet.

That didnt' even dawn on me till now but ya, if that's the reason they took them out they should've taken them out of ALL MODES. As it is .... it basically just seems like "**** u poorer people that can't play all the time, whip out your CC's cause there's not much else we're going to let ya do to make decent coin." ...... ya.... pretty much...
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well like i said in another thread, it will be like SP, once they get tired of us QQing, they will promise it back and then we get it 2-4 months later. I would like them back >.>.... and id like to see a mod/gm comment on the frigging thread
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I used 3 accounts/day to open boxes mostly so i could BUY TOKENS which come from PACKS...keeping the free players happy with Fairy Boxes also helps keep the heavier cash shoppers happy.

Bring em back (i'm not asking).
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well like i said in another thread, it will be like SP, once they get tired of us QQing, they will promise it back and then we get it 2-4 months later. I would like them back >.>.... and id like to see a mod/gm comment on the frigging thread

Frankie's posted twice in case you hadnt' noticed. But still...
    mogwai wrote: »
    I used 3 accounts/day to open boxes mostly so i could BUY TOKENS which come from PACKS...keeping the free players happy with Fairy Boxes also helps keep the heavier cash shoppers happy.

Bring em back (i'm not asking).

At least you're smart enough to post on a faceless alt.. unless you just changed your avatar to post with the faceless one. Way to admit to logging on more then two toons at once.

Edit: wait... i guess you coulda logged two diff alts inside TT back and forth...
  • mogwai
    edited November 2011
    Frankie's posted twice in case you hadnt' noticed. But still...

At least you're smart enough to post on a faceless alt.. unless you just changed your avatar to post with the faceless one. Way to admit to logging on more then two toons at once.

Edit: wait... i guess you coulda logged two diff alts inside TT back and forth...

this IS my face..its the one i've used since day 1 thanks. i got toons on 4 servers..noob
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So, about the Fairy Boxes, it turns out that this was an intended change after all. The developers have made this change to Twilight Temple to protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game.

They've stated that it may be reverted in the future, but for now they would like to evaluate the situation, and we'll definitely let you know if there indeed is any future change to this.

Thank you for your patience during the time it took for us to get to the bottom of this.

Well, at least theres no patronising bear-smileys..

But really. Removing fairy boxes from Solo Mode TT is not going to affect the majority of box farmers (aps peoples) in the slightest. They'll merely go do squadmode with their twitchy friends. A fantastic suggestion, as someone suggested earlier, is to take out boxes from squadmode and reimplement them into solo mode to make up for the crappy mat drops.

Also, the Chinese devs just change random shet without telling you? You seriously have to e-mail/phone/whatever them just to figure out what the hell they did/why they did it?

Wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    this IS my face..its the one i've used since day 1 thanks. i got toons on 4 servers..noob

LOL that's funny, a noob callin someone else a noob b:avoid
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    But really. Removing fairy boxes from Solo Mode TT is not going to affect the majority of box farmers (aps peoples) in the slightest. They'll merely go do squadmode with their twitchy friends. A fantastic suggestion, as someone suggested earlier, is to take out boxes from squadmode and reimplement them into solo mode to make up for the crappy mat drops.

The irony here is that the aps people who spam TT don't even go for the boxes. They farm gold mats or expensive greens. Boxes are just a little pocket money for them.

The people who got the bad side of this change are the non aps people and the pre 100 ones. For them, fairy boxes in solo mode have been a good income to finance their future gears and skills.

I agree with the fact that they should revert it, remove boxes from squad mode and give them back in solo mode. Solo mode is worthless now. You get maybe 2 greens max per run, and in some runs, the greens pretty much have npc value.
    I get free subs per day from being a caster above 100 but still, I'm not running solo mode. It's simply not worth my time without boxes. I get more out of using that time to run BH or even grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • mogwai
    edited November 2011
    LOL that's funny, a noob callin someone else a noob b:avoid

yea, originally (for the first 6 months or so), the blank avi's could not be changed. Many of us use them & know of each other by them.

'course if you are the original owner of that account you'd know that. (Hello World!
    Complete your first quest.
    Oct 13, 2008).............still 3 months my junior. Peeved at not getting 3 yr anni stuff?

seen another one of your creative posts as well here , (Chadric), why ppl switch avi's just to make a troll post i'll never understand.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i've been watching this thread grow longer and longer, but has anyone seen signs that PWE is going to do anything about this issue? i havent....and i doubt they will.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i've been watching this thread grow longer and longer, but has anyone seen signs that PWE is going to do anything about this issue? i havent....and i doubt they will.b:sad

Well, as Frankie pointed out, this was an intended change made by China.

....However, so was the SP issue. Maybe if everyone who wrote letters about SP wrote letters about this they would give the boxes back? Say, an Easter present (cuz I'm sure we wouldn't see any change before then, at the rate they get things done)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    yea, originally (for the first 6 months or so), the blank avi's could not be changed. Many of us use them & know of each other by them.

'course if you are the original owner of that account you'd know that. (Hello World!
    Complete your first quest.
    Oct 13, 2008).............still 3 months my junior. Peeved at not getting 3 yr anni stuff?

seen another one of your creative posts as well here , (Chadric), why ppl switch avi's just to make a troll post i'll never understand.

Seriously? who the hell are you? lmao i don't give a rat's *** if i got my 3 yr anni **** or not. And I'm not chadric. In fact since i have everyone blocked from seeing my core connect **** you dont' know one way or the other so.... And how's it a troll post when someone's pointing out an error then showing the correct info so the person asking doesn't get confused by some idiot that dont' have a clue. At least that's what i'm getting from looking at that.

And of course i'm the original owner you dolt..... did u look at when i started posting at the forums? which is what you SHOUDL"VE looked at if you've been here so long you should know that those dates are different. I didnt' use the stupid forums for a longtime..... go away ya stupid noob. b:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And I'm not chadric ya moron. In fact since i have everyone blocked from seeing my core connect **** you dont' know one way or the other so...

And that's why clicking on both your avatar and Chadrics leads to the exact same core profile. lol You know, you might be able to block the contents of your core to a part, but itwill still lead to the same account name x'D
    Somehow I had a feeling. Two hateful and insulting posters so similar? No way :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Why is this still open?

I'm half surprised frankie didn't close it after his response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011

And that's why clicking on both your avatar and Chadrics leads to the exact same core profile. lol You know, you might be able to block the contents of your core to a part, but itwill still lead to the same account name x'D
    Somehow I had a feeling. Two hateful and insulting posters so similar? No way :p

LOL guess the jig's up..... but that aside... rest of that still stands.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well, as Frankie pointed out, this was an intended change made by China.

....However, so was the SP issue. Maybe if everyone who wrote letters about SP wrote letters about this they would give the boxes back? Say, an Easter present (cuz I'm sure we wouldn't see any change before then, at the rate they get things done)?

Rubber banding was also a intended change by china as a form of anti speed\jump **** (finally admitted to being the reason for it around this time last year by the way) back when they did the age of spirits expansion. All the complaints in the world have not gotten them to fix that either so I don't see this getting a revert.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ya i just LOVE rubberbanding 500 feet BACK to a mob i'm trying to holy path away from in a dungeon ............. >.< *cough* *sarcasm* seriously, frankie these devs are morons.

*hope ya didnt' forget how blunt i can be* lol
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    *bump* bring them back, bring them back, bring them back, bring them back, bring them back, bring them back.... blah blah blah
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Fairy Boxes....

oh Fairy boxes...

how high are the chances,

to see them again?

no boxes, no copses,

they were still so cherry,

now we can bury,

them forever instead...

... oh all you dear players,

remember with your prayers,

the fairy turned into bloody mary,

so dont dare you to call her again b:chuckle
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Squittles - Harshlands
    Squittles - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LOL what did you guys do before they even had fairy boxes in solo or squad? Sit and play with yourself to make money or what?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    um, grinded our *** off during 2X for like 10 hours a day..... charge 10 bucks a month...... other then that... not much. mobs drops are nerfed to *****.... TT drops dont' sell for **** and i dont' have time to spam it with squad after squad for drops that actually sell for SOMETHIGN decent (but then it's split between 6 people)....... u know..... why repeat myself? READ THE THREAD.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LOL what did you guys do before they even had fairy boxes in solo or squad? Sit and play with yourself to make money or what?

The street corner was lonely...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Actually drops got nerfed. so before fiary boxes and BEFORE nerfed drops, farming was ok. guess what they nerfed them to reduce money EVERYONE was making. I dont think 3/4 of the people posting in this thread have played for longer then a year , if they had they would realize that things have been messed up for awhile. alot of us OLDER players saw fairy bioxes as a make up for general drops getting nerfed. Do I care one way or another about fairy boxes? not really. I do care that frankie has a job somehow still after all this and they cant figure out how to fix ****. its like they are blind and trying to play pin the tail on the donkey. but that donkey is in another country.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I sat and played w/ myself while i watched my characters sit in catshop and make me money, that count?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WTB my blasted boxes back.

Grinding coin as a wizard sucks, cleric sucks and I detest selling FC on my Sin.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.