Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Comments

• Gankster - Raging Tide
    Gankster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No update post as yet from frankieraye or anyone else from PWE.

Because of the seriousness of this, I would hope for an update today. At the very least, a holding statement....

want a pillow with that dream? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the longer this takes, the less likely it can be fixed

....PWI fixes things? b:puzzled
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • isntdupe12
    isntdupe12 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    as i said its already fixed, if i were they i d double check the DQ points,Token shop and the change reward page. ijs
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    isntdupe12 wrote: »
    as i said its already fixed, if i were they i d double check the DQ points,Token shop and the change reward page. ijs

I commend you, sir. Or at least, if not you, then all of those who have followed in your footsteps or helped to make them possible. This game needed to die, and you and yours have accomplished that in the most subtlest way possible. You made the game free.
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    we having another game iz dead thread?

b:victory yea this one imma post in so i can be cool :D
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011

unfortunately, this one is actually pretty legitimate
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    Gankster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how is this a game is dead thread? if u read its about so called *Dupe ***** yadda yadda, and obviously yes some people are statin it can die, which stands correct, i mean, im sure it will, wdf is the point of playin pwi if u can just dupe items? i said this twice ill say it again, ive seen mmo's sink into a hole and die off and get shut down permanently, this isnt a game is dead thread, its a reality check.b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow pretty fail PWI move they can't even blame china for.
    Maybe they should double check their DQPoints page for the same vulnerability.
    might be the real reason medal of glory was taken out, instead.of the BS answer they gave us about people making them tradeable.

I'm starting to think asterelle is your main
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    unfortunately, this one is actually pretty legitimate

i remeber somone saying almost teh exact same thing like 3-4 times on this forum, 99,99999% of all ppl will be too stupid not to get caught duping items (if they ever find out how lolz).
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011

Game is alive and it's free to play. Gear is dupeable, coin is free, cash is useless, content is lacking, no player to dev exchange.

By all means, the game is very much alive, in so far as it exists. If I'm saying the game is dead, I'm saying that the form in which it existed 6 months ago is completely lost.

I mean, if you can actually give me a response to this, please, do. Or don't, and go back to farming for coin to buy duped items. Or go back to pk'ing against Clerics / Venos and Wiz's with gold **** Warsouls. If that is fun to you, which it may very well be, then play on my wayward son, play on.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i remeber somone saying almost teh exact same thing like 3-4 times on this forum, 99,99999% of all ppl will be too stupid not to get caught duping items (if they ever find out how lolz).

its nothing to do with getting caught, its that duping can destroy a games economy far worse then packs sales ever did

it has killed games before, and without a strong GM response, which we have yet to see, i worry about the effect it will have here
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Need I say more ? It's like that faction's 4th or 5th warsoulb:shocked
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/ws222.png/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isntdupe12
    edited September 2011
    no, i said it on another post that is deleted now.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    its nothing to do with getting caught, its that duping can destroy a games economy far worse then packs sales ever did

it has killed games before, and without a strong GM response, which we have yet to see, i worry about the effect it will have here

You know what this means. It means the game is done for. A game like Perfect World can't exist if it becomes free to play. The most attractive thing about the game is being able to say, in any sort of way, that "I have this item, and you do not" or "I can do this, and you cannot". This was first determined by skill or time played, then it came down to how much money was spent, and now, there is no need for either.

I can start this game today and have as much coin you have accumulated over 3 years in a few hours and spend zero dollars.

Although this thread is not called "Game is dead"... let's be real. That is exactly what this thread means.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    no, i said it on another post that is deleted now.

In theory though, people could have done this from dq page and sent MoG right? Thus would certainley make more sense to why it was taken out, and the blatant lie/deception fits the PWE train of thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Need I say more ? It's like that faction's 4th or 5th warsoulb:shocked
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/ws222.png/

I'd suggest that faction needs looking into. Perhaps someone from Archosaur submit a ticket regarding it? with supporting screenshots of the characters and Warsoul weapons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    might be the real reason medal of glory was taken out, instead.of the BS answer they gave us about people making them tradeable.

Nah she would never cheat... *points at level* b:chuckle
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    I'd suggest that faction needs looking into. Perhaps someone from Archosaur submit a ticket regarding it? with supporting screenshots of the characters and Warsoul weapons?

Warsouls got dirt cheap with rank sale. I'm not surprised in the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isntdupe12
    edited September 2011

no, their answer about the medals were true.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I'm starting to think no one ever reads my posts, or no one can actually reply to them.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm starting to think no one ever reads my posts, or no one can actually reply to them.

l2flame better bro
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    imagined everythings was free, or at least they gave us a legit shot at earning the good items, but say everyone has equal geres,or somewhat equal? and then we would have even tws/arena(if turned on)/cube. unless they randomly insert and divide the r9s into diff guilds to even out the playing field for all tw/pvp guilds then let the hackers do there productivity, the game wont suffer over it cause the mass numbers that will come back to this game if everyone has somewhat equal gere will generate plenty enough electricity to pay the bills. let the hackers spread there genius and hope you learn the dupe.
    as far as pve well, pve sux on all mmos and mmorpgs so i suggest playing a good 360 or ps3 game for that monster killing urge,graphix sux,reward sux and u sux if u dont agree with me x.x
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    Kariae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011

i see you :o
    anyway, this is pretty scary o.o' hope for a roll back. good old days again :'D
    i really hope game doesn't die x.x
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Game is alive and it's free to play. Gear is dupeable, coin is free, cash is useless, content is lacking, no player to dev exchange.

By all means, the game is very much alive, in so far as it exists. If I'm saying the game is dead, I'm saying that the form in which it existed 6 months ago is completely lost.

I mean, if you can actually give me a response to this, please, do. Or don't, and go back to farming for coin to buy duped items. Or go back to pk'ing against Clerics / Venos and Wiz's with gold **** Warsouls. If that is fun to you, which it may very well be, then play on my wayward son, play on.

lol arent you the guy that had such a hard time quitting pwi?

okeeeee.........do you relly think i was 100% serious when i typed that? you sure sound like it.

sure if this is your way of free game then go for it, it have always been free for me.

and i never said anyone said the game is dead lol, i asked if this is one of those thread cuz it sure startin to sound like one, having seen thse pop up ever so often in the last year.

and at the last part i just say lol, proves how little you know me.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    l2flame better bro

Sorry if I limit my flames to rational thinking, and that said reasoning is considered flaming.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    lol arent you the guy that had such a hard time quitting pwi?

okeeeee.........do you relly think i was 100% serious when i typed that? you sure sound like it.

sure if this is your way of free game then go for it, it have always been free for me.

and i never said anyone said the game is dead lol, i asked if this is one of those thread cuz it sure startin to sound like one, having seen thse pop up ever so often in the last year.

and at the last part i just say lol, proves how little you know me.

Lol, who gives a **** if I know you. But I still don't see any part of this post that replies to what I posted.

Do you have a reason for still playing given all recent changes?
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    no, their answer about the medals were true.

Partially true you mean. That was no reason to remove them unless illegitimate medals were sent to mailboxes via this kind of exploit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Partially true you mean. That was no reason to remove them unless illegitimate medals were sent to mailboxes via this kind of exploit.

The medal exploit involved taking a tradable medal (from cash shop) and an untradable medal (from DQ points). If you stack them in the correct order, all medals become tradable.

Thus, the exploit is the ability to remove the "untradable" status from DQ medals.

It had nothing to do with duplication of medals.
  • isntdupe12
    edited September 2011
    they removed them because they were going to sell them in the cash shop, is like farm 20k points or buy them...

but when they realized that u could make them tradeable and sell them... who was going to charge money if they could farm it in 1 day/buy dq's/buy them from another player?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Yes, I have done that, I hope ppl from Arch send in their tickets with SS of more warsoul weaps too, I only had the one. If they have nothing to hide, then by all means, the GMs looking into things couldn't hurt, me thinks ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.