Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Comments

• Gankster - Raging Tide
    Gankster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    and for your so called issue, the real issue still stands as to why i posted this thread, i hoped maybe lookin at my pic of this wierd glitch may be useful to GMs, not to people askin questions about external blah blah blah and askin me about it. it happened after i purchased these items, i thouqht it was wierd, so i screenshotted it. i have no clue in the world as to why it happened but it did. once more, hope it helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sometimes rollbacks are unavoidable. there not gonna do it tho cuz they havent rollbacked any of the 105s that glitched goons -.-
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    if called for a *rollback* that means they lost server data, or stuff has happened where a rollback is the last choice they would use. meaning stuff that mass effects a server. seen it happen, it sucks but yes, totally unavoidable if needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    2 things,

1. In the last week or so claims for dupeing have been made on Arch server...coincidence?

2. Putting a dozen items in the AH for 200mils would be a great way for a GM to implement an instant coin sink.

Could #1 & 2 be related..a lead-in so to speak?

<-- paranoid skitz, conspiracy theorist.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    think of it as you lost data on your computer, and you have to back up your computer to the last known good configuration. kinda like that but not really but kinda? lol b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I gotta agree, a rollback isn't necessary in this case. A lot of people don't even know how to go about doing it. The problem is still relatively isolated. If PWI reacts quickly and permanently bans all the people doing it, taking away all the items, etc then it shouldn't be a reason for a rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    back about dupe **** tho, Endless Online suffered severely from a coin dupe, and a year later the mmo sank into a hole and was later removed permanently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh ps btw ganster-your skill bar is a mess
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    I gotta agree, a rollback isn't necessary in this case. A lot of people don't even know how to go about doing it. The problem is still relatively isolated. If PWI reacts quickly and permanently bans all the people doing it, taking away all the items, etc then it shouldn't be a reason for a rollback.

yea i dont see a rollback bein the answer, just a brainstorm type idea. i vote yes to what you say thouqh. ban ban ban ban ban!!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Didnt bother reading every post, but gonna post this anyway found it from a certain forums

no dupe **** *lol*
    a gold seller website was **** and they used the account names/passworts on pwi, to rip the account items...maybe on other pw versions too.
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Oh ps btw ganster-your skill bar is a mess

everyones skill bars are different :P mine is perfect for me. lotta empty spaces on it, but thats cuz i ran out of some apoth pots and stuff, its usually all filled up. and perfect for me b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    back about dupe **** tho, Endless Online suffered severely from a coin dupe, and a year later the mmo sank into a hole and was later removed permanently.

this happened in another game called flyff. there was a coin (penya in that game) dupe **** back in 2006 and the economy for the server it happened in NEVER recovered. but everyone learned to deal with it over the years. if a coin dupe happens in PWI then the game will never be the same. expect 1bill to be the new 1mill if that were to happen for the remainder of the games existance.

btw this dupe hasnt happened in HT yet.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the most funny part - when a GM and Mod claim those are LU&D from **** accounts...

do you guys know what that means? PWI GMs and support SUCK !! now we know when mr A hacks B acc - he doesnt lose those **** items... PWE probably just restores B acc and that means if the B had for example 2x LU&D now there will be 4 LU&D - 2 **** from B acc and 2 restored by the support..... this whole ble ble ble about tracing transactions between acc B and B via logs etc is a BS!

frankie just OWNED himself/herself and whole supportb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    as far as confirmation, i do beleive RT and harshlands, and maybe sanctuary are effected by it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    not 100% yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anubis - Dreamweaver
    Anubis - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mogwai wrote: »
    2 things,

1. In the last week or so claims for dupeing have been made on Arch server...coincidence?

2. Putting a dozen items in the AH for 200mils would be a great way for a GM to implement an instant coin sink.

Could #1 & 2 be related..a lead-in so to speak?

<-- paranoid skitz, conspiracy theorist.

intresting b:question
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To those in favor of a rollback:

Do you really want to lose all the progress you made over the past week or so because of the actions of a handful of people? I know I don't. Not only do you lose the experience/spirit you gained, you also lose all those lucky trades you might have made... all the rare material drops that you might have obtained for a piece of armor you were dying to get... everything you obtained or achieved during that period of time will be gone.

A rollback going back that far would be the one thing that would turn me from a rational, logical person into an expletive-spewing rage quitter. As someone who walks around with 20+ guardian scrolls for the sole point of ensuring no exp loss, I would be infuriated if I lost all the exp I've been working for just because some other people decided to be rule breaking ******** (fill in your favorite expletive here). b:angry

Rollbacks are unnecessary. Learn what the word "ban" actually means (hint: it's not 3 days) and break out the hammer. Then, use that hammer on the guilty parties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Could it be that this is an AH dupe exploit? It lets you put the same object into the AH several times? b:question

That would explain why it is being use that way instead of just duping 10m notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow this is so interesting , rly wonder how this gonna turn out anyone remmebers that gold glich during valentine event 2 years ago ? or something like that gm shut down servers for a day or so it was so fun

grabs popcorn

b:pleased

yes, it was on Friday the 13th as well
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Could it be that this is an AH dupe exploit? It lets you put the same object into the AH several times? b:question

That would explain why it is being use that way instead of just duping 10m notes.

Test it aster :o
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011

As with all unfounded rumors, you can assume it to be true until proven otherwise.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would take that bet. No way this many people would liquidate APS classes on a nerf thats coming, when? Who even knows. A few months at least.
    If anything, people would maximize the use of their APS classes now to build up other classes, ESPECIALLY it being 2x currently.

You're right. Quite a few of my friends who have aps chars (and have put a great deal of $ into them) are farming like little hellions so they can reroll to r9 mag classes for pvp/TW.

One of them in particular has a very good attitude about it. He looks at it in this way : "I bought r9 on one char and I can now farm r9 for another. So I just got 2 r9 for the price of 1."

Of course, most people wont plan ahead and will be blindsided when the nerf actually comes around. I can already hear the bishing begin.
  • Einlanzer - Dreamweaver
    Einlanzer - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    O.o could it be true? The Turkish players have finally managed to once again do what they do best...dupe items. If you've played Knightonlineworld or KO, you know what i'm talking about. I'm not being racist and all btw :)
  • oralungo
    oralungo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    10++ LUnD in AH ? idk.. only stupid ppl sell it by putting on AH.. coz the tax n limited price.. or ppl that really rich.. n the last he/she get it from not normal way so its doenst matter.. b:laugh

with all i can think.. its glicth or dupe ****.. **** account ? nah mr frankrie.. u n the other will see alot world chat crying about loosing gear.. n why only in those 2 server.. coz sum1 really stupid in those 2 server make it clear by do it on LUnD.. the other.. they smart enough to dupe on other item/gear.. b:angry

mybe its time to left the game... wkowkwowkowkwokw.. i mean.. if its really true.. its like wat i work n spent.. money n time.. is nothing.. wat !!! im jealous.. ofc im.. wkkwkwkwwkwkw..

ok tellme how do it bfore i left this gameb:chuckle
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hope duping items becomes legal so everyone can compete in tw or guildly wars of some sort/outdoor pvp, yeah lets make it it easy to get refine orbs to hope we can dupe refine orbs be so nice since we cant work for them
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My god... this game have tons of hackers. Accounts getting **** everyday. now this. what next? never seen a game who suffer from hackers so hard. from hackers and GMs.
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    pve aint rewarding enough so let the duping begin and the pvp be revived !
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My god... this game have tons of hackers. Accounts getting **** everyday. now this. what next? never seen a game who suffer from hackers so hard. from hackers and GMs.

Yeah? : )
    How about "MU Online"? One of the mothers of all this (way back when, like 7 years ago)...
    The game was eventually FULL of "itens barato" hackers-pkillers (oh BTW... "itens barato" have a bunch of warsoul weapons on PWI servers these days already; they definitely got skill...)
    The game totally ended when one of the most top-notch geared players got totally ****, loggin on one day to find his toon h'absolutely stripped. So most of the community just left the game all together shortly after, being truly "touched" by the GMs' care about the game.
    Since 2008
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    I love it when people pull statistics out of thin air and then try to use them to justify their own conclusions. b:cold

Keep in mind that A) you don't know the real percentage, B) some people have unbound ones for sale, C) stolen gold (and coins turned into gold) can be used to buy packs, which can produce more L:UaDs.

Is this a troll post? Or are you required by contract to agree to everything frankie said?

A) It was an exaggeration. Should I have said 99.6412%? It's a PvP server, most people have their 400 mil tome bound.

B) If there happened to be over 10 people with unbounded LUAD, and they all got **** and their tome appeared in AH, you'd think we'd hear about all the LUAD being lost. It's not something you just go "meh" and shrug it off. You'd tell your friends, rage about it in wc/gc.

C) Like I said, I've opened around 8000 packs so far and haven't gotten a SoT. Even with Anni pack's 0.01% drop rate, statistically, you'll need to open 100,000 Anni packs to get 10 SoT. Not only that's a lot of opening for relatively short amount of time, because it's only happened recently (if they have been opening and getting SoT for a long time, why sell all now?). That's also 30,000 gold worth of packs even with the recent 15 gold for 50 deal. If someone bought that many gold through the AH, I'd notice. If they had enough coins or gold to be worth 30,000 gold total, why spend it on packs, why not just spend those directly on their own stuff instead of gamble?

Please, I know you are a mod and all, but think for yourself. b:bye
This discussion has been closed.