Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Options

Comments

• Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The medal exploit involved taking a tradable medal (from cash shop) and an untradable medal (from DQ points). If you stack them in the correct order, all medals become tradable.

Thus, the exploit is the ability to remove the "untradable" status from DQ medals.

It had nothing to do with duplication of medals.

You should read my whole post. As well as the MoG thread. There was no reason to remove them because of the nontradeable thing, you could have sold the dq point equivalent with the same effect and not broken any rules. The ONLY reason it should have been removed, was if people spawned medals with a dupe like this, THEN made them tradeable. Use common sense please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You should read my whole post. As well as the MoG thread. There was no reason to remove them because of the nontradeable thing, you could have sold the dq point equivalent with the same effect and not broken any rules. The ONLY reason it should have been removed, was if people spawned medals with a dupe like this, THEN made them tradeable. Use common sense please

Are you seriously stating that because the company did something you found illogical, they must have a more logical but hidden motive?
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are you seriously stating that because the company did something you found illogical, they must have a more logical but hidden motive?
    They always have a hidden motive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isntdupe12
    isntdupe12 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Epros no,there isnt and wasnt a way to get free dq points, and u needed dq points to get the medals.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    isntdupe12 wrote: »
    Epros no,there isnt and wasnt a way to get free dq points, and u needed dq points to get the medals.

Thank you for the logical explanation. Just for the sake of arguement though, how do you know you can't generate free dq points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol, who gives a **** if I know you. But I still don't see any part of this post that replies to what I posted.

Do you have a reason for still playing given all recent changes?

if you dun give a ** then why....nvm

the game is alive yes...is the game feeling well? im not so sure, but it still "lives" no point in arguing there.

but why i posted that in the first place is cuz ppl always think game is goin to "die" here soon as something bad happens, so i simply asked if this goin to be another one of those threads.

and yes i have many reasons for still playing, and should i one day not feel like i enjoy this game i will move on, simple as that.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Warsouls got dirt cheap with rank sale. I'm not surprised in the least.

actually it was and still is cheaper to buy & refine R9 than buy a Warsoul wep, and only 3 of the weps actually out-damage their r9 counterparts
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you for the logical explanation. Just for the sake of arguement though, how do you know you can't generate free dq points?

If you want to keep your sanity you should assume that things with no evidence of existing simply don't exist. That's how I know there aren't flying blue zebras sleeping in my house when I'm not there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i see you :o
    anyway, this is pretty scary o.o' hope for a roll back. good old days again :'D
    i really hope game doesn't die x.x

No. No rollbacks. **** that. Players who did nothing wrong do not deserve to lose their progression due to this ****, not to mention the complications involved for people who charged zen during this time.

The banhammer needs to come out and be used heavily against the people who did this. That means permaban, not any of the usual 3 day slap on the wrist ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you want to keep your sanity you should assume that things with no evidence of existing simply don't exist. That's how I know there aren't flying blue zebras sleeping in my house when I'm not there.

True enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if you dun give a ** then why....nvm

the game is alive yes...is the game feeling well? im not so sure, but it still "lives" no point in arguing there.

but why i posted that in the first place is cuz ppl always think game is goin to "die" here soon as something bad happens, so i simply asked if this goin to be another one of those threads.

and yes i have many reasons for still playing, and should i one day not feel like i enjoy this game i will move on, simple as that.

So you're okay with the fact that in three hours I can make as much coin as you can in three years? Obtain better gear in three hours than you could in three years?... and I don't have to spend 1$?
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    Kariae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    to be honest, the only people that should be really concerned about losing a lot of "progress" are people that didn't really work all that hard for what they got. i see your point about cash shoppers though. they might actually bring the hammer down on these people, considering that they aren't crazy hardcore cash shoppers. in fact they're costing pwii cash shopper dollars. so i don't think a 3 day feather is likely. then again, i doubt much will be done for a long while. probably months. if anything is ever done.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Did someone expose a duping glitch or something earlier?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Did someone expose a duping glitch or something earlier?

yar they did Knownie
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So you're okay with the fact that in three hours I can make as much coin as you can in three years? Obtain better gear in three hours than you could in three years?... and I don't have to spend 1$?

well yes, i dun give **** if you cheat or whatever, get gear a million times better than me, or have skills far better than mine, i play to fulfill my own achievements, ofc should i one day want to be teh best at something sure that would be a diff story but im not that kind of guy. I play to make make myself proud and get that feeling like i accomplished something, even if its "nothin special" to others.

if cheating makes teh game better for anyone fine do it, should the game shut down from too many ppl doing it, well at least i can remeber my time in this game with pride knowing i only did what i felt like in my way and that i enjoyed every bit of it.
  • isntdupe12
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol screenshot or it never happened.
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol screenshot or it never happened.
    lol you posted it xD
  • isntdupe12
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol Xd

but it was true ?
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol you posted it xD

and I want him to do it again b:avoid

jk....maybe?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • isntdupe12
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this is my first time trolling
    damn im goodddd
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all, the player in question from the original Auctioneer screen shots has been taken care of, though I can't get into specifics due to account privacy policies.

From the investigation it has been concluded that, as has thus far been the case throughout the history of PWI, there is no dupe.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this is my first time trolling
    damn im goodddd

don't get too cocky now, it may lead to your downfall
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no dupe.. really

i hope to hell your not Bsing us here...
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all, the player in question from the original Auctioneer screen shots has been taken care of, though I can't get into specifics due to account privacy policies.

From the investigation it has been concluded that, as has thus far been the case throughout the history of PWI, there is no dupe.
    TY for the update.
    Without violating these 'privacy policies' can you, however, elaborate on what 'taken care of' means?
    I think the community would like to know if this was perma IP ban, or at least something more than a 3-day ban.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

i assume there are blue zebras flying around my house when im not there, because there is not evidence that they are not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitohe - Raging Tide
    Hitohe - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Riiiiight. I guess the LU&D Fairy paid him a visit and left him a bunch...
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Riiiiight. I guess the LU&D Fairy paid him a visit and left him a bunch...

now now, that's frankie's assessment. There is no dupe ppl. All praise the gods.

*sarcasm
    Now I'mma go sell my 10 LUADs, I'll have 10 more for whoever is interested tomorrow. I swear I'm not duping.
    /sarcasm
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Someone already said it. Some gold seller site got **** and the hacker got the username/password and got lucky with some of them. I don't know if it's true or not but that seemed more probable than having a dupe ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i assume there are blue zebras flying around my house when im not there, because there is not evidence that they are not.

Yours are blue? mine have always been violet, with red stained teeth from all the a gnomes they kill that live in the garden
    I <3 A lot of people
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yours are blue? mine have always been violet, with red stained teeth from all the a gnomes they kill that live in the garden

I like my orange ones. They match the pink elephants.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
This discussion has been closed.