Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Options

Comments

• Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can we get a STICKY pls.
    This is the best thread ever in PW forums and just shows were the game is heading.
    Let's votefor a STICKY !!!
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So... how much do you owe me from that bet frankie? I'll take a LUaD and we'll call it even?

I LOL'ed really hard, thanks. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can we get a STICKY pls.

"Vat do you vant fgom me? I haven't made a sticky in two days!" ( c ) You Don't Mess With The Zohan.
    Since 2008
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yea but why are we only seein the rarest item in pwi only bein sold? im sure if ppls accounts were ****, we would randomly see like a +12 nirvana chest bein sold, or pan qus, or very nice warsouls bein sold, or mounts ect ect. why just a larqe amount of Love:?

Maybe cause those items got player name on them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • Magina_AM - Lost City
    Magina_AM - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hope the GMs gonna do something about this or the servers 'll be ruined
    but i need to say something

1- About the people saying every item got ID to trace down and stuff
    b:shutup
    i don't think someone was smart enough to dupe would dupe the item itself and not the mats of it.. so the item wont have same ID

2- About the people saying its because the accounts been **** and they are selling the other players items.
    how come i didn't see anyone QQing in the WC about his tome being stolen and stuff.. and since when people don't bind that tome?!!!

3- i don't think they can find the duper (if there is one) but i believe they should try to find if there is way to dupe and fix it as soon as they can
    b:bye
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can we get a STICKY pls.
    This is the best thread ever in PW forums and just shows were the game is heading.

+1.

PPL need to know what's happening, this can't go to lower depths.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Too late! Thread already got reduced by like a page from removal of his posts. So long isntdupe...something....
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If someone will post working guide how to dupe and GM will just without official response delete posts it wil be the end of this game. b:bye
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If someone will post working guide how to dupe and GM will just without official response delete posts it wil be the end of this game. b:bye

THE GUY JUST GAVE YOU THE MEANS TO ELABORATE ON HIS DUPING METHOD. What more could you possibly ask for ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

the end of perfect world... who cares...
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Too late! Thread already got reduced by like a page from removal of his posts. So long isntdupe...something....

Yeah, their posts have been deleted but not their posts quoted by other players.

None of the quoted posts contain their method of getting items though thankfully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nemy6
    nemy6 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    how did you get the item ID numbers anyways? The premis here simple enough and getting character ID is easy and well known, but i've never noticed anything similar with getting item ID so it makes me curious.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    nemy6 wrote: »
    how did you get the item ID numbers anyways? The premis here simple enough and getting character ID is easy and well known, but i've never noticed anything similar with getting item ID so it makes me curious.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/17684

Not hard to find item IDs :o

And yes, those are the correct IDs, I use it to find IDs to spawn mobs when im bored on my server :3
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    Gankster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so this is it isnt it? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so this is it isnt it? b:shocked

Probably. Was a fun ride, til about a year ago. This is just that last lead bar on the camels back :)
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Heh, All good things come to a end.b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    shut down pwi, and re-credit me my money i cashshopped with, hah! like that would happen b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    shut down pwi, and re-credit me my money i cashshopped with, hah! like that would happen b:sad

lolumad ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow pretty fail PWI move they can't even blame china for.
    Maybe they should double check their DQPoints page for the same vulnerability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lolumad ?

not at all lol b:chuckle it was a joke, relax sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    has franky commented since last night ?
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    has franky commented since last night ?

no, he blamed it on ppl hackin accounts, as u already know, i remember u on my thread, i beleive u seen his one and only post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no, he blamed it on ppl hackin accounts, as u already know, i remember u on my thread, i beleive u seen his one and only post.

yeah, i saw that part.... was hoping someone knocked some sense into him

despite what people are saying, some major games have survived big duping scandals

but hell, if the gm's dont even acknowledge it happened, not a chance in hell it can get fixed
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    If it's determined that the player came across the tomes by sub-legal methods, then any benefit will be lost from the sale of those tomes. They can track character trades, so even if the coins are sent/traded to another character, they can find the person and take care of it.b:thanks

Somewhat related... so you can track character trades and will ban those who duped? I couldn't agree more b:victory

Now go on and do the same to all those who glitched goons too, after all, cheating is cheating.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hmm I wonder how many people screenshot/tried this by now.
    Sad me was sleeping when he posted it, and if it does or doesn't work its a great jumping off point for figuring out easier ways....I wish i had that jumping of point
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No update post as yet from frankieraye or anyone else from PWE.

Because of the seriousness of this, I would hope for an update today. At the very least, a holding statement....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Somewhat related... so you can track character trades and will ban those who duped? I couldn't agree more b:victory

Now go on and do the same to all those who glitched goons too, after all, cheating is cheating.

kidding, right?
    what If someone bought the tome then re-sold it?
    will he lose the profit, will he get banned?
    stupid mod idea is stupid, that's now how u stop dupes.They don't even have any idea how to stop the **** flying around, and some mod tries to go into details how tracing will work?
    what a joke.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No update post as yet from frankieraye or anyone else from PWE.

Because of the seriousness of this, I would hope for an update today. At the very least, a holding statement....

yeah, lol, good luck with that
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kidding, right?
    what If someone bought the tome then re-sold it?
    will he lose the profit, will he get banned?
    stupid mod idea is stupid, that's now how u stop dupes.They don't even have any idea how to stop the **** flying around, and some mod tries to go into details how tracing will work?
    what a joke.

the question is, can you track each item and all the hands it went though, and reverse everything, without futzing things up

what if someone paid 200m coin, and now has 5 mill in his hand.. now hei s over the gold limit, what do you do

the longer this takes, the less likely it can be fixed
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you can of course trace the whole life of an item.
    but it's not feasible. 1 item they can trace forever. Hundreds of items that change thousands of hands? No way, will take weeks/months to trace everything and properly analyze who's a cheater and who's just a trader in the chain.
    And that's just on one server.
    And another thing to keep in mind: this is not happening only in the last week. Dupe/hacks to get the 10 mil tokens were used almost 1 year ago.
    They have like what, 8 servers now? roflmao, they barely have the personnel to run them/moderate the forum. Such a backtrace for dupe will take a huge number of man hour put into it.
    I'm actually reading/posting in this topic with a smile on my face. After 3 years of **** a loyal player base, karma came back and bite them in the rear.
    Oh, if I could just grab beer and popcorn and sit on a couch to watch this unfold ... what a joy.
This discussion has been closed.