Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Comments

• Hitohe - Raging Tide
    Hitohe - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Someone already said it. Some gold seller site got **** and the hacker got the username/password and got lucky with some of them. I don't know if it's true or not but that seemed more probable than having a dupe ****.

Why would somebody go through the trouble of hacking the gold site, then root through tons of accounts in search for LU&Ds, and THEN sell them all at once on several different servers?

Some random glitch that can be used to dupe items seems much more likey, especially considering the overall amount of stuff thats wrong with this game lol
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This still seems server restricted as of now, haven't seen anything on sanctuary other than a few people who've caught wind of this bs'ing that they've got tons of tomes to sell.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The 'hacker' already said it was just a javascript injection vulnerability in the facebook blessing page. That's why you should always validate client-provided data on the server.

Really this is a very basic security flaw that is pretty embarassing for PWI's web team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all, the player in question from the original Auctioneer screen shots has been taken care of, though I can't get into specifics due to account privacy policies.

From the investigation it has been concluded that, as has thus far been the case throughout the history of PWI, there is no dupe.

If the web page exploit is the actual cause, then technically FrankieRaye's post is accurate, in the regards that nothing is actually being duplicated.
    If you want to keep your sanity you should assume that things with no evidence of existing simply don't exist. That's how I know there aren't flying blue zebras sleeping in my house when I'm not there.

Those are either albatrosses or swifts.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Double post, sorry.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    TY for the update.
    Without violating these 'privacy policies' can you, however, elaborate on what 'taken care of' means?
    I think the community would like to know if this was perma IP ban, or at least something more than a 3-day ban.

3-day bans are for minor offenses.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why would somebody go through the trouble of hacking the gold site, then root through tons of accounts in search for LU&Ds, and THEN sell them all at once on several different servers?

Some random glitch that can be used to dupe items seems much more likey, especially considering the overall amount of stuff thats wrong with this game lol

because it might not just be one person? Maybe those "hackers" exists on several different servers. Why sell them all at once? I don't know. It doesn't make sense if they are duped or **** from others to sell them off all at once so that doesn't support your claim that they're more likely duped.

What is considered a minor offense? What about major offenses? How will you deal with them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    Gankster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Frankie, in regards to my screenshots i originally posted, are u statin u gave the person a 3 day Ban for makin 2bill coins in 2 hours from sellin x10 Love:? or your sayin this is more than a minor offense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Frankie, in regards to my screenshots i originally posted, are u statin u gave the person a 3 day Ban for makin 2bill coins in 2 hours from sellin x10 Love:? or your sayin this is more than a minor offense?

i read it as 3 day bans are for minor offenses, not for something like this
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    also Frankie,

It seems were just looping in a continuous circle here, you keep stating that accounts were ****? so ppl only picked and chose acounts with Love: up and downs on them? and sold them for 200mill in auctionhouse, and noone has been complainin about, "omfg my acount was ****!!!!, but wierd. Only my tome is missing?" this doesnt make sense, but as it stands now im no longer putting money into this game nor playing it, for the unfair purpose of a exploited dupe ****, im sure its out there, and you know if it is, perfect world with be just another game with no serious reaction to serious problems, and it will hit rock bottom.

I understand your trying to ease our minds, but lets be serious Frankie, were not all 10 years old and beleive in toothfairy's anymore. I along with many others demand a proper explenation because i know something is sitting behind a closed door. at least let us peak in, or open the damn thing and let us know completely.

Gank,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    also Frankie,

It seems were just looping in a continuous circle here, you keep stating that accounts were ****? so ppl only picked and chose acounts with Love: up and downs on them? and sold them for 200mill in auctionhouse, and noone has been complainin about, "omfg my acount was ****!!!!, but wierd. Only my tome is missing?" this doesnt make sense, but as it stands now im no longer putting money into this game nor playing it, for the unfair purpose of a exploited dupe ****, im sure its out there, and you know if it is, perfect world with be just another game with no serious reaction to serious problems, and it will hit rock bottom.

I understand your trying to ease our minds, but lets be serious Frankie, were not all 10 years old and beleive in toothfairy's anymore. I along with many others demand a proper explenation because i know something is sitting behind a closed door. at least let us peak in, or open the damn thing and let us know completely.

Gank,

im only trying to open your mind up a little... but when i was **** i didnt come complain on forums- i only told a few people in game and submitted a ticket. so there possibly could have been hacks we dont know about- forums population is like 10% of the game population. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    im only trying to open your mind up a little... but when i was **** i didnt come complain on forums- i only told a few people in game and submitted a ticket. so there possibly could have been hacks we dont know about- forums population is like 10% of the game population. b:surrender

i dunno about you, but if my 400mill tome went missin, even if u farmed the cash for it, or cash shopped 400$ for it, im sure u would be a little pissed off, take it to WC or perhaps forums, i know i would, not just submit a ticket....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i read it as 3 day bans are for minor offenses, not for something like this

So, glitching dragoons to 105 is a minor offense. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    also Frankie,

I understand your trying to ease our minds, but lets be serious Frankie, were not all 10 years old and beleive in toothfairy's anymore. I along with many others demand a proper explenation because i know something is sitting behind a closed door. at least let us peak in, or open the damn thing and let us know completly.

Gank,

As alluded to by Elenacostel's post, the wording of frankieraye's reply was vague as to the cause of what's been happening:
    Hey all, the player in question from the original Auctioneer screen shots has been taken care of, though I can't get into specifics due to account privacy policies.

From the investigation it has been concluded that, as has thus far been the case throughout the history of PWI, there is no dupe.

If no item duplication has been occurring and no one has been complaining that their property has gone missing / account has been **** in large quantities, it certainly leaves open the possibility of items being created out of thin air through other means.

Hopefully, if it is indeed some other fashion, perhaps as Elenacostel and others have suggested that this method will be fixed now.

Otherwise, we'll have repeat after repeat of this knocking confidence in the game more than pack or reputation sales ever could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011

LOL! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    As alluded to by Elenacostel's post, the wording of frankieraye's reply was vague as to the cause of what's been happening:

If no item duplication has been occurring and no one has been complaining that their property has gone missing / account has been **** in large quantities, it certainly leaves open the possibility of items being created out of thin air through other means.

Hopefully, if it is indeed some other fashion, perhaps as Elenacostel and others have suggested that this method will be fixed now.

Otherwise, we'll have repeat after repeat of this knocking confidence in the game more than pack or reputation sales ever could.

well put b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i dunno about you, but if my 400mill tome went missin, even if u farmed the cash for it, or cash shopped 400$ for it, im sure u would be a little pissed off, take it to WC or perhaps forums, i know i would, not just submit a ticket....

no i wouldnt lol there are a lot of people who wouldnt xD was i mad? yes... did i QQ? yes... but there is no reason to make it public.

anyways... im not gonna argue on the subject- just trying to offer up something to think about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The 'hacker' already said it was just a javascript injection vulnerability in the facebook blessing page. That's why you should always validate client-provided data on the server.

Really this is a very basic security flaw that is pretty embarassing for PWI's web team.

this makes an incredible amount of sense. DQ page programing clowns.
    at least it isnt duping in a strict sense. and this hole should be pretty easy to plug, while duping would take much much more work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LOL, the problems with this game are so far over the heads of the idiots that are supposed to track and solve them.

Watching the goose chase is more fun now than actually playing the game.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011

We're not finished taking down fc glitch exploiters, but that's a whole other story. Not trying to de-rail the thread. Or am I... jk
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We're not finished taking down fc glitch exploiters, but that's a whole other story. Not trying to de-rail the thread. Or am I... jk

I always wondered why there were so many trolls in PWI. I think I figured it out now. The PWE staff and forum personnel are trolls themselves.
  • BaybBeeDoll - Heavens Tear
    BaybBeeDoll - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Define "taking down"?
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Also y'know,

When i started this games 3 years ago, there was of coarse new stuff i havent yet experience in previous mmo's, it started with the "omg that dude cashshopped/farmed rank for his sweet items!", made me want to work towards them! expecially since my old main was a 100 archer, i wanted the rank 8 bow so bad, it seemed like somethin nice to work towards, oh and also TWs you could have fun with friends and faction mates, while makin a little bit of money for the faction while doing so. Then all the sudden rank 8 was on sale for 72$, and TW pay was reduced to mirage stones. It had a hard effect on pwi for many people, but meh' whatever everyone kinda jumped that speedbump and moved on. Then there was Dorbs+10 on sale which was again minor, everyone started loving Dorb sales, which in fact i did aswell. Id say personally the game took a shot to the nuts when rank 9 and for the quick moment +11and +12 orbs were on sale, then i said to myself "holy f*, you can literally get your character to perfect end game right away with your credit card!" it seemed completly unfair because its well infact called "a free mmo" but your exploiting everything in the game that you can work towards, leaving basically nothing else to do in pwi. Then i thought to myself... "omg what is next, uncannies and raptures on sale?, f* this game it seems like a money hungry game which is well infact not worth my time to play at all." I have a different look on pwi, im not so much complaining anymore about cashshopping ect ect. im just letting you know the road my mind took as the game progressed year after year. alot of people that worked hard and for years to even acheive 200,000 rep, was pretty much insulted by pwi sayin" oh here rich idiots, we'll just give u items now for 72$ and put other stuff on sale too :), no need to work for them anymore,". So infact alot of people quit due to all this exploiting game items for real $$$. anyways pwi to me reminds me of a gold selling website, but there doing it to there own game. just think theres really nothing to work towards anymore now, a shame but pwi seems to have no soul purpose anymore for me, and alot of long time players. now what im getting at now that I actually have experienced, is it there is infact a Dupe ****, you can beleive me when i say this, pwi will not survive a blow like that to the game. I hope whatever problems pwi team has come across, that they fix the bigger issues, rather than taking everyones mind off the major problems and leading them to the O button and into the botique, with "new and exiting sales blah blah blah".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011

Frankie.....b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011

And you people are just bashing on this guy ? He does the work he is assigned and still manages throughout the speculations to remain rather calm. He could have just said "ok that's enough, there's no dupe" /thread and he didn't.

I'm not saying we will ever know the truth 100%, beeing a exploit/glitch/dupe/hacks/making items appear out of thin air or whatever but...Listen people, I would like to know who really is greedy here. seeing some posts that actually would like to know how do do "it". Can't you actually play the game and have fun ? Farm your stuff ? If you came here with no time to invest and wanted to go R9, be 105 , have all items right now whitout lifting a finger and continue bashing on gm's in a (at the BASE) a FREE game, why not chose a private server ?

b:surrender
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited September 2011

LOL, finished? From the looks of it no one has even started. Its impossible not to know who many of them were. They were 101-102 at the start of a month and 105 at the end of it.

You are probably a really good person face to face Frankie, but this continual regurgitation of the company line is getting really sad. Either do something and let your actions speak or just say nothing is going to happen and let it go.
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011

taking down, sounds so mean and brutal b:chuckle
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LOL, finished? From the looks of it no one has even started. Its impossible not to know who many of them were. They were 101-102 at the start of a month and 105 at the end of it.

You are probably a really good person face to face Frankie, but this continual regurgitation of the company line is getting really sad. Either do something and let your actions speak or just say nothing is going to happen and let it go.

to be fair to frankie, nobody's name who posts on this forum appears on his paycheck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    to be fair to frankie, nobody's name who posts on this forum appears on his paycheck.

Everybody that put a dollar into this game appears on his paycheck in the form of the dollar amount.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Also y'know,

When i started this games 3 years ago, there was of coarse new stuff i havent yet experience in previous mmo's, it started with the "omg that dude cashshopped/farmed rank for his sweet items!", made me want to work towards them! expecially since my old main was a 100 archer, i wanted the rank 8 bow so bad, it seemed like somethin nice to work towards, oh and also TWs you could have fun with friends and faction mates, while makin a little bit of money for the faction while doing so.

Then all the sudden rank 8 was on sale for 72$, and TW pay was reduced to mirage stones. It had a hard effect on pwi for many people, but meh' whatever everyone kinda jumped that speedbump and moved on.

Then there was Dorbs+10 on sale which was again minor, everyone started loving Dorb sales, which in fact i did aswell.

Id say personally the game took a shot to the nuts when rank 9 and for the quick moment +11and +12 orbs were on sale, then i said to myself "holy f*, you can literally get your character to perfect end game right away with your credit card!".

It seemed completly unfair because its well infact called "a free mmo" but your exploiting everything in the game that you can work towards, leaving basically nothing else to do in pwi.

Then i thought to myself... "omg what is next, uncannies and raptures on sale?, f* this game it seems like a money hungry game which is well infact not worth my time to play at all." I have a different look on pwi, im not so much complaining anymore about cashshopping ect ect.

Im just letting you know the road my mind took as the game progressed year after year. alot of people that worked hard and for years to even acheive 200,000 rep, was pretty much insulted by pwi sayin" oh here rich idiots, we'll just give u items now for 72$ and put other stuff on sale too :), no need to work for them anymore,".

So infact alot of people quit due to all this exploiting game items for real $$$. anyways pwi to me reminds me of a gold selling website, but there doing it to there own game. just think theres really nothing to work towards anymore now, a shame but pwi seems to have no soul purpose anymore for me, and alot of long time players.

Now what im getting at now that I actually have experienced, is it there is infact a Dupe ****, you can beleive me when i say this, pwi will not survive a blow like that to the game. I hope whatever problems pwi team has come across, that they fix the bigger issues, rather than taking everyones mind off the major problems and leading them to the O button and into the botique, with "new and exiting sales blah blah blah".

Fixed it a bit... had a hard time reading that b:cry
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
This discussion has been closed.