What are new clerics doing that is annoying all the old players?

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Was doing bh51 on my veno, 67 at the time, had a small squad of people and my herc was tanking the mobs no problem so no one was taking any real damage. Yet the cleric, lvl 63, used BB all the time. I'd have the herc attack and get argo on all the mobs, no one else taking damage but the herc and the cleric BB's. Make sense to anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Was doing bh51 on my veno, 67 at the time, had a small squad of people and my herc was tanking the mobs no problem so no one was taking any real damage. Yet the cleric, lvl 63, used BB all the time. I'd have the herc attack and get argo on all the mobs, no one else taking damage but the herc and the cleric BB's. Make sense to anyone?

At the mobs, not really, although the cleric may have felt it a good idea in case **** got thrown at the oscillating device, hercs can't always hold aggro, especially if someone decides to hit the mob the herc isn't currently beating on. And what do you mean by "real damage"? Any amount of damage warrants healing. At the bosses (the last two) bb is good because the have aoes.
    b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1) The squad let the herc get argo good before they attacked any of the mobs the herc was going after.

2) They were all smarter than the cleric because they didn't attack a mob the herc wasn't focused on.

3) By real damage I mean no one was taking damage at any point till Rankars aoe.

4) Most low lvl clerics can't hold bb through rankars aoe and low lvl clerics can't surive wvy's aoe and low lvl tanks need purify to survive wvy's debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, it might be partially your fault. If the Mystic is doing a lot of healing and keeping everyone at full health, why wouldn't the Cleric DD?

Just stop healing (as much) and he would have been forced to start healing. If he didn't I would have just let him die or almost die to scare him.

But yeah, I have been in so many random squads where my requests are ignored. I don't know if they just don't understand English or are just bad players.

Perhaps they don't know how to use filters and missed your squad chat. You never know with these Noob, powerleveled chars.

i didnt heal till their hp was like 5-10% and the cler didnt seem to care to heal so i gave my quick heal. but yeah i prolly shoulda let him die but that'd b mean squads mates are supose to suport each other even if u get a crapy one.

On the other side there are mystics that will tell the cleric not to heal. Seriously, my husband plays a lvl 101 cleric and has been asked to help in fcc only to be told that he's not there to heal, just rb all the bosses and bb the xp room and dragons. In other squads he wasnt even there for that much, they just wanted rez with no xp loss.

i would leave squad if they didnt neeed my heal... when i am on my cleric. and rb at bosses? for ff 90+ is just weird it cancel sparks ( unless at heads when noone will spark it is ok). if i was ur husband i'd leave that ff squad and join a tt where u can make money and needed to heal cos that's cleric's job.
  • DrWeevie - Heavens Tear
    DrWeevie - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've been noticing a lot of threads where old time players and other clerics are highly annoyed with new clerics because of how they heal. Something about using AOE-heal? I'm not sure what's going on, can someone please enlighten me?

I dont' use AOE-heal much though. I just want to know what new clerics are doing that's causing the huge hoo-hah. Would be nice to know if I'm making a mistake myself.

As a old school Cleric ( taught by experiance + even older players ) Its clerics that think they are DD's . would rather kill mobs than heal . Another issue lack of them knowing when to purify . Last but not least ( and most inportant ) their lack of properly healing the tank ( IH ) group heal doesnt benifit the tank properly .. Keep tank alive and you avoid squad wipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Powerleveling has created some real NOOBS !! LEARN YOUR TOONS!!! GRIND FOR A CHANGE!!!!!! Earn your lvls ,, enough said
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    As a old school Cleric ( taught by experiance + even older players ) Its clerics that think they are DD's . would rather kill mobs than heal . Another issue lack of them knowing when to purify . Last but not least ( and most inportant ) their lack of properly healing the tank ( IH ) group heal doesnt benifit the tank properly .. Keep tank alive and you avoid squad wipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Powerleveling has created some real NOOBS !! LEARN YOUR TOONS!!! GRIND FOR A CHANGE!!!!!! Earn your lvls ,, enough said

Agree agree agree! (on all of this)

I got some of my best advice in-game from experienced and old players. I still go to my cleric buddies for advice, especially if they're on when I'm faced with something I've never done before.

Sad point about the power-leveled clerics: I saw in World Chat in DW yesterday someone asking for an FCC run for their level 1 cleric.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011

4) Most low lvl clerics can't hold bb through rankars aoe and low lvl clerics can't surive wvy's aoe and low lvl tanks need purify to survive wvy's debuff.

Yeah, that's what I was told AFTER I got done holding BB at Ranker b:chuckle . Don't know why I could hold it when others couldn't, maybe cause no one told me I wasn't suppose to try :)
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i didnt heal till their hp was like 5-10% and the cler didnt seem to care to heal so i gave my quick heal. but yeah i prolly shoulda let him die but that'd b mean squads mates are supose to suport each other even if u get a crapy one.

i would leave squad if they didnt neeed my heal... when i am on my cleric. and rb at bosses? for ff 90+ is just weird it cancel sparks ( unless at heads when noone will spark it is ok). if i was ur husband i'd leave that ff squad and join a tt where u can make money and needed to heal cos that's cleric's job.

Unfortunately he was "helping a friend"

I told him he should have explained how fail they were for demanding rb and then demon sparking.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    4) Most low lvl clerics can't hold bb through rankars aoe
    It's not being low level, Rankar's AOE (the long range, magic one) can interrupt BB.

Memories... being on a mid-50s cleric on an FB51 with another high level (101?) cleric from a major TW faction. On Wyvern, I'm healing and she's DDing, standing right next to me (I should have known better.) In the last seconds she pulls aggro and I start IHing myself (my second mistake, I should have run away... my cleric is low HP, pure mag build but sharded with garnets. She could take an AOE hit from Wyvern, but not a lot of them.) After Wyvern's dead, she gloats about how pro she is, ignoring the dead cleric at her feet... she's just lucky the tabber didn't die due to her "pro"-ness.

Yesterday in Brim on an FB89 on my veno, there was a 101 cleric along who would run ahead (even ahead of the 101 sin who tanked) and DD melee and archer mobs, then heal (mostly herself) with Chromatic Healing Beam. I never saw her use IH or WS once the whole time. I don't remember if it was her or the other (97) cleric who BBed at bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Malvolia - Dreamweaver
    Malvolia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Annoying things that nooblets do:
    1.) ask to be healer in a group when they have been spending SP on attacks rather than heals (means weak heals and party/squad fails)

2.) The opposite of #1, try to be DD when the're clearly specked for heals (as in used SP on heals instead of attacks)

3.) Leroying mobs or cutting ahead...unless your a heavy cleric; stay back and heal.

4.) not buffing. Even if your buffs are all at lvl 1; it's better than no buffs at all

Typical noob stuff I guess, i'm not hating on them by any means since i started playing one myself b:cute(i played another Client before this one) but those are really the only things that bugged me about ppl playing clerics.

OH! and if you don't want to insult clerics: If you're out there questing; don't zigzag all over me or stand on top of me expecting a buff without saying anything. It's just annoying and rude...i'll know what you're trying to do and fly away as a result...as mean as that sounds i'm not rewarding rude people with buffs. I'd like to see more ppl in this game treating others politely... simply saying "buff Please" or something of that nature is not hard to do so please consider it. b:mischievous
    -Thank you
    ouroboros.guildlaunch.com
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Number one and two really only apply to pre-mid 80s clerics, when you should have enough spirit to have all your skills plus 10. I even have completely and utterly useless skills maxed because it would bug me if they weren't when I'm sitting on all this spirit. b:chuckle:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Since the last time I commented on this, I have started a cleric and it has reinforced what I said before. Look at all the clerics that have taken the time in this thread to mention tips and hints that are crucial to being a good cleric or at least not a fail cleric.

This thread demonstrates that the current crop of end game clerics would rather make snarky remarks about new clerics than take the time to pass on some of this knowledge in the form of a well written and organized guide.

Here is a little exercise for you. Go grab all the cleric guides posted here and then go through this thread and see how many of the points laid out here as important cleric skill are covered in these guides. I will save you some time. The answer is very few.

Guides or no guides, I will grant you there are plenty of fail clerics. I am sure no one who posted in this tread EVER made any of these cleric goofs.

I will also grant you that unrequested advice is often spurned by those who need it the most. I just wish some of the skilled end game clerics who had the energy to add things to this tread would take the time to constructively compile some of these points in a guide.
    Just some guy
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Since the last time I commented on this, I have started a cleric and it has reinforced what I said before. Look at all the clerics that have taken the time in this thread to mention tips and hints that are crucial to being a good cleric or at least not a fail cleric.

This thread demonstrates that the current crop of end game clerics would rather make snarky remarks about new clerics than take the time to pass on some of this knowledge in the form of a well written and organized guide.

Here is a little exercise for you. Go grab all the cleric guides posted here and then go through this thread and see how many of the points laid out here as important cleric skill are covered in these guides. I will save you some time. The answer is very few.

Guides or no guides, I will grant you there are plenty of fail clerics. I am sure no one who posted in this tread EVER made any of these cleric goofs.

I will also grant you that unrequested advice is often spurned by those who need it the most. I just wish some of the skilled end game clerics who had the energy to add things to this tread would take the time to constructively compile some of these points in a guide.
    The bulk of my cleric knowledge came from my own experience, not from guides. When I started, all the guides on this forum had terms used from other versions. To this day I still don't know what "Soon the Light" skill is. Couldn't find it anywhere on my skill tree in-game. But it did sound epic. The rest of it comes from pointers from other players. Had to be careful with this though. Sometimes their tips did ultimately work but were not always efficient (for example: ZOMG BB AT FUSHMA SO WE DON'T DIE EVEN THOUGH THE BARB IS HANDLING AGGRO JUST FINE AND IN NO DANGER OF DYING!!oneeleven)

I agree compiling a guide would be useful to some, however, there are many, many things about being a cleric that a guide just cannot cover. A lot of it boils down to knowing the capabilities and limitations of your squad(mates). I forget the name, Sakaboutou or something, said it best about clerics: It's about anticipating what is about to happen next. Something to that effect. And learning how to do that isn't something you can easily detail in some guide.

Good luck to anyone that wants to try though o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I spent 20 mil sp making a genie :D (its half decent, if I remember XD) if you sitting on sp you're sitting on fail.
    PWI b:bye
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if you sitting on sp you're sitting on fail.

Uhm, okay. I have like 150m SP, i have all my demon skills learned, i made like 300-400 genies. What a fail am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I notice you didn't state what the best genie is you made, and if you are still sitting on 150 mil sp then you are still fail. Good players would even if they had a 100/100 luck genie make genies for selling, their faction or friends to improve their chances in everthing. If you cannot understand that then you are fail and/or a ******. A bit like ppl who say omg look at me I have loads of money in my bank, however not being smart enough to know what inflation is.
    PWI b:bye
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Hai b:pleased

I am not an end game cleric just yet. Hell, I just hit 92 and am still learning.

Another thing: I always tell my facmates to check the forums, since (between QQing and "this game is dead") it has some nice information in it. None of them go. I post links on our website and type up "mini guides" that they never read.

Off-topic: Why are we talking about genies in a thread about cleric tips and tricks?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • AzulLapis - Sanctuary
    AzulLapis - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey just my 2 cents worth on the topic,
    Overuse of the AOE heals is detrimental to a bm like me. Especially in situations where mass mob pulls are done like FCC. The reason being that if a pull fails, i.e. everyone draws some aggro, its kinda the bms job to rein them in. All too often, I AOE stun or HF for dmg kills and of course i pull all aggro. If the cleric is caught in that age-long casting/channel time aoe heal, i'm toast. I mean marrow+bp+Heavy armor+Diamond Sutra are nice and all, but if the pulls are tough i need a lil help to get through it :) Furthermore, if I've effectively pulled aggro, then the others arent in great danger of dying as the were before by group scattered aggro. a couple spot heals and i think everyone could be happy. b:victory
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hmm..for some odd reason, i haven't met such clerics who AOE heal all the time when it's not needed and when only one person is getting hit o.o but i've seen many who abuse BB. Sometimes, they will use BB when there are 3+mobs or at a boss since there are usually DDs who want to have aggro wars. I've done it too. But i have seen it a few times from other clerics who BB when there's only a few mobs.b:laugh

^I've seen this constantly when clerics just want to DD(even when there's no mystic or other cleric) and they heal when someone's almost dead and such or fail trying.And dding is like the main reason that they become pure magic-.-. But they end up dying or close to dying constantly and endanger the squad when they refuse to heal. But at least, there are some lvl 90+pure magic clerics who have decent gear to allow them to steal aggro and do a lot of damage while still being able to survive well.

In most parties nowadays there are so many tankers that clerics cannot keep up with the real tanker. all seem I mean by seekers, assassins, and some clerics think they are tankers and will go their seperate ways and hit their own mobs and expect a cleric/mystic to heal try to keep up and heal them all on my cleric if they not a real tanker I let them die and if they die too many times they must go to town not wasting my rez.
  • _Adrianna_D - Harshlands
    _Adrianna_D - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The growing annoyance is not only with clerics, it seems to be a growing problem with all classes. Those who have been around for awhile & have had to take the time to level & get to really know the strengths & weakness of each class get annoyed when faced with all the power levelers who have only played their class for a few weeks at most but seem to think they know everything. They refuse to take advice, they rarely follow orders when in squad & end up getting people killed, then get all upset when the rest of the squad gets pissed. What ever happened to actually taking the time to learn how to play >.>
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    (note: the cleric hadn't buffed anyone yet, but I figured that was because we weren't all inside yet and let it go).

It must just be me then - When I enter an instance as a cleric, I already have 2 Rez scrolls, extra HP/MP Pots (incase Barb forgets), ensure my HP/MP charm are doing well and that everything is repaired and my inventory is clean. Then, I check my genie... ensure it has plenty of food.

The moment everyone is in the group and together - I get their attention and ask them to group for a buff. I ensure the barb buffs first so I can aoe heal.

While we are doing this, I extablish the main and secondary tanker and check everyone's gears to determine whose I might need to toss a heal to quickly. I also check my connection.

I follow the instructions of the tanker as we proceed, and keep an eye out and identify possible issues with some players.

If we are in an area that has mobs that respawn, I mention this at the beginning and say I need the Sin to watch for this and rescue me if this happens. As I run I ensure I have full Chi for any necessary BB's I might need to toss up. If their pace is too fast - I am vocal about it (but not mean).

We all have roles... and need to do our best.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've been noticing a lot of threads where old time players and other clerics are highly annoyed with new clerics because of how they heal. Something about using AOE-heal? I'm not sure what's going on, can someone please enlighten me?

I dont' use AOE-heal much though. I just want to know what new clerics are doing that's causing the huge hoo-hah. Would be nice to know if I'm making a mistake myself.

It depends, up until BH59 the use of Chromatic Healing Aura (aka BB "Blue Bubble") isn't needed.

BH51 Boss Wyvern ___ (Drawing a blank atm) uses a Curse at close range and reduces Def greatly. You need to use IH and Purify in order to defeat it without ... difficulties.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It depends, up until BH59 the use of Chromatic Healing Aura (aka BB "Blue Bubble") isn't needed.

BH51 Boss Wyvern ___ (Drawing a blank atm) uses a Curse at close range and reduces Def greatly. You need to use IH and Purify in order to defeat it without ... difficulties.

It doesn't reduce defense at all, it amplifies damage the same way Heaven's flame does.

Polearm/decaying fragrance are examples of defense reducing bosses.

And with a barb tanking you don't need purify at all, hax0r mystic heals on the way.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My mistake but, yes you do.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It must just be me then - When I enter an instance as a cleric, I already have 2 Rez scrolls, extra HP/MP Pots (incase Barb forgets), ensure my HP/MP charm are doing well and that everything is repaired and my inventory is clean. Then, I check my genie... ensure it has plenty of food.

The moment everyone is in the group and together - I get their attention and ask them to group for a buff. I ensure the barb buffs first so I can aoe heal.

While we are doing this, I extablish the main and secondary tanker and check everyone's gears to determine whose I might need to toss a heal to quickly. I also check my connection.

I follow the instructions of the tanker as we proceed, and keep an eye out and identify possible issues with some players.

If we are in an area that has mobs that respawn, I mention this at the beginning and say I need the Sin to watch for this and rescue me if this happens. As I run I ensure I have full Chi for any necessary BB's I might need to toss up. If their pace is too fast - I am vocal about it (but not mean).

We all have roles... and need to do our best.
    annoying thing is back in the days we didnt even have to explain these things =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _CatGirl_ - Heavens Tear
    _CatGirl_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    omg being a vetereran player, 3+ yrs, and having a lvl 90 cleric lvled the old way. and now lvling a 60+ mystic, i hate these god damn new clerics>.< use ih or wellspring and for gods sake purify D: learn how to heal, and when some1 corrects u and tries to help dont take as insult just take in mind ive played a cleric longer than u xD
    Character-Class-Level-Server-Faction-Activeness

_CatGirl_-Veno-81-HT-N/A-Semi-Active
    AngelOfLies-Cleric-90Sage-HT-N/A-Semi-Active
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-67-HT-N/A-Not active
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-60-HT-N/A-Not active
    SpiralLight-Mystic-3x-HT-N/A-Main
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It doesn't reduce defense at all, it amplifies damage the same way Heaven's flame does.

Polearm/decaying fragrance are examples of defense reducing bosses.

And with a barb tanking you don't need purify at all, hax0r mystic heals on the way.
    I have to agree with Keliska here. The problem with not using purify is that the damage taken increases while the amount of HP recovered remains the same. It becomes a losing battle, especially in BH51 and BH69. The whole "1 step forward, 2 steps back." The only way a barb can tank that way is if they have ridiculously high HP and are charmed, OR the boss dies faster than the barb does. That is not realistic to expect of an at-level squad (lv60ish players in BH51 / lv80ish in BH69).

If your haxor mystic enjoys playing that way with the barb tanking something that can 1-3 shot him at any given time, then more power to them. I prefer the guaranteed approach to fighting it: use purify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voida - Heavens Tear
    Voida - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    In most parties nowadays there are so many tankers that clerics cannot keep up with the real tanker. all seem I mean by seekers, assassins, and some clerics think they are tankers and will go their seperate ways and hit their own mobs and expect a cleric/mystic to heal try to keep up and heal them all on my cleric if they not a real tanker I let them die and if they die too many times they must go to town not wasting my rez.

I agree with half of this.

Yes a lot of squads now seem to think that they can handle everything, BM, Sins, Seekers and even psys/wizs but then end up getting killed or seriously QQ about where there heal was. I follow the tank, if you want to go off and do your own thing don't expect me to follow you.

But saying that you won't res someone because they die too often is just silly. If you're a cleric your res is essential use when someone dies. If you're a mystic, not so much as it should only be cast on the cleric plus the 30 second cooldown is just annoying. Maybe that's another thing new clerics (i'm not saying your a new cleric) do that annoys people? and when you've paid 20m+ for demon res you are going to use it.
  • Voida - Heavens Tear
    Voida - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I agree fully. On my mystic I solo'd healed my first FF at roughly 83 with a barb tank. I found it extremely easy to heal through fragrance debuff with plants, BITC and Salvation shield.
    If your haxor mystic enjoys playing that way with the barb tanking something that can 1-3 shot him at any given time, then more power to them. I prefer the guaranteed approach to fighting it: use purify.

I have also healed a roughly 6k hp BM tank through fragrance also using the same method mentioned above. I have sage BITC now but since its only 25% chance to purify you can't rely on it but still I can honestly say I have never had a tank die with me healing through bosses which debuff. Yeah I find it less work on cleric but where is the fun in doing everything with ease?

Excuse the double post.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to agree with Keliska here. The problem with not using purify is that the damage taken increases while the amount of HP recovered remains the same. It becomes a losing battle, especially in BH51 and BH69. The whole "1 step forward, 2 steps back." The only way a barb can tank that way is if they have ridiculously high HP and are charmed, OR the boss dies faster than the barb does. That is not realistic to expect of an at-level squad (lv60ish players in BH51 / lv80ish in BH69).

If fragrance or polearm can one shot a barb please show me a video.

If its dead in one shot, one damn shot you can't cast your so perfect purify either.

I've healed things with <half the hp of a normal barb without purify.