What are new clerics doing that is annoying all the old players?

167891012»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I remember plenty of stupid clerics (stupid players of all classes, really) back in the day. The only difference now is that the idiots run around in better gear. There were plenty of special individuals that leveled and regularly used Purehearted in 2009 too.
    yeah but they got weeded out cause they played like **** and didnt get in TT runs and thus got behind in gear too >.> The natural process of weeding is gone now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    The build is fail. -don't make it confusing.

You talk a lot of **** but don't give a single example or quote.

Vit cleric has 100(ish) vit statted. This is a widely used build, especially for tw. So either you statted way too much vit or you dont know how to play a cleric.
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    CarefulIBite - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What annoys me the most is clerics are a support class and as such you should be doing what you can to support people even if they arn't in your squad, not includeing enemies of course. Currently I've seen only one cleric aside from myself out of hundreds that would even bother to buff/heal someone who needed it. Is it really that hard for a cleric to buff someone who is around them and needs the buff? I dont mean they need to follow that person around but really your a support so do your job and support.

As for IH stacking I dont blame the new clerics for not knowing about it. when i started a cleric i didn't know it would stack and i didn't know about it untill someone in game told me.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What annoys me the most is clerics are a support class and as such you should be doing what you can to support people even if they arn't in your squad, not includeing enemies of course. Currently I've seen only one cleric aside from myself out of hundreds that would even bother to buff/heal someone who needed it.

I'd prefer to squad a cleric that puts more effort into themselves than "supporting" others.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What annoys me the most is clerics are a support class and as such you should be doing what you can to support people even if they arn't in your squad, not includeing enemies of course. Currently I've seen only one cleric aside from myself out of hundreds that would even bother to buff/heal someone who needed it.[COLOR="Orange"] Is it really that hard for a cleric to buff someone who is around them and needs the buff?[/COLOR] I dont mean they need to follow that person around but really your a support so do your job and support.

As for IH stacking I dont blame the new clerics for not knowing about it. when i started a cleric i didn't know it would stack and i didn't know about it untill someone in game told me.

I would disagree with you there. Its a nice thing for a cleric to do, and something that I myself did...from being a low leveled cleric, up till now as a level 100 cleric. Heck, I still visit the starting village to heal, buff, and teach some of the new clerics. I even stand in the fountain in City of the Plume and buff all in range of my buffs. I fly to the areas around arch, and buff anyone I see there. I appear in snowy village and have repeatedly rezzed people there after someone pulled a boss to kill the catshops. I even buff these people too. I rez people that I see at random, and kill certain bosses for others that need them.

That said, I don't HAVE to do that. That's like saying that a mystic has to rez buff a random person, that you have to bramble random melees who are questing, or that people who have squad related buffs have to squad with people and buff them because they have SUPPORT SKILLS. A cleric is a support class with DD potential. I'll grant you that. However, a cleric is not a slave either, and they have a right to do what it is that they want to do or are currently doing without buffing you. In fact a lot of clerics find it rude when people just stand there by them saying nothing and waiting to be buffed, or stand by and say buff....or "cleric buff". If you see a cleric, and you would like their buffs, go to them. Don't get mad because they didn't go out of their way to come to you, and politely ask them for a buff. On my sin I don't mind going up to clerics or anyone else for their buffs. Normally people say yes to that.

That said, its a nice thing if a cleric flies by and randomly buffs you, but keep in mind that they don't have to. I play as a cleric, and I mean no offense when I say this, but we are not buff machines. Our job isn't to fly around and buff others at random or because they are in the area. We have a right to quest in peace too. When we buff, or even when we randomly rez or heal you when you're not in our squad...don't see it as a cleric's duties. That same cleric could have let you die, and go back to town and they wouldn't be in the wrong. Be thankful for the times when someone...anyone does something to help, and don't view it as that classes duties. My cleric is level 100 now. If I fly by and rez you, see it as a nice person decided to help me, not as a cleric was in the area and was performing their duties, when I could easily not buff you, not heal you, not revive you, and not spare you a second thought. I'm not saying this to pick with you, but its because a lot of people think this way, and need to know otherwise. The random acts that a cleric does, they do not HAVE to do, and that applies for clerics and any other class. We may be a support class, but that doesn't mean that our buffing people at random is our job. It just happens to be a kindness that is done by us, so try and keep that in mind, okay.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What annoys me the most is clerics are a support class and as such you should be doing what you can to support people even if they arn't in your squad, not includeing enemies of course. Currently I've seen only one cleric aside from myself out of hundreds that would even bother to buff/heal someone who needed it. Is it really that hard for a cleric to buff someone who is around them and needs the buff? I dont mean they need to follow that person around but really your a support so do your job and support.

You're also a support class and a damage dealer. You should only fight things other people are fighting if someone else is in the area. You should be giving bramble to every single last person you see. You should never do a quest alone, it's not your job to tank, its your job to deal damage while someone else tanks. You must buy a herc, and you must have a nix. Its your job to prepared to tank if the real tank falls, and to do the most damage possible. Every time you see someone fighting a mob, you should be debuffing that mob. It's your job to support people even if they aren't in your squad..

If that post sounds ridiculous to you, then go back and re-read yours because it's the same drivel. We're there to support our squad, not every single other player in the entire game. It's not my job to buff you. It's not my job to heal you. It's not my job to support you in anyway if you're not in my squad. I usually do these things for people who do ask nicely, but it's not my job to do so. It's because I feel nice enough to do it at that particular time.

The idea that someone else's gameplay is supposed to revolve around you.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Eril - Raging Tide
    Eril - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Just a quick remark to Kayleigh:
    People have always BB at Zimo, as far as I know.
    It makes things easier, ant at this level, a lot of melee char are getting hit pretty hard by zimo's magic attack. If the barb doesn't hold well aggro, next melee who gets it will get 2-3 shot.

Apart from that, those clerics make us ashamed.

I think I only have had to BB in FB59 once.

Spamming IH on the tank for Zimo, or any of the other bosses for that matter, keeps charms from ticking and everyone alive just fine.
    "I'm going to stand here and try to guess how much I'm gonna need to spend on bail by the time someone calls the cops."
    ‎"I'd like to put forward that I'm going to need prior notice if I have to get my hands on anything really illegal."
    "Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street."
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I think I only have had to BB in FB59 once.

Spamming IH on the tank for Zimo, or any of the other bosses for that matter, keeps charms from ticking and everyone alive just fine.

I never used BB in any fb till 99 b:surrender
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I never used BB in any fb till 99 b:surrender

I think I started using BB in fb79s, but that's because around level 79 is when I remembered what a lazy SOB I was. I think the first time I ever heard someone ask if I would use BB outside of a zhen squad was in my mid 70s, humorously enough it was a higher level cleric asking me to BB at Polearm in 69 because "It's the only way to beat him."

Reminds me of the time I was in my early 90s and joined a random squad to help with the culti 49 bosses. Once I had joined, the level 75 barb in squad started WCing for a second cleric, explaining to me that "The only way anyone can tank these bosses is with the 2nd cleric BB'ing and you spamming IH's on the barb."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I think I started using BB in fb79s, but that's because around level 79 is when I remembered what a lazy SOB I was.

I also enjoy being lazy. Laziness pays off immediately, always!

Hi Ted, I hope you are well b:bye
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i Think I Started Using Bb In Fb79s, But That's Because Around Level 79 Is When I Remembered What A Lazy Sob I Was. I Think The First Time I Ever Heard Someone Ask If I Would Use Bb Outside Of A Zhen Squad Was In My Mid 70s, Humorously Enough It Was A Higher Level Cleric Asking Me To Bb At Polearm In 69 Because "it's The Only Way To Beat Him."

Reminds Me Of The Time I Was In My Early 90s And Joined A Random Squad To Help With The Culti 49 Bosses. Once I Had Joined, The Level 75 Barb In Squad Started Wcing For A Second Cleric, Explaining To Me That "the Only Way Anyone Can Tank These Bosses Is With The 2nd Cleric Bb'ing And You Spamming Ih's On The Barb."

O____________________________________________O
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I also enjoy being lazy. Laziness pays off immediately, always!

Hi Ted, I hope you are well b:bye

Hallo Dec - doing ok myself. How are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Hallo Dec - doing ok myself. How are you?

Had better months, my good man. Still cleric-ing DW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    2 old grampa clerics saying hi :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I would disagree with you there. Its a nice thing for a cleric to do, and something that I myself did...from being a low leveled cleric, up till now as a level 100 cleric. Heck, I still visit the starting village to heal, buff, and teach some of the new clerics. I even stand in the fountain in City of the Plume and buff all in range of my buffs. I fly to the areas around arch, and buff anyone I see there. I appear in snowy village and have repeatedly rezzed people there after someone pulled a boss to kill the catshops. I even buff these people too. I rez people that I see at random, and kill certain bosses for others that need them.

That said, I don't HAVE to do that. That's like saying that a mystic has to rez buff a random person, that you have to bramble random melees who are questing, or that people who have squad related buffs have to squad with people and buff them because they have SUPPORT SKILLS. A cleric is a support class with DD potential. I'll grant you that. However, a cleric is not a slave either, and they have a right to do what it is that they want to do or are currently doing without buffing you. In fact a lot of clerics find it rude when people just stand there by them saying nothing and waiting to be buffed, or stand by and say buff....or "cleric buff". If you see a cleric, and you would like their buffs, go to them. Don't get mad because they didn't go out of their way to come to you, and politely ask them for a buff. On my sin I don't mind going up to clerics or anyone else for their buffs. Normally people say yes to that.

That said, its a nice thing if a cleric flies by and randomly buffs you, but keep in mind that they don't have to. I play as a cleric, and I mean no offense when I say this, but we are not buff machines. Our job isn't to fly around and buff others at random or because they are in the area. We have a right to quest in peace too. When we buff, or even when we randomly rez or heal you when you're not in our squad...don't see it as a cleric's duties. That same cleric could have let you die, and go back to town and they wouldn't be in the wrong. Be thankful for the times when someone...anyone does something to help, and don't view it as that classes duties. My cleric is level 100 now. If I fly by and rez you, see it as a nice person decided to help me, not as a cleric was in the area and was performing their duties, when I could easily not buff you, not heal you, not revive you, and not spare you a second thought. I'm not saying this to pick with you, but its because a lot of people think this way, and need to know otherwise. The random acts that a cleric does, they do not HAVE to do, and that applies for clerics and any other class. We may be a support class, but that doesn't mean that our buffing people at random is our job. It just happens to be a kindness that is done by us, so try and keep that in mind, okay.

b:victory very well said. I often do the same things. When I am waiting for CS (or other stuff) I buff everyone who is also waiting there, many ppl say thank you and are polite to me, I have even had some add me as a friend. But, I do this stuff when I am in the mood (99.9% of the time). I love to play buff tag with randoms, but its not my primary funtion.
  • Eastling - Dreamweaver
    Eastling - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I guess not so much of an annoyance as an amusement.

My main is a cleric and i take pride in keeping my squad alive, buffed and healed. I met a cleric yesterday that had me almost falling off my chair with laughter in FC whilst i was on my sin alt. They simply refused to heal until the mobs or bosses were dead. Their wonderful reasoning when questioned was that they did not want heal agro, we were all lvl 100+. The squad leader was begging us all to let him boot them from the FC but the sheer hilarity of their refusal to heal kept them in squad until the end.

Pro-clerics ftw.
  • Eastling - Dreamweaver
    Eastling - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    By knowing what they're doing meaning: They choose self sufficient squads that don't or barely need a cleric?

By this you mean as cleric we should look after those that aren't self sufficient until they become so, become redundant and move on to help the next generation of non selfsufficient players. Aps players are able to choose who they roll with, why the hell shouldn't we.

b:shocked
  • Brennalynn - Lost City
    Brennalynn - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    As an old time cleric I have noticed the need for AOE heal now that there are more and more sins popping up. I know that aggro switches a lot when there's more then one sin or 5.0 bm in the party. But if one or 2 people can keep aggro then I see no need for AOE heal .. just means I have to work a little harder to keep my eye on which one has aggro. It's either a case of laziness or too much multi-tasking .. but things have definitely changed now that barbs aren't our main tanks and Blood Paint keeps melee from ticking (most of the time).

As far as people assuming its my duty to buff them .. even if they ask .. you are sorely mistaken. I choose when and if I buff/heal/rez someone. I quit my cleric for a long time because I got tired of the constant whispers 'come rez' or 'buff me' or harassing messages if I was in the middle of doing a quest and I didn't stop to rez/buff or heal someone just because they were in the area. We aren't machines.. we are human beings behind these characters and with that.. we have a choice .. as do u. If you want heals/buffs/rez ... make a cleric. I refuse to buff people if I get whispers like "Buff" ... if you don't have time to say "Can you buff me please?" I don't think I'm gonna be able to find the time to buff you.
  • Aezwen - Archosaur
    Aezwen - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What are you enen doing in a squad?
    You are a bm that couldn't tank?
    Should've rolled a sin
    Your charms are no one's problem
    Your own fault for sticking them on
    Why do clerics sux at healing u ask
    Because QQers cry at how we didn't use a long channeling, weak heal to save their cash shop charms
    Take a good look at your own shortcomings and stop expecting everyone else to make up for them
    Clerics are not doing any worse than any other class
    Even archers can tank so why don't the rest of you melee classes toughen up as well
    b:lipcurl please fix my avatar
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Another thing that clerics do that pisses me off is DD-ing and claiming that DD is useful in tw, i lose IQ just listening to their reasoning.
  • Monzerrat - Heavens Tear
    Monzerrat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Another thing that clerics do that pisses me off is DD-ing and claiming that DD is useful in tw, i lose IQ just listening to their reasoning.
    LMFAO, couldn't agree more :D
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I know in PvE: it saves me time and MP to kill stuff rather than spam heal some mooch bag hypernub that is supposedly a tank. Also, from a pure mag perspective: Survival means killing fast.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    I know in PvE: it saves me time and MP to kill stuff rather than spam heal some mooch bag hypernub that is supposedly a tank. Also, from a pure mag perspective: Survival means killing fast.

Except the post you quoted had nothing to do with PvE. Nicely done b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Except the post you quoted had nothing to do with PvE. Nicely done b:victory

Exactly, i didn't question DD in PvE.