What are new clerics doing that is annoying all the old players?

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Boy, if only 3-2 and 3-3 bosses like Emp, Arma, and beast were as easy as FB69 and FF. Please, more pro wisdom about how to IH/WS your way through when you see a partner cleric get put in a killer bubble and the BM/barb get struck with 10-15K metal damage.

Nice explanation! Your trollery is actually working on people. Rattling off a few bosses that people only learn by doing, researching on, and bosses that are tough regardless of class. Most don't even bother with TT outside of Culti runs. Carry on poopie head troll.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    Nice explanation! Your trollery is actually working on people. Rattling off a few bosses that people only learn by doing, researching on, and bosses that are tough regardless of class. Most don't even bother with TT outside of Culti runs. Carry on poopie head troll.
    What's hilarious about your "most don't even bother with" nonsense is that you base your criteria of being an awesome veno on soloing Xenospace Drake, a sub boss in VOS for the Scarred daily that just about no one "bothers with". The irony would smack you upside the head if you had the capacity in that coconut of yours to fathom it.

Also, there is no cultivation that takes you through any TT. While I don't doubt many do their 3-x for chrono, there's so many people that actually do TT that it's not uncommon to find a squad via world chat for a full run unrelated to chrono. Compare this to your measurement that you levy upon veno's related to Xenospace Drake, especially when bashing builds other than pure magic/arcane. Awful familiar territory.
  • darktrin
    darktrin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm a cleric, and I've got to say that stupidity is not limited to just us. Bah, I was trying to do Secret Passage one time with a tank, and his answer was to basically run through dragging all the mobs after him, and I am like, dude, I can't do that, I die in like 5 hits. That's just not how you do it.

You have to understand that clerics are a class that can be strewed up something chronic, and you won't know it until later in the game, so you get these absolute tools ending up as clerics. The thing is, with clerics a screwed up setup is obvious, but most other classes get away with it.

Cleric is not a fun class, you rely on other people way too much. You are a victim of dumbass helper more times then not. But anyways, this is the thing, maybe there should be more people teaching clerics how to build a character?
    edited August 2011
    ^ you bring up a good point.

The reasons people find variations in cleric builds between early and endgame is that it is not practical nor is it cost effective to highly refine and shard gear early on. Therefore, for survivability's sake, clerics will add more vit early on noticing how squishy they are against physical damage. It is something endgame that can be corrected once it becomes more viable to refine/shard gear aptly. It all depends on intangibles like that player's skill, and their learning curve. Rolling my second cleric and already knowing how game mechanics work, I could easily roll a pure magic cleric with no issue at all, and it's been even less an issue with my mystic being base 3 vit. However, the first time around, that extra HP saved my ***, especially on bosses like Belial in the 80s and old Emperor in the early-mid 90s. Gotta understand also who is tailoring the advice. Is it someone who already knows how to play a cleric and has been through pretty much every scenario as one? Or someone who hyper-powerleveled their cleric and still has yet to experience a substantial amount of situations and instances as a cleric that a cleric will eventually encounter?
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    I was in a 69 yesterday that I felt like helping out on. Barb, myself, psychic, wiz, and a couple others I forgot. Barb has pretty decent gear and seemed to know what he was doing, so I figured I'd let him tank... at least, that's what I planned on at first.

Then we decide to clear a little bit. Barb's HP keeps falling and the cleric is busy DDing (note: the cleric hadn't buffed anyone yet, but I figured that was because we weren't all inside yet and let it go). After about 2 rooms with no support whatsoever, the cleric finally uses four purehearts to get the barb back to full HP. Suddenly, I'm worried and I check the cleric's HP from squad window.... 2.2k WITH level 10 BKI (HP buff). One of the lower levels in the squad mentioned needing Serpentrex, so the rest of the squad agrees to it. We gather to buff and everyone except the cleric buffs up.... we then have to yell at said cleric for 4 minutes before she realizes to buff us. By now, I'm on twitch reflexes because I can tell this cleric, frankly, sucks... but we go ahead and run in. So we're fighting Serp and what does our cleric do? She starts to DD while our Barb's HP starts to drop. After having the rest of the squad yell at her to heal, she finally listens and starts to channel chromatic... but whoops! Barb's dead now. So after a bit of her DDing again (I now have aggro and am just acting like I would if I were doing the boss solo) she finally resses the barb... and then goes into BB immediately without rebuffing the barb. Problem is, she barely has enough MP now for BB to last any length of time and when it pops, she sits on the ground and meditates. Basically, the Wiz and Psy wound up playing cleric for me through the rest of the run (granted, I didn't need it but it was nice of them) and when we get to Pole and Nob, I get annoyed so I tell everyone else in the squad to stay in the lake. Once our so-called cleric starts to DD, I jump in the lake as well and let it kill her before booting her from squad and finishing the run.

And what pisses us older players off? **** like this is so bloody COMMON nowadays that a cleric that actually knows what we'd consider basics is a rarity. When you consider that, it kinda makes sense why so many people bash clerics more than normal nowadays.

I hate clerics that would rather DD than actually heal like they're supposed to, im a 77 cleric, been playing for 3 years, would be higher but i like to take it easy. I solo healed my entire fb69 at lvl 70. I always use ih on ever1, wellspring for quick heals on squishies
    follwed by a few ih. any time i see a cleric doing something wrong, i try to guide them best i can to fix their mistakes, they usually listen, but not always... Point of the matter is, those stupid clerics that would rather DD than do their job, should just roll a wizzy or a psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ^ you bring up a good point.

The reasons people find variations in cleric builds between early and endgame is that it is not practical nor is it cost effective to highly refine and shard gear early on. Therefore, for survivability's sake, clerics will add more vit early on noticing how squishy they are against physical damage.

Hey idiot! -Got your attention?

You don't need to refine or shard early on if you simply obtain the right equips! Substituting stat points for equips is making yourself a mooch to others and not carrying your own weight.
    edited August 2011

You don't need to refine or shard early on if you simply obtain the right equips! Substituting stat points for equips is making yourself a mooch to others and not carrying your own weight.
    A decent cleric will pull their own weight as the necessity for "pure" early on is not necessary at all, just as unnecessary as refining and sharding much -- also, way to not point out/specify what you consider "right equips" at that level, general statements ftw. Of course, I'm sure everyone should rely on a ****ing moron who doesn't even know much about cleric skills (whats SOR?), and who powerleveled their cleric up to FF levels, for low and mid-range cleric'ing advice.. can I get an a-men? Don't you have some private special time with Xenospace Drake to be engaging in? Tweakz trying to force crappy advice still on things he knows nothing about. What a surprise. b:cute
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    As a sin I get frustrated with clerics healing me when I don't need it. I self heal pretty well as long as some cleric dont come along an heal me when i haven't aggro 'd the entire group of mobs-which moost times I won't.
    I get very annoyed at cleric who over heal an cause me to have to try to save them because of heal aggro.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    As a sin I get frustrated with clerics healing me when I don't need it. I self heal pretty well as long as some cleric dont come along an heal me when i haven't aggro 'd the entire group of mobs-which moost times I won't.
    I get very annoyed at cleric who over heal an cause me to have to try to save them because of heal aggro.

Got Alpha Male?
    PWI b:bye
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited August 2011

How exactly is it, for a cleric, makign him/her a mooch (god you love that word dont you), if adding a few vit points earlier on in order to stay alive and thus actually heal -others-.

a dead cleric = no heals = time lost = longer runs = loss of profit.

and your keen on not losing time nor profit, so how do you explain this croocked logic ?
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    How exactly is it, for a cleric, makign him/her a mooch (god you love that word dont you), if adding a few vit points earlier on in order to stay alive and thus actually heal -others-.

a dead cleric = no heals = time lost = longer runs = loss of profit.

and your keen on not losing time nor profit, so how do you explain this croocked logic ?

I just ignore his posts. He lacks the experiential basis to make all of his claims.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just ignore his posts. He lacks the experiential basis to make all of his claims.

Oh dont worry, he's been ignoring me ever since my first posting spree.
    I usually do too, Just couldn't resist this time.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Aiiria - Heavens Tear
    Aiiria - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm a bit too lazy to go ahead and read through all the previous comments but here's my feedback on this:

I'm not necessarily a veteran cleric but I have been playing one for close to a year now and yes, it does **** me off when I see clerics spamming AOE heals when only one person really needs it. I mean really. I ran with a squad the other day and a sin took aggro. There was also another cleric in the squad and I watched as she sat there and began to channel chromatic for just that one sin. I quickly threw a Wellspring on him and a few IH's and he was fine. In the mean time, she's still channelling chromatic even though the problem was solved. And Im thinking, why waste the time and the mana when a few IH's or a Wellspring did the trick? Thats what I like to call lazy healing. And I cant stand seeing a lazy cleric.

Another example of a lazy healer is seeing a cleric throw up BB on simple bosses like Zimo or Pyro simply because they dont want to pay enough damn attention to the squad to heal the tank or anyone else that pulls aggo.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    darktrin wrote: »
    But anyways, this is the thing, maybe there should be more people teaching clerics how to build a character?

I, for one, am happy with helping out any class in learning the ropes. I seem to run into quite a few people as I randomly buff and heal in the Mines, some of whom I help out through Farng and Florafang.

But I digress. Someone once told me they take squads through the fb19 dungeons to teach them about healer's aggro, how to heal/DD/tank. I think this is a good idea, especially if you sit back and watch, maybe swooping in to save if something goes too far south.

How about it? Maybe one day a week, we post in WC something like: giving healer/DD/tank lessons, pm me for invite.

The worst they can do is laugh and not reply.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011

maybe if you stopped running into groups of mobs and refusing to aggro them all with a quick earthen rift, that wouldn't happen. Theres that genie skill too, alpha male I think it's called. If you don't want to tank properly, then just DD and let others who will aggro everything enough for the cleric to do their job do it. Sounds like your own fault to me, IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tashxx - Dreamweaver
    Tashxx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    first of all let me say, I'm an old player and I have my own style.b:laugh But I can see how new clerics would come to think that aoe is better or easier than IH......so many players are OP now and it's difficult to know which will take arrgo. I've seen countless times when players do not acknowledge the fact that a cleric cannot swap fast enough to heal them when they have low hp then run in and spam skills to be "the big man" and steal arrgo from the tank. I'm sure it makes them feel super-special, but not always the smartest move. Or players all go different ways attacking different mobs soooo who should the cleric heal? lol (even aoe range is only gonna reach so far...so be the clerics fav ;))

So many things could be happening, but I also note the fact that many players are power-leveled and have no idea how to really play a cleric. (I'd have to say that to be a power-leveled char., cleric would be the the worst class to choose) At times it's stressful to be cleric, so go easy on them. It has to be one of the least sought after classes on PWI now. Clerics are fun to play at times but not very respected, which is why you can usually find me on an alt.....b:chuckleb:shocked
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dislike towards clerics made me quit mine. And yea, fail power levelled clerics made me start dual clienting so I can heal myself in dungeons.

There's just no escaping D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • CRBB - Lost City
    CRBB - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    what about the clerics who spam Stream of Rejuvenation instead of IH b:chuckle
  • MiniRawr - Raging Tide
    MiniRawr - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Know what made me mad well before server shutdown we were in TT and we had 2 clerics me and a lv101 =_= and i thought she was going to be amazing and none stop and kept flying insults all because my cleric i use to use WAS ON HARSHLANDS and she made her first main on RT well i ignored her and non-stop while we were running into the temple she kept doing FKING KARTWHEELS <----REALLY No healing During Mobs+Fights Just KartWheels And "WEEEEEEEEEEE".... that is the only thing i hate seeing is a lower lv cleric having to step-up to heal Squad...
    edited August 2011
    I was pretty speechless seeing DOT's in R8 wep (no other DOT's anywhere else btw) or MP shards in armor.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was pretty speechless seeing DOT's in R8 wep (no other DOT's anywhere else btw) or MP shards in armor.

Heh when I came back I saw that more than one would like to imagine. It's awesome how many morons there are...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • wontgetfooled
    wontgetfooled Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hey

-> cleric uses hammer or axes as a weapon
    -> when the barb runs out of hp at boss
    -> cleric trade the tank for some lvl 20 hp pots left from lvl 20ish - questing

b:laugh
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I got too lazy to read this whole thread but.... Yeah, I don't have a cleric character, but even I know the basics of clericing.

Which I Have even had to tell cleric how to purify because they didn't know what a debuff is.

When I have to fill in with my sisters cleric I go in and watch the squishies, stack tank, debuff boss, etc. I've had to yell at others to do this because when I'm not healed I die. I've done it before with pros but I can't with fails.

Oh worst thing I've come across, stated vital and sharded mp
    So low damage over all when you coulda gone the other way and gotten same stats... With the full damage
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Heh when I came back I saw that more than one would like to imagine. It's awesome how many morons there are...

I actually saw a Blood named 8x HA Cleric once.... too bad I don't take a screen shot of him.. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • MasaneHope - Dreamweaver
    MasaneHope - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    OKAY after reading so many posts I gotta talk. This is sad. These people are giving clerics a bad name. and my Cleric is Pure Magic Sage...

I have been playing a cleric (off and on) for about 2 years now, just made 100 two days ago. I LOVE using IH, Chromatic i use when i gotta group heal usually AOE only. I rarely do FC unless a friend asks me and then I always forget to hyper anyways.

These clerics scare the **** outta me and make me just a bit ashamed to be a cleric.

The worst experience I had that sorda had me laughing and feeling sorry, is one day a faction member went into 69 his squad was him (barb) and 3 cleric. He died 5 times on pole.... ya 5 times on pole wit 3 clerics. Asked me to go in (at the time when I did I was about 2-3 lvls lower then these clerics) they all dd'd while I healed. Didn't die at all.

Then a most recent thing a friend was telling me about that had me lauging so very hard. She went into a delta run. and the cleric actually said in squad chat, "im sorry but my bb is only level 1" b:shocked

I rather take the hard way to level a character and have it take me years then to level up fast and have no idea. Somedays its hard to play my alts cuz I usually end up switching to my main to heal cuz I get annoyed. Or dying when ur alts highest person in the squad of all dd's (no barb in team) and they decide not to heal u and heal someone else or just dd.

-sighs- maybe someday they shall learn xD
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    -sighs- maybe someday they shall learn xD

Not likely.... no way PWI can give them a "learning stone" b:laugh
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I did a Caster Nirvana yesterday with another cleric.
    It took him forever to understand why I was telling him not to use plume shot

/facepalm
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I did a Caster Nirvana yesterday with another cleric.
    It took him forever to understand why I was telling him not to use plume shot

/facepalm

That cleric: But, but... it's part of my macro... I needz to use it :P
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That cleric: But, but... it's part of my macro... I needz to use it :P

I don't trust macros on my cleric after I tried a healing macro and it failed.

After reading this threat all the way through, it makes me sad to think that clerics are being wasted and untrained in this way. Hell, whenever I had a question (my cleric is my main), I asked around in faction chat or even just in a squad where someone commented that they have a cleric.

I don't understand why people don't ask questions. It's the easiest thing to do and makes people die less. I always ask, if the boss is new to me, what debuffs should I look for, does the boss AoE, any quirks the boss has. If no one knows, I ask everyone if I might have a second to look up the boss online to see what, if any, are the quirks that might get us all killed.

The biggest pain I see (though I am not a "pro" cleric in any sense) is the clerics who don't talk to the squad (when needed), purify when someone's obviously dieing of poison, and use Bless of the Purehearted instead of Wellspring or IH.

*facepalm*
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011

That's nothing, I've seen one with amber shards in a rank8 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]