I am going to say my piece and be done...

Options

Comments

• GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wow this thread is still goin??? all i can say is this...

Why wouldnt it? No one has flamed a lot in the thread. Plus, this was moved from Off Topic to General Discussion for some odd reason.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why wouldnt it? No one has flamed a lot in the thread. Plus, this was moved from Off Topic to General Discussion for some odd reason.

shh. hamster magic will fail if you point it out.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @Airyll (too long quote)

If you read carefully I am not applying that you made troll/spam threads.
    But I took your post cause your post shows why the major part of the community is raging also why I said I stand by Rose.

So it wasn't directed to you personally b:chuckle
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ Quilue

If he had simply said everybody was being nit picky? I'd have most certainly agreed and this wouldn't even be an issue.

It was the added statement that everybody being nit picky (which basically comes across as everybody who asked for clarification, and there were a lot) were the people intending to abuse the rules. It was the "abuse the rules" part of the statement that was uncalled for, it was that statement that was the insult, and it is that statement that I am going to challenge until I see it edited and apologised for or until I get banned.

I guess that comment was offensive for people, GMs do have to watch their words very carefully. That was careless of him and I guess people do have the right to demand an apology.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @Airyll (too long quote)

If you read carefully I am not applying that you made troll/spam threads.
    But I took your post cause your post shows why the major part of the community is raging also why I said I stand by Rose.

So it wasn't directed to you personally b:chuckle

Ah, alright then. Apologies for the slight miscommunication.

Although that does not change the fact I want people to read that post and understand. I do not (for now, anyway) have an issue with the new moderators. When I see something I really don't like, then and only then will I have an issue with them.

Until then, while the mods may be related to my issues or possibly even the cause of them in some ways, my complaints lie towards Frankie and in some cases, possibly other GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

yeah methinks the mods/gms thought this thread would be a great thread to use to absorb the various flaming that had been going on in this section, likely to be locked and/or lower depth'd later, or even un-bump it right off the first page. i'm just kinda surprised it hasn't been yet i usually dont see a thread stay on the first page past a day unless its been stickied.. i also notice a few more bans were handed out while i slumbered so i have a question for all.. if you get banned from forums does it also apply to the game as well or can you still play?
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah methinks the mods/gms thought this thread would be a great thread to use to absorb the various flaming that had been going on in this section, likely to be locked and/or lower depth'd later, or even un-bump it right off the first page. i'm just kinda surprised it hasn't been yet i usually dont see a thread stay on the first page past a day unless its been stickied.. i also notice a few more bans were handed out while i slumbered so i have a question for all.. if you get banned from forums does it also apply to the game as well or can you still play?

Depends. Some are in game some are not in game bans
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That's up to the GMs. As of a few hours ago Bwanden and WraithTanker were still in-game.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

Generally, forum bans don't apply to the game.

But yes, they can ban you in both areas, and they will do so if you **** them off enough. I know a couple of people who were banned from both instances, forum and game, for things not even that bad, either. Sad, really.

This topic stays here because it gathers up all the complaints into one thread (so they hope) and it makes it a lot easier to ignore. Or at least... that's my opinion these days. Threads like this get ignored because people are honest and civil.

The other threads are easier to deal with because flaming and slander is never taken so seriously, and people in this community will happily cry for people to be banned the instant they make a few trolling posts, regardless of what they've ever said in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ Airyll - you forgot to add keph to your siggy lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    On the other side of the coin, how do you think people will react if this thread did get locked? lol. It's a good thread, there's no reason for them to touch it.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ Airyll - you forgot to add keph to your siggy lol.

I blame Nowitsawn, as he's the person who made it.

You have a point. I think we also have at least one other candidate to add to this, too. Time to bother him about it when I next see him online. XD

I miss Keph.
    On the other side of the coin, how do you think people will react if this thread did get locked? lol. It's a good thread, there's no reason for them to touch it.

Yeah.

That's the thing about this thread. It's the thing about honest posts.

If they lock this thread they shoot themselves in the foot more then they have already done so. Some of the comments have been on the trolling side but for the most part this thread is full of honest opinions. Locking this would be a clear sign that they are ignoring any and all legitimate concerns being put forward and it would truly be the last straw for so many people. They don't dare lock this thread when they have no reason to.

For the same reason, they don't seem to dare to respond either. They either cannot or will not answer, and this in turn is just as bad. Admittedly, at this point, nothing they say would truly rectify the situation, but a small token to say this thread has been read might very well go a long way. Yet, nothing happens.

They cannot lock it. They don't seem to dare to respond. And their silence does nothing but reinforce people's idea that they ignore the valid complaints, for whatever reason. At this point, Frankie has a lot to answer for. His silence does not help him, but locking this thread would be so much worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

This is how I feel about this thread. Rose is the most respected person in the forums. She is helpful and speaks the truth. If she is ignored by the GMs what does that say about the rest of us, if someone like her cant even get their attention. we have a snowball chance in hell if Frankie/Kanto or someone in the PWE office doesnt respond to this.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well I was looking around the forums and found a thread Grim posted in-was kind of flamey tbh but someone's post was edited due to the rule of not talking about other versions of PW or any competitive MMOs etc. Err no offense meant but since when did they ever really enforce that rule? It really makes no sense especially since that would mean all those threads of new content from China would not be allowed to be discussed nor talks about the other "international" version (which I will not name in case they catch me talking about it again) as merely a reference point to this version. I know they dont want possible pre-upraors to new patches that are coming from China but it (to me at least) seems like something a person would not want to be constantly policing. Besides I don't know about you guys, but the update on new skills for old classes and the new areogears/mounts is something I'd like to hear about- it's more positive content which would be more beneficial (?) to them to let live than, say, a negative impact patch form China.

As for even getting a response form GMs on this, one of the many reasons I think they wont is because of the "new exciting content" they're working, on which means chances are they wont want to come on a read something they don't like to put them in a bad mood, however civil it might be.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is how I feel about this thread. Rose is the most respected person in the forums. She is helpful and speaks the truth. If she is ignored by the GMs what does that say about the rest of us, if someone like her cant even get their attention. we have a snowball chance in hell if Frankie/Kanto or someone in the PWE office doesnt respond to this.

Your siggy makes me sad missing the old days :(
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    in game gaming is messed up now we have Gms and mods being lazy and banning anyone who gives their opinion b:embarrass

anyways RIP pwi >.>
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well I was looking around the forums and found a thread Grim posted in-was kind of flamey tbh but someone's post was edited due to the rule of not talking about other versions of PW or any competitive MMOs etc. Err no offense meant but since when did they ever really enforce that rule? It really makes no sense especially since that would mean all those threads of new content from China would not be allowed to be discussed nor talks about the other "international" version (which I will not name in case they catch me talking about it again) as merely a reference point to this version. I know they dont want possible pre-upraors to new patches that are coming from China but it (to me at least) seems like something a person would not want to be constantly policing. Besides I don't know about you guys, but the update on new skills for old classes and the new areogears/mounts is something I'd like to hear about- it's more positive content which would be more beneficial (?) to them to let live than, say, a negative impact patch form China.

As for even getting a response form GMs on this, one of the many reasons I think they wont is because of the "new exciting content" they're working, on which means chances are they wont want to come on a read something they don't like to put them in a bad mood, however civil it might be.

That is why we have frankie. He doesnt work on the content(pretty sure). He is the go between for the community and the rest of the GMs. He is suppose to read this. He is suppose to respond. He is suppose to do his job
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Although that does not change the fact I want people to read that post and understand. I do not (for now, anyway) have an issue with the new moderators. When I see something I really don't like, then and only then will I have an issue with them.

Until then, while the mods may be related to my issues or possibly even the cause of them in some ways, my complaints lie towards Frankie and in some cases, possibly other GMs.

This is where the stupidity lay in the giant mod thread...I feel like people were misdirecting their anger to the mods when this was a real issue [in my opinion, take it as you will] of a breach of trust/communication gap/buildup of many past issues. The lie about Konari was just another example of deception for no real reason.

And let's be honest here- a lot of the complainers were simply jumping onto the bandwagon that the better-known posters created. Which led to an annoyingly large population of people who didn't really know what they were talking about other than *general rage in the mods/GMs direction*. That is what was so counterproductive. {And I'm not talking about you here by any means].

But the mods should be given a chance, longer than one hour or one response or one day. A week or two should be enough to make judgments. Mod-bashing has suddenly become popular when I wish people would focus on the real issues at hand. I don't think a lot of the general posters know about Konari's reinstatement as mod because that thread was quickly shut down. All this info should be relayed by our CM as a news post or conveyed some way, because it needs to be addressed. And things need to change.
    edited October 2010
    Options

new exciting content? oh you mean this? somehow i doubt it'll be exciting, more like the contrary, frankie's probably just working on the test servers again makin more cross-dressing arcane barbs etc to kill time.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That is why we have frankie. He doesnt work on the content(pretty sure). He is the go between for the community and the rest of the GMs. He is suppose to read this. He is suppose to respond. He is suppose to do his job

wow... I saw that picture in your sig... holy ****, who the hell is that and why do they have an ego the size of the milky way galaxy? I didn't really have much opinion on the new mods, but if that's one of them my respect-o-meter just hit rock bottom.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is where the stupidity lay in the giant mod thread...I feel like people were misdirecting their anger to the mods when this was a real issue [in my opinion, take it as you will] of a breach of trust/communication gap/buildup of many past issues. The lie about Konari was just another example of deception for no real reason.

And let's be honest here- a lot of the complainers were simply jumping onto the bandwagon that the better-known posters created. Which led to an annoyingly large population of people who didn't really know what they were talking about other than *general rage in the mods/GMs direction*. That is what was so counterproductive. {And I'm not talking about you here by any means].

But the mods should be given a chance, longer than one hour or one response or one day. A week or two should be enough to make judgments. Mod-bashing has suddenly become popular when I wish people would focus on the real issues at hand. I don't think a lot of the general posters know about Konari's reinstatement as mod because that thread was quickly shut down. All this info should be relayed by our CM as a news post or conveyed some way, because it needs to be addressed. And things need to change.

I agree with the whole post, wholeheartedly.

Frankie openly stated in the moderating thread that he lied to his community about who he was putting "in charge" as it were, given that he cannot be here all the time.

(And to clarify, yes, his community. As community manager, and acting CM, we are technically his community to manage. Not the mods. Not Kanto. Not any of the other GMs. We are his community to manage and his community to keep informed.)

Yet despite the little show of honesty after a big show of deception, the mod thread was then inevitably depth'd, where fewer people will see it. Of course Frankie planned to lock and depth that thread the instant he admitted to lying about Konari. A worrying fact. The CM planned to make the thread less visible the instant he came clean about a particularly startling and uncalled for lie. He planned for people not to see it.

That is who manages our community right now. A deceptive, manipulate CM who plans for things not to be seen if they make him look any worse then he could possibly look, and a deceptive and manipulative CM who doesn't seem to understand the concept of communication worth a rat's *** in his own special way.

I agree, there should be a sticky about the recent Konari incident. But there will not be one. Frankie will not make one, when he intended for the very thread he admitted his lie on to become nearly invisible in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wow... I saw that picture in your sig... holy ****, who the hell is that and why do they have an ego the size of the milky way galaxy? I didn't really have much opinion on the new mods, but if that's one of them my respect-o-meter just hit rock bottom.

Yep that is one of our new mods ^.^ Dont try to talk to her she only wants PMs b:surrender
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wait, what is all this about Keph? I thought he had stopped posting a while ago...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know what I find kind of funny, is that if it wasn't brought out into the open like this, I seriously doubt their would be any where near as many post/comments in their (the mods) inbox, complaining about the most recent events, sure it may be more civil/less stressful for them to deal with things in a private manner, but when nothing is getting done when a few people pm them, why not get others involved?

It definitely shows that they aren't the only one's with concerns.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wait, what is all this about Keph? I thought he had stopped posting a while ago...

Keph, like so many of us now, lost his patience earlier. As such, after he tried being polite, civil, and patient, he lost his temper. He made a post I never got to see, but basically stating his opinion of affairs, shall we say, and was henceforth banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep that is one of our new mods ^.^ Dont try to talk to her she only wants PMs b:surrender

I don't think I'd want to talk to such an unpleasant, pompous jerk anyway. :/ how did that application ever get through for such a job as this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Keph, like so many of us now, lost his patience earlier. As such, after he tried being polite, civil, and patient, he lost his temper. He made a post I never got to see, but basically stating his opinion of affairs, shall we say, and was henceforth banned.

Wow, must've been one hell of a post... He was without a doubt one of the more civil and helpful posters on this forums. I didn't have a clue.
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know what I find kind of funny, is that if it wasn't brought out into the open like this, I seriously doubt their would be any where near as many post/comments in their (the mods) inbox, complaining about the most recent events, sure it may be more civil/less stressful for them to deal with things in a private manner, but when nothing is getting down when a few people pm them, why not get others involved?

It definitely shows that they aren't the only one's with concerns.

Why? So Frankie can ignore MORE PMs I am pretty sure everyone that is in the sigs has/had PM'd frankie. This was suppose to be a PM to frankie but Rose typed more than 5000 characters. We TRIED. He doesnt listen. Why waste our time debating a inbox? When 1 he isnt gonna read it. 2 he isnt gonna respond.
  • Liyte - Lost City
    Liyte - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *Sips tea, awaiting a response*
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why? So Frankie can ignore MORE PMs I am pretty sure everyone that is in the sigs has/had PM'd frankie. This was suppose to be a PM to frankie but Rose typed more than 5000 characters. We TRIED. He doesnt listen. Why waste our time debating a inbox? When 1 he isnt gonna read it. 2 he isnt gonna respond.
    <3 I am not saying go pm him, re read it plox? O_o

I just meant that the ones that would have pmed them is/are far less then the amount of people voicing their disgust openly on the forums.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)