I am going to say my piece and be done...

Options

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So far, the only "dire need" to Cash shop that I've seen is when you hit 100 and absolutely cannot wait to get your end-game gear. Honestly though, I'm level 100, got about half of my sage skills after a month, plan on knocking out a couple more and working on my TT99 armor. I've got a steady income of about 2mil per 5 days.

Honestly?? If I CSed and got all my end-game gear I'd be bored as hell. The sage skills, TT99 armor and Nirvana gear give me something to look forward to. I'm very satisfied with my situation.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well since i dont lurk daily on here i dont have the full story as to whats going on but i get the jest of it, i was on the other day (yesterday or the day before, cant recall exactly) and seen what was at least 5 locked threads in the top 10 in this section and my first thought was "WOW wtf is going on here??" started to lurk a little and noticed posts being "edited" away and threads being moved to the lower depths as i read them.. and i gotta admit i have a little more respect for the mods/gms after all that, must have been horrible to keep up with all that. that being said i have never in my life on any forum seen so many bans handed out in a single day, and since the posts that got these people banned seemed to have vanished from the threads (or i just fail at search) i cannot agree or disagree if they were deserved or not, however, having read reds original post in its entirety and having seen the nifty little animated sig's displaying all the banned in this mess, if reds gets added to this 'little' list for this post i'll literally lose all respect for any red or green bordered avatar i see on this forum from here on.. i'm not entirely sure what all i missed but looks to me much like what would happen if someone put a few big dogs in a room full of little fluffy semi-angry cats and locked the doors.. what a bloody mess.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this

before tw change sanc was red

tt prices have gone up nicely after 2x trashed them thanks ot the changes

and the more flooded with packs the market becomes the cheaper our F2P gear becomes
    No matter what game you play there's going to be malcontents who ***** and moan about every single thing. It's usually an attempt to compensate for failing at playing games. QQpacks, QQanni mount again, QQanni fash, QQTWneeds to be changed, QQtheychangedTW, QQrespondtomyeverypost. All the stupid QQ takes away from legitimate complaints people actually have about why their service (bug fixing, creation of new content, etc.) has been increasingly so sub-par after such a great start.

Edit: <3 Nelae. Haven't seen your name in a while for some reason. D:
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All of the changes came from the issues the CN Version was having, not here. They had no choice. TW changes were made literally when they upgraded the servers causing a 100% reset (they did compensate with coins to the land holding factions on all the servers), the DQ prices were changed bc of the epic gold farming, the Jone's Blessing is ONLY here and was to be the "reward" to make up for the DQ price change, the Anni Blessing was more of a rage issue because it is only 90 days and does not combat the op'ness of the Jones Blessing (which people are now used to and addicted too).

I just wanted to point that out...they also said that they did not agree with the DQ changes for this version....b:surrender

And as I've said before:

Name one F2P MMO that customizes it's updates in the International version to be different from the ones made in the initial country.

IT DOESN'T FREAKING EXIST.

We'd all love to have a F2P MMO with a more personalized dev team focused on our specific version instead of the game as a general whole, but it doesn't freaking exist, and thus there's no reason to call out PWI and act like what they're doing is outrageous. EVERY MMO company wants to cut costs and save money, so they all assume "whatever problems pop up here will eventually pop up in the international version" and apply their updates equally to both.

The way I see it?

Is the economy freaking stable? Yeah it is. I played a year ago and came back to find similar prices. I've checked prices on various servers, too. Things tend to have amazingly stable costs by MMO standards.

Did the TW price change hurt anyone? Yes and no. On one hand it can decrease income for some guilds, on the other hand, I swear to god, you could say "from now on, the TW prize will be 100 million Sadness cards" and people would respond with "omfg what are we supposed to do with those, stupid PWI."

Just because people don't like a change, does that mean it shouldn't happen? Hell no. People don't like paying taxes. Does that mean we shouldn't pay taxes??

And as for Jones' Blessing? WTF don't get me started.

"Omg stupid PWI releases stupid blessing it'll break everything, omg you guys are so ret@rded. -spams the machine for 30 each day-"

"Here we listened and made another blessing to balance the original."

"Omfg stupid PWI why the hell would anyone ever want defense on a blessing, stupid nabs. Also why is the Jones' Blessing thing broken, wtf we should be able to get them forever. -Every barb on every server puts on the anniversary blessing-"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Big freaking dot.

The game I come from made weapons and armor disappear forever if you failed at refining. Imagine if, instead of trying your luck with low cost upgrade stones for the first 5 +'s, you're REQUIRED to get dragon orbs or risk losing your item. Imagine them being a lot more expensive, too.

Oh yeah, and fashion that costs as much as real life clothing.

The thing that impresses me about PW the most is that they RESPOND. Even if you don't like their response, they respond. TW income was changed because they felt it was important. Dragon quest NPC price changed because they felt it was important. Even if you hate these, at least it shows they ARE monitoring the economy. And hell, people have complained about, for example, no defense charm to counter the Jones' charm. Then we got the anniversary charm and people spit on it.

lol did you come from the same game I did... my fashion (called a future fighter charm) was $140 usd when it was first released lol
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol did you come from the same game I did... my fashion (called a future fighter charm) was $140 usd when it was first released lol

Nah our fashion was like 40-50$, and mounts/rides went as high as $90.

Think the only category PWI come anywhere close to being ridiculous is with the mounts and rides. They're still cheaper but aren't some of them still like $50?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You have my respect Rose, love you

The forum need more care and a different moderating system. I'm an admin of my school forum myself and from my experience, as stated before by others, it need a better moderator team, with experience and knowledge of how these forums work. I'm not going as far as telling the new mod to resign, no, but at least before they decided something is inappropriate, warn first, ask CM and/or experienced forum-ers like Rose for their opinion before making decision. So far I've seen thread shouldn't be closed and deleted from sub-forum handled wrongly which lead to unnecessary uproar and vice versa. There are ways to prevent recent chaos in this board that could be done if the moderator team is wise enough and close to the community enough.

@longknife, others: you guys going off topic or am I missing anything here? this topic is about the forum, the place where the community interact outside of game and raise voice and concern. The game itself, though not fine, was never been said to be a bad free game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Big freaking dot.

The game I come from made weapons and armor disappear forever if you failed at refining. Imagine if, instead of trying your luck with low cost upgrade stones for the first 5 +'s, you're REQUIRED to get dragon orbs or risk losing your item. Imagine them being a lot more expensive, too.

Oh yeah, and fashion that costs as much as real life clothing.

The thing that impresses me about PW the most is that they RESPOND. Even if you don't like their response, they respond. TW income was changed because they felt it was important. Dragon quest NPC price changed because they felt it was important. Even if you hate these, at least it shows they ARE monitoring the economy. And hell, people have complained about, for example, no defense charm to counter the Jones' charm. Then we got the anniversary charm and people spit on it.
    Sadly I'm pretty sure I know the game you refer to. If it's a road traveled by bots from China to Europe, no?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sadly I'm pretty sure I know the game you refer to. If it's a road traveled by bots from China to Europe, no?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS GREAT.

See this is my point:

Both of you have said "did you play my game" and neither of you has properly alluded to my game. I mean look at this: we're not bull$hitting here: the fact is PWI has better service and provides cheaper prices than most MMOs. There's apparently people on PWI from at least three other MMOs that charge way more.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • OsoGreen_ - Harshlands
    OsoGreen_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We are DONE being told lies, PWI.

No matter how many of us you ban, there will be more who will speak out against it. No matter how many of us you try to silence, we will continue to return and shout our protests to the streets.

NEWS FLASH: Your dirty little secrets are secrets no more. Either you start to pay a little kidness and common courtesy to your users and players, or YOU, NOT the economy, NOT the packs, NOT the TT problems, NOT rubber banding, NOT the TW pay, and NOT the Jones's blessings, are going to tear this game apart.

We're finished being treated like garbage. The users have a voice, and we DEMAND to be heard! We're done playing nice with you; that's all we've ever done is listened and waited for something GOOD to happen. We've been patient when you've told us, we've taken jokes and thrown playful punches...we've even taken your ****.

IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. When are we going to finally end all this chaos? You have no excuses! This has to stop.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Vote yes on 19! Fight the man!

wait...

oops wrong forums D
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wanna say my piece too: Hi all <3
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS GREAT.

See this is my point:

Both of you have said "did you play my game" and neither of you has properly alluded to my game. I mean look at this: we're not bull$hitting here: the fact is PWI has better service and provides cheaper prices than most MMOs. There's apparently people on PWI from at least three other MMOs that charge way more.

Now to quote a line from work when somebody says the correct info

ZIIIIING!!!!!!!!! smell itb:shutup
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We are DONE being told lies, PWI.

No matter how many of us you ban, there will be more who will speak out against it. No matter how many of us you try to silence, we will continue to return and shout our protests to the streets.

NEWS FLASH: Your dirty little secrets are secrets no more. Either you start to pay a little kidness and common courtesy to your users and players, or YOU, NOT the economy, NOT the packs, NOT the TT problems, NOT rubber banding, NOT the TW pay, and NOT the Jones's blessings, are going to tear this game apart.

We're finished being treated like garbage. The users have a voice, and we DEMAND to be heard! We're done playing nice with you; that's all we've ever done is listened and waited for something GOOD to happen. We've been patient when you've told us, we've taken jokes and thrown playful punches...we've even taken your ****.

IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. When are we going to finally end all this chaos? You have no excuses! This has to stop.

OMG!!!! Did you not read the last 3 pages... Oh wait this was a just created account... I guess the banned flamers are awake... good morning.... Guess the civil conversations are goneb:bye
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

You're right Oso.

Obviously this company has one giant conspiracy to lie to it's consumer-base and provide **** service. It's all connected, you see?

But now that we know the truth, they'll be forced to do whatever we want.

....If only someone would say wtf it is we want. :U
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    er...wat do you want o.oa

I wished frost was the old frost, I miss that cave =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I want cookies.. oh and cake.
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rose as ur biggest stal...fan, id just like to say thank yu for what yu have done for the forum.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And as I've said before:

Name one F2P MMO that customizes it's updates in the International version to be different from the ones made in the initial country.

IT DOESN'T FREAKING EXIST.

We'd all love to have a F2P MMO with a more personalized dev team focused on our specific version instead of the game as a general whole, but it doesn't freaking exist, and thus there's no reason to call out PWI and act like what they're doing is outrageous. EVERY MMO company wants to cut costs and save money, so they all assume "whatever problems pop up here will eventually pop up in the international version" and apply their updates equally to both.

The way I see it?

Is the economy freaking stable? Yeah it is. I played a year ago and came back to find similar prices. I've checked prices on various servers, too. Things tend to have amazingly stable costs by MMO standards.

Did the TW price change hurt anyone? Yes and no. On one hand it can decrease income for some guilds, on the other hand, I swear to god, you could say "from now on, the TW prize will be 100 million Sadness cards" and people would respond with "omfg what are we supposed to do with those, stupid PWI."

Just because people don't like a change, does that mean it shouldn't happen? Hell no. People don't like paying taxes. Does that mean we shouldn't pay taxes??

And as for Jones' Blessing? WTF don't get me started.

"Omg stupid PWI releases stupid blessing it'll break everything, omg you guys are so ret@rded. -spams the machine for 30 each day-"

"Here we listened and made another blessing to balance the original."

"Omfg stupid PWI why the hell would anyone ever want defense on a blessing, stupid nabs. Also why is the Jones' Blessing thing broken, wtf we should be able to get them forever. -Every barb on every server puts on the anniversary blessing-"

Wow... you're an idiot. You've completely missed the point that so many people are upset right now. I'm not in the same state of mind they are, but their complaint is valid and real and actually has little to do with what you quoted or posted about.

Read the whole "welcome the new mods" thread and you'll see exactly why people are pissed. All of the other reasons you mention are just the decorations on top of the icing on the cake.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nacho_Nacho - Raging Tide
    Nacho_Nacho - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Gee...I miss Open Beta.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know what your right (and longknife makes a great point)... scratch my previous post...

So now tell us all "Calmly" what this is about...

What are your demands

How do you think we can logically solve this

What would be your opinion on the matters involved...

Be the voice you are so loudly claiming to possess

You get more flies with honey after all
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sure, why not. At this point the banhammer is fierce. I am only speaking the TRUTH and conveying the feelings of this community.

Customer support will protect the players ^_^ no fear
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wow... you're an idiot. You've completely missed the point that so many people are upset right now. I'm not in the same state of mind they are, but their complaint is valid and real and actually has little to do with what you quoted or posted about.

Read the whole "welcome the new mods" thread and you'll see exactly why people are pissed. All of the other reasons you mention are just the decorations on top of the icing on the cake.

Did you read the post that quote was replying to? Or any part of the convo I've had so far here? I'm answering points made by a dude just like...two flippin' minutes ago.

Other than that, y'know I'm sick of the fact that every time I talk to someone on these forums, it's all this vague ****. That's an 80-page thread, and you want me to go read the whole thing? Why don't you just tell me the problem? Or what I'm missing out on, since I already asked people what the issue was and got an answer (which may or may not be the "correct answer," you tell me).

But everytime someone talks on these forums it's "they need to stop doing ****" or "they need to make good changes." Well how about defining "****" and "good changes" for once. The dramatic speeches are nice and all, but they always seem to fall flat as far as the actual substance goes.

Getting sick of all the dramatic rhetoric that lacks in any actual SUGGESTIONS or CRITICISM. Just vague dramatic rhetoric that could be applied to...well freaking anything.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know what your right (and longknife makes a great point)... scratch my previous post...

So now tell us all "Calmly" what this is about...

What are your demands

How do you think we can logically solve this

What would be your opinion on the matters involved...

Be the voice you are so loudly claiming to possess

You get more flies with honey after all
    No, you get more honey with goatse-- er, nevermind.

And Longknife which game do you refer to? I was actually asking out of curiosity, not to be a part of whatever the **** you were on a tangent about.. lol.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And Longknife which game do you refer to? I was actually asking out of curiosity, not to be a part of whatever the **** you were on a tangent about.. lol.

Nah I didn't mean to imply you were trying to be apart of it.

I just mean I find it funny that I often hear "PWI IZ SO MUCH MORE GREEDY THAN OTHER GAMES," and then wtf we have you, me and Loki talking about three different other MMOs with far more ridiculous prices.

The game I'm talking about is a deceiving little **** that talks about flying as if it were something special and the main purpose of the game, and then when you play you realize flying is a very VERY optional form of transportation with 0 involvement in PVP and VERY limited involvement in PvE.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Masuna - Harshlands
    Masuna - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    seriously, who the ** cares about mods when the devs are slowly killin the game? i and the majority of ppl i know are just waiting for a better game to come around since Perfectworld's balance of cash shoppers, mild cash shoppers and non cash shoppers is gone now for good. i agree with rose but... what does it matter when the game we love is going going soon to b gone?
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sounds like flyff b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Did you read the post that quote was replying to? Or any part of the convo I've had so far here? I'm answering points made by a dude just like...two flippin' minutes ago.

Other than that, y'know I'm sick of the fact that every time I talk to someone on these forums, it's all this vague ****. That's an 80-page thread, and you want me to go read the whole thing? Why don't you just tell me the problem? Or what I'm missing out on, since I already asked people what the issue was and got an answer (which may or may not be the "correct answer," you tell me).

But everytime someone talks on these forums it's "they need to stop doing ****" or "they need to make good changes." Well how about defining "****" and "good changes" for once. The dramatic speeches are nice and all, but they always seem to fall flat as far as the actual substance goes.

Getting sick of all the dramatic rhetoric that lacks in any actual SUGGESTIONS or CRITICISM. Just vague dramatic rhetoric that could be applied to...well freaking anything.
    Ok, read this thread's 1st post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=876622

Read this post (from the same thread, later):

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10409782#post10409782

Then the series of reactions following it.

Hopefully you'll get it after. I think everyone was too lazy to find it. I couldn't resist. :P
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    '' the fact is PWI has better service and provides cheaper prices than most MMOs. There's apparently people on PWI from at least three other MMOs that charge way more. ''

I quess you must navigate your internet browser to p2p mmorpg's and you will notice that monthly subscription for top p2p mmorpgs is 14-15 Euro in month. If you spend 14-15 $ in month on PWI, you are still kinda bankrupt. Sure, you can say '' watch out how you spending your coins '', but as far i remember you can charge min. amount of zhen 1000 = 10 $ = arround 4M coins and 4M in PWI are a joke already in lvl 70 +. And you are speaking about stable prices. Eh...you are somewhere over the rainbow.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Longknife:
    Ok, read this thread's 1st post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=876622

Read this post (from the same thread, later):

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10409782#post10409782

Then the series of reactions following it.

Hopefully you'll get it after. I think everyone was too lazy to find it. I couldn't resist. :P

Thank you.

Not that I'm all gung ho with hunting the mods with a pitchfork and a hanging noose, but too many people are coming in here pretending to know what's going on and offering BS criticism when they have no idea what really happened to **** off a large portion of what was actually part of a really loyal player base here. Sure, they don't represent everyone, but the BS perpetrated is being rightly criticized. I honestly don't give much more than two rat's asses about it, but it's pathetic to see everyone come in after the fact, read a few lines from a post and assume to know everything and become so flatulently decided on the issue.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.