I am going to say my piece and be done...

Comments

• haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just for recording purposes, so it's in the same thread, I made a similar post in another thread at much the same time as this (better) thread by Reds.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10429512&postcount=4

There was a nice and concise post also made that I saw, posted by a senior player and a top geezer:
    Of course, what you, I, and 90% of the forums realizes is that we're not a bunch of lawless thugs in need of discipline, but rather a large group of otherwise law-abiding citizens who are tired of being lied to and ignored.

As a side note, I liked Konra, he was popular and I remember very well many forum regulars calling for him to be a mod in the first instance. Such a pity what happened, he didn't deserve to be hounded and credit to him for wanting to further help the community he so enjoyed many hours with. Such a shame that the situation is as is, with the charade and everything else. Before anyone says, I would very much doubt Konra laid the foundations for the charade. Konra, credit to you, you have my respect.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    '' the fact is PWI has better service and provides cheaper prices than most MMOs. There's apparently people on PWI from at least three other MMOs that charge way more. ''

I quess you must navigate your internet browser to p2p mmorpg's and you will notice that monthly subscription for top p2p mmorpgs is 14-15 Euro in month. If you spend 14-15 $ in month on PWI, you are still kinda bankrupt. Sure, you can say '' watch out how you spending your coins '', but as far i remember you can charge min. amount of zhen 1000 = 10 $ = arround 4M coins and 4M in PWI are a joke already in lvl 70 +. And you are speaking about stable prices. Eh...you are somewhere over the rainbow.

As you see, my hero now at 76 level.

I had not spent even 1 $.

My hero has maxed all possible for his level skills and has good equipment.

You can seek information at this forum about players, that have billions (I am not one from them) and had not spent real money.

What you mean by "4M in PWI are a joke already in lvl 70 +" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok, read this thread's 1st post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=876622

Read this post (from the same thread, later):

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10409782#post10409782

Then the series of reactions following it.

Hopefully you'll get it after. I think everyone was too lazy to find it. I couldn't resist. :P

You know I had just browsed through it the first time.. But now I am in the process of reading the whole thing... And it seems that from page 1 it was just here are your new mods and then everyone just started attacking the new mods...

Biggest argument... "we deserve to know who the new mods are" kind of funny to say that when the first post was the names of each mod a little in there background and forum modding history (other forums) and it was titled meet the new moderators.

Second argument was we don't know these people... Its a business and this is a job ( a volunteer job but a job none the less) Its the companies choice on who they pick not the customers.

At every turn the mods themselves defended themselves from attack after attack and did so politely... Even though I haven't gotten there yet I can already picture what happened... One person crossed the line and said to much which angered the rest and so a mass banning occured in a short time which then overflowed into other threads and individuals across the forum. (Degrees in physcology and sociology ftw)

In short the whole thing started out as a powder keg that (from what I am seeing was started by the players involved) not the gm staff... Then again I could be wrong but here goes for more on the page turner.... And its 5 in the morning... Thank god I don't have work today
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You know what your right (and longknife makes a great point)... scratch my previous post...

So now tell us all "Calmly" what this is about...

What are your demands
    1)Respect-since people do pay for this service (they dont have to) it would be nice if there was a more over sense of understanding. Foolishly calling people nitpicking on the TW rules for example when people had, like myself, asked calmly for clarification....that there is something that could be improved upon. It makes me feel a bit...shafted(?) when I feel that the people don't trust me when I haven't given them a reason to distrust me. Thats just one tiny example (which is all forum searchable mind you) of what I mean by "respect" (not wanting to derail the thread or anything b:surrender)
    2) "Transparency"-no don't tell use what's gonna happen in every patch update but at least let us know who's getting let back in. I had to navigate that thread about the new mods to fully understand what had happened. Ive been on the forums longer than this char says (since my old cleric was on HT and I stopped playing and posting on that char) but because of that I don't think I'm any less of a valid voice as some of our most vocal community players.

How do you think we can logically solve this

You tell me-there have been suggestions and its been buried in the flames of others. I'm not going to rehash what has been suggested and tbh the things being requested are things many of the "old greats" used to run. But I would say a more active presence is the main solution and by active presence I mean posting in an individual "voice" not what would appear to be a regurgitated response feed from PWCN.

What would be your opinion on the matters involved...

I honestly dont think anything will change about it, but I know there are people behind those GM masks. It is kind of out of their control and this whole mess is like what I like to call the "Gaia Online" syndrom. Where the devs are the ones in control and the Gms/Mods have NO control over anything, which made it become a place I no longer wanted to go to.

Be the voice you are so loudly claiming to possess

You get more flies with honey after all

And it does do a bit of good to not be snipped so much that the tone can be mistaken for insulting D:

So if this isn't calm then I quit and you all have gone bonkers with the "Gaia Online" syndrom ijs. I haven't really spent that much either even though my achievement says something else (gold market buying ftw?) and I earn pretty much everything I have. Reds does have a legitimate approach whether you agree with her views or not and she has backed it up with logic. I'll come back in a bit to address "details" on people who keep shouting for "you say things are **** and you want better changes but you don't list them/explain" or something to that effect.

And Loki I think youre missing the point here-its the fact of not feeling trusted or feeling lied to that is the biggest concern here (as the identity of one person was called into question) and as such felt the instinctive urge to be rectified. You don't need a degree in psychology and sociology to see where people are coming from and what defines what they see as arguing for. Not so much that the players "started it" but that by putting this out there, the new mods are called into question because of their backgrounds (which in all honesty is a legitimate concern and just like when new people get hired, a consumer is allowed to call that new persons credits into question. You wouldn't want someone who has absolutely no food safety background working in a kitchen at a 5 star restaurant would you?) Im not saying it was handled with the best maturity but what's done is done. How to go about fixing it? No clue.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    So if this isn't calm then I quit and you all have gone bonkers with the "Gaia Online" syndrom ijs. I haven't really spent that much either even though my achievement says something else (gold market buying ftw?) and I earn pretty much everything I have. Reds does have a legitimate approach whether you agree with her views or not and she has backed it up with logic. I'll come back in a bit to address "details" on people who keep shouting for "you say things are **** and you want better changes but you don't list them/explain" or something to that effect.

And Loki I think youre missing the point here-its the fact of not feeling trusted or feeling lied to that is the biggest concern here (as the identity of one person was called into question) and as such felt the instinctive urge to be rectified. You don't need a degree in psychology and sociology to see where people are coming from and what defines what they see as arguing for. Not so much that the players "started it" but that by putting this out there, the new mods are called into question because of their backgrounds (which in all honesty is a legitimate concern and just like when new people get hired, a consumer is allowed to call that new persons credits into question. You wouldn't want someone who has absolutely no food safety background working in a kitchen at a 5 star restaurant would you?) Im not saying it was handled with the best maturity but what's done is done. How to go about fixing it? No clue.

Thank you... I agree fully on the issue that just by having an active, visible, and dedicated mod staff could solve a lot of the problems

My degree's.. I wasn't completely honest there... I have a degree in criminal justice with a minor in physcology. My main focus was in social structure and behaviour (sociology).... Forums and gaming for me is a place to watch and study how people interact on a distant and verbal level.

I love a few of the posts coming into here... I will admit when I first started reading some of this when I got home from work yesterday I broke my own rule... I got angry and began posting with facts as I had seen them. Rather than watching... And so I have myself been caught up in this.

Now if I had any power whatso ever I would take yours... and several others posts just from this thread to the admin and say... this is what needs to be done to fix this... And I would advise the folloing to be your dedicated forum mods under a sort of trail run.

Now with past experiences I can say this... Forum mods have no say on what goes on in game. They generally have no more information about coming patches than the players. At best they can forward concerns of the community to the developer. And 9 times out of 10 they are not payed.

I sympathise with your feeling of not being trusted... That goes back to a dedicated game forum mod team, that is not changed frequently... We need people across multiple servers multiple classes and multiple lvls both in game and experience in forums modding and usage.

I think I will actually try to pm one of the mods and see what gets done and we will go from there with this post.... Who knows maybe something productive gets done

PS I found the first ban.... Just a single post by NightRage and on that post it has one line

Over the line (guessing was modded and deleted)

anyways the reading continues

20 hours straight with no sleep FTW!!!!
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The positive part of all this will be eventually "the people" will be satisfied and all the others who got banned will be gone. And thus the forums will be a better place.

If only most had level heads like RedsRose, things would not have gone this far.

Im looking forward to the PWI forums.b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Everytime I log on, poeple find another huge problem with the forums. I should stop logging on, I'm like a bad luck charm. b:avoid b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As you see, my hero now at 76 level.

I had not spent even 1 $.

My hero has maxed all possible for his level skills and has good equipment.

You can seek information at this forum about players, that have billions (I am not one from them) and had not spent real money.

What you mean by "4M in PWI are a joke already in lvl 70 +" ?

Yeah, sure. Everyone have his own playing style. You choose to lvl slow and i quess you farm nonstop something, fine if this is your definition of fun.Grats. But i quess most of the people have other definition of fun. I have better things to do in my life as to farm 24/7 video game herbs, mats,....and im also not willing to setup a 24/7 shop in a video game. The difference between me and you is, that you have other definition of '' fun and normal ''.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010

The mods backgrounds? Look at the first post in that thread. Grim has been ex-admin and ex-mod of several other forums. Do you need further explanations? Just because he was a forum spammer as a normal poster doesn't mean he is going to be a spammer as a mod does it?

Could we not have given him the benefit of the doubt as a moderator? We could all act differently at our jobs you know.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, sure. Everyone have his own playing style. You choose to lvl slow and i quess you farm nonstop something, fine if this is your definition of fun.Grats. But i quess most of the people have other definition of fun. I have better things to do in my life as to farm 24/7 video game herbs, mats,....and im also not willing to setup a 24/7 shop in a video game. The difference between me and you is, that you have other definition of '' fun and normal ''.

I had not set cat shop at least once.

And I don't farm (herbs, mats, ...) 24/7.

But afer all possible BHs and FBs I play solo sometimes.

This game is sandbox and you choose your style.

I not see big difference between level 100 quests, mobs, bhs, fbs and 7X level quests, mobs, bhs, fbs.

You level up, but mobs level up too and you had to spend more and more ... something for high level mobs and bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    The mods backgrounds? Look at the first post in that thread. Grim has been ex-admin and ex-mod of several other forums. Do you need further explanations? Just because he was a forum spammer as a normal poster doesn't mean he is going to be a spammer as a mod does it?

Could we not have given him the benefit of the doubt as a moderator? We could all act differently at our jobs you know.

Exactly... In game and on vent I am lewd perverted sexist a-hole.... I work in the security field... do the math
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Exactly... In game and on vent I am lewd perverted sexist a-hole.... I work in the security field... do the math
    Prison is a secured field.......... b:avoid

I'm just kidding. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Prison is a secured field.......... b:avoid

I'm just kidding. b:laugh

HAHA been there done that... As a guard not a guest.... I got whistled at alotb:shockedb:surrender
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    since obama went into office..pwi went down hill too.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Reds, what a great thread.. I havent gotten a chance to read all the posts, but I will. I agree with you 100% on this. Hopefully things will chill out, but in the meantime all it is, is hope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Let's start a revolution and overthrow oppressive authority figures b:laugh
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    On page 52 of the thread.... Apparently Hamsta has physcic powersb:sleep
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    HAHA been there done that... As a guard not a guest.... I got whistled at alotb:shockedb:surrender
    LOL! This sir has made my day! ^^

As for the subject of this thread, I mostly agree with the thread starter. I might not post here much but I do on other forums so I can understand where she's coming from.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Soooooooooooo any response from a GM or Mod in this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Soooooooooooo any response from a GM or Mod in this thread?

No, nor do I expect to see one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Ok almost 8 in the morning and finally finished reading the whole thing.... The mass banning started at page 79 where the mod stated any further attacks on mod staff will result in a permanent ban.... and over the next 4 pages (and multiple threads in general discussion). The main instigators were singled out and permanently banned.

One person made the comment about how he thought it was funny people walking circles around a hungry lion with sticks and then being surprised when it started biting people.

As for the op of this thread... God I need to go back and read... and I still need to find of these new forum mods and forward some of these posts.... But first I am going to get some sleep. I been up for almost 25 hours straight...

2 days off every 3 days FTWb:victoryb:sleep
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No, nor do I expect to see one.

Well since now the mod's have not yet shown them selves here...I am sure you'll be getting your response one way or the other :\
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think Frankie starts work at 10am his time lol, so give it another 4 hours
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    I'm not even sure what you want them to do. GMs clearly do not have any say on what updates we get. That should've been obvious a long time ago, and yet you people keep bringing it up.

On forums, trolling/spam isn't allowed. Even if you think it's nice/light-hearted/for good of the game. I'd say frankie's been pretty lenient letting so many people troll the forums for so long. So is insulting mods/admins. If you have a complaint about them, you're supposed to use ticketing system, regardless of how useless you think it is.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well since now the mod's have not yet shown them selves here...I am sure you'll be getting your response one way or the other :\

I swear I saw -removed- posting and closing and moving threads like 2 minutes ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As for the op of this thread... God I need to go back and read... and I still need to find of these new forum mods and forward some of these posts....

What does that mean?

There is nothing to forward to anyone.

This has and is an AMAZING discussion thread, one in which this forum needs. (Most definitely what I expected to see tbh).

Keep discussing everyone!! I am enjoying reading the different views and this is proof we can be civil and yet still have opinions!

<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I swear I saw -removed- posting and closing and moving threads like 2 minutes ago

Mods destroyed the HT section. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited October 2010

Shelly removed my beautiful nickname for Grim :(
    D'aw *patpat* I sowwy <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Let's rebuild it ! But bigger b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]