I am going to say my piece and be done...

Comments

• lolsaucexd
    lolsaucexd Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    since obama went into office..pwi went down hill too.

Is it because Obama is a black man? Lol. Ever since George Washington was in office, things went downhill. b:bye
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You know I really have to laugh.

People say this issue will be forgotten in a week and I'm sad to say I agree. Why? The proof of it is right here.

The mods thread. I stated my concerns honestly and in a civil manner. It may have been brutal honesty, but it was civil. I clarified my points, I clarified my concerns, and I kept things concise. I have people in this thread who can vouch for me doing such a thing, too.

Yet, the instant I get tired of trying to be civil, because these civil complaints are ignored and brushed away like they never existed in the first place, and the instant that I do, in effect, start asking for a ban through my own choice to break rules, this fact is completely forgotten.

I'm no longer the person who posted honest and legitimate concerns in that moderator thread, I'm no longer somebody who was and remained civil until I got so sick and tired of being ignored I threw caution to the four winds. No. Now, the instant I start doing something else:
    then you have posts made by airyll;
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10413012&postcount=797
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10411532&postcount=715
    among many other threads.. insults.. and profane terms later. whereas the martyrs were well behaved, civilized posters. *except mistabwanden, he went kind of over board on his behavior*

People will turn around and accuse me of speaking as if I were never civil in the first place? People on this forums are calling out for me to be banned, because I lost my patience with being honest and civil in the face of a staff team who refuses to listen.

You have a huge thread here - threads that GMs and/or moderators have been online for - and it was as brutally honest and as nicely civil as my first several posts in the mod thread were if not even more so. Where are your Mods? Where are your GMs?

In the face of this civil, well-thought out, concise, very clear message that slanders nobody is the staff team it's directed at?

Why does our Community Manager see fit to manage the negative and completely ignore the civil complaints? And yet you claim him to just be doing his job. Sorry, folks. As a Community Manager, a CM, and not a moderator or just a normal GM, it is his job to look at these things and it is his job to show he has at least read this and understands our concerns, even if he can do nothing about them. Yet here this civil complaint goes; unanswered and ignored. Your own CM has not reassured you he is reading the civil complaints, although of course he will openly prove to you that he acts on the negative because god forbid somebody call him out on the poor management he's shown.

Call me what you like. *****, ****, ****er, rule breaker, you can call me whatever. You only prove how very fast this forum is to completely forget the good posts people make, completely forget who the honest people were and the honest people are the instant you can fault them. You only prove how broken this community is on it's own, without the help of a CM who can't communicate and manage his own community, and moderators who have made poor decisions already and the outcome is not looking very good for those either. You only prove how broken this community has become when you reject and ignore the fact I was once posting as honestly as Reds was.

The difference is, I just lost patience. If you want me to be banned for losing my patience, after being civil, after taking it to PMs the way I was instructed? Go ahead. I won't stop you. Have fun with it.

This thread is one of the best threads to come out of the chaos on these forums, and unlike nearly every other thread which was less civil or more troll, but said the same things, it has been completely ignored. Not even a response from the staff team to simply say they have read it.

And you ask us why we have issues with our CM and the decisions he makes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010

People say this issue will be forgotten in a week and I'm sad to say I agree. Why? The proof of it is right here.

The mods thread. I stated my concerns honestly and in a civil manner. It may have been brutal honesty, but it was civil. I clarified my points, I clarified my concerns, and I kept things concise. I have people in this thread who can vouch for me doing such a thing, too.

Yet, the instant I get tired of trying to be civil, because these civil complaints are ignored and brushed away like they never existed in the first place, and the instant that I do, in effect, start asking for a ban through my own choice to break rules, this fact is completely forgotten.

I'm no longer the person who posted honest and legitimate concerns in that moderator thread, I'm no longer somebody who was and remained civil until I got so sick and tired of being ignored I threw caution to the four winds. No. Now, the instant I start doing something else:

People will turn around and accuse me of being a rabid dog? People on this forums are calling out for me to be banned, because I lost my patience with being honest and civil in the face of a staff team who refuses to listen.

You have a huge thread here - threads that GMs and/or moderators have been online for - and it was as brutally honest and as nicely civil as my first several posts in the mod thread were if not even more so. Where are your Mods? Where are your GMs?

In the face of this civil, well-thought out, concise, very clear message that slanders nobody is the staff team it's directed at?

Why does our Community Manager see fit to manage the negative and completely ignore the civil complaints? And yet you claim him to just be doing his job. Sorry, folks. As a Community Manager, a CM, and not a moderator or just a normal GM, it is his job to look at these things and it is his job to show he has at least read this and understands our concerns, even if he can do nothing about them. Yet here this civil complaint goes; unanswered and ignored. Your own CM has not reassured you he is reading the civil complaints, although of course he will openly prove to you that he acts on the negative because god forbid somebody call him out on the poor management he's shown.

Call me what you like. *****, ****, ****er, rule breaker, you can call me whatever. You only prove how very fast this forum is to completely forget the good posts people make, completely forget who the honest people were and the honest people are the instant you can fault them. You only prove how broken this community is on it's own, without the help of a CM who can't communicate and manage his own community, and moderators who have made poor decisions already and the outcome is not looking very good for those either. You only prove how broken this community has become when you reject and ignore the fact I was once posting as honestly as Reds was.

The difference is, I just lost patience. If you want me to be banned for losing my patience, after being civil, after taking it to PMs the way I was instructed? Go ahead. I won't stop you. Have fun with it.

This thread is one of the best threads to come out of the chaos on these forums, and unlike nearly every other thread which was less civil or more troll, but said the same things, it has been completely ignored. Not even a response from the staff team to simply say they have read it.

+1

*vote of confidence for Airy*

b:dirty
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010

People will turn around and accuse me of speaking as if I were never civil in the first place? People on this forums are calling out for me to be banned, because I lost my patience with being honest and civil in the face of a staff team who refuses to listen.

b:kiss

amazing post +2
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I can acknowledge that NightRage was in the same boat as well. He did make an effort that night to say something meaningful.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I kind of missed the whole drama thing and there's a LOT to sift through so tell me if I'm missing anything:

- a few new mods were announced and everyone got their panties in a bunch because they didn't know any of them
    - one of them was Konari in disguise and apparently everyone hates Konari (why though? it's been awhile since I've seen him do anything moddy but I don't remember him abusing his powers or anything like that...)
    - people were banned. like I said, a lot to sift through and I'm sure the most offensive posts were edited or deleted, but I'm willing to bet the majority of the people banned deserved it for some reason or another (because, you know, treating the mods/GMs like **** IS against the rules, which is what I gather went on)

is that it? is there something big that I'm missing? because that really doesn't sound like such a big deal as the half dozen or so threads I've seen about it would make it out to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I don't know what people had against Konari, someone fill me in on that. That was news to me when someone posted what they said after figuring out that the third mod was Konari.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I kind of missed the whole drama thing and there's a LOT to sift through so tell me if I'm missing anything:

- a few new mods were announced and everyone got their panties in a bunch because they didn't know any of them

Three mods, Konari resigned soon after someone let the cat out of the bag.
    The other two are Shelly, who is from FW forum, and GrimReaper, who before being appointed mod, was a spammer and was involved with some weird *** threads that could belong on redtube.

- people were banned. like I said, a lot to sift through and I'm sure the most offensive posts were edited or deleted, but I'm willing to bet the majority of the people banned deserved it for some reason or another (because, you know, treating the mods/GMs like **** IS against the rules, which is what I gather went on)

Some of these people didn't exactly rage at Gms/mods in the posts that got them banned. Honestly, I have bashed the mods/GMs in my For you all <3 Thread and it still open after 12 hours, and I have yet to get banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

- one of them was Konari in disguise and apparently everyone hates Konari (why though? it's been awhile since I've seen him do anything moddy but I don't remember him abusing his powers or anything like that...)

is that it? is there something big that I'm missing? because that really doesn't sound like such a big deal as the half dozen or so threads I've seen about it would make it out to be.

read the TW rules thread first post of the Update
    Read the link of the first post a mod posted in my sig

and wonder why some are upset b:surrender
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PWE needs to lrn2consistency.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you Know I Really Have To Laugh.

People Say This Issue Will Be Forgotten In A Week And I'm Sad To Say I Agree. Why? The Proof Of It Is right Here.

The Mods Thread. I Stated My Concerns Honestly And In A Civil Manner. It May Have Been Brutal Honesty, But It Was Civil. I Clarified My Points, I Clarified My Concerns, And I Kept Things Concise. I Have People In This Thread Who Can Vouch For Me Doing Such A Thing, Too.

Yet, The Instant I Get tired Of Trying To Be Civil, Because These Civil Complaints Are Ignored And Brushed Away Like They Never Existed In The First Place, And The Instant That I Do, In Effect, Start Asking For A Ban Through My Own Choice To Break Rules, This Fact Is completely Forgotten.

I'm No Longer The Person Who Posted Honest And Legitimate Concerns In That Moderator Thread, I'm No Longer Somebody Who Was And Remained Civil Until I Got So Sick And Tired Of Being Ignored I Threw Caution To The Four Winds. No. Now, The instant I Start Doing Something Else:

People Will Turn Around And Accuse Me Of Speaking As If I Were Never Civil In The First Place? People On This Forums Are Calling Out For Me To Be Banned, Because I Lost My Patience With Being Honest And Civil In The Face Of A Staff Team Who Refuses To Listen.

You Have A huge Thread Here - Threads That Gms And/or Moderators have Been Online For - And It Was As Brutally Honest And As Nicely Civil As My First Several Posts In The Mod Thread Were If Not Even More So. Where Are Your Mods? Where Are Your Gms?

In The Face Of This civil, Well-thought Out, Concise, Very Clear Message That Slanders Nobody Is The Staff Team It's Directed At?

Why Does Our community Manager See Fit To Manage The Negative And completely Ignore The Civil Complaints? And Yet You Claim Him To Just Be Doing His Job. Sorry, Folks. As A Community Manager, A Cm, And not A Moderator Or Just A Normal Gm, It is His Job To Look At These Things And It is His Job To Show He Has At Least Read This And Understands Our Concerns, Even If He Can Do nothing About Them. Yet Here This Civil Complaint Goes; Unanswered And Ignored. Your Own Cm Has Not Reassured You He Is Reading The Civil Complaints, Although Of Course He Will Openly Prove To You That He Acts On The Negative Because God Forbid Somebody Call Him Out On The Poor Management He's Shown.

Call Me What You Like. *****, ****, ****er, Rule Breaker, You Can Call Me Whatever. You Only Prove How Very Fast This Forum Is To completely Forget The Good Posts People Make, completely Forget Who The Honest People were And The Honest People are The Instant You Can Fault Them. You Only Prove How Broken This Community Is On It's Own, Without The Help Of A Cm Who Can't Communicate And Manage His Own Community, And Moderators Who Have Made Poor Decisions Already And The Outcome Is Not Looking Very Good For Those Either. You Only Prove How Broken This Community Has Become When You Reject And Ignore The Fact I Was Once Posting As Honestly As Reds Was.

The Difference Is, I Just Lost Patience. If You Want Me To Be Banned For Losing My Patience, After Being Civil, After Taking It To Pms The Way I Was Instructed? Go Ahead. I Won't Stop You. Have Fun With It.

This Thread Is One Of The Best Threads To Come Out Of The Chaos On These Forums, And Unlike nearly Every Other Thread Which Was Less Civil Or More Troll, But Said The same Things, It Has Been completely Ignored. Not Even A Response From The Staff Team To Simply Say They Have Read It.

And You Ask Us Why We Have Issues With Our Cm And The Decisions He Makes.

+1 <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    <- *is totally out of the loop with the subject of the next question*

So what happened to Spoons? He was pretty cool.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Stuff

A lot of this anger isn't just the new mods.

I know a good dozen people who are still furious at a statement Kanto made in the TW rules thread. After posting the rules, a great number of people were concerned about what precisely they meant, as the rules themselves had been vague and not terribly clear.

After these people asked for clarification, simply so as to better understand, Kanto made this statement:
    Kantorek wrote: »
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them.

He accused everybody who asked for clarification, simply so they could follow the very rules he posted, as intending to abuse the rules. This was an insult to a huge, huge number of players.

An insult he, nor the CM Frankie, has answered for, and I refuse to let this go away. How dare GMs and CM alike allow such insulting statements to be made, but the instant somebody raises their little finger against them in a manner half as insulting they are banned. Are CMs and GMs not applicable to the same forum-going rules we are? Are they not supposed to be setting an example?

I will not left that blanket statement of insult go unchallenged, and if I get banned for doing so, so be it.

That's just one example of why this community is so angry. The new moderators themselves (with the exception of Grim I do suppose) were not such an issue. It was who they were, or what we knew of them, and the simple fact we wanted moderators we knew we could trust. God knows, this forum needs staff it can trust.

Now, keep this in mind. Staff we can trust.

They lied to us about Konari being made a mod yet again in the face of his past failures.

STAFF WE CAN TRUST.

STAFF LIE TO US ABOUT WHO IS EFFECTIVELY GAINING POWER.

STAFF WE CAN TRUST.

Surely you are seeing the huge flaw in there.

It is not that people are angry with Konari. People are angry with what I just said. We asked for staff we can trust. Our very CM lied to us about the people he chose to put into moderator power. If that is not concerning, I'm not sure you can be convinced much further.

This anger is about several things all bundled into one. The community has been seriously holding back on the things that make it angry. This was the straw that broke the camel's back, and all hell has since broken loose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    read the TW rules thread first post of the Update
    Read the link of the first post a mod posted in my sig

and wonder why some are upset b:surrender

No comment on the TW thread... I was never involved in TW so I don't understand what's particularly upsetting about it.

As for the mod's first post... lol. I can see how that would sound ridiculous without context, but cmon. Anyone with common sense could discern that she isn't saying "lol we're gonna do whatever we like whether you like it or not!" It sounds to me like she's saying she knows people are going to criticize her modding regardless of whether or not she makes the right decisions, and she's ready for that. Could have been worded better, but it's not a bad thing to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010

+1 to airyll
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    No comment on the TW thread... I was never involved in TW so I don't understand what's particularly upsetting about it.

As for the mod's first post... lol. I can see how that would sound ridiculous without context, but cmon. Anyone with common sense could discern that she isn't saying "lol we're gonna do whatever we like whether you like it or not!" It sounds to me like she's saying she knows people are going to criticize her modding regardless of whether or not she makes the right decisions, and she's ready for that. Could have been worded better, but it's not a bad thing to say.

1) ↑ See my post above yours. You'll work it out.

2) This is true. Technically, Shelly's intentions were good. However, she sounded arrogant, and to many this in itself helped fuel the fire. Miscommunication as it may be, it was a very bad time for a moderator to start sounding arrogant, when people were already questioning why such an unknown face had been brought onto their forums.

You're right. Shelly's post wasn't necessarily intended to sound the way it did. But it still sounded like it, and this still made many people angry and even more wary of the moderators they already did not trust to be good staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

He posted rules that didnt explain enough to fully understand

then when people asked to clarify he instead called us the ones that breaks the rules. Is that not name shaming?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This anger is about several things all bundled into one. The community has been seriously holding back on the things that make it angry. This was the straw that broke the camel's back, and all hell has since broken loose.

Shouldn't we just take this situation as if this was a complete joke? Like, make some bad jokes and puns and then keep posting like normal. I wasn't one of the people who asked for clarification in that thread so I saw Kanto's comment as something quite normal. It seemed like an insult to me too but as I didn't 'nit pick' I didn't mind it.

I've been here for one year now. I've seen plenty of bad things happen. Still, I don't rage and never will. I'm just going to say "well, I guess it's the end" when that day comes and leave. But for me it will not come very soon.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I gotta say one thing about Kanto, and that he has the balls to admit he is wrong when he realizes it. When a patch came out bugged, it was Kanto who told everyone that Frankie was misinformed, and that it was his fault that Frankie was misinformed.

My thought on that is that Kanto probably felt everyone was truly being nit picky. He didn't mean that weaker factions can no longer participate in TW, the thread was clearly about fake bidding, and "discretion of the GMs" meant they make the final decision. Unfortunately, it's hard to formulate language that will single out fake bids over legitimate bids, and everyone's reaction to what he posted was probably a shock to him. It was a shock to me, to say the least. Has any faction gotten banned yet for bidding on a larger faction? Not on Sanctuary that I would know of.
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010
    I gotta say one thing about Kanto, and that he has the balls to admit he is wrong when he realizes it. When a patch came out bugged, it was Kanto who told everyone that Frankie was misinformed, and that it was his fault that Frankie was misinformed.

My thought on that is that Kanto probably felt everyone was truly being nit picky. He didn't mean that weaker factions can no longer participate in TW, the thread was clearly about fake bidding, and "discretion of the GMs" meant they make the final decision. Unfortunately, it's hard to formulate language that will single out fake bids over legitimate bids, and everyone's reaction to what he posted was probably a shock to him. It was a shock to me, to say the least. Has any faction gotten banned yet for bidding on a larger faction? Not on Sanctuary that I would know of.

Yes, on DW. Some very legitimate bids too.
    edited October 2010
    A lot of this anger isn't just the new mods.

I know a good dozen people who are still furious at a statement Kanto made in the TW rules thread. After posting the rules, a great number of people were concerned about what precisely they meant, as the rules themselves had been vague and not terribly clear.

After these people asked for clarification, simply so as to better understand, Kanto made this statement:

He accused everybody who asked for clarification, simply so they could follow the very rules he posted, as intending to abuse the rules. This was an insult to a huge, huge number of players.

An insult he, nor the CM Frankie, has answered for, and I refuse to let this go away. How dare GMs and CM alike allow such insulting statements to be made, but the instant somebody raises their little finger against them in a manner half as insulting they are banned. Are CMs and GMs not applicable to the same forum-going rules we are? Are they not supposed to be setting an example?

I will not left that blanket statement of insult go unchallenged, and if I get banned for doing so, so be it.

That's just one example of why this community is so angry. The new moderators themselves (with the exception of Grim I do suppose) were not such an issue. It was who they were, or what we knew of them, and the simple fact we wanted moderators we knew we could trust. God knows, this forum needs staff it can trust.

Now, keep this in mind. Staff we can trust.

They lied to us about Konari being made a mod yet again in the face of his past failures.

STAFF WE CAN TRUST.

STAFF LIE TO US ABOUT WHO IS EFFECTIVELY GAINING POWER.

STAFF WE CAN TRUST.

Surely you are seeing the huge flaw in there.

It is not that people are angry with Konari. People are angry with what I just said. We asked for staff we can trust. Our very CM lied to us about the people he chose to put into moderator power. If that is not concerning, I'm not sure you can be convinced much further.

About the TW thread - 41 pages, not gonna read all of it, but by page 5 there were already a few smartass comments about the rules that were obviously not genuine concerns and just there to push buttons. Knowing how fiesty this community can be... well, I don't doubt that there were quite a few more posts like that by the time he made the update. Maybe I'm a little more optimistic than some of the people upset about his comment, but I don't think he meant for it to be directed towards those who had genuine concerns. He's been working for this community for how long now? He could have said it better, sure, but he's human. I doubt that his intent was to be offensive. I just don't think it's a big deal.

As for the staff we can trust, yeah, I get that. And trying to sneak Konari in was just... stupid. No reason for it. Maybe Frankie thought highly of him, but there are thousands of people that play this game - surely there was someone that the community would respond more kindly to than Konari. I feel bad for him, but there was no reason to make him a mod again.

I think I get the picture now though. It's been a few weeks since I've really spent any significant amount of time on this forum, and when I came back earlier today, it seemed like something pretty big happened so I was a little disappointed to find out what caused all the uproar... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Shouldn't we just take this situation as if this was a complete joke? Like, make some bad jokes and puns and then keep posting like normal. I wasn't one of the people who asked for clarification in that thread so I saw Kanto's comment as something quite normal. It seemed like an insult to me too but as I didn't 'nit pick' I didn't mind it.

I've been here for one year now. I've seen plenty of bad things happen. Still, I don't rage and never will. I'm just going to say "well, I guess it's the end" when that day comes and leave. But for me it will not come very soon.

For those who didn't nit pick? Go ahead and take it as a joke.

But I've seen members of this forum banned for less. I won't stand by and let a comment from the GMs as insulting as that slide, joke or not, when they are so ready to bring out the banhammers on members who do half of the same. It's not right. As an admin of two forums and staff of three more, it is not right if your staff get away with insulting members but ban those who would insult them.

If we are going to be told to uphold the rules of this forum, I am going to make damned sure the GMs do the same, because they should be as accountable to forum rules as we are. If a rule says don't swear? You don't swear, whether you're an admin, moderator or normal member.

You're free to take it as a joke, but I'm tired of taking **** from the GMs, be it the fact they will shun their responsibility (as per the Kanto comment) or the fact they will ignore every well thought out and well written post to them. By all means, you're entitled to your opinion.

But this is my opinion. I'm not really laughing.

@ Quilue

If he had simply said everybody was being nit picky? I'd have most certainly agreed and this wouldn't even be an issue.

It was the added statement that everybody being nit picky (which basically comes across as everybody who asked for clarification, and there were a lot) were the people intending to abuse the rules. It was the "abuse the rules" part of the statement that was uncalled for, it was that statement that was the insult, and it is that statement that I am going to challenge until I see it edited and apologised for or until I get banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010

But I've seen members of this forum banned for less. I won't stand by and let a comment from the GMs as insulting as that slide, joke or not, when they are so ready to bring out the banhammers on members who do half of the same. It's not right. As an admin of two forums and staff of three more, it is not right if your staff get away with insulting members but ban those who would insult them.

If we are going to be told to uphold the rules of this forum, I am going to make damned sure the GMs do the same, because they should be as accountable to forum rules as we are. If a rule says don't swear? You don't swear, whether you're an admin, moderator or normal member.

You're free to take it as a joke, but I'm tired of taking **** from the GMs, be it the fact they will shun their responsibility (as per the Kanto comment) or the fact they will ignore every well thought out and well written post to them. By all means, you're entitled to your opinion.

But this is my opinion.

Amen +1. b:surrender
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Nightmare has been banned that means frankie is on or another GM, since mods cant ban. So wonder if we will get a response or not? Who is leaning towards the not option of that question?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1) ↑ See my post above yours. You'll work it out.

2) This is true. Technically, Shelly's intentions were good. However, she sounded arrogant, and to many this in itself helped fuel the fire. Miscommunication as it may be, it was a very bad time for a moderator to start sounding arrogant, when people were already questioning why such an unknown face had been brought onto their forums.

You're right. Shelly's post wasn't necessarily intended to sound the way it did. But it still sounded like it, and this still made many people angry and even more wary of the moderators they already did not trust to be good staff.

Let me correct you, it made trolls/spammers angry cause she said she will do her job...and poff spam/troll threads went bye bye.

So now you all direct your rage on too peeps who by no means have any real power?
    GG!! b:bye

Only person I stand by here is Rose, if you read her post well enuff =/= your rage.

Now your legit concerns with ones with power namely GM's, i feel ya, but spamming and trolling, further more the senseless opening of needless threads just bashes your good intentions.

And to your large post +1
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010

But this is my opinion.

I stopped caring about the forums right after I joined. No matter how good a post or a poll it will never be answered "well" enough by the admins. It's like this on every forum.

If I said: "all forum users who complain are silly cheaters" I doubt mods would say anything. Of course I'm not saying that or anything but still. That's what I compare his comment to. Also, not saying he should say things like that.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Let me correct you, it made trolls/spammers angry cause she said she will do her job...and poff spam/troll threads went bye bye.

So now you all direct your rage on too peeps who by no means have any real power?

Only person I stand by here is Rose, if you read her post well enuff =/= your rage.

Now your legit concerns with ones with power namely GM's, i feel ya, but spamming and trolling, further more the senseless opening of needless threads just bashes your good intentions.

Wat are we suppose to do when we tried what Rose said for HOURS. we almost said the same thing together for hours that night and was ignored JUST like this thread is being ignored right now. You know a wise man once said. Peace talks will only get you so far, sometimes people need to be shown force to do something.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wat are we suppose to do when we tried what Rose said for HOURS. we almost said the same thing together for hours that night and was ignored JUST like this thread is being ignored right now. You know a wise man once said. Peace talks will only get you so far, sometimes people need to be shown force to do something.

But experience shows that force means nothing here, aka it just gets ignored.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

Let me stop you there.

Where did I say that I began to troll immediately after that first post?

I was not talking about myself. I was talking about other forum users. Personally, I felt that first post was arrogant, but as I said then and as I will keep on saying, my real beef is not with these new mods.

Had it been my decision I would never have seen Grim mod. One too many spam posts for my taste. But it was not my decision, and as such I have no say or power on what happens. Understand this: I do not and did not like the choices of new moderator, and I had concerns about some of them being chosen. But did I have an issue with them, themselves? No.

I began to have issues with Grim when he began to parade around that signature insisting we all follow forum rules, as if he had never spammed in his life. However, he took that down after I pointed out my anger at this, and I thank him for that.

Shelly has, if I heard right, made some bad moderating decisions of her own, but as such I have not seen them and I will not judge her. From what I've seen in her posts, I have slight concerns. For instance, PMing her simply to hold a general discussion or ask a general question? I'm concerned that one of our moderators is incapable of holding a normal conversation in public. Very concerned. The tone of some of her posts has annoyed me, too.

But I will say it again and I will keep saying it until people understand: for the most part I am not having issues with the moderators themselves. I have issues as to why they were chosen to be mods, but that is an issue with the person who made the decision. AKA Frankie.

I have concerns about the statement made in the TW thread. That concern lies with the GMs alone.

I have real concerns about the Konari incident. Again that lies with Frankie.

If you read, none of my concerns are with the mods. They involve them, but are not directed at them.

Hopefully I've cleared that up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wow this thread is still goin??? all i can say is this...