Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Get a group of 4-6 people...

Enter HH/TT...

Buff...

Have the squad leader sub the instance...

Enter...

Glance at mob count for bosses if applicable...

Kill mobs...

Run to first boss...

Kill mobs...

Run to second boss...

Repeat above till all bosses are dead...

Mat distribution (although should have been decided at beginning)...

Leave squad...

Watch timer...

Stand in ToA...

^ That is how you farm THE NORMAL WAY...The End b:victory

^ That is how I have always farmed....take it or leave it...tbh I find it pretty easy.

Now....IF you want tips sure, I will be more then happy to give them to you or anyone really. You can ask more then a few people on LC and even on other servers to whom I have talked with and all of them so far have not had an issue.

Oh and I personally (I cannot speak for all) have nvr used any type of ****, etc..there really is no need...LOL!!

Tips and tricks that will make each HH faster = how you run them b:chuckle

People always think hacks because they fail to utilize COMMON SENSE in some of these things...and yes Bor that was directed at you b:cute

b:bye

If you do farm the "normal" way. Then, yay! (huggles and all that)

Now if somone has multiple high level alts they use to farm, then those should be drug outside and stabbed in the eyes.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Typical response from people I wasn't even explicitly talking about (i was talking in general) but I was expecting it.

Simple question. If you think multi-clienting is **** and you don't need it, why defend it? Doesn't take a lot to figure basic psyche out.

Why do you think mob counter was added only to certain instances? Why do you think Dusk Shadow is there to stun you if door is closed? You think it is because people farm it the normal way? Why do you think they added very dangerous random aggro to the bosses worth farming for? /facepalm

(yes random aggro is annoying to "normal" players and farmers, but if you think about it, it wasn't actually even implement for this... of course we get screwed over just because of those who don't farm the normal way).

Just trying to be realistic instead of idealistic, you know.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Nasuchi said additional multi-boxes, being seperate computers, can still ONLY be used for inactive duties like catshops. Opening an instance and especially playing multiple characters in an instance, EVEN on multiple computers is bannable.

And who is Nasuchi, and what direct authority do they have with PWI?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Typical response from people I wasn't even explicitly talking about (i was talking in general) but I was expecting it.

Simple question. If you think multi-clienting is **** and you don't need it, why defend it? Doesn't take a lot to figure basic psyche out.

Why do you think mob counter was added only to certain instances? Why do you think Dusk Shadow is there to stun you if door is closed? You think it is because people farm it the normal way? Why do you think they added very dangerous random aggro to the bosses worth farming for? /facepalm

(yes random aggro is annoying to "normal" players and farmers, but if you think about it, it wasn't actually even implement for this... of course we get screwed over just because of those who don't farm the normal way).

Just trying to be realistic instead of idealistic, you know.

Ok, Look at it this way.

Do you think random aggro + whatever thing they implemented is gonna change anything?

The multi-clienters + multi-boxers laugh at it.

People who do that have no problem, that would be highly good geared sins + bms with 5.0.

One person on cleric and any other charecter (sin for BP), other controlling the fist BMs.

Takes about 10-15 for a boss. What they added was kinda useless.

The 4 hour timer is ok, prevents people from saving the instance. but that is about it.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yashino wrote: »
    you're blind?
    she said 1 account per comp
    Huh?

1) you lack reading comprehension skills OR you're blind.

2) you lack logic. 1 account per computer is expected, or you know a **** to log in on the same account from 2 computers at same time? lol

I said multiboxing in an instance is banable because you need to be physical active at both computers which is not allowed. You can only multibox for inactive duties.

Let me quote that thing for you and increase size cuz you need glasses:

"Yes, multi-boxing is allowed. This is having more than one account online by having more than one computer. However, please note that users need to be actively present with only a main account when playing the game. Any additional online accounts should only be used for inactive duties, such as item vending with a Catshop."

Now I dunno about Rose or others trying to defend multiboxing, but I for sure know of this when ppl said his others are his alts therefore banable: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=837412
    He had a link on top of his post to some ticket, but we can't see it (or I can't anyway) so I guess he had doubts about it also and got that response from PWE.
    lol at you if you think there are a lot of tricks involving doing HH.
    From what I heard there was an exploit to pass closed doors and get to Minister instantly in 3-3. With no kill counter, it made it extremely easy for people that could solo to do Minister + Illusion Lord that fast.

Yes now that got "fixed" since nobody can solo that easily not to mention the kill count being annoying to do.

That was one example of the probably many exploits used by people, but I never heard of others except moving through walls in fb39/69
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ANNOYING FEET STOMPING

Since you feel the need to talk in BIG LETTERS to make you get your point across, and additionally looking like a MORON....

CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN A PLAYER AND A GM THROUGH A TICKET DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFICIAL POSITION ON THIS FORUM. NO MODERATOR OR GM HAS SPECIFICALLY STATED THIS.

IF I WORKED FOR PWI I COULD SAY THAT IF YOU SHAVE YOUR HAIRY BUTT YOU CAN BALANCE A CAN OF SODA ON YOUR HEAD PRIVATELY, BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE IT AN OFFICIAL POSITION!

Also...

YOU GENERALLY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO POST THE CONTENTS OF PRIVATE EMAIL CONVERSATIONS ON THE OPEN FORUM.

/moron
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I Was quoting Asheera, who was using that quote as proof that it was ok to multi-box, meanwhile right in that very quote it said it is not ok to be active on more then 1 of the multi-box accounts, the rest must be passive. If someone is going to post a quote as evidence that something is ok, they might want to READ the quote 1st. I didnt pull up the Nasuchi quote, but rather someone else did.

However if you actually followed the quote links you'd learn the source. Nasuchi is noone, but that person was quoting the Knoledge Base of the PWI site itself (which unfortunately you cant do a link the pull up the direct answer.) However click
    https://support.perfectworld.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15058
    for the knowledge base, and put "multi-boxing" right into the search & it will pull up the exact quote reference. So the quote is right from PWI staff itself.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just read this ffs....

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON
    ....oh and I can find more if you like...

b:surrenderb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2010
    Options
    However if you actually followed the quote links you'd learn the source. Nasuchi is noone, but that person was quoting the Knoledge Base of the PWI site itself (which unfortunately you cant do a link the pull up the direct answer.) However click
    https://support.perfectworld.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15058
    for the knowledge base, and put "multi-boxing" right into the search & it will pull up the exact quote reference. So the quote is right from PWI staff itself.

This is the exact text that is on the Support Knowledgebase:
    Is multi-boxing allowed?
    Yes, multi-boxing is allowed. This is having more than one account online by having more than one computer. However, please note that users need to be actively present with only a main account when playing

It says nothing about what the 2nd client has to be used for except that a user has to be actively present on a main account. It doens't state that they have to be actively present on both accounts. Or that only one may be active and the other has to be passive or any other manufactured stupidity.

As far as the forums and official GM statements are concerned. Multi-clienting is against the rules and is bannable. Multi-boxing is not. There were no other stipulations added to this any number of times this has been answered by a GM on the forums in the last 2 years.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Since you feel the need to talk in BIG LETTERS to make you get your point across, and additionally looking like a MORON....
    Sorry that was because yashino's stupidity amazes me...

He said "you're blind? she said 1 account per comp"... where did I even say to use 1 account with multiple comps? Is it even possible? lmao

Or does account = RL person for you? get a life if so.

Seriously his reply made no sense at all.

I didn't make up those rules I was quoting so don't blame it on me either I talk out of my *** before you even click and check my links, lol

BUUUT what do you guys get from "However, please note that users need to be actively present with only a main account when playing"?

I am pretty sure I understand that as you are NOT allowed to 'play' more characters at the same time. This means you can not act as a squad fighting a mob/boss or anything by yourself, even by multiboxing. You can only use multiple accounts for inactive duties like catshop etc.

But until a GM clarifies I'm talking in vain.
    Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options

It says nothing about what the 2nd client has to be used for except that a user has to be actively present on a main account. It doens't state that they have to be actively present on both accounts. Or that only one may be active and the other has to be passive or any other manufactured stupidity.

As far as the forums and official GM statements are concerned. Multi-clienting is against the rules and is bannable. Multi-boxing is not. There were no other stipulations added to this any number of times this has been answered by a GM on the forums in the last 2 years.

Might be fighting a losing battle here Michael...but at least we tried...and you were so not as lazy as I was b:chuckle

I will put this here again....by a GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Rose your quote only says that multi clienting is not allowed, not that multi boxing is allowed in every possible way ijs.
    Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Rose your quote only says that multi clienting is not allowed, not that multi boxing is allowed in every possible way ijs.

*bangs head on desk*

What did you NOT see here:
    As long as you only run one client per physical computer, you are not violating the Terms of Service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Offensive (by GM/Mod definition) image, enjoy your ban.

Yep this ban is just unbearable. b:bye

I'm still wondering what they are going to do this week to mess things up further. Once again we have no word from frankie or anyone on the topic as we are all still waiting with our arms up in the air. b:angry
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *bangs head on desk*

What did you NOT see here:

Rinse...

...repeat.

Rinse...

...repeat.

Rinse...

...repeat.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

serious /facepalm. You read the 1st 200(?) character excerpt. Click the link that it generates for the entire quote.
    "Yes, multi-boxing is allowed. This is having more than one account online by having more than one computer. However, please note that users need to be actively present with only a main account when playing the game. Any additional online accounts should only be used for inactive duties, such as item vending with a Catshop."

I got that, from the knowledge base, just 5 minutes ago to cut & paste here. The Part in red is important. Also if the second part wasnt there, even in the part you did find, "actively present with only a main account" right there says in english that they cant be active on other accounts.
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    RedsRose I'm going to PK you ingame b:angry b:angry

You guys having fun with the carebears and you didn't called me b:cry
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is totally off topic and I apologize xD

While reading the posts just now I looked at Kitamuras sig. (gratz btw =3) I've noticed it before but this time I fell out of my chair laughing, after trying to picture it with the new font.

Had to share b:victory
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've notice that nothing is going to change.
    Time to quit the game?
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    RedsRose I'm going to PK you ingame

You guys having fun with the carebears and you didn't called me b:cry

b:cry Nuuuuuuuuuuu you hurt...b:cry

Can we call a truce b:sad

<33
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You know.. trying to Mod on forums is not allow b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    serious /facepalm. You read the 1st 200(?) character excerpt. Click the link that it generates for the entire quote.

ih, ok. That's lame. It should generate the whole text instead of linking to a different version.
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry that was because yashino's stupidity amazes me...
    sorry, my stupidity got me my gears, while you're so smart yet qqing for nothingness

He said "you're blind? she said 1 account per comp"... where did I even say to use 1 account with multiple comps? Is it even possible? lmao

Or does account = RL person for you? get a life if so.
    i read forum as im bored of nothing to do in the afternoon, sorry that afternoon summer is hot, dont want to go out.

Seriously his reply made no sense at all.
    you read, you replied, if made no sense then how did you come up with thse comments

b:cute b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    CHANGE IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!! I know i've only been playing for 1.5yrs. I know this post probably means nothing to you. But I love this game. I made a Veno, I invested my hard earned rl cash to get a herc and be able to do TT3-1.

I know someone will complain that I shouldn't have been able to... but I played the game with the goal-posts where they were... now without thought, you just move the goalposts and say "cope" ?? :(

It's certainly not a way to win the hearts of your player base.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What does ijs mean? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What does ijs mean? o.o

"I'm just saying."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    "I'm just saying."

They could have googled it ijs. b:laugh

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=acronym%3A+ijs
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They could have googled it ijs. b:laugh

Of course they could have...but it was an easy answer...ijs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagiCwoLfF - Dreamweaver
    MagiCwoLfF - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TT is dope!!
This discussion has been closed.