Twilight Temple Discussion

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

---

Update

We've spoken with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

---

Update 2 (8-20-2010)

in regards to RedsRose post

We'll test this, and if it turns out to work the way you've described (meaning that the boss acts the same way regardless of kill count), we'll submit this to the devs and see what's going on.

---

Update 3

The Mob Counter was indeed not functioning correctly, and it was subsequently fixed.

The time limit has been increased to 8 hours as well.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    like it matters?

/10char
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    quite simply, THEY SUCK.
    Please stop messing with things that are working already.
    fix the rubber banding and other LONG time bugs.
    Don't fix what ain't broke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    didn't we seen this thread before like 10 times? and maybe... 1 time something happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No discussion needed really.

It's way too hard/nearly impossible.

End of discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually it's quite fun to have such a challenging instance reminds me of the hardest instance in my previous MMO.

Problem is, this shouldn't have happened to TT. This should have been a totally new instance with new drops and items, not to **** up all others who don't have their TT gear by doing this.

And drop rates are completely stupid compared to the difficulty, considering the drop rates in that hardest instance from that other game I'd say 50% chance of gold drop in overall drops per boss at least (or whatever else good loot for some new instance)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    more annoying now. nothing more to add b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You done goofed.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You done goofed.

And consequences will never be the same!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No discussion needed really.

It's way too hard/nearly impossible.

End of discussion.

I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yayyy another discussion b:laugh

Didn't you say TT act 3 has been tweaked a BIT b:chuckle

I think you meant a LOT
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Sky_Runner - Raging Tide
    Sky_Runner - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)

DROP RATES

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

Drop rates based on DPS and unity of the squad...that's borderline genius. But that really mainly works for green mats, and I still like the varying degrees of difficulty to acquire mats (thus not all TT90 mats are 200k, which makes it more interesting).

Also, how would this work with gold mats?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think some of the other threads should have been merged here imo...Most have said their opinions and more then a few threads were having decent discussions on the various bosses and the ramifications of the changes.

Starting a new thread and closing off the others when opinions have been stated might only fuel the above responses out of frustration...I am sry to say.

Merge some of the threads....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yayyy another discussion b:laugh

Didn't you say TT act 3 has been tweaked a BIT b:chuckle

I think you meant a LOT

b:chuckle
    It be standard practice to equate "a bit" to "a lot"
    b:avoid
    THE FIX

STIPULATIONS

DROP RATES

CONCLUSION

Ello multiboxing.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think some of the other threads should have been merged here imo...Most have said their opinions and more then a few threads were having decent discussions on the various bosses and the ramifications of the changes.

Starting a new thread and closing off the others when opinions have been stated might only fuel the above responses out of frustration...I am sry to say.

I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.

I am quoting myself above...See the below thread that for some reason was moved to the D&T section....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=833382

Sorry frankie...but a TON has been said already....(see above thread that should be stickied.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kephras - Raging Tide
    Kephras - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    THE FIX

STIPULATIONS

DROP RATES

CONCLUSION

Traz for dev. Seriously.

TT-squad cannot be opened by fewer than four people, why not simply require it be run with a squad minimum? Or hell, here's an idea - remember the old boss "summoning" pillars in FF? Just add a pillar for each TT boss.
    Don't have four people or more in squad? Sorry, can't summon.
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    THE FIX

STIPULATIONS

DROP RATES

CONCLUSION
    That actually sounds like good idea..... It looks like it would make people learn their classes a bit and make them learn how to work with the other classes. Consideration? And all for Traz as a new dev? xD
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    our server dont seem be able do 3-3 anymore, unless the biggest cashshoppers +10 all / +11's go together. the decent 10-15k hp 5 aps cant rly do emperor and stuff.

nirv change was sad. but doable
    Tw change i hate with the mirage pay. but acceptable in a way.

3-x change and especially 3-3. GTFO its almsot impossible to complete now, and even harder find som1 to go. ppl laugh at you if you pm asking to go 3-3 now.
    it's just radicolous lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Drop rates based on DPS and unity of the squad...that's borderline genius. But that really mainly works for green mats, and I still like the varying degrees of difficulty to acquire mats (thus not all TT90 mats are 200k, which makes it more interesting).

Also, how would this work with gold mats?

You have the base drop rates, and the damages are then used to create a modifier to either up the drop rate or lower it. It's a small function to add onto the current one they use. It shouldn't take more then 1 hour to come up with it, test it, and stamp on it O.K. ....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Let me tell you something.

People with +10 gear are having difficulty completing 3-3. You now need Nirvana and Rank 8 to farm TT99 and you need TT99 to farm TT90.

I am a 94 archer with moderate gear. The new TT3-3 would destroy me and all my friends, we wouldn't be able to farm it. I am not buddies with the elites on my server who could complete the new TT. Random squads never work in terms of need any more because your constant pack sales and other changes have made the majority of the community greedy. Random squads themselves would give me no worthwhile drops for my efforts because I am an archer.

My veno is level 79. She is now unable to go into 3-1 and expect to survive with her own moderate gear when she reaches such a level, she certainly won't be able to use her Hercules to get what she needs and again she would be given the run around in a random squad.

Thank you for implementing this. You have made this game unplayable. At this point my friends have quit, my faction is dying, and I can no longer even begin to look forward to farming my gear. Thanks a bunch.

I'd like a refund on every dime I put into your company because none of you deserve a single bit of it. And I do mean none of you, GMs included. Absolutely none of you deserve a single penny from anybody because the last three or four updates have been so full of **** it isn't funny and you continue to ignore your player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

By doing that, players can state/post/say/type their opinions again, 2nd time, twice, double b:laugh

Too many discussions lately but still, nothing is changed. b:surrender
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When well-geared 101's have a very difficult time doing a 3-3 run, something is seriously wrong with the instance.

So, to get TT90 and TT99 mats, you now need a 100+ squad who already has their TT99's. Brilliant.

To hell with PWI. The one and only goal of Perfect World Entertainment is to extract money from it player base. It's not about new content, it's not about fun, it's not about creativity. It's about money.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.[/QUOTE

Experiences in TT 3-1 Vs. GBA :
      Hp Debuff
    1. Aoe amplify damage/physical defense decreased
    2. Aoe seal
    3. GBA boss hitting tank ( barbarian ) for 9ks and 5ks wearing some 99 and 90 armor
    4. Extreme Difficulty to survive ( charm ticks, crabmeat, apothecary, and genie + 2 clerics)
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    our server dont seem be able do 3-3 anymore, unless the biggest cashshoppers +10 all / +11's go together. the decent 10-15k hp 5 aps cant rly do emperor and stuff.

nirv change was sad. but doable
    Tw change i hate with the mirage pay. but acceptable in a way.

3-x change and especially 3-3. GTFO its almsot impossible to complete now, and even harder find som1 to go. ppl laugh at you if you pm asking to go 3-3 now.
    it's just radicolous lol.
    That's cool if it was a new instance like I said XD

At least for me

Had so much fun in the other game clearing the hardest instance first on server after like 3 months after release, not everything has to be easy cleared in 1 day, gets boring. b:surrender

The only prob is an instance like TT which isn't even the most "End game" there is...
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ Dsholder

See, the trick is you need to brute force it with bloodpaint. You literally CAN'T tank it. 30K HP + Barbs can't tank it. It's all about killing it before it kills you.

I have witnessed this with my own eyes.... if you thought 2 clerics would be useful for rezzing... ha! Think again, because there is no point to rezzing. They get back up with no chi and buffs to get one shot again. Meaning boss gets buffed and even harder to kill.

If you don't kill the boss in 5 minutes... the boss will only get significantly harder.

If even one person in your squad isn't pulling their weight, isn't charmed and dies... your whole squad will get screwed over.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is necessary, but since you're making this the official clearing house for this discussion, I'm reposting what I feel are a couple of the more constructive and/or important comments I've made on this topic.
    drjiggle wrote:
    I would be a lot more willing to accept the difficulty changes, especially in 3-1, if:

a) the drop rates were adjusted correspondingly.

b) the 4 hour timer had been fixed like it should have been.

3-1 has always been a bit of an oddball. It's far easier than even 2-2 and 1-3, even though it is opened at a much higher level. I could solo every boss (with the exception of Djinscream, but even that one seemed possible if I refined my weapon one or two more levels higher). The thing is though, the drop rate in there is horrible. It needed to be easy in order to make it worth your time. When you can do 2 runs and get only 1 Giant Beast's Armor, it's really perfectly reasonable that the runs should take half the time as most others. If you want to make Dark Colluseast ridiculously hard, at least let him drop as well as Ancient Evil or General Wurlord.

3-3 has always been a challenge for a mediocre squad in bad circumstances to run in under 4 hours. Then you added a kill count quest, making it even more time consuming. Then you increased the difficulty of the bosses, making it even more time consuming. Are you starting to see why people were upset when a 4 hour timer was added to instances? Is there really any reason this couldn't be increased to, say, 6 hours? 19 hours?

As I've said before, the changes that are being made don't happen in isolation. All by itself, maybe increasing the difficulty of 3-x wouldn't be such a bad idea, but you mix that in with bad drop rates, instance timers, a messed up economy, a player base that's already kind of miffed, etc. and you have a problem. Start looking at the big picture and considering the overall impact of the changes that are being made.

Last, but not least, I'm going to say again, stop "fixing" things that aren't broken! The problem here is that 5 APS fist BM's (and other interval-based builds) are overpowered with their ability to have permanent 3-sparked attacks. Fix that! Cap attacks per second. Add a cooldown to 3 spark. Fix it how you want, but that's the problem, not one instance here or one instance there that people are farming. All you're doing here is forcing people to move from one easy instance to the next one. And you're making the problem even worse, since it's still the 5 APS BM's who dominate the new "fixed" instances. Sure, it takes them a little longer now, but they still do it twice as fast as anyone else. This is better?

This next one needs a little context. The basic point is that you've made the instances, particularly 3-3, unrealistic for people trying to farm their gear. The only way most people are going to do these is if they already have ridiculously good, cash shopped gear, that's largely only available to people who are already finished with 3-3.
    drjiggle wrote:
    I figured out that I needed pdef charms to take the hits and it was hard but we did it.
    This comment here really sums up the whole problem neatly. I don't know which defense charms you had, but you can break those down into two categories.

1) The ones that can be made with less than level 8 apothecary. Those require chi stones lower than Perfect Stones, which makes them impractical to manufacture in quantity. You either need to buy NPC gear to decompose (ridiculously expensive) or save up the stones from drops (small numbers).

2) The ones that require level 8 (and above) apothecary. Those require a book that is a rare drop found only in FB99 instances. So are we saying that the only way to get your 99 gear now is to first run Seat of Torment and Abaddon for weeks hoping for an apothecary skill book?

Yes, I realize that you can buy the charms or find a friend who can make them for you, but should that really be a prerequisite for successfully running the instance? If I don't have a level 99 friend with level 8 apothecary, I can't even think about doing 3-3? Sounds fun.

Edit: Also keep in mind that it's mostly unrealistic to even reach level 7 apothecary without owning a territory. So, yeah, nice job keeping everything balanced and opening the game up to smaller factions.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's cool if it was a new instance like I said XD

At least for me

Had so much fun in the other game clearing the hardest instance first on server after like 3 months after release, not everything has to be easy cleared in 1 day, gets boring. b:surrender

The only prob is an instance like TT which isn't even the most "End game" there is...

yea well i didnt read your post or i'd come while i typed. I wouldnt mind a psycho hard instance, but this should not be modified TT. make new as u said :S

no single 3-2 /3-3 have started since patch days here. the one which did failed ( while i slept)
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Why dont you go in game and see/try for yourself?

Ps: Make sure to put on average gear... not GM gear :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ Dsholder

See, the trick is you need to brute force it with bloodpaint. You literally CAN'T tank it. 30K HP + Barbs can't tank it. It's all about killing it before it kills you.

I have witnessed this with my own eyes.... if you thought 2 clerics would be useful for rezzing... ha! Think again, because there is no point to rezzing. They get back up with no chi and buffs to get one shot again. Meaning boss gets buffed and even harder to kill.

If you don't kill the boss in 5 minutes... the boss will only get significantly harder.

If even one person in your squad isn't pulling their weight, isn't charmed and dies... your whole squad will get screwed over.

Better and safer way imo: 2 10khp+ clerics with 10k phys and magic def (8k will do). A 5 aps sin for bp and rib strike (I think thats the atk rate debuff). A 18k or+ hp sage 5aps bm tanking. Another 2 4 aps unbuffed bms dding and taking turns spamming myriad. Seems to be the only way to farm 3-3 now.

you're the gm...shouldn't it be your job to know this game better than we do?
This discussion has been closed.