Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was in Tamias' squad XD. Yea the boss was insane >< plz fix it so it does not aoe so frequently. He starts off pretty gentle I believe, but later on he starts to seals constantly and aoe everywhere (He constantly talks so hard to tell when hes going to AOE), and it was hard to keep up. He used to turn b4 he aoes, and usually he kills like one person at a time, now he splashes and just AOE without turning at times. We tried various tactics; spread out DDs, ranged tanker, cleric in other room, cleric heal cleric and BB to prevent one shot. Strangely BB, seems to be the best way, we got kind of close to killing him before his sealing became too frequent for spark pots.

I tried this a few days ago with another squad b4 the fix patch. If there is a difference, it is pretty minor, it is that or we are just getting better. I want to complete 100 cultivation, but I am stuck at this stage, and as Arch is new server, seems like this TT is not done as much, especially after this change.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BTW Tamias if I would try this everyday if i can lol and I can get squad since we usually missing just a cleric, i need this culti>< . And I believe non of us needs the mats (maybe just the of the barbs). If you help me cultivate, we will also bring you to the rare deltas in Arch server XD. PPl are pretty much helping me so i can move on and continue setting up delta runs, since I decided to stop doing them until I finish the TT quest,
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3-2 Emperor is very much doable. It's just not as easy as it used to be.

First try on Emperor, failed badly. Got new squad and tried again. The whole boss went flawless. He had his rampage, aoe and everything, but if you come prepared it's not so difficult. Thing is now, you gotta play as a team, which alot haven't tried, or not willing to.
    My gear is far from average, got like 15k hp in tiger, and yet with new squad, we did it on first try. Few deaths due to close range aoe 1hitting bm, and a cleric died a few times aswell.

I haven't tried 3-3 yet, would like to tho. But those who say 3-2 isn't farmable anymore, might need to look at themselves and start playing as a team. Unless you're heavily cashshopped, that's the only way to do it.
  • XAngelita - Sanctuary
    XAngelita - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think about the new skills bosses is not fair, coz many ppl long time ago got them TT90 or TT99 doing that TT 3-1 3-2 3-2, n now comes GM a Change it, i think is not fair, because the others players gonna think who got that armors was lucky, but i think its better to get it back, n create another ways to get economy back.. b:cute
    edited August 2010
    Options
    J_Balt, I heard ppl say its possible here and there, can you plz tell us how to do it? We had vent (only 1 person did not have it), and were trying to work it out as a team. We started with def charms, hp charms, rez scrolls. We had a team member talk to her friend on skype about how to do boss as well....

So really no deaths but BM and cleric? kinda find that hard to believe, even before patch ppl still die.....encase happens pretty quickly, even AD cant block it all.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Barb HP is not a problem I believe, its more the DDs. I could tank the boss pretty easily as a wiz, and we did try that. The problem is not the tanker but the DDs and clerics.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Barb HP is not a problem I believe, its more the DDs. I could tank the boss pretty easily as a wiz, and we did try that. The problem is not the tanker but the DDs and clerics.

The problem is, that 3-1 GBA boss tends to kill the tank in a nasty combo unless they heavily rely on a charm, here's how:

-HP cut down to 40% of total hp (there goes 60% hp to the dustbin)
    -Armor/mind break, as powerful as pole's but also takes away magical def
    -AOE seal, rendering any character skills useless, leaving you with only items and genie to try and survive
    -AOE damage that usually does 4-5k damage to the whole party, it takes down cleric if close enough
    -Uber magical hit that can deal up to 10k damage (whacked this guy for 5k damage under BB and with demon magical marrow on)

Note that the boss' casting time was cut down to less than a half, each spell or AOE takes 0.5 to 0.8 seconds to cast, so you need to have insane reflexes to be able to cancel them, even with genie earthquake, it's near impossible to cancel with shadowless kick or alacrity since their channeling time summed to your reaction time is simply too slow, you usually have to guess the boss' spell if you want to cancel this way

The boss has been killed, yes, all the screenshots submitted so far have been by characters lvl 100+ with 9k+ hp UNBUFFED, some of them being arcane classes which means heavy cash shopping (citrine gems and uber refines), how do we expect players that are around 88-93 (the level this boss is intended to) to farm their mats? damn i tried to kill it with a 95+ squad that included two clerics and a 97 barb with 13k hp in human form and we still got wiped by that insane combo

If it can be done with regular gear chars that are around the 88-95 levels and uncharmed, please post a screenie or a video link
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah, you kill it fast...
    and dunno what u mean by 'lot time' but if it s under -lets say- 5 mins then they should be ok.

when boss go into frenzy mode you would notice it for sure. it s like they loop one fav attack and repeat it all the time where other attacks are used like breaks.

your first thought would be that either boss is on crack or his script broke

and i dont believe that it was intended. it would be like encouraging high op lvls (who can just kill fast enough) to farm lower TTs while making it really hard for rest.

it was nowhere near 'new' nirvana diffucutly. nowhere near anything in pwi i saw so far...

anywayz, it is how it looked before last maint. dunno how much tt changed since then

Harpy wraith ticks my charm less than some of the new TT bosses.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stop posting here. Gather all of your screenshots and gather up all of your information and submit a ticket about the gameplay. Relying on one GM to transfer all this information isn't reliable, it's just much more work for them, over 70 pages. It'd be best if all of the players could just submit a ticket of all the things they see wrong with hard evidence.

• Drunk_cleric - Dreamweaver
    Drunk_cleric - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok we completed Emperor yesterday, the way to do it is that the barb has to be able to pretty much solo the boss with charm ticking and hp pot. It is rather ridiculous. I did not get the boss kill I needed.....so gotta beg yet another barb to come with me....
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok we completed Emperor yesterday, the way to do it is that the barb has to be able to pretty much solo the boss with charm ticking and hp pot. It is rather ridiculous. I did not get the boss kill I needed.....so gotta beg yet another barb to come with me....

No need for barb to solo it. With 2 cleric's, if 1 die's the other can res. As for dd's, I'd rather have archer's/wiz's there than bm's. I can grab aggro back faster, which means fewer deaths. Less time on res, means more dd. Spread your squad out a bit, instead of staying in 1group.
    And for hp doesnt matter, yea it does. Boss got rampage that hit me 3k each time, and they come pretty damn fast, he also got his close rangeg aoe 1hitting bm's with 11k hp.
    I used a total of 50k on my charm, 5dew of star, and my solid shield on genie.

EDIT:
    It's common sense really, but dd's shouldn't steal aggro on purpose. If barb gets sealed, stop attacking boss, so you wont get aggro. Less aggro bouncing = Less aoe's and safer run. Not much to do on random aggro, but barb should be able to get a hold of him it pretty quick unless sealed.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Emperor is ridiculous in 3-2. He hit me for 10.4k magic damage or physical. The method we tried to use, and still failed was to let the archer tank it with a bow @ max distance with two clerics at max distance from the archer healing him. This failed because emperor could still hit the archer over 7k and the archer's hitpoints were too low. Emperor will still random aggro the clerics with that stupid bubble making him move closer so you'll have to keep moving backwards. Anyways, this has to be a fail in the script. I don't understand why the testers of this can't provide proof of them actually succeeding in finishing it.

edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes we did all the J-Balt mentioned, even if you spread, some of his aoes kills more than 1 anyways. It is hard to prevent the aoes from coming with FR, cause sometimes he aoes without even moving, and cancel channel.......impossible....It is ridiculously hard still. We had a main cleric and another cleric out of aoe range to help the group with rezzes and purifies, but sometimes when too many DDs are down, the boss only have clerics left to target. It is doable but just very hard especially for new servers like Arch. Did you do this boss recently? Cause only 50k charm off is just very amazing, we had 1mil off charm since we tried 2 times, so 500k per attempt. Not to mention spamming pots too.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We killed him after last patch. Killed add's in his room, and killed him there. Have cleric's stay away from eachother, and max range at all times. Cleric used amongst others stream of rejuvenation skill which increases p.def, which also is one of the reasons, I didn't lose much on charm. With 2 cleric's, you got 1 healing barb, the other is dd'ing/debuffing or ressing other squad members. If healer die's, 2nd cleric throws a few ih's and resses. Again, I did not say it was easy, but very much doable.
  • Fierydevil - Lost City
    Fierydevil - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I noticed that most of people that complain in this topic are from PVE servers.
    I guess it's harder for carebears with lack of experience b:chuckle
    This is a warning b:victory
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

PK != PVE experience

begone troll
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PK != PVE experience

begone troll

b:shutup pk =/= pve

..i was always wondering.. what do people in pve servers do...cuz most dont pk with their ~hello blue name lvl100s~
    you pve servers are the one who should be doing more instances than us pvp servers, and yet you guys are the one who complain the most about pve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • jennyguo
    jennyguo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The thing I love the most about this discussion is how everyone is taking jabs and QQing to each other, at the same time frankieraye has responded a total of FIVE times to you guys.

1 - pg. 2 - saying that he wants details about the changes
    2 - pg. 4 - saying that merging the threads won't help
    3 - pg. 38 - agreeing to test the 3-1 boss (omgomgomg!!! ty!!)
    4 - pg. 68 - fixed the bug in 3-1 (i couldn't believe it but great job :P)
    5 - pg. 68 - giving RedsRose a link to an image of a cookie (i'm not lying).

there are 81 pages so far and 81/5 is 16 pages per mod post. Come on, if you are going to ignore the issue at least dont be lazy...do it in a way that make us think that you are not ignoring us. post more often frankie, even if it's only handing out milk and cookie.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes we did all the J-Balt mentioned, even if you spread, some of his aoes kills more than 1 anyways. It is hard to prevent the aoes from coming with FR, cause sometimes he aoes without even moving, and cancel channel.......impossible....It is ridiculously hard still. We had a main cleric and another cleric out of aoe range to help the group with rezzes and purifies, but sometimes when too many DDs are down, the boss only have clerics left to target. It is doable but just very hard especially for new servers like Arch. Did you do this boss recently? Cause only 50k charm off is just very amazing, we had 1mil off charm since we tried 2 times, so 500k per attempt. Not to mention spamming pots too.
    The biggest problem is his almost INSTANT channeling (maybe it is even instant). There is NO SKILL involved in avoiding this when you have a ping half his channeling time. Especially the new freezing bubble. I believe he even puts a different person in bubble then instantly random aggros and does that instant frontal "wood" effect AOE.

Even with 2 clerics you can still end up in a **** situation if you are unlucky enough to get that on both clerics. Not to mention requiring 2 clerics in the first place isn't exactly pleasant.
    yashino wrote: »
    you pve servers are the one who should be doing more instances than us pvp servers, and yet you guys are the one who complain the most about pve
    Because we actually run PvE instances. b:pleased
    jennyguo wrote: »
    The thing I love the most about this discussion is how everyone is taking jabs and QQing to each other, at the same time frankieraye has responded a total of FIVE times to you guys.

1 - pg. 2 - saying that he wants details about the changes
    2 - pg. 4 - saying that merging the threads won't help
    3 - pg. 38 - agreeing to test the 3-1 boss (omgomgomg!!! ty!!)
    4 - pg. 68 - fixed the bug in 3-1 (i couldn't believe it but great job :P)
    5 - pg. 68 - giving RedsRose a link to an image of a cookie (i'm not lying).

there are 81 pages so far and 81/5 is 16 pages per mod post. Come on, if you are going to ignore the issue at least dont be lazy...do it in a way that make us think that you are not ignoring us. post more often frankie, even if it's only handing out milk and cookie.
    My suggestion?

Make their freaking random attacks more noticeable and give us some freaking time to respond in some way. 2 second channel should do it. And not 2 of them at the same time instantly one after the other on different targets. That just screws around with random and hoping it wont kill both clerics, or target same person twice in a row and kill it.

Or wait maybe we need 3 clerics. Or maybe a 5 cleric squad and 1 barb. LMFAO.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:shutup pk =/= pve

..i was always wondering.. what do people in pve servers do...cuz most dont pk with their ~hello blue name lvl100s~
    b:quiet the ones on PvE servs are bored more so you see'em troll the forums a lot with QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yashino
    edited August 2010
    Options

and yet your pve skills are still inferior to us LC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This is why PvP server wont the PvE Cube Challenge -.-

There is SO MUCH MORE PvE on LC then there is PvP...trust me on this one!

Also, see below pls...
    and yet your pve skills are still inferior to us LC

^ This b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wasnt that sanctuary 'who' finished new 3-3 as first? b:puzzled
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wasnt that sanctuary 'who' finished new 3-3 as first? b:puzzled

There was a race and no1 invited me??
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

They wanted to have a chance b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • yashino
    edited August 2010
    Options

no one invited me either
    =(
    btw if im correct, dreamweaver server is on east coast which 3 hours ahead us west coast
    by that time most of us are still asleep ;p
    but btw when i turn on pwi and try out new instance, i finsihed it in less than 2 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PVP: More equalized population of csers. More competitive I guess.
    PVE: 1 rich dude, and 99.99% lazy poor people.

The csers don't have any problem with them since their gears are better. Therefore, the less fortunate on the same server can squad with them and do fine. While that 1-2 rich dudes in pve doesn't squad with anyone random, and 99% of the population suffers.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thx for making TT 3-2, 3-3 etc a pain in the ***..... Tried to do Culti bosses but even when killed all the mobs it use 1 shot aoes on everyone without +10 gear... Without cash shopping this game has become impossible.. soon FF will be 10x times harder too and gotta finish without 1 hour.. This is bs... make it playable for those who cant cash shop or this game will die b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

cause they dont waste time on farming, only cash shopping and pking.. lame trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
This discussion has been closed.