Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    CHANGE IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!! I know i've only been playing for 1.5yrs. I know this post probably means nothing to you. But I love this game. I made a Veno, I invested my hard earned rl cash to get a herc and be able to do TT3-1.

I know someone will complain that I shouldn't have been able to... but I played the game with the goal-posts where they were... now without thought, you just move the goalposts and say "cope" ?? :(

It's certainly not a way to win the hearts of your player base.

+1.
    we dont spend 200bux per pet for them to be worthless and not be able to make coin with them. DQ item value nerf, HH f'd up, mold values down b/c of BH, wtf is there to do to make money with a herc anymore? mindlessly go spend MAAAAANY hours killing mobs to pickup the little coin piles?

uh yeah. lets turn the difficulty level of HH up way past what even the most CS'd toons can handle.

had the displeasure of getting squad wiped by a boss that didnt even used to have an AOE at all, and it managed to kill nearly everyone in 1hit with an aoe, and ended up killing a lv101 BM with 10k HP unbuffed, and the cleric.

then later on we got aoe'd by YET ANOTHER boss that had no aoe before, and an INSANE manaburn, to the point that i've been calling it a manaKILL all day. i did nature's grace (gives me 2500MP, and couldnt even use 90 of that to get into foxform to go melee the boss. i had to eat a herb yuanxiao to get the NINETY MP to go into foxform, an instant channel skill.

idk wtf yall's doin with hh, but it aint what needs to be done.

and w/e is up with f'n up solo mode 1-3 and whatever other solo modes there are. charge two subs per run, do 6 runs and only get 2 mats (one drum and one chin's plate) out of those 6 runs. wtf is the point of even having a solo mode if its absolutely not worth doing? lets just delete solo mode and make running HH require full vit builds and MAKE IT SO HARD EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE EVERYTHING +12 (oh and lets not forget charms, botique pots, and apoth pots while we're at it) WHY DONT WE?

so worried about ppl ill-legitimately farming instances that you're totally f'n 'em up for the ppl that did legitimately run the instances to sell mats for coins or make things out of to advance their crafting skills.

is this also some kinda BS overflow from the **** the ppl in china version are pulling by macrobothaxfarming dq items for coin so we get punished with a 20% redux in DQ item value when its only gona make them bot harder, and us get punished worse?

/rant
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    you CAN farm them. Its just the definition of 'farmable' these days have become 'no meds, no charms, AFK attack, done in 1hr'

uhhhh are you kidding me? We had a 95+ squad doing GBA boss and we all got one shot...literally one shot. We had to pull in a cs'ed bm with full, refined nirvana gear, 14k hp unbuffed, and 5 aps. Oh, and we had 3 clerics.

And the bm's hp was still getting pretty dam low....

We should not need to pull in tanks cs'ed up the wazoo with 3 clerics in party healing to do a boss that drops gears we NEED for our HH gear. Idk what you're smoking but thats not farmable.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did GBA boss 2 times today, the squad:

89 sin
    98 barb
    98 cleric
    101 cleric
    96 archer
    100 wiz

We tried one way the first time and it went bad. We then decided to have the clerics alternate BB at the doorway, and that did the trick. The second cleric purifies tank + rebuffs when purge and also puts up BB when the first clerics BB goes down.

We then did this GBA boss again, the squad:

89 sin
    92 barb
    92 cleric
    101 cleric
    98 barb
    90 veno

This run we used the same method with BBs and rebuffs and purifies. I have to say it was much more difficult. Tank alternated if the other died which happened about 5 times. It took 25 minutes just for this boss but many deaths later we still got it on the first shot.

My opinion 3-1 is ridiculous for a 85-90 squad. 95+ will be able to do it but it's a biznitch to even try and do. On top of that you WILL most likely die 3+ times during this.

PS. Forgot to mention killed it 2 times no drops ,,|,, you too PWI :)
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    uhhhh are you kidding me? We had a 95+ squad doing GBA boss and we all got one shot...literally one shot. We had to pull in a cs'ed bm with full, refined nirvana gear, 14k hp unbuffed, and 5 aps. Oh, and we had 3 clerics.

And the bm's hp was still getting pretty dam low....

We should not need to pull in tanks cs'ed up the wazoo with 3 clerics in party healing to do a boss that drops gears we NEED for our HH gear. Idk what you're smoking but thats not farmable.

Next time don't call a fail BM :P
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Next time don't call a fail BM :P

lol he isn't fail...he has gears on par with yours, and that saying something b:surrender
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol he isn't fail...he has gears on par with yours, and that saying something b:surrender

I have 7k HP -.-
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have 7k HP -.-

Not for long b:dirtyb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have 7k HP -.-

nvrmind mebbe his gear is better >.>

anyway i shouldnt be pulling in Essence elite to do a ****** 3-1

and the boss shouldnt be overcome with such a slobbering case of rabies that it manages to come close to killing him.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options

and the boss shouldnt be overcome with such a slobbering case of rabies that it manages to come close to killing him.

Kit is not in Essence b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Klizzahrd - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kit is not in Essence b:chuckle

no the bm i pulled in is
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no the bm i pulled in is

O.o

I see b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kitamura - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options

no the bm i pulled in is

I knew exactly what BM you were talking about, thats why I called Fail ^^

Btw in my sin guild 5aps BMs under 10k HP are doing GBA boss with only 1EP b:chuckle

Thats why I call your friend NewyorkNub b:laugh
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options

Btw in my sin guild 5aps BMs under 10k HP are doing GBA boss with only 1EP b:chuckle

he aint mah friend, but b:chuckle mebbe i should start squadding with yall instead

Edit: :( I just wanna do my dam HH without relying on peeps who already have all ther ****. nuff said.
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did GBA boss 2 times today, the squad:

89 sin
    98 barb
    98 cleric
    101 cleric
    96 archer
    100 wiz

We tried one way the first time and it went bad. We then decided to have the clerics alternate BB at the doorway, and that did the trick. The second cleric purifies tank + rebuffs when purge and also puts up BB when the first clerics BB goes down.

We then did this GBA boss again, the squad:

89 sin
    92 barb
    92 cleric
    101 cleric
    98 barb
    90 veno

This run we used the same method with BBs and rebuffs and purifies. I have to say it was much more difficult. Tank alternated if the other died which happened about 5 times. It took 25 minutes just for this boss but many deaths later we still got it on the first shot.

My opinion 3-1 is ridiculous for a 85-90 squad. 95+ will be able to do it but it's a biznitch to even try and do. On top of that you WILL most likely die 3+ times during this.

PS. Forgot to mention killed it 2 times no drops ,,|,, you too PWI :)

Have you ever tried with 2 bm using fists/cloud eruption/chi siphon for chi (no high interval needed)? This way they can keep the boss under perma myriad sword stance (reduces the boss atk by half). Combined with bb, the damage from the boss can be easily tanked.
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    "Have you ever tried with 2 bm using fists/cloud eruption/chi siphon for chi (no high interval needed)? This way they can keep the boss under perma myriad sword stance (reduces the boss atk by half). Combined with bb, the damage from the boss can be easily tanked."

Interesting imma try that
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I restat to pure STR and only have 8.1k hp now, and I can solo tank him with two clerics. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Maruja - Heavens Tear
    Maruja - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It seems that the goal of the changes to TT are to keep people from farming instances so easily, however its just impossible to do that. What in essence you are doing is trading one cheap trick for another. As before it was easy enough to go in with a small squad and farm an instance very quickly, it is now difficult to the point that its not cost effective to do 3-3 and parts 3-2. I watched a very good barb with 37k HP go through and entire plat charm on steelation the first time we fought him, mostly because the clerics and venos cant purge or heal because they are stunned/slept 50% of the time. The only way to fight this boss effectively now is cheaply with an archer and a cleric. Other bosses in TT are now more difficult as well, perhaps not quite as bad as steelation, however people will continue to find ways to farm them. It is my opinion that PWI has bottlenecked the game with that single instance for getting your basic gear. PWI designed Lunar and FF so poorly that no one ever farmed them, then they took away FF so now its an event item and put 3 mil entry fee on lunar so its cheaper to chip lunar than farm it. Now, other than Nirvana, you have only 1 farm-able instance for people to enjoy time in grinding for mats. BOOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGG!!!!

If you want to make something more challenging and difficult to farm make a new instance with a new set of desirable gear. Make it hard and make it an alternative to TT. This way TT materials will have competition on the market, people will have more fun things to do, and it will stimulate you PW-cash-shopper-no-talent economy as wellb:pleased. Then you can change TT 3X back to how it was, or at least make it reasonable. After all, Why should TT, an instance for farming mid level - upper level gear, be hundreds of times more difficult tan the one you farm end game gear in (nirvana).......... Makes absolutely no sense at all. Another more simple solution is to do what i suggested 6 months ago and take the 3 mil fee of lunar, make the entry fee a few essence of nature instead. After all, Lunar is an alternative to TT gear and is a path to Nirvana, which makes people spend money and makes you richer than you already are. Then you might actually see people do lunar. People don't really do it much, don't kid yourselves. It just like frost, before you made it a power leveling hyper EXP fest, no one went in unless to accomplish some dreaded quests wile dragging some kicking and QQing friends along with them lol!

GM's and Developers, many of the suggestions i have made above a probably already stated in the hundreds of previous posts. This is for a good reason, there are many experienced players want the game to be fun for all, many of them are very knowledgeable about games and programing etc.. They want to help. When you make such changes to a game that nerfs it so badly, you gradually lose your audience with them and eventually the bad vibes spread. When you changed TT, 2 of my best in-game friends quit with in weeks. One of these guys (arguably one of the best BM's HT will ever see) swore he would stick with PWI, he liked it, didn't have time for another game ect.. Now i see him on to say hi once a week, and the other i haven't seen in a month. these are people that i did TT/BH/FF with nearly every night for 6 months - a year spend money on the game and loved the community it created. Last week, my brother quit as well right after getting 5 APS and his nirvana pants... IMO this is a big loss, How do you feel about this?
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I restat to pure STR and only have 8.1k hp now, and I can solo tank him with two clerics. b:chuckle

Now I will have to heal you more in TW b:irritated
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Now I will have to heal you more in TW b:irritated

TW? What is this? I know not of this term... Oh wait, I remember... b:surrender
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    oh my so impressive..b:tired

it s easier to duo him than to do with full squad of lowbies
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited September 2010
    Options
    oh my so impressive..b:tired

it s easier to duo him than to do with full squad of lowbies

Wasn't trying to impress anyone. Just saying you don't need a 14k hp 5aps BM to tank. b:surrender
  • Rebellion - Dreamweaver
    Rebellion - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sucks.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    - close this pos thread already, we know nothing is gonna be done , instead this is turning into 5 **** people's place to rub their balls one another.. disgusting and useless.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the bottom line for this and all other instances that take time and a lot of work by high levels is that miserable 4 hour limit.

was there actually any good reason behind installing that glitch? or is it just another way to put the thumbscrews on, so people have to buy more charms or whatever?

for crying out loud, do the right thing, and take off that stupid timer! PLEASE!

Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

---

Update

We've spoken with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

---

Update 2 (8-20-2010)

in regards to RedsRose post

We'll test this, and if it turns out to work the way you've described (meaning that the boss acts the same way regardless of kill count), we'll submit this to the devs and see what's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I c what ya did there b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Really... this boss (dark colluseast) is just way too annoying, to do.

I admit I didn't do it before the update, but I did just do it, with 1 archer, 1 wizard, 1 barb, 1 bm, then after that bm found out how much they changed it, eventually left along with that first cleric. Then we get 2 clerics in, and the boss resets on us not once but TWICE. << Not to mention how many times we all died in the process of trying to defeat the damn thing. <<

Really do we need to spend money on this game to be able to defeat a boss for bh? << It really seems like we have to have heavy refines/be 5 aps just to take down this damn boss.

If that is the case, then I vote they make more - interval gear that's more obtainable then what we currently have, it is so crazy how little - interval gear there is in game. Especially considering how many items have - channeling added to it. I know that 5 aps is something to look foreward too, but meh this is just plain annoying. <<

Nerf the boss a little bit, I believe we all don't mind the challenge just make it a PLAUSIBLE challenge that EVERY SINGLE squad can actually do it!

EDIT: Perhaps lowering the boss's over all hp that we have to whack off... would do wonders for all squads, especially if it is going to reset so soon. << xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what's to say? It sucks/almost impossible to do. You have already nerffed the drop rates enough, do you really need to make this guy unkillable now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Asbella - Sanctuary
    Asbella - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well im quitting bh 3-3 until this is sorted it cost to much charm to the barbs and cleric and the lose of exp is not worth some of the rewards...
  • Kiakyo - Dreamweaver
    Kiakyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont really much do my TT cuz i get conufsed... sad...b:surrender
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Really... this boss (dark colluseast) is just way too annoying, to do.

I admit I didn't do it before the update, but I did just do it, with 1 archer, 1 wizard, 1 barb, 1 bm, then after that bm found out how much they changed it, eventually left along with that first cleric. Then we get 2 clerics in, and the boss resets on us not once but TWICE. << Not to mention how many times we all died in the process of trying to defeat the damn thing. <<

Really do we need to spend money on this game to be able to defeat a boss for bh? << It really seems like we have to have heavy refines/be 5 aps just to take down this damn boss.

If that is the case, then I vote they make more - interval gear that's more obtainable then what we currently have, it is so crazy how little - interval gear there is in game. Especially considering how many items have - channeling added to it. I know that 5 aps is something to look foreward too, but meh this is just plain annoying. <<

Nerf the boss a little bit, I believe we all don't mind the challenge just make it a PLAUSIBLE challenge that EVERY SINGLE squad can actually do it!

EDIT: Perhaps lowering the boss's over all hp that we have to whack off... would do wonders for all squads, especially if it is going to reset so soon. << xD

Eh, I tried BH 3-3 today just for ****s and giggles. The first attempt failed. The clerics heals were extremely weak (he was still using a tt90 green sword) and ended up leaving after dying at the boss more than once (I soloed it with wizzy heals ffs).

After bringing in a lvl 96 cleric that had both a better weapon and even better ability to...cleric...we nailed that boss's *** to the wall.

3 Archers, 1 Wizzy, 1 cleric and 1 barb.

The rest of the DDs would sometimes die during his random resets, but as long as the cleric and tank stay alive, he'll die. Or if the cleric is smart enough to bring rez scrolls before the fight.

The rest of the bosses are a bit more "complicated" to deal with, and I typically won't even bother with em anymore, but BeHe's certainly doable. Just need a competent tank/cleric combo. ^^

I will say he's a bit much for a BH boss. Hell, Snakefist is tame in comparison.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
This discussion has been closed.