An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Warmheart - Archosaur
    Warmheart - Archosaur Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie
    This was a resoponse I was hoping to see.
    Kind of gave me hope,
    However I will leave the game until TW system will be back to normal,
    (Will be following news closely)
    thx anyway
    PWI </3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fail Archer with no bow.
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Gold farmers were pretty non existent, gold farmers couldn't sell coin cheaper than AH. Gold farming in China thrives because of their economy and the fact they can get 20 homeless boys off the street in a day, tell them "play this game for 20 hours a day and we will give you a cot to sleep on and food"

Can't really pull that off here thus it cannot thrive as a profitable industry. The update only claimed to address a non-existent problem to drive up gold charging.

This has nothing to do with gold farmers... PW-MY really has none.. OTHER than the guild masters.... from taxes in land payouts.

It has to do with the amount of coin in game... Maybe all you ppl should just log into PW-MY and see for yourself, before you start crying and complaining... and saying stuff like you quit.

Really.. you have no idea how lucky everyone here is... the GMs here seen for themselves the issues that the other servers have.... those ppl like myself.. were long time players on PW-MY can tell you exactly.

Look at my very first post here... the date.. the year... i stated my lvl on PW-MY when these forums open.. long before beta testing... I think i know what I talk about.. and so do any of the other PW veterans. Anyone that has ONLY played here.. really.. does not know what the future holds if those changes aren't made...

If no TW fix:

sure.. u get 2m TW salary a week now....

Guess what. in a year.... you'll still be getting 2m salary.. but charms (gold ones) will cost 6m... 99 gold mats will range from 150m-350m. Gold for cash shop purchases, cant be bought in the AH anymore... People world shout... "Selling Gold 1.5m each"... you all complain about Gold prices and rising economy...

This TW patch.. will PREVENT that from happening. Be HAPPY that this PROBLEM will be FIXED before it happens to PWI servers too!
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Normal: No charm TW Nuff, it's on.

this is why YOU sir play ona failed dead server
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't mind the TW changes- if you want to TW and can't afford charms, there's still nothing stopping you from TWing with pots and herbs. Sure it'll be harder for squishies due to them probably not being able to react quickly when they're being attacked...

but like many people have said (and some have done) there's nothing stopping you from leaving the game. You don't own it, it was your choice to spend real-life money in it (that's why I usually don't spend RL money for f2p games) so you can't really complain.

What quiv said is right...sure it might make the richest people in the servers abit less rich, but it allows lower levels to buy decent stuff - if the prices rise waaay to high, the only way to afford that is to merchant or charge. For the lower levels who grind and don't want to merchant, the money they get from grinding can buy them a few things.

TW might have fewer people, but at least those that TW actually want to TW for fun and will give their best to make a name for their guild, rather than guild hop around hoping for the fattest TW paycheck.

Count your blessings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why wait around to see if things work, If we already know the outcome?
    edited August 2010
    Options

How do you know the outcome?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't mind the TW changes- if you want to TW and can't afford charms, there's still nothing stopping you from TWing with pots and herbs. Sure it'll be harder for squishies due to them probably not being able to react quickly when they're being attacked...

but like many people have said (and some have done) there's nothing stopping you from leaving the game. You don't own it, it was your choice to spend real-life money in it (that's why I usually don't spend RL money for f2p games) so you can't really complain.

What quiv said is right...sure it might make the richest people in the servers abit less rich, but it allows lower levels to buy decent stuff - if the prices rise waaay to high, the only way to afford that is to merchant or charge. For the lower levels who grind and don't want to merchant, the money they get from grinding can buy them a few things.

TW might have fewer people, but at least those that TW actually want to TW for fun and will give their best to make a name for their guild, rather than guild hop around hoping for the fattest TW paycheck.

Count your blessings.

say that when your lvl 100 being peleted by rank 8 archers and mages and we will talk
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

Because Packs will be gone for a week, and then they'll come back for another month.
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

As long as the outcome is NOT like what happened on PW-My.. its a GOOD outcome...

If the PWI servers end up like PW-MY... that... is a very bad thing.

This TW fix.. ensure that what happened on PW-MY.. will never happen on PWI.
  • Fistus - Harshlands
    Fistus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Quiv is correct.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that in the past 8 years (the P2P version opened in 02) the devs of the game have gotten a pretty good handle on what makes people quit and what just makes them say they are going to quit.
    I too, am fairly certain this case will be mostly of the later. Couple that with the fact that all new people are likely to play a hell of a lot longer due to these changes means that they would be fools to revert back.
    To say nothing of the fact that PWE is merely a puppet company for PW-Bejing and couldn't revert back even if they wanted to.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thank you for telling that Quiv
    now i remember why i am not playing the my version . . b:shocked (even though i am near my)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited August 2010
    Options
    say that when your lvl 100 being peleted by rank 8 archers and mages and we will talk

Playing the 'level' card... b:surrender

Well, then get sins to kill those mages then.

But yes I agree. My 'low level-ness' is enough for me to realise that BMs may probably die before they reach rank 8 archers and mages. So get rank 8 gear.

And I'm sure the fact that you're 'level one-hundred' means that you know there are other ways to deal with archers and cleric than just rushing head on with your BM. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Quiv is correct.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that in the past 8 years (the P2P version opened in 02) the devs of the game have gotten a pretty good handle on what makes people quit and what just makes them say they are going to quit.
    I too, am fairly certain this case will be mostly of the later. Couple that with the fact that all new people are likely to play a hell of a lot longer due to these changes means that they would be fools to revert back.
    To say nothing of the fact that PWE is merely a puppet company for PW-Bejing and couldn't revert back even if they wanted to.

Not really sure that is correct:

to quote the Wallstreet Journal ( http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100517-704222.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines ) at the beginning of the year when stocks started dropping : "At Perfect World's domestic business, the average number users on Web games at the same time rose 62% while the number of customers increased 14%. Average revenue per customer was up 25%. Average simultaneous users and the number of customers tumbled sequentially amid the technical complications and seasonal factors, though average revenue per customers rose 37% month to month."

So people are leaving and the ones that stay behind are spending more.
    This is about the same as what most players in-game observed in the last few months.

It's not like they know how to keep people in the game, but apparently they know how to pump them for money.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna keep this short; I'm a gamer, not a writer. I've been playing PWI since Oct 08... as well as the same leader since day 1 of one of the biggest TW factions on Sanctuary atm, and I've never seen a patch that adversely affects the players this much.

-Nerfing TT / Nirvana just makes it harder for non-shoppers like myself to earn cash, which is VERY necessary if we want to be able to compete against cash shopping players in TW.

-Nerfing TW compensation for Heavy TW expenses (as in 3 Hour TWs) for Charms / Towers / Catapult Scrolls etc. I personally don't rely on TW pay to cover my costs... but my farming in 3-3 and Nirvana is now 6x longer than it used to be.

-Nerfing competition in TW, a major source of end - game content. Less competition because there are less rewards to be won.

This is the sort of stuff that was implemented here, when trying to fix what isn't broken really shatters my faith in the company. I'm guessing I'm no one's gonna care what I think, but at least answer me this: How do any of these updates increase competition?!? What were the Devs thinking? I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but this seems like BS.

^ Looking for Official response, and no need to sugar coat the answer, I'm just looking for PWE's intentions... I cannot think of any way how this INCREASES competition, I only see this being the down fall of end-game content for PWI.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

*stops channeling sage gush*
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Introduce a lucrative gamble item (Anni Packs), remove the ability to purchase with in-game coin(No TW pay, TW bidding sinkholes).

Forces people to charge more zen to obtain said lucrative game item.

EPIC FAIL MANEUVER PW
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Introduce a lucrative gamble item (Anni Packs), remove the ability to purchase with in-game coin(No TW pay, TW bidding sinkholes).

Forces people to charge more zen to obtain said lucrative game item.

EPIC FAIL MANEUVER PW

+1..............
  • Dream_Veno - Sanctuary
    Dream_Veno - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    personally IDC about TW pay but in the large scale of things these changes are bad for a few reasons but the main one is simply this........tw fees themselves, 12 towers at 100k each + cat scrolls hmmm somehow I dont see 150, 200 or even 300 mirages covering the cost at all. So TW's will cost alot more than they will be worth. I know some will probably say "Well now it will be more fair TW" well how fair is it when not every faction has a chance to even go to a TW?

and now w/o the bid returns less factions will tw so the map will only belong to the ones who had land already when coins were given as rewards.

Well there is my input so come on GM's put the pressure on and get this fixed b4 things get worse b:cry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Keep on the QQ, guys. It's not gonna change a ******n thing.

Of course, we needed the TW changes anyway so it's not a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People who think these TW changes are for the better need to actually manage or maybe go to a TW. If we all go in naked and without charms it'll still cost money. Unless of course we can TW without towers and catapults and BIDDING.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Keep on the QQ, guys. It's not gonna change a ******n thing.

Of course, we needed the TW changes anyway so it's not a problem.

Go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid.

kool-aid.jpeg
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People who think these TW changes are for the better need to actually manage or maybe go to a TW. If we all go in naked and without charms it'll still cost money. Unless of course we can TW without towers and catapults and BIDDING.

Oh yea, and I forgot motivation to even own land, incentive for smaller guilds to try to gank larger ones, why you should risk bidding at all if you're not even gonna get refunded EVEN IF YOU LOSE THE BID.
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ........Let me just assure you that we do NOT want to ruin the TW system. From what I understand, these changes were implemented to combat problems that have plagued longer-running versions of PW -- those in Malaysia and China. I have to say that I do like the idea of taking what we know about those versions and using it to try to protect this version.......

The "problems" you mention are gold farming induced inflation, correct?
    If this is the case there is no need to take drastic measures to protect PWI as the cost of living/wages in the areas served by this version are far too high to support any significant gold farming.
    It makes it obvious just how out of touch with reality the developers are.

On a side note I am selling corporate reality checks quite cheap, contact me for consulting rates and I will knock sense into any blundering, inefficient bunch of corporate butt-kissers.
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Playing the 'level' card... b:surrender

Well, then get sins to kill those mages then.

But yes I agree. My 'low level-ness' is enough for me to realise that BMs may probably die before they reach rank 8 archers and mages. So get rank 8 gear.

And I'm sure the fact that you're 'level one-hundred' means that you know there are other ways to deal with archers and cleric than just rushing head on with your BM. b:bye

well yes i will play the lvl card heres another...ur on RT ur oppion means jack tbh u come from a server where ppl couldnt play their class if they had a gun to their head....

but um i myself can survive a R8mage and archer toa point im more talking about you LOL that whole comment was pointed at you

so please get 100 and pit urself against a mage or EA with 8Jun.......

ur a veno basicaly PWs sad excuse of a caster class that uses wood based attacks...that well dont do a whole hell ofalot... u ONLY make up for that due to your pets ;D thats why u kill the venos pet xD

me being lvl 100 has nothing to do with what i know LMFAO nice try though my knowledge of PW if u wanna play this game with me comes from the amount of time i have played PW for hell i have seen lvl 40s that know more about this game and about their class then some of the ppl in my faction so that comment wont holed up here sorry :x

p.s. 8jun BMs is kinda dumb idea just sayin....
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and adding a second comment here if u people ACTUALY THINK gold is EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going to drop down to like LC used to be (100k each)

thats a pipe dream and will NEVER happen sorry to burst that bubble LMAO
  • CrazyButcher - Lost City
    CrazyButcher - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i so agreed with GMs.. its times for changes.. every kind of changes...

TW is one of the bests ways to get money.. we all also agree with that... but this new system guives a chance to every1 else, and its will change the actual subject of the players: GET PAYD TO PLAY.. to like.. PLAY FOR FUN (as indeed as a game)..

Just pay attention.. the ppl that is screaming right now are those who is bad addicted to the easiest way to play this game... in other words.. they are on biggest guilds, they use to win TW with some frequency and they think they are on top of the world... BUT HEY.. theres alot more ppl than that and they are PLAYING and ACTIVE like you.. so.. this new system will open the door to other players that ALSO expends good amount of gold like you!!!

Stop the **** flaming GMs with 'this' or 'that' bullsh1t.. theres other ways to get money on this game.. and theres new upcomings too..

kthxbayb:bye
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i so agreed with GMs.. its times for changes.. every kind of changes...

TW is one of the bests ways to get money.. we all also agree with that... but this new system guives a chance to every1 else, and its will change the actual subject of the players: GET PAYD TO PLAY.. to like.. PLAY FOR FUN (as indeed as a game)..

Just pay attention.. the ppl that is screaming right now are those who is bad addicted to the easiest way to play this game... in other words.. they are on biggest guilds, they use to win TW with some frequency and they think they are on top of the world... BUT HEY.. theres alot more ppl than that and they are PLAYING and ACTIVE like you.. so.. this new system will open the door to other players that ALSO expends good amount of gold like you!!!

Stop the **** flaming GMs with 'this' or 'that' bullsh1t.. theres other ways to get money on this game.. and theres new upcomings too..

kthxbayb:bye

u do relise EVEN if these Lowbies DO tw the ish gonna get rolled like a stoner rolls a fat Joint!!!!!!!!!!!

xD u ppl dont get it do u it wont matter if new factions can come in to the mix their still gonna die....alot
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can't tell if these people are sucking up or actually that ignorant.

This doesn't make anything equal, it makes things even more unfair.
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can't tell if these people are sucking up or actually that ignorant.

This doesn't make anything equal, it makes things even more unfair.

its called ball slurping all the big factions do it to their leaders and such and Players do it to GMs in hopes of one day being rewarded with some amazing gift that never comes xD
This discussion has been closed.