An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If noone sees me in game anymore, its because I was killed for what I know - or because I'll be damned if I am going to charge gold to finish my event gear to TW for mirages.

I LOL'd. hehe.

Also, I agree with you. What I was pointing out is that if they wanted to change the gold prices, then they could change them. So, OBVIOUSLY, this is about getting more money out of us.

Thinking of quitting and going back to real life...
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    . . . .you don't need charms for TW . . . . .

Please edit this.

"you don't need charms for TW"

Should be "I don't need charms for TW"

Most BM's are there to stun ahead of cata barbs, then die. Rinse and repeat.

Chances are you can tank a hit or two, and if your targeted by 3 or 4 a charm wouldn't help anyway.

Try to TW as a wiz without a charm. b:chuckle Or an arcane cleric. b:bye Or a cata barb. b:surrender

I guarantee, if your barb doesn't have a charm, you've got a short trip down the lane anyway. No wonder you don't need a charm.

If he does have a charm, recognize that what you really mean here is that BM's on cata support squads don't need a charm.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sure, you don't *need* charms for TW. b:victory

You also don't *need* potions, apothecary items, a weapon, armor, or voice chat communication. You could just head into TW naked and get to the other side. b:bye

But having those are the expected norm of TW crews, since those with more/better of those items tends to have higher chances of winning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    QQ i can't delete double posts now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Weenie - Dreamweaver
    Weenie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Spoken like people who never really did TW.

Can someone post for these idiots blahblahblaahblahqqblahblah etc etc
    Whoa. Whoa, oh my goodness. I had no idea Perfect World was serious business. I thought it was a ... a game. All this time... b:sad

The only reason I'm addressing this is because I'm flattered to be lumped into the same category as Magiere, even if that means being called an idiot. b:pleased
  • Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear
    Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This:
    Seriously how are we supposed to feel? Consistently getting screwed cause the devs are fighting something in a different version and can't be bothered to spare us a second?

I really fail to understand why different versions of PW are *NOT* assessed individually. We 'took one for the team' when they lowered DQ prices... and only cause of coin farmers in another version, and now we get to repeat history with TW pay.
    I've been around f2p MMOs, especially ones with versions around the world, plenty long enough to know how this works; The new content (events, wedding ceremony, etc) are bundled along with the TW changes and most likely the publisher of the U.S. version of PW cannot remove/edit/modify that package. I don't blame the GM's for what is happening here... it's the devs. I don't know what kind of communication there is between publisher and dev, but those people need to start looking at our version BEFORE they put a patch out that addresses non-existent problems in our community. We have our own problems here in this version, and it would be nice if they would look into those instead of creating new ones.
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It has now grown to over 1500 posts in 3 threads, (in less than 12 hours) the vast majority of which range from negative to bad to disrespectful to outright hatred and thus far we have basically had only 1 "official" GM response.

WTB the company's half of this "discussion".....

b:surrenderb:sad

^ THIS

sesnfkenjl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whoa. Whoa, oh my goodness. I had no idea Perfect World was serious business. I thought it was a ... a game. All this time... b:sad

The only reason I'm addressing this is because I'm flattered to be lumped into the same category as Magiere, even if that means being called an idiot. b:pleased

I think you're addressing the quote posts to belittle those people that have spent so much time/effort on this game.

Just because it's a game doesn't mean people don't care about it. A lot of people have spent quite a bit of money + effort to get to where they are on this game (between the cash shopping and farming for nirvana, gg), so it means a lot to them when major changes are made to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This:

I really fail to understand why different versions of PW are *NOT* assessed individually. We 'took one for the team' when they lowered DQ prices... and only cause of coin farmers in another version, and now we get to repeat history with TW pay.
    I've been around f2p MMOs, especially ones with versions around the world, plenty long enough to know how this works; The new content (events, wedding ceremony, etc) are bundled along with the TW changes and most likely the publisher of the U.S. version of PW cannot remove/edit/modify that package. I don't blame the GM's for what is happening here... it's the devs. I don't know what kind of communication there is between publisher and dev, but those people need to start looking at our version BEFORE they put a patch out that addresses non-existent problems in our community. We have our own problems here in this version, and it would be nice if they would look into those instead of creating new ones.

Damn right....you wanna fix **** going on in china and malaysia? Don't use us as a guinea pig! (Or a hamsta.) You know we're going to notice, you know we're going to complain. You know we're not stupid. You said so yourself that TW is a massive thing that all servers have going...It's important to us, all of us.

You guys making these kinds of decisions need to look at OUR verision, NOT China, NOT Malaysia!

I know you're trying to fix things before they happen, but trying to prevent something like that by preparing isn't going to make things better. When we start to show the symptoms, give us the cure! Don't overdose us on your "Tylenol" if we don't even ache.

Once again, blame doesn't go to GM's. It shouldn't. They're just doing what they're told.
    The DEVELOPERS need to speak for themselves, and speak truthfully to us, because a

LOT of us are getting fed up, and tired of being talked to and ignored when we shout that we want to be treated differently. We're one of the branches of PWE too! We're your customers! We deserve to have our turn to make a difference in this game. Don't ignore us. (You've done it before, don't deny it.)
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't punish us for stuff that happens in Malaysia and China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Murke - Harshlands
    Murke - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, so I have to put my two cents here:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought that tw money fuels the economy. Its is not about hieros or rich ppl from big guilds anymore. It will affect all players slowly, just a matter of time how fast game coin in this game runs out. How all of players will get ingame coin? No matter you in big guild or not, it will hurt all. As my understanding it was like this: big guilds get money, they use that money to buy stuff and gold other players sell. Big guild players spend this coin from tw to us who dont go tw and need ingame coin to upgrade skills, fix equip, buy stuff we need from other players. So if there is no coins coming into game where players will get coin? Cash shop can not fix your equip or pay for your skill upgrades. And if you buy from cash shop, but who will buy your gold or stuff if no ppl have lots of coins to buy it? Grinding and questing does not generate many coins as you all know, not sufficient even to upgrade your skills as you level. So I do not undestand how this game will be working with no ingame coin.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tw changes
    1) the silent bidding and no refund is harsh, one or the other would be prefered, at least refund the loosing bids when bidding closes
    2) I like the mirage change, it will remove the greedy people, and make people feel less like being in a land owning guild = your a greedy person. the people who enjoy tw will still enjoy tw
    TW should be about guild loyalty and honor not about making $$ and this will make sure that is what happens

Name being another color then text: this will cut down on the atempts to imitate people, I am ok with this
    font size: most screens its way to big, this could be slightly bigger then it was before the change, but smaller then it is now
    Chat tags: these are annoying, i was use dto them while beta testing hotk, but they really are not needed here, please remove
    Item Linking: I been waiting for this feature to come over from jade so thank you!

on other issues:
    I love that wraith attacks are back being announced.
    The new wedding event/instance is lovely
    glad to see jungle ruins back and looking forward to that
    celestial tiger event: cant wait to have a tiger pet
    bidding all waiting to see how it goes
    the event botique i saw this coming from having played jade, no complaints

I overall have faith that things will get sorted on the issues here. I am however not playing atm just cause i am so sick and tired of the QQ drama in guild and world chats. b:cry b:surrender And what is sad is my non land owning guild that my psy is in is worse then the land owning guild my cleric is in atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfiepochie - Lost City
    Wolfiepochie - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How wrong you are alot of the people complaining bout this absolutely terrible change are cashshop players. Don't pretend you know things.

Meaning TW pay means nothing to them. Thats something called pocket change to the poor folk like you.

LMFAO<3 Exactly it is kinda like pocket change. N im sure everyone likes pocket change :D
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do agree that these changes could drop the price of gold because now there will less coins inyected every week (much less). I hope this happen because then I will not see the point of expending 1m-2m coins every week for a worthless piece of land while I could use that money to actually improve my gear.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMFAO<3 Exactly it is kinda like pocket change. N im sure everyone likes pocket change :D

Me has no pockets.
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfiepochie - Lost City
    Wolfiepochie - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No need to **** if you know how to grind properly (seems a lot do not) and where to grind at.

To lazy to quote your other post. Ya so like im on a ****ing pvp server. Goin grinding = automatically keeled by people.Do i care? No. But theres a difference between pvp npve server.Srry I cant turn on protections like you n prance around in fields all day (:

Not even sure if that made sense but who the **** cares.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do agree that these changes could drop the price of gold because now there will less coins inyected every week. I hope this happen because then I will not see the point of expending 1m-2m coins every week for a worthless piece of land while I could use that money to actually improve my gear.
    The TW won't have anything to do with the gold prices, take out the fliping packs, get rid of the 10mil bank note, then everything should go back, but then again who am i to take away money from PWI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • __codex__ - Lost City
    __codex__ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    At least we don't have the distracting TW announcements and bidding.
    We can focus better on what we really want to know: who got the token of .%#^&. luck. And made it more accessible to the visually impaired by changing and increasing the font.

Let is be known that everyone is getting a token of *&^%$ luck.

AND YOU CAN TOO !

DON'T BE LEFT OUT

BUY NOW

BUY NOW

in case you missed it:

Duke shouts: BUY NOW!! , PURCHASE !!
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This WASNT to curb gold farming, this was to force charging of zen plain and simple.

Oh and the end result? You just created a vacuum for ACTUAL GOLD FARMERS TO SELL COINS.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Let me just assure you that we do NOT want to ruin the TW system. From what I understand, these changes were implemented to combat problems that have plagued longer-running versions of PW -- those in Malaysia and China. I have to say that I do like the idea of taking what we know about those versions and using it to try to protect this version.

What I'm asking is that we give this system some time before condemning it for good. There has been a lot of speculation, and the majority of you are very much against it, and that's been noted, believe me.

But for now, this is the game, and these are the changes that have been made to it. We will be closely monitoring what happens with TW over this next month, and Konari, Aryanna, and myself will be on these boards to hear you out during the process.

Thank-you for observing the situations at PW-MY and PW-Beijin... And this change is for the better...

Thank you for making sure PWI will last a very very very long b:victory

BTW.. for those of you that think this patch will fix the problems in the other servers.. it wont.. the damage is already been done... This fix is for THIS server... PWI... it hasnt been afflicted with the problems yet that the other OLDER versions have.
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so now staying in a big TW guild that nomnoms ur charm every weekend is a huge money sink for your char? b:laugh might make for some interesting changes on server.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    quiv wrote: »
    Thank-you for observing the situations at PW-MY and PW-Beijin... And this change is for the better...

Thank you for making sure PWI will last a very very very long b:victory

BTW.. for those of you that think this patch will fix the problems in the other servers.. it wont.. the damage is already been done... This fix is for THIS server... PWI... it hasnt been afflicted with the problems yet that the other OLDER versions have.

Gold farmers were pretty non existent, gold farmers couldn't sell coin cheaper than AH. Gold farming in China thrives because of their economy and the fact they can get 20 homeless boys off the street in a day, tell them "play this game for 20 hours a day and we will give you a cot to sleep on and food"

Can't really pull that off here thus it cannot thrive as a profitable industry. The update only claimed to address a non-existent problem to drive up gold charging.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NO one needs charms in TW IF no one else is charmed.

That will never happen. The cash shoppers will always be charmed and the non-cash shoppers will struggle to get a charm or not TW at all.

PW just gave the non-cash shoppers a perfect excuse for NOT signing up and participating in TW.
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Haha wow. I know EA is the Evil Empire of video game companies but right now anyone is better than these knuckleheads running the game now.
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Haha wow. I know EA is the Evil Empire of video game companies but right now anyone is better than these knuckleheads running the game now.

skip the middleman and send your complaints here:

Perfect World Co., Ltd.
    Vivien Wang
    Investor Relations Officer
    Tel: +86-10-5885-1813
    Fax: +86-10-5885-6899
    Email: ir@pwrd.com
    Web: http://www.pwrd.com

Christensen Investor Relations
    Kathy Li
    Tel: +1-480-614-3036
    Fax: +1-480-614-3033
    Email: kli@christensenir.com

Roger Hu
    Tel: +86-10-5971-2001
    Fax: +86-10-5971-2001
    Email: rhu@christensenir.com

I figure they must be interested in what their customers think, or at least bring it up on a board meeting if you make it clear to them what yourt problems are.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like how stocks are up b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    skip the middleman and send your complaints here:

Perfect World Co., Ltd.
    Vivien Wang
    Investor Relations Officer
    Tel: +86-10-5885-1813
    Fax: +86-10-5885-6899
    Email: ir@pwrd.com
    Web: http://www.pwrd.com

Christensen Investor Relations
    Kathy Li
    Tel: +1-480-614-3036
    Fax: +1-480-614-3033
    Email: kli@christensenir.com

Roger Hu
    Tel: +86-10-5971-2001
    Fax: +86-10-5971-2001
    Email: rhu@christensenir.com

I better dust off my 中文 knowledge and get to making some e-mails.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everything thinks removing 500m is going to help lower gold prices, does anyone stop and think about how much of that 500m actually goes into the TWs and not into the economy? I bet you out of the 500m 80% goes back into TWs and not towards anything else, so this change isn't going to be as big of a difference as you guys think.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Haha wow. I know EA is the Evil Army of video game companies but right now anyone is better than these knuckleheads running the game now.

They be not happy when you get their name wrong.
    D:
    evilarmyfinalcovernh7.jpg&t=1
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.