An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hardly see how my opinion is worthless when now I'm actually considering to TW. That's gotta prove something right there.

You fail to realize that people might be quitting because they can't make coins anymore, but there are plenty of other ways to make money in this game, without cash shopping. For as many people quit TW, there will be new ones.

"Not being into PvP" and "considering TW" makes your opinion of the recent TW changes doubly worthless.

It's also entirely possible that PWI is using this as an excuse to flush out the high-level players that make them no money, for the newbies that will charge Zen.

That doesn't make your uninformed "opinions" more valuable, however.

RedMenace

\"plenty of ways to make money" - puh-lease
    \\its not a crime for this change to have no effect on you
    \\\pretty stupid to say that because you're fine, the rest of us are as unaffected as well
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    honestly i dont care if the TW pay ever gets changed my faction will TW becuase we want to have fun and i like the fact that now we see what factions realy are "family" and what ones were just full of ppl looking for a quick payday and dont QQ bout charm cost you dont need it to TW if im charmed means ive worked my **** off to go and farm/grind to buy the charm dont see why you guys think you need the TW pay for charms charms are not required for TW or pk 9/10 times im TWing or pking im uncharmed it makes it more fun when your not in "god mode" with charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CornerSan - Raging Tide
    CornerSan - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "...PVP of any kind." Remember that? Yeah, that includes TW. And are you just now considering to TW after realizing those with any skill are probably leaving? Also, there were other ways to make money. Now the value of almost everything out there is going to drop dramatically. Yes, it will be easier for people to obtain gear. But that also means that it will be easier for everyone to obtain good gear. Those who already have a large sum of coins will still be far ahead of the curve. Otherwise, the only way to put yourself ahead of the competition is to cash shop.

Yeah, all the good pvpers will probably leave TW now.. Alot of people in the territory owning factions are leaveing and quiting the game. Others are gathering and protesting the TW changes by making shops saying "Quiting" all in one place.
    Not many people will actually wait to see the effect on gold prices. but if prices of gold don't change then what?
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    WTB> Punctuation^

Being able to afford your own charm is great but how are factions supposed to support bidding, and what is going to convince smaller factions to bid on larger factions now?

Think before you press post.

edit: posted too late, meant punctuation for Bad's post
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "...PVP of any kind." Remember that? Yeah, that includes TW. And are you just now considering to TW after realizing those with any skill are probably leaving? Also, there were other ways to make money. Now the value of almost everything out there is going to drop dramatically. Yes, it will be easier for people to obtain gear. But that also means that it will be easier for everyone to obtain good gear. Those who already have a large sum of coins will still be far ahead of the curve. Otherwise, the only way to put yourself ahead of the competition is to cash shop.
    Obviously you didn't read what I wrote, as I said slapping on a charm doesn't require any skill at all. And yes, I'm making fun of a whole lot of PVPers who rely on their precious charms. I'm not saying all are like that, but I have a feeling the majority who are whining are that type.
    What I'm saying is this is a way for the field to be EVENED a bit. It's a chance for everyone to lay back and remember why the heck they play this game in the first place. Is it for fun or is it to make their e-peen feel bigger than it really is?
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I mostly feel bad for the new players in the game that didn't have a chance to experience what PW life was like before the necessity of charms.

From what I hear, people are upset about the revamped TW system simply because of the pay. And where I understand that the convenience of the pay makes it easier to buy gear rather than spend hours on farming, charms to live longer, orbs to refine higher, people have seemed to really forgot how to live without the needs of these things. Hell, I didn't even know what any of these things really were until my 60s back then, and I managed to play the game just fine. Yes, PVP requires all of the above now, but most of the heavy PVPers[in PvE Servers anyway] are cash shoppers who look at TW pay as real chump change.

I believe that this will give fair advantage to players that aren't in those high guilds that sit on land for weeks and defend, defend, defend. No more fake bids, which is a huge advantage really when it comes to battling for the sake of having land,not for the sake of having money. One of the ways that coin influxed in the game[albeit not one of the first ones I would've gotten rid of over other things], has been removed. And let's face it. PW is not touching the packs. Not as long as 90% of the game players that don't even read the forums continue to buy and charge.

We have overcame the addition of end-game[nolonger,really] items being avalaible via cash shop in the came. We can overcome this.

But, I really like this patch. The Interface is a lot of whacky bs, but its nothing that we as the players can't get used to over time. A new dungeon to play around in, and getting married is a bit more exciting than it normally was. Even if you were married before, you could do a sort of vow renewal thing that allows you to experience the chapel for yourself. More events. For some, it may look like a mask over the apparent problems of not being able to get paid for TW. But, to them I say this:

Stop looking at TW as a paycheck.

Also, I agree with whoever said that perhaps a better reward for TW would be rep and rank badges rather than mirages. A lot more would hit Rank 8 then, and I'm sure that would make people happy =) b:victory
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Charms were 'necessary' in TW because the game doesn't balance the damage in PvP well enough to support having no charms. Without a charm an archer can pick off other players from a mile away, whereas charms buy BMs/barbs enough time to close the distance. Since archers have lower HP it won't benefit them as much at close range. Yea I can see pvp with no charms, but only when it becomes much much harder for wizards and archers to actually 1shot or 2shot others.
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Not being into PvP" and "considering TW" makes your opinion of the recent TW changes doubly worthless.

It's also entirely possible that PWI is using this as an excuse to flush out the high-level players that make them no money, for the newbies that will charge Zen.

That doesn't make your uninformed "opinions" more valuable, however.

RedMenace

\"plenty of ways to make money" - puh-lease
    \\its not a crime for this change to have no effect on you
    \\\pretty stupid to say that because you're fine, the rest of us are as unaffected as well
    So I guess the only opinions over the game are ones that involve bashing everything that's new to the game. I'll remember this from now on when I browse the forum, also that my opinion is worthless since it differs from the norm. Thank you so much for pointing this out to me, I can go on with my life now.
  • SugarCupcake - Sanctuary
    SugarCupcake - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So what needs to happen is for the next month or so NO ONE TW's and NO ONE spends real life money on this game.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    WTB> Punctuation^

Being able to afford your own charm is great but how are factions supposed to support bidding, and what is going to convince smaller factions to bid on larger factions now?

Think before you press post.

edit: posted too late, meant punctuation for Bad's post

umm incase you didnt notice im not required to put punctuation if i dont want to if i wanna have 1 big **** run on sentance i can its my choise if it offends you too bad my name isnt niceazmofo or politeazmofo yes i can be polite and yes i can be nice but only when i chose to be and as for why smaller factions bid same as before to go have fun lol you dont think the ones TWing cala actuly though they had a chance if they were the only ones TWing cala did you lol they do it for fun not for profit and thats what i love bout my faction we dont need to have any incentive to TW exept for the TW its self now please go QQ in the street your fail flame made my eyes hurt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I mostly feel bad for the new players in the game that didn't have a chance to experience what PW life was like before the necessity of charms.

Ditto, and who didn't have to do their FBs the hard way or pioneer the new instances instead of having high level players solo it for them.

From what I hear, people are upset about the revamped TW system simply because of the pay. And where I understand that the convenience of the pay makes it easier to buy gear rather than spend hours on farming, charms to live longer, orbs to refine higher, people have seemed to really forgot how to live without the needs of these things. Hell, I didn't even know what any of these things really were until my 60s back then, and I managed to play the game just fine. Yes, PVP requires all of the above now, but most of the heavy PVPers[in PvE Servers anyway] are cash shoppers who look at TW pay as real chump change.

Not just because of the pay...because of the cost of TW. Not to mention now smaller factions will lack the motivation to bid on larger factions, or for any weaker faction to bid on a stronger faction at all. Also, mirages are pretty much useless, and it's VERY hard to split a badge between 80+ TWers fairly.

I believe that this will give fair advantage to players that aren't in those high guilds that sit on land for weeks and defend, defend, defend. No more fake bids, which is a huge advantage really when it comes to battling for the sake of having land,not for the sake of having money. One of the ways that coin influxed in the game[albeit not one of the first ones I would've gotten rid of over other things], has been removed. And let's face it. PW is not touching the packs. Not as long as 90% of the game players that don't even read the forums continue to buy and charge.

Not really...the only advantage this patch gives is for NEW players who only know how to cash shop to catch up to old players. Soon enough TT mats and nirvana crystals will be in the cash shop too for lack of people who care to farm them...oh wait we could already get nirvana crystals from packs huh?

We have overcame the addition of end-game[nolonger,really] items being avalaible via cash shop in the came. We can overcome this.

No, we survived the cancer packs because the cash shoppers were able to get many times the coin they used to for selling gold so many people bought gold. The game was an UPGRADE to better gear, etc. This is a downgrade.

But, I really like this patch. The Interface is a lot of whacky bs, but its nothing that we as the players can't get used to over time. A new dungeon to play around in, and getting married is a bit more exciting than it normally was. Even if you were married before, you could do a sort of vow renewal thing that allows you to experience the chapel for yourself. More events. For some, it may look like a mask over the apparent problems of not being able to get paid for TW. But, to them I say this:

Stop looking at TW as a paycheck.

Many of the people who are complaining don't look at TW as a paycheck. I play the game like once a week (mainly for TW) and I don't need the TW pay to pay for charms.

Also, I agree with whoever said that perhaps a better reward for TW would be rep and rank badges rather than mirages. A lot more would hit Rank 8 then, and I'm sure that would make people happy =) b:victory

That I can agree with.

My replies are in red
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thank you, Frankie, for taking the time to read and respond to the concerns. I know the GMs do not have power over the changes (only the Beijing developers have control over what goes into the patches) and it sucks that you guys are left to deal with the firestorm of QQ's that come as a result. :(

I must be weird, because I like the new fonts. I hate the TW change, and I hate how the packs have allowed people to buy all their end-game gear. I think PWI has finally turned into a CS-only game, and I just can't afford that. I would honestly rather pay $15/month in subscription and farm than spend $15/week to TW.

It's been fun guys, but I think my time to play has come to an end.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    umm incase you didnt notice im not required to put punctuation if i dont want to if i wanna have 1 big **** run on sentance i can its my choise if it offends you too bad my name isnt niceazmofo or politeazmofo yes i can be polite and yes i can be nice but only when i chose to be and as for why smaller factions bid same as before to go have fun lol you dont think the ones TWing cala actuly though they had a chance if they were the only ones TWing cala did you lol they do it for fun not for profit and thats what i love bout my faction we dont need to have any incentive to TW exept for the TW its self now please go QQ in the street your fail flame made my eyes hurt

No, you are not required to use any punctuation, but if you want your post to actually be read, more people will read it if it's actually UNDERSTANDABLE. And for it to be UNDERSTANDABLE, punctuation helps a lot. I don't give a damn if you're nice or not. I am a troll, I've seen stupider people than you. My faction will continue to TW, paid or not, but we will get fewer TWs if no one feels like risking money on us so why don't you READ before you QQ.

Oh wait, I forgot, someone told me people who can't type properly can't read either. Nevermind, carry on.
  • Alteir - Harshlands
    Alteir - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "nice" WORK PWI YOU FAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN

next time when you want to do something like this **** just put voting in forum and see what every1 will say about it . EASY AND FAIR WAY TO DO CHANGES IN GAME

beautiful Idea. OMG I would vote the person president of the planet I love this idea so much!
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You are right, you don't have to add punctuation. However, not doing so makes you look like an idiot. Not to mention if you can't even apply the simple rules of basic English, how is it you expect anyone to look at your posts and not think "well, he's an idiot, moving on to someone who actually has some intellect." Aside from the fact that what you have to say might be given some credit by using proper English, it also is respectful to others to at least break up your post with sentences. Then, people can understand what you are saying.

As an example, I got through the first two lines and said to myself "well, might as well just comment on what can be read thoroughly and understood without having to read your mind. If you don't want to punctuate, don't. It would be nice though if you would and I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, you are not required to use any punctuation, but if you want your post to actually be read, more people will read it if it's actually UNDERSTANDABLE. And for it to be UNDERSTANDABLE, punctuation helps a lot. I don't give a damn if you're nice or not. I am a troll, I've seen stupider people than you. My faction will continue to TW, paid or not, but we will get fewer TWs if no one feels like risking money on us so why don't you READ before you QQ.

Oh wait, I forgot, someone told me people who can't type properly can't read either. Nevermind, carry on.

oh im sry ms. troll does my non punctuation make you mad lol btw i can type 100 words a min+ with full punctuation if i wanted to i choose not to cuz i simply dont want to and for no one wanting to read my post sure caught your attention b:chuckle oh so youve seen stupider people than me? lol thats not surpriseing you probly get called stupid on a daily basis if you want to be a good troll please go back to school take basic psych and maybe you can be success full and i didnt QQ at all lol did you forget i said i dont care lol in other words im impartail sry didnt relize you dont know how to understand how else shoud i phrase it maybe im indifferent to the changes will work? hmm that might be too hard for you to understand and what you though was a QQ was me simply saying you dont need charms to TW or pk lol so no QQ from me your the one who seems intent on flameing trolling and QQing btw you fail at all of them lol your poorly formulated troll/flame posts dont even work right lol b:laugh god i love troll bashing its my fav hobby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh im sry ms. troll does my non punctuation make you mad lol btw i can type 100 words a min+ with full punctuation if i wanted to i choose not to cuz i simply dont want to and for no one wanting to read my post sure caught your attention b:chuckle oh so youve seen stupider people than me? lol thats not surpriseing you probly get called stupid on a daily basis if you want to be a good troll please go back to school take basic psych and maybe you can be success full and i didnt QQ at all lol did you forget i said i dont care lol in other words im impartail sry didnt relize you dont know how to understand how else shoud i phrase it maybe im indifferent to the changes will work? hmm that might be too hard for you to understand and what you though was a QQ was me simply saying you dont need charms to TW or pk lol so no QQ from me your the one who seems intent on flameing trolling and QQing btw you fail at all of them lol your poorly formulated troll/flame posts dont even work right lol b:laugh god i love troll bashing its my fav hobby

I did not read anything you said but it probably ran a long the lines of "QQ more cuz I like looking like an idiot."

Sad thing is I wasn't even trying to insult you and you're spouting walls of BS. Idiots these days....
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now the land holding factions have to work their asses of during the week to get charms, like everyone else...
    They are acting like spoiled brats, lol.

Quoted for epic truth. Well said, Mag.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Weenie - Dreamweaver
    Weenie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whoa. My mind was just blown.
    All this time, I thought people were TWing because it was fun.

My god. This ... This changes everything.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I did not read anything you said but it probably ran a long the lines of "QQ more cuz I like looking like an idiot."

Sad thing is I wasn't even trying to insult you and you're spouting walls of BS. Idiots these days....

Ok i will hummor ACLucius with useing punctuation. See what its like when someone trolls you lenore? I got the reaction i wanted out of you thats what being a troll is you fail misserably at it lol. So for being a self proclaimed "troll" I think you need to go google what a troll realy is and learn how to do it properly. And for not trying to insult me umm yes you were lol. See atleast when i insult people i admit to it you troll/flame and then clame you didnt lol. My over all point was that you dont need a charm to pk or TW most of the people who arent in the big name factions and who pk or TW arent charmed if they can do it uncharmed why cant the people who are supost to be the most skilled at TW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok i will hummor ACLucius with useing punctuation. See what its like when someone trolls you lenore? I got the reaction i wanted out of you thats what being a troll is you fail misserably at it lol. So for being a self proclaimed "troll" I think you need to go google what a troll realy is and learn how to do it properly. And for not trying to insult me umm yes you were lol. See atleast when i insult people i admit to it you troll/flame and then clame you didnt lol. My over all point was that you dont need a charm to pk or TW most of the people who arent in the big name factions and who pk or TW arent charmed if they can do it uncharmed why cant the people who are supost to be the most skilled at TW?

I get trolled all the time; it kinda comes with being a troll. I don't care what reaction you wanted out of me, I just give what I feel like. Like I said already, I wasn't trying to troll you, but it somehow worked out that way anyways, so I guess I"m better than I thought :P

Edit: Lol, you wanted me to respond by not reading your post? Haha, okay, sure
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I get trolled all the time; it kinda comes with being a troll. I don't care what reaction you wanted out of me, I just give what I feel like. Like I said already, I wasn't trying to troll you, but it somehow worked out that way anyways, so I guess I"m better than I thought :P

lol how did it work out better? My reaction, tone, emotional state havent changed at all and thats what a troll aims at its a game of manipulateing someones feeling lol. See problem is i dont care what you say so you cant manipulate my feeling but seems i did manupulate yours since i got the desired reaction out of you.

Back on topic so have any figures on how many people rage quit the larger TW factions as soon as they heard the changes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol how did it work out better? My reaction, tone, emotional state havent changed at all and thats what a troll aims at its a game of manipulateing someones feeling lol. See problem is i dont care what you say so you cant manipulate my feeling but seems i did manupulate yours since i got the desired reaction out of you.

Back on topic so have any figures on how many people rage quit the larger TW factions as soon as they heard the changes?

You did not manipulate my feelings and there is no proof of doing so. In fact, I managed to incite a defensive response from you with just one line. If your 'desired reaction' was me not reading your post, then that's your (mental) problem, not mine.
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, to be straight here, what we are being told is that a big reason for this change is that PWI wants to lower the gold prices to make it affordable for everyone and the prices are currently too high... Um...

Ok, so why don't they just set a maximum price for the gold trading? Because, really, it is not a true market that is run by completely uncontrollable factors. Perfect World (obviously) controls the code for the servers and has 100% control over them. So set a maximum (possibly configurable by server in which case the US and China servers don't have to match all the time) amount. Then no one will ever complain about high prices again.

OR stop the gold trading in market form and just make an item in the boutique that can be bought for gold and sold for a set amount of coin at an NPC (like a purchasable and smaller 10 Mil Big Note) and, at the same time, make an item that can be bought from an NPC that will take coin and give you gold. Then gold is still accesable for all players, even the non-cash shoppers, and there will be no more whining about high gold prices or need to ruin a (previously) perfectly good experience like TW.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You did not manipulate my feelings and there is no proof of doing so. In fact, I managed to incite a defensive response from you with just one line. If your 'desired reaction' was me not reading your post, then that's your (mental) problem, not mine.

-_- this is the last time ill respond to ya lenore mostly cuz im farming mats to lvl my apoc and tailor. What you saw as a defencive responce was a counter attack lol. I dont like defence i perfer to fight a offence with a counter offence. Later gtg farm and lvl my apoc and make some apocs for TW tommorrow night ;D have fun trying to troll ppl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Loving the new TW changes..after reading all that QQing i think most people forgot that TW was about FUN.

Now the land holding factions have to work their asses of during the week to get charms, like everyone else...
    They are acting like spoiled brats, lol.
    Whoa. My mind was just blown.
    All this time, I thought people were TWing because it was fun.

My god. This ... This changes everything.

Spoken like people who never really did TW.

Can someone post for these idiots what the cost of towers, catas, etc is for one (1) TW? Not to mention the bid to get it in the first place.

Then tell them what those 200 mirages will sell for.

Noone will do TW at all. Noone is going to pay money to own land. The whole point was to get the reward. It was fun to do, yes, but the point was the reward.

"TW is supposed to be about FUN"

idiots.

Real fun when noone does it anymore.

But thats ok. Maybe these idiots just wants their weak factions to own land so they can finally feel op. Well, after the novelty wears off, sweethearts, I guaranty your the first people NOT to put down your OWN coin to put up a tower, let alone actually bid on the land in the first place. Bet on it.

This will kill TW over time. If it doesn't, all it will be is 6x's poking at each other for 3 hours to give it a try until they, like their betters, recognize that it is no longer even worth logging on for.

Yea, real fun.
    So what needs to happen is for the next month or so NO ONE TW's and NO ONE spends real life money on this game.

Will take more than a month, but yes, over time noone will TW anymore. At least not seriously. It will be a joke. Like Dragon Quest. Not the items, the actual quests - didn't know there even was a quest to use those things for? Kinda my point.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    -_- this is the last time ill respond to ya lenore mostly cuz im farming mats to lvl my apoc and tailor. What you saw as a defencive responce was a counter attack lol. I dont like defence i perfer to fight a offence with a counter offence. Later gtg farm and lvl my apoc and make some apocs for TW tommorrow night ;D have fun trying to troll ppl

Yes, because replying to a statement that remarks upon your inability to use proper English by saying "Well I can do whatever I want because I am BAD" is not defensive at all.

Oh yea, and the "I'm leaving and not replying again" is a typical butthurt comment. If I really need to leave I just leave, no one needs to know about it.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, to be straight here, what we are being told is that a big reason for this change is that PWI wants to lower the gold prices to make it affordable for everyone and the prices are currently too high... Um...

Ok, so why don't they just set a maximum price for the gold trading?

Because this, like everything else, is all too much claptrap.

This, as other changes, is clearly designed to pull coin out of the servers. Of that there can be no doubt. Why?

Maybe they think the gold price will remain high? Hmmm. They are introducing 2 new packs, selling the 2 versions of the revamped anni packs AT THE SAME TIME (never done before).

Why would they want less coin on the server AND high gold prices?

That would mean that you would be less likely to have the coin to buy the gold to get the stuff you wanted out of the boutique.

Then what?

Farm DQ mats? Whoops! Those are worth less as well.

I guess if you want those charms, those packs, that herc, you will just have to charge zen. No way to farm it in game anymore. There just isn't enough coin on the server to earn.

Hmm, high gold prices + less coin on server means more people will have to charge gold.

If noone sees me in game anymore, its because I was killed for what I know - or because I'll be damned if I am going to charge gold to finish my event gear to TW for mirages.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Alteir - Harshlands
    Alteir - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Glancing over the petty arguing between two players that I saw right before making this post lemme touch on this "you don't need charms" thing i keep seeing. I enjoy the occasional PK and usually i'm not charmed for it. However PK is not the same as TW. Yes there are similarities but there are also differences. Since I'm usually on offense supporting a cata barb and have an actual job to do that i can't deviate from to go chase some wiz who just hit me for 2.5k It helps alot to have a charm for those times when I get close to the base or a tower and I might have 3 or more people hitting me at the same time. If 2 out of the 3 are mag users without a charm I have untill my two mag absorbing Genie skills are used up then I die shortly after. Hopefully I've killed one or two of my attackers by this time. Now this is assuming I'm going up against average people. Lets say i'm up against a wizard that hits me for 4k minimum. And a sin that comes out of stealth and stuns me before I can use Balance. Hmmm. No charm i'm pretty much dead. It's not something I rely on in PK because I can pick and chose when the best time is to go out of SZ to ensure that i'm either on even footing or in an advantagous position. But in TW when I have no choice in the matter but to accept I'm not going to get many if any 1 on 1's that charm sure comes in handy. Especially since I'm not a char with 3k HP who gets to attack from 30m away and if they get caught up close the charm doesn't benefit them at all anyway.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It has now grown to over 1500 posts in 3 threads, (in less than 12 hours) the vast majority of which range from negative to bad to disrespectful to outright hatred and thus far we have basically had only 1 "official" GM response.

WTB the company's half of this "discussion".....

b:surrenderb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.