An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Imo, TW is fun to do on a PvE server cause you get to battle opponents for once outside of dueling.

I don'tcare about TW payout, or how much inflates the economy really but i do find something very funny :

One of the arguements is that a Fac could own a whole map and nothing could be done about it. On DW one fac did hold the whole map. Now those fac members just went into a different fac and the map is now owned by several other "weaker" facs.

The new fac they made however is still there with most of the same members and they are also present on the map. The members of that fac mamaged to get insane gear and still have a crapload of coins because TW payouts lasted for months on end.

How long do you think it will take for that "new" fac to re-own the map again ?

Do you really think that TWing is the only income high lvl fac's have ?

The only thing the new TW system does is give LESS cash to those that own land now, but those that owned land in the past earned enough to be able to overbid anyone at this point.

The new TW system just nerfs the "lower" Facs and does nearly nothing to improve the system. Basically, lower facs are F. over. No decent income for them so they'll get wiped in no time.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Frankie made a statement about this not long ago. They have been paying attention and acknowledged an overall large decrease in TW participation across PWI. However, the changes and effects were designed for the CN servers without consideration to how it would affect PWI. With that in mind, nothing is likely going to change because PWE developers only really care about how their changes affect their servers... the DQ nerf and PWI's Point System clearly show that they had to compensate users here while the players on CN servers received nothing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, if this matters to anyone posting here: on sanctuary, we went from a long term one faction map monopoly to an interesting TW map.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Felt like Necroing an old post:

So Um, TW changes were supposed to bring gold prices "Back down to earth" when they were 450-500k per?

Arent gold prices at like 700k?

I guess things never change :P

I guess hoping that the Genesis update will save pwi, for me, is too much to hope for.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Felt like Necroing an old post:

So Um, TW changes were supposed to bring gold prices "Back down to earth" when they were 450-500k per?

Arent gold prices at like 700k?

I guess things never change :P

I guess hoping that the Genesis update will save pwi, for me, is too much to hope for.

Beat me to it.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

#2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it..

This is true but... many other things play into this.

I am one that plays on the Maylasia Server (PW-MY) since open beta. The thing here is not so much the coin won from TW, it is the way the legions are ran.

And many can poo-poo this but it is true. I was in each of the top four legions... and the top three were ran by Officers that were fairly hard core.

The top one, planned well in advance, left nothing to chance. They farmed hard, and bought when there were massively reduced sales on rare items, and waited... and always timed their resales perfectly. They assigned mentors to the newer green members, bodyguards to those who could not grind w/o being pked. They always were there to help you grow and learn. When I failed at luring, two took me out to teach me, and it was not given to me as an insult, but as a 'we are a team, if you fail we all fail - so let us teach you'. They TW'ed with strategy, always having alternate plans in motion.

The second top legion, were the PVPers, and amazing. They taught me to not QQ when being slammed down, to get back out there and do my best. To not be rambo, and to be able to say 'good fight' when I did get slammed down. These were the ones that ran out to the TW field, and just kicked butt, fighting by instinct and always always in the arena honing their skills. This legion was different in the fact that if you failed, they picked you up, slapped you in the head and told you to 'wake up' - think about what you are doing.. and pushed you forward to do it again.

The third top legion, were a blend of both. Helpful, smart, and I learned alot from each of the three.

See, people join them, because of the great leaders that were there, we wanted to learn from them, to hang around them, and you know some are here, even the leader of a very large guild, probably one of the best female Leaders I have ever seen in action. She was unselfish, always helping her guildies, never asking for a thing in return - and her officers were the same. Really amazing guild and glad I was a member even if for a short time.

People join these legions, because of the people, and in that version the guild tag meant something.. it was a title we were damn proud to wear over our heads.

The gold/coin given out by TW was used for repairs and such, but I sincerely doubt once you spread it through 200 people, that 1 mil on that server went far, considering that 1 mil is not very much there.

In my opinion, the issue with the Maylasian version was that they partnered with
    and were allowed to buy coin - legally. This is what inflated the ingame prices, gold sales.. Honestly, if you buy from their cs it is about 1/4th the price of this version. But this version offers 99% more events, cool stuff, things to do... and 100% evolving into much much more...

But see the other thing is, we had / have high refines because the item needed to move refines from one armor to another is fairly cheap - actually very cheap.

I think that maybe it is easy to say 'this this and that' ruined the other two versions, but the fact is the lack of GM's in the game, total lack of updates (no updates from Feb to June - we still had Happy Valentine's Day messages in May-June), lack of support and ability to buy coin from their partners ruined the game.

These versions - the people, the game play are totally opposite. On that version NO ONE WOULD DARE drop out of a party once it began, w/o a damn good explaintion -- or you lost face.

There is no 'running off with mats', no lack of knowing your skills and heading to a FB.... no blaming each other for a squad failing... People there are totally different, and things are ran different. You act like an arts and people look at you differntly -- and when you **** up contineously and dont care... well then you wont find parties -- you will find yourself guildless and the thing is - your Leader WILL say 'cut it out, stop the World Chat QQ'ing or your out'. And mouthing off to officers in your Legion? Not even done... You will suffer for that insult.

That's kinda why people want to be in those top legions... not so much for $. If you play there, you know.. those people are -NOT- cash shoppers, they have grinded out those rank 8's. Grinded out those rare capes running SM endlessly.. and they HELP each other.

One gets a cape, then the rest help the next in line.

And until the mind-set on some of these servers change, it will always be people join as fast as people leave.

NOTE: I have seen alot of really good Legions on HL, very helpful and got their act together. But you know, fake-bids is a thing that will always exist... unless the programming is changed/varied.

I really think giving back gold, will help and not ripple effect as other think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Old thread is old. There should just be a referendum of the player base to let them decide what is more competitive; not some people who don't play the game deciding for us. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ahh been awhile since ive seen this....and now yall necro'd this and gave pwi to finally kill one of the thorn in their sides QQ oh well theres still others
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I remember this thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I remember this thread!

Alas, poor thread, I knew it well... Closed for necro'ing a necro...yikes...twice dead zombies!!
This discussion has been closed.