Things you don't want to hear a high level say (all classes).

Options

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Who cares if it's better than my other (Armor/Weapon), My current one is prettier!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am a banana
    O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have 2 epic ones, both related to venos

Taking a veno 70 + into TT after she QQ a lot about we never inviting her to TTs...
    Epic one # 2:

At cosmoforce, me tanking again...

Boss starts buffing...
    Me: plz purge boss

Veno: purge?

me :yes, fox form skill

Veno: oh, i dont have any skills from fox (not even fox form itself).

There goes my charm

Buehehe, I have purge lvl1 or 2 and never used it. However I really never had a need of it, I mostly amp, myriad and use genie debuff. TT i do solo, I've done 3-1 with mates 2 days ago and one was going afk and second (archer) was shooting ST in the middle of boss, I'll continue solo runs then.

About Psy healing, lolz. I was doing drummer with only Psy lvl60 however herc was tanking not me xD
  • fyden
    fyden Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BH 59 Drake
    Avg. lvl of squad members 75

Wiz: Btw barb i am tanking this one.

Cleirc(me): ummm! i think the the barb should. I mean you only have 2k hp.

Wiz: Look my magic def is much higher and it will save on his repair bill. I know what i am
    doing.

Barb: idc, (barb goes into human form)

(veno pulls and wiz attacks just as drake passes him... Drake slaps him {one shot} wiz dies)

wiz: gees why didn't you heal me

me: u.u
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wizard > Barb when tanking Drake though. o-O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

what is this thing with so many venos being paranoid about getting the full set of fox skills? thats part of what we are supposed to do- our pet hammers away on the boss, while we are underneath, letting the air out of his tires with purge/amp/etc, switching back now and then to spark the tank. to me, thats what makes venos so much fun to play, that we can do so much!

my cleric is boring, and gets SO annoying to play, with idiot squad mates who ask for buffs, but wont stand still or close enough to get them, they are too much of a hurry to run off and get smeared. and while they are taking a dirt nap, they whine that 'why didnt you buff us?!' seems to me the reason the cleric is the slowest runner in the game is perhaps because an instance *isnt* supposed to be run at Warp 10, but done slower, and more thoroughly?

x.x horrible... while bosses I tell the tank when to send first spark.. trough out that moment I send one every time the skill has cooldowned...
    also I jump in and out fox form all the time XD I mean... I g2 amp that boss.. debuff it, keep it weakened, burned and poisoned :D b:laugh

when there are two veno's in squad I often notice I'm the only one who actually goes in and out fox on bosses >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Once heard in Archesaur at a rare moment when I was not AFK catshopping:
    Wizard: wat is that red weapon icon on the right?
    Quit catshop and check his equip, looks like he is lvl7x.
  • RxForPain - Heavens Tear
    RxForPain - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    firm38dds wrote: »
    Hearing a level 91 cleric say in vent " what's Purify?"

It's funny you say this because the last 2 clerics I were in a squad with both acted like they didnt know what purify meant. I was like "after I invoke, plz purify" and i got nothing for about a min from neither of them...
    b:cool Heavens Tear's Sexiest Panda b:cool
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A high lv barb join BH squad, because the squad leader (barb) not want to repair his armor later :

Everyone : " Thank you for coming. "
    High Lv Barb : " Please give me all drops, my repair cost is unbelievable. "

No one talking and before entering the instance

Squad Leader (Barb) : " Let me tanking, kick him. "

And the squad leader isn't a greedy barb, but the squad give him the mold drop.
    Now he not afraid of repair cost. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fyden wrote: »
    BH 59 Drake

Wiz: Look my magic def is much higher and it will save on his repair bill. I know what i am
    doing.

(veno pulls and wiz attacks just as drake passes him... Drake slaps him {one shot} wiz dies)

Wiz always tanks drake. By posting this you're just making yourself look more of a nub than the wiz. =/ Healing an arcane for drake is perhaps the easiest thing for a cleric to do. I even do it sometimes on my 5 mag melee axe-cleric (no joke, purify, IH, purify, IH, repeat). It's knowing these little things that makes the difference between an average cleric and a great one.

I remember once though when I insisted we didn't need a barb for bh59 drake and the wiz could tank. I explained clearly the whole junk with DoT and cleric using purify. Party was very skeptical but decided to give it a try. Veno pulls, wiz fires, bam....dead. Entire party flames me, wiz QQ's, and they all disband.

What actually happened was the wiz had stood in the wrong place and fired just as drake passed within melee range. So instead of using his normal magic attack, he went straight for a melee strike. Same thing in your BH.
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wiz always tanks drake. By posting this you're just making yourself look more of a nub than the wiz. =/ Healing an arcane for drake is perhaps the easiest thing for a cleric to do. I even do it sometimes on my 5 mag melee axe-cleric (no joke, purify, IH, purify, IH, repeat). It's knowing these little things that makes the difference between an average cleric and a great one.

I remember once though when I insisted we didn't need a barb for bh59 drake and the wiz could tank. I explained clearly the whole junk with DoT and cleric using purify. Party was very skeptical but decided to give it a try. Veno pulls, wiz fires, bam....dead. Entire party flames me, wiz QQ's, and they all disband.

What actually happened was the wiz had stood in the wrong place and fired just as drake passed within melee range. So instead of using his normal magic attack, he went straight for a melee strike. Same thing in your BH.

Agreed. Whenever possible, I tank BH 59, as my mag resistances are all 72% or higher. Makes things SO much easier, and cheaper, if you let a wizard/cleric/psychic tank the 59 bosses.

I had a similar experience to what you and the person you quoted said. Except, I was in a party with 4 clerics (myself included) and the assassin and BM said "we need a barb for this". I said "LOL" and proceeded to pm one of the clerics to heal and purify me when needed, and it was simple. It amazes me how ignorant some people can be. Granted, they may not have realized a mag class could/should tank 59, but hey, you can learn something everyday.

b:victory
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @ FB/BH 59 Tank posts....

Veno can tank all bosses w/pet (usually only seen w/herc)
    Veno (Arcane built) can direct tank all bosses.

Just to add to magic tankers for 59 b:thanks

BH/FB89 - veno will pull mobs...

squad members run ahead (using speed skills/HP) pulling before veno can pull mobs - 3 die....get rez'd....get rebuffed....

Veno whispers cleric...sooooo since they won't wait for me not much I can do....
    Cleric whispers veno back....just keep me alive....I'm gonna chew their asses in a min...

squad members run ahead (using speed skills/HP) pulling before veno can pull mobs - 3 die....get rez'd....get rebuffed....

cleric comments BEFORE REZing dead members....after 3rd round of deaths...."can you PLEASE let the veno do her job"

We know you have Zeals....but pls sometimes it's better for all if the veno gets to lure....
    luring 3 blood sucking mobs onto a squad is soooo not right....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My archer was tanking all bosses in FB59 starting at level 70. I've been in squads were wizards couldn't maintain agro against my archer and where a barb with good hp for their level couldn't hold agro against either the wizard or myself. If a player knows they can tank, let them. If they feel they could, but aren't sure; let them learn the hard way and die. I've reached that point on my archer. I'll let the squad know if I'll tank before we get to the boss, it's much less stressful on the cleric if they are aware of things ahead of time.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fyden wrote: »
    BH 59 Drake

doing.

Any magic user > barb when tanking Drake.

What happened here was the wizard attacked too late and probably hit Drake while he was in melee range. Which is why Drake slapped him. Of course he was going to die while in Drake's melee range.

However, any caster class can tank most of FB59 in the levels you do BH. Even archers in the high 7x range can tank 59 - I'd done so myself multiple times for friends who needed a tank for Qianji and Drake back in the day when they were the only 59 bosses BH ever gave you.

If you think a barb would be better at tanking Drake than a wizzy seriously, though, you might want to consider to learn a few things yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What's a hotkey?

and my favorite...

How do you aoe? -_-''
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll let the squad know if I'll tank before we get to the boss, it's much less stressful on the cleric if they are aware of things ahead of time.

I do that too, and not just for the cleric's sake. I tend to dualbox BH59, I explain that...

1. I'm dualboxing. 2 characters, 2 computers. BM and cleric.
    2. If the rest of the squad aggros stuff, I may take a little while to actually notice it. I'm playing 2 roles here. I'm most likely to be focusing on either killing everything in my path, or healing because I've taken 5 magic mobs on BM (yeah, I'm that type of guy... if it bugs me, stands in my way, or may mean a party wipe, I KILL. I HATE skipping mobs in 59, there's always someone bound to die on patrols on their way back. When it's not them, it's me.) Unless you're sure you can live through others, don't go aggroing more and expect heals.
    3. I make sure I know who the tank is. In 90% of the cases, it's me. Not because of my class, but because my BM's bound to steal aggro, and I play 2 roles. I DON'T wanna switch around all the time because I can / can't keep aggro. I'll happily let someone else tank if it means I won't steal aggro.

Most of my runs go smooth, no deaths... except when I give in and I skip mobs to please the party. I laugh to myself when they die though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "now that BH npc is gone how are we supposed to lvl?" /facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Don't heal me, I'm going to do something stupid"
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *At Phlebo*

Idiot Cleric: I pull. =D

*Starts to channel Tempest, with the intent to cancel it*

Murphy: Hay guys wutz goin on hur LOL btw LAGBEAST GOES RAWR!!!

5-seconds later...

Everyone: OSHI-! O_O;;;
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BH+100 delta stage 2 & 3 squad. Rainbow. Bm gets lead.

"#1:Pick up orders
    BM: Huh? Why me?
    #1: ... Have u done delta before...?
    Bm: 1st time"

QQ

a bit after. Archer helps DD 1st boss. Tells cleric to tank boss then goes off.
    "Cleric: WEll here goes my charm."
    Cleric dies ._. boss resets
    "Archer: Why weren't u healing yourself?
    Cleric: What do you think I was doing??"

b:surrender

If you curious how this ended... at the end of stage 2 waves I decided to check cleric's gear ._. She had almost everything off... When I asked her why she wasnt wearing any gear, she all of a sudden dced... b:cry
    Sometimes the quiet sound of dc is scarier than any words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bm at glutto in bh59.
    bm: I tank! heal me!
    *two clerics stack osme ih on him*
    I lure the boss, he agroes it and gets oneshot.
    bm: WHY DIDN'T U HEAL MEEEEE!!!!
    clerics don't respond while one starts healing me since I took that pretty agro over. The other cleric ress the bm and heals him up.
    the bm is already kinda angry... I gues he used alpha male, since he had agro again >_> when boss was already over half dead.
    well.. ofc bm gets oneshot again. . .
    bm: see! u didn't even heal meee!!!!
    >________________> ppl that are getting oneshot... that seems kinda hard to heal. . .
    +one cleric was using red bubble, the other one using ih on me and purifying every now and then.
    kinda hard to switch right over in the middle of channeling -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wel... I can imagine alot of afwul things... but the worst one still is "oops"
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BH+100 delta stage 2 & 3 squad. Rainbow. Bm gets lead.

"#1:Pick up orders
    BM: Huh? Why me?
    #1: ... Have u done delta before...?
    Bm: 1st time"

QQ

I just want to say this is something I find annoying. How do you think people will learn if no one wants to take someone who has never done it before b:surrender

It took me 2 months to get a rb squad for my wave 4 chrono because i had not done rb before. It seems no one want to risk a new person.. they dont want to take the time to teach in fear that they might waste time or fail

however the cleric issue that was just fail b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just want to say this is something I find annoying. How do you think people will learn if no one wants to take someone who has never done it before b:surrender

It took me 2 months to get a rb squad for my wave 4 chrono because i had not done rb before. It seems no one want to risk a new person.. they dont want to take the time to teach in fear that they might waste time or fail

however the cleric issue that was just fail b:shocked

I dont mind new ppl... The problem is he was over 100.... meaning he needed to do delta (not knowing that bm would be lead makes me gues he never done rb at all) long before for chrono AKA... another HypeFCC100 b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Me: me are a heavy armor fist using wizard
    *equips level 1 fist and starts punchin mobs/bh bosses.*
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont mind new ppl... The problem is he was over 100.... meaning he needed to do delta (not knowing that bm would be lead makes me gues he never done rb at all) long before for chrono AKA... another HypeFCC100 b:shutup
    Hmm, maybe or maybe not.

You know it sometimes can go like this:

People shouting: "Need experienced people for gamma/delta"
    Noob: "I'd like to come but it's my first try..."
    Reply: "Sorry we only take experienced ppl"

*time passes with same thing every try to join one, the noob levels past gamma level 85 and he knows he gotta get some more levels to try Delta*

*levels some more*

*gets disappointed people ask again for experienced people only, never gets a squad and experience for it*

*at the time he finally really needs rb for culti, but ppl still not take inexperienced ppl there*

*after a while gets tired of people not taking him, prolly won't even say it's 1st time anymore at start so he can at least try it*

Just saying that's what could happen... of course sometimes you may get parties before from 'nice' people who'd like to help newcomers to learn rb also (even though risking a wipe) but not always. Also, if you think he powerlevels fast to 100 and that's why it's a noob... well, this powerleveling is as a side effect of nobody taking inexperienced ppl to stuff like Rebirth. Cuz what is there else to do if nobody takes you anywhere? Obviously your only chance is to level and at least hope you'll get more attention later.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What you can do to prevent RB newbiness through the lack of groups that'd teach people to do RB is to join a faction that is kind enough to do training runs.

Factions that help each other are tougher in the end as individuals and through that, as factions.

Bushido was kind enough to get me in my first Gamma run and although we didn't finish it, it wasn't my fault. We had 2 DD's and one of them got 1K'd and it started coming down from there until I got 1K'd as well, since we couldn't take the mobs down fast enough anymore with 1 of our DD's missing.

It only took 1 dry run to get me up to speed as to what I was supposed to do and then although it was my first run, I did rather well.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm level 99 and playing my BM for over a year( look at join date)

I have never run a full RB. Why?? I have kids. Its hard to devote that much time (3-4 hours 0.o). Like was said before no one wants to take someone who hasn't run...so...it took forever to get a party for wave 4 culti. (Got a bunch of faction members together to run one when I was in a faction...3 of the six had never run...only the barb and wizard and I (well I had actually run one a few days before with a friend for the culti before a bad wave split by the barb got a few of us 1k'd then we all parted ways.)...anyways.....needless to say lots of explaining to do and a couple restarts.

I understand now my basic role in a RB. I was level 95 before being able to run one though. And now on top of that it seems there is a difference in opinion on what to max first for auras.

I feel confident in my ability to run one now. But due to the amount of time it takes I just can't devote such a time block for an instance that I can't afk for a minute if I have too.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViAudi - Archosaur
    ViAudi - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I do not want to hear a high level say:

I forgot my PWI Coloring Book! BRB...

b:chuckle

After getting smacked around by a boss! Oopsie daisy.. I hit wrong tab.. of course everyone dies at scene.. BRB.. by the way this is the wrong quest.. vanishes..

b:laugh

After a boss dies.. Oohh!! I got a mold.. unsquads and vanishes into thin air.. still have 2 or more bosses to go.. need new party member.

b:victory

Anyway i can think a lot of mis-haps .. PWI Handbook 101 "trial and error"..

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

In any large TW faction at least half of the members are 100+ nowadays. And there's a heavy peer-pressure to hit 100 yourself as soon as possible. Things like learning RB or doing chrono just aren't important. If you take a week or more to level at 9x you're automatically labeled a fail.

I personally played for almost a year (quit though) and never once been near RB. I spent endless weeks trying to get a squad or find someone willing to teach though. It's extremely likely if I'd kept playing I would have hit 100 without ever doing RB. Since hyper, no one even does RB anymore anyway.