Things you don't want to hear a high level say (all classes).

Comments

• Yukibi - Heavens Tear
    Yukibi - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    meh it's not just clerics lolz there r morons in every class.... once met a 80-ish veno who didn't know how to pull.... and a 90+ cleric with only lvl 2 rez..... *sigh* and NO it was not me :P
    Enrage and Proud.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ok are we going to agree Clerics are the hardest class to learn to play properly OR is it just more (how to say this) Moorons chose to play Clerics ? b:laugh

Because this thread contains more blunders by clerics than any of the other classes added together b:angry
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Has it been CONFIRMED that the use of STA will permanently reduce the EXP you gain from a monster or boss? As in, honest to god confirmed. Not just "Well maybe might be"

I keep hearing a bunch of **** about this skill and everybody else seems to be getting different messages too. Some FC squads will threaten to kick me if I don't STA and others threaten to kick me if I do.

There's a split opinion, apparently, on whether STA permanently reduces EXP, or whether it will only reduce EXP gained if a mob dies while the debuff is still present.

So yeah has anybody actually sat down and done multiple testing on this to confirm how exactly this works? I'm getting sick of people in FC squads not being able to make their minds up and telling me to STA or not STA, and kicking me if I do or don't do it.

-edit-
    To reiterate once again:

- Some people think STA will permanently reduce your EXP whether a boss/mob dies with or without the debuff, because the damage doesn't 'count'.

- Some people think STA will only reduce EXP on a boss/mob if they die while the debuff is still present.

The latter explanation would make more sense because if the boss dies with the debuff present, it's max HP is less and therefore you get less HP. However, even in 90+ squads, FC bosses aren't doomed to die in 30 seconds, so if the latter is true, you should be able to STA on any bosses that will die after 30 seconds, when the debuff disappears and bosses max HP returns to normal.

I had an archer explaining this to another archer in squad recently and was showing the effect on a mob i can confirm at least with the skill still in effect the xp from the sharptooth'ed mob was a great deal less than the one which was full hp. (same exact mobs, same squad killed back to back. one with sharptooth one without)

We did not use it on any bosses and each squad if run with different levels will change the amount of xp you get. So its hard to say if it changes the xp if the skill is no longer in effect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *facepalm*

i have had that happen almost every time i go in TT, any level, be it as my veno or my cleric!! what is it with people, who agree to do a job, but never come prepared?! i wind up going out and getting their **** pots for them, just so the rest of us can get on with the run.....now i never feel like taking out my cleric, because it happens every time- some dork does this, plus is clueless how to coordinate heals/buffs between us. so it winds up being a party wipe, because the dork doesnt know his/her job.

Cleric: "Can I have some mp pots"

And this was in BH Brim...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    From an 88 Cleric...

"DoTs? Is that a Sage Skill?"
  • belle002
    belle002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    from a lvl 89 Veno
    "i dont use fox form."
    what? how do u amp and debuff?
    "i dont use them..sage fox form is bad" roflmao
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    While passing by Sanctuary on WQ:

Random person: "Can you res me please?"

Me: *looks at the crossbow my character is holding*

/facedesk

"Why yes, of course I'll res you. Let me just fire arrows into your corpse 'till you come back to life."

>_>'

That's what i don't want to hear a high lvl say. Crossbows use bolts. :O :P
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In a FB29 with some lvl 100 dude...

lvl100dude)"Why aint you tabbing..come on tab you stupid nab...do it..come on.."
    lvl29noob)"Um...You have lead...
    lvl100dude)...Oh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was in a FC run yesterday and we had this lvl 98 cleric who felt the need to BB then go afk at the start of the run, then at the wrong spots throughout the whole FC resulting in several deaths of half the party.

I asked her if she knew what she was doing, but not much of an answer from her came out.
    Retired b:bye
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    stupid things like "need experienced *insert class here* for *insert instance here*

Understandable for something like FF if they want speed however I do not think it matters for RB and many other things and people are too picky.

Having seen a barb handle RB in 3* gear with a lv80 weapon and it being his first time there I think this game is populated with too many wimpy players.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Cleric: "I have the red BB"

Cleric: I dont have mana pots
    Cleric: *out of mana*
    Wyvern: *party wipe*
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Did a 1-3 on my 75ish archer at the time with another archer. Asked him what level is ST was...no reply. So I used mine, which was maxed for the level. Halfway through the boss archer asks, what is that skill you're using to decrease boss's max hp? ......

Did BH100 with a barb, on the boss he's tanking "oops my weapon broke" /bm gets agro.../archer gets agro..../aoe kills bb.../partywipe

On another BH100 get to second to last boss in Abbaddon, boss is constantly aoe'ing me and cleric dies. So we're like wtf? Barb: Idk, I had argo the whole time. Cleric: No, constant aoe's only happen when range has agro. Wizard: Oh, I think it was me. I tend to do that.

You Think? I would assume if one has agro that they know...
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You never want to hear... "Hey so how does this squad thing work? I have been only doing oracles up until now." b:chuckle
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    a level 7x barb saying inside FB39 "so where are we going? its my first time in here"
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lv 87 cleric helping on BH 39 :
    " There no other defense buff, what i give was enough for TT 2-2. "
    she not giving vanguard spirit A.K.A phy def buff

"I can solo these whole instance alone, these fail squad suck."
    Then why she not just saving the squishy people ? The tank died because she not giving vanguard & good heals.
    And she just stand there when everyone running after barb died. (note : she the only one who not died)
    And these was a lv 87 Cleric on BH 39 !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    One of the stupidest things anyone has ever asked me: " Can you rez me?"

Yes, I was on my Veno.

yeah ditto that one times wkly basis. Apparently bunny and deer venos look like clerics at a distance.... b:cry b:cry

b:angry b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    "Thanks for the help in TT, here's a skele piece."

Because, you know, i didnt suply the substance mats. Dont ever pretend you can TT as a wiz and not get fcked over. b:surrender
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Saymor - Dreamweaver
    Saymor - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I ran into a level 83 barb who didn't have Tiger Form, so I asked him why.
    His reply was "i didnt git tiger from becauz i dun like tigers"
    Need I say more? b:surrender

Also, once my friend was helping this 69 barb with a boss. Forgot what boss it was, but my friend could easily solo it. So while doing the boss, the barb jumps in tiger form and uses Flesh Ream, takes aggro, and dies in 3 hits.
    The Barb: "WTH Happend?!"
    Friend: "... You used flesh ream"
    Barb: "wats that??"
    Friend: *Leaves squad*

Why do barbs seem to be the noobiest class? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The exp you get from kills on mobs/bosses are often based on their hp

You get exp from actually killing the mobs/bosses, not because of how much hp they had. Anyone with common sense knows that.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Whats fleshream? ,Whats invoke?, Whats plume shell?. whats AoE?. Whats IH and why do you keep telling me to use it?, What are celestones?, Where do i find archosaur's elder, I keep my mag buff at 1 because i don't need it *squadwipe*
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Veno

"Oh, I didn't know we can upgrade our pet's skills."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Funny BH 39 thingy. Cleric had to leave later on, anyway.

Barb: Do you have buffs?
    Cleric: I never got buff skills.
    Farren: Squad wipe.

Oh, and this one from a BM we picked up after our other one quit (same BH) Not the exact words, but this translation is close enough after he was killed by the vampire women. We had a cleric on the way.

BM: OMG RESS ME! **** I DIED HURRY UP AND RESS ME! (Note that the rest of us consisted of me, an archer, a wizzie, and a veno)

Cleric arrives, and is running to us. We've left the BM to keep clearing.

BM: COME ON CLERIC HURRY UP AND RESS ME!!

He did this for about ten minutes, then I yelled at him after he started cussing out the veno for telling him to be patient. He ragequit after that.

EDIT:

From another veno:

"My only pets are a flying pet and this huggy hare." Huggy hare was 31 and she was in her 50's, like us.
    Farren and Trioc: BLOCK PARTY ON THE DEAD
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Has it been CONFIRMED that the use of STA will permanently reduce the EXP you gain from a monster or boss? As in, honest to god confirmed. Not just "Well maybe might be"

I keep hearing a bunch of **** about this skill and everybody else seems to be getting different messages too. Some FC squads will threaten to kick me if I don't STA and others threaten to kick me if I do.

There's a split opinion, apparently, on whether STA permanently reduces EXP, or whether it will only reduce EXP gained if a mob dies while the debuff is still present.

So yeah has anybody actually sat down and done multiple testing on this to confirm how exactly this works? I'm getting sick of people in FC squads not being able to make their minds up and telling me to STA or not STA, and kicking me if I do or don't do it.

-edit-
    To reiterate once again:

- Some people think STA will permanently reduce your EXP whether a boss/mob dies with or without the debuff, because the damage doesn't 'count'.

- Some people think STA will only reduce EXP on a boss/mob if they die while the debuff is still present.

The latter explanation would make more sense because if the boss dies with the debuff present, it's max HP is less and therefore you get less HP. However, even in 90+ squads, FC bosses aren't doomed to die in 30 seconds, so if the latter is true, you should be able to STA on any bosses that will die after 30 seconds, when the debuff disappears and bosses max HP returns to normal.

interesting.. i've never heard of this. would it apply to sage soul degen as well?
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't tend to call people stupid when they don't know what's BB, RB, IH, WB, FF, TT, DWP, FB, PM, PK and all those other things. I just don't understand, is it really so hard to write out the whole word? I didn't do my fbs til level 45 or so, because I didn't understand all the call to duty stuff, everyone just gave me a "o.o" when I asked and when someone asked me if I have tabs I didn't know what they meant. Some people just aren't n00bs who write like that. But of course, you have to be a little dumb if you still haven't figured them out when you're +80. So the thing I wouldn't want any higher level person to say would be: "omg what a noob, how don't you idiot know what that or other word means?!?" If someone doesn't know, you can just explain, not humiliate them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't tend to call people stupid when they don't know what's BB, RB, IH, WB, FF, TT, DWP, FB, PM, PK and all those other things. I just don't understand, is it really so hard to write out the whole word? I didn't do my fbs til level 45 or so, because I didn't understand all the call to duty stuff, everyone just gave me a "o.o" when I asked and when someone asked me if I have tabs I didn't know what they meant. Some people just aren't n00bs who write like that. But of course, you have to be a little dumb if you still haven't figured them out when you're +80. So the thing I wouldn't want any higher level person to say would be: "omg what a noob, how don't you idiot know what that or other word means?!?" If someone doesn't know, you can just explain, not humiliate them.

It's not bad if you don't know the abbreviation, but if you don't understand it after you heard the full name, it's bad.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I had an archer explaining this to another archer in squad recently and was showing the effect on a mob i can confirm at least with the skill still in effect the xp from the sharptooth'ed mob was a great deal less than the one which was full hp. (same exact mobs, same squad killed back to back. one with sharptooth one without)

We did not use it on any bosses and each squad if run with different levels will change the amount of xp you get. So its hard to say if it changes the xp if the skill is no longer in effect

The experience from killing anything is a set amount adjusted by a function of the levels, number of people in squad, and the damage done by the squad. The HP reduction effect of STA is not damage in this calculation (although the skill also does some AOE damage as well as its effect) so using it as an opener leads to a smaller multiplier.

Much of the confusion about this comes from the fact that there is also a large chunk of experience in frost that is coming from quests. Quest experience is not affected by the damage, just the fact of killing the boss. So, if you use STA as an opener continuously in frost, that will significantly decrease experience mainly from the effect on rewards for mob kills (the mobs in frost all have very high base experience for killing them). Using it as an opener on bosses will only have a small effect - generally seen as a reasonable trade-off for a faster run with less opportunity for things like Super-Duper Bloopers. Using it as a second or third AOE on mob clusters should have almost no effect on experience.

And, on point of the thread: What I hate to hear a high level say is "What forums?"
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    several things:
    From any class:
    any variation of: "only X more oracles till lvl X! I can't wait to get more skills!"
    Do you have a herc?(to any class BUT a veno. double fail points if it's a veno asking a non-veno such. Yes, I actually got this on my wiz once, and the guy happened to be the only other person in squad...
    What's (insert important skill pertaining to any class here)?
    From any DD in a squad for an instance that they're obviously underequipped/underleveled to attempt to tank in:"I'll tank! I can take this guy EASY!*runs in and dies*"

From a wiz:
    "I only learned my fire skills cause the water skills are weak and the earth skills are too slow."
    "What's sutra?"(in a dire situation that would require 6 second wiz spam heal)
    The list is endless >_>
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have one nobody has thinked about it yet (and im sure youll all agree with me).

Speaking in WC : (FCC,RB,BH,FB, pick up what you want) squad ready to go LF a last (cleric, tank, same thing pick up what you want)

xxx : me me me pleaz, invite me.

I Invite xxx, and... a DD appears in squad window.

Me saying : please after ill kick you from this squad, try to learn reading, it helps sometimes.

Yishuin has kicked xxx from squad

xxx whisper : why did you kick me?

b:surrender
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was in a FC run yesterday and we had this lvl 98 cleric who felt the need to BB then go afk at the start of the run, then at the wrong spots throughout the whole FC resulting in several deaths of half the party.

I asked her if she knew what she was doing, but not much of an answer from her came out.

imo after 2nd, max 3rd run you know about ff mobs and bossess... so i was really surprised when had ppl _demand_ bb at bishops or foxies...
    also not knowing debuff icons / not paying attention and yelling at single AND stunned / frozen cleric to 'heal me!' o.o

and one i already mentioned in another thread: 80+ wizzy using will of the phoenix on runners in 79, and very surprised we mean her and her skill when we yell 'dont use knockback'
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    from a LVL30 TB

"is there a certain level before i get a free mount like yours?"

i was riding a Darkspeeder Horse b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!