Things you don't want to hear a high level say (all classes).

Options

Comments

• Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

"I can solo these whole instance alone, these fail squad suck."
    Then why she not just saving the squishy people ? The tank died because she not giving vanguard & good heals.
    And she just stand there when everyone running after barb died. (note : she the only one who not died)
    ummm... few levels ago i had 2 ppl die at farren... i said i go in, set bb, then rest goes in, keep within range and kill boss. ok, ok, i start running and one player runs straight into farren, dies, then next one after her does the same. i grab aggro, res them both, 2nd not accepting so i tank this on aoe heals till she does, finally set bb and ask nicely wth happened. 1st person misclicked (can happen to anyone), other was afk and on follow (no, never said a word). that was an alt, main is high 90s...
    kinda opposite of what that thread is about too b:chuckle 'things you dont want high levels keep silent about'...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "What's knockback?"

"I keep dying on these low level mobs. I knew I should have used the rest of those oracles."

"Pulling takes too long." Aggros all mobs ---> squad wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajareeya - Dreamweaver
    Ajareeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yesterday in TT 2-3 when killing 4th boss:

Ajareeya: omg...!
    xxx: what's wrong?
    Ajareeya: I've forget to buy arrows >_<
    zzz: o.o
    Ajareeya: I'm so sorry :(

Yes it was me, only 1k arrows left in my bag, I'm really sorry to have made my squad wasted few minutes during this run. That was the first and last time I forgot and I posted here to help me to remember!

b:surrender

The same day, a level 90~100 player told me in squad:

yyy: Ajar you must have better gear at your level!
    Ajareeya: Do you give away some for free?

Come on! I know that already, I'm not a cash player or a "no life". I enjoy to make gears myself and I think lot of ppl do the same. Where is the fun by buying all gears already maxed and fully sharded? I don't get it.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^ The problem on my post the barb died from many mobs attack not a boss b:laugh, and that because the lv 87 cleric not give him phy def buff or heals to help him.

And when the barb died the sin on our party just go force stealth while the rest running around hoping these lv 87 cleric to save them.

She not helping but telling the running around psychic to stop (the rest except sin were dead) and stand there (she was running on circle around cleric), seriously ? Is she actually wanted that squishy psychic to stop and pounded by 7 mob ?

Why not just steal the agro . .
    Seeing that the sins in stealth decided to take some agro from the psychic, and yet the cleric just stand there telling us fail squad rather helping us . .

Aya__ i wish you were the cleric on my team at that time <.< not that fail lv 87 cleric . . b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "take me with you to TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you run out of arrows, punch the boss to death! I did that once.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Some things you don't want to hear a high level player say:

* "You can get armor and weapons from places other than NPCs?"

* "Where do you get pots from?"

* "Sorry, I just bought this account yesterday."

* "I can use skills? And all this time I thought all I could do was hit things with my weapon."

* "What's with those tigers running around? Are they mobs?" "Those are barbs? But I though barbs were those animal guys."

* "What's an FB?"

* (In the middle of a boss fight) "Hold on, I have to meditate since I'm out of mp."

* "Armor needs to be fixed? Why? Does it break or something?"

That's enough for now I guess. (Note: These are all made up off the top of my head. Any similarity to actual comments is purely coincidental)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In the Gate of Delirium:

"I'm going to pull the boss."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lvl. 80 BM - "I can tank pole" b:shocked
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^ sorry to say... but they can and btw, did some testing on ST, first i killed mob with sharptooth on in frost, 160 xp. next i killed without, 200 xp, and then i waited till sharptooth went down, 164 xp.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You never want to hear... "Hey so how does this squad thing work? I have been only doing oracles up until now." b:chuckle

Made me laugh irl haha. :)
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "Can you lent me some money . ."

"Do you know where the merchant ?"

"What do you mean ? There no such buff . . what i give is enough for TT 2-2."

"only join if you give me all the drops."

"where is AH ?"

"are you selling oracle ? or know who selling it ? i need to reach 100 asap"

"teleport is expensive and not needed, i rather fly" (a squad waiting for these cleric)

"i trade you my natural wing for your panda"

"be careful those lantern" "damn" (a lv 68 veno died on BH 29)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "teleport is expensive and not needed, i rather fly" (a squad waiting for these cleric)

I prefer not to teleport xD
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not only directed at high lvls =) lol.

Psy (to 47barb in BH29): "we 3 psy can heal u, u don't need cler" result: total squad wipe only the psy left on the feets (and failed to even heal was DDing).

Barb: "Heal me!" (before he took all agro -.-)

Ppl in general: heal barb, use group buffthen buff urself, veno this is how u lure ... etc. (don't tell ppl what to do all the time when they r obviously doing it right lol)

Veno: "anybody got a zeal so we can lure?" (o.o...)

Melee ppl to veno on pvp: "Let me fight ur pet only", "Don't use hood its cheating" .... (what? excuse me!)

Sin: "ill do a shadow escape lure it will be faster" (now <<< this is very great, but not if u have to kill the mobs afterwards =x)
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From another veno:

"My only pets are a flying pet and this huggy hare." Huggy hare was 31 and she was in her 50's, like us.
    Farren and Trioc: BLOCK PARTY ON THE DEAD

Isnt huggy hare a lvl75 pet? You sure you're not mistaking it for the snow hare?

Back on topic:

In BH69

BM: "I'll run through and then we aoe-kill everything"
    Cleric: "I'm not sure about this..."
    BM tries to make it happen. Cleric tries to keep him alive. The rest of the squad simply watch the show. BM and cleric die.
    Cleric: "Nice..."
    BM: "This works! I swear! You weren't healing good! it worked on FB19!"
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Ppl in general: heal barb, use group buffthen buff urself, veno this is how u lure ... etc. (don't tell ppl what to do all the time when they r obviously doing it right lol)

Agreed on this one >_> gosh had that so many times... I want to lure a mob.. and the barb rushes forward and lures with his genie.. or a wizzie.. or any other class -.- and at the boss.. veno! send ur pet in, make it attack the boss etc..
    >_____________________________> dude... I know how to lure.. now shut up and let me do my job <__>

I don't like hearing: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddd
    OOPS!

>.<"

or things like: eemh.. guys.. I brought u a some prezzie's. . .
    *squad member comes running with 10 mobs after him*
    b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Isnt huggy hare a lvl75 pet? You sure you're not mistaking it for the snow hare?

Back on topic:

In BH69

BM: "I'll run through and then we aoe-kill everything"
    Cleric: "I'm not sure about this..."
    BM tries to make it happen. Cleric tries to keep him alive. The rest of the squad simply watch the show. BM and cleric die.
    Cleric: "Nice..."
    BM: "This works! I swear! You weren't healing good! it worked on FB19!"

Yeah, you're right, she had the snow hare. o_o I get them mixed up every ten seconds.
    and LOL. That story sounds like an episode of Pinky and the Brain...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

BMs can tank Pole at level 80. Actually I remember a scenario when a 76 BM tanked Pole successfully. If a BM can't tank Pole, either they aren't a good enough tank build or have **** gear, or the cleric fails.

If you think no BM can tank Pole... you might want to double check how to play your class. Because they can if they know what they're doing, end of discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Random: "What level is your Rez?"

Me: "Level 1, why?"

I often say that just because they are asking a decent/awesome cleric if her Rez is maxed or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

My husband was doing it fine. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    interesting.. i've never heard of this. would it apply to sage soul degen as well?

Given the fact sage Soul Degeneration is exactly the same debuff as STA, but takes off 20% rather than 16%, you would have to assume the same rules would apply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Psy (to 47barb in BH29): "we 3 psy can heal u, u don't need cler" result: total squad wipe only the psy left on the feets (and failed to even heal was DDing).

when i was around 47-55 i and a barb (same level) did a fb29
    i dont know if he was charmed etc but it went smoothly
  • Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
    Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "Oops" said by the 100th level barb after dying the THIRD time in TT1-1 . . . not because I didn't heal him but because of the Hands traps . . . THREE TIMES!!! b:shocked
    "Imagination is more important than intelligence."
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "Oops" said by the 100th level barb after dying the THIRD time in TT1-1 . . . not because I didn't heal him but because of the Hands traps . . . THREE TIMES!!! b:shocked

It could had been lag, but still funny XD
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Squad Leader/Winer: Splits are 50k
    *Everyone gives 50k*
    *Squad Leader/Winer has left the squad*

IT'S HAPPENED. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Squad Leader/Winer: Splits are 50k
    *Everyone gives 50k*
    *Squad Leader/Winer has left the squad*

IT'S HAPPENED. D:

Thats a great idea b:thanks
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajareeya - Dreamweaver
    Ajareeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What I really hate:

xxx: someone help me with mobs!
    Ajareeya: which boss?
    xxx: it's for quest I need to kill 45 mobs!
    Ajareeya: sorry but I only help with bosses.

xxx left faction

If you can't kill 40 or 90 of mobs, just wait to be higher level or try to find some people with the same quest. Don't ask high level to do your job and watch the show, that's a good way to know your character too.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BMs can tank Pole at level 80. Actually I remember a scenario when a 76 BM tanked Pole successfully. If a BM can't tank Pole, either they aren't a good enough tank build or have **** gear, or the cleric fails.

If you think no BM can tank Pole... you might want to double check how to play your class. Because they can if they know what they're doing, end of discussion.

It's hardly knowing how to play. You can't know "how to tank". You heal when HP goes down, you cancel what you can and try to keep the damage taken to a minimum. But when it comes down to pole, I have 5.6k-ish HP with my TT90 set, I can't afford all Imac. Shards since I had to buy all dust of devils for TT90 fists. I've successfully tanked pole once. Out of like 6 times.
    When it comes down to tanking pole, it ALL depends on the clerics. I can heal my **** off, but when it comes down to it. It only takes 2 hits when he debuffs to kill me. And since my build is no different than 90% of the BMs out there (Capped vit at 40-50, forgot exact number) I'd say, leave pole to the barbs, it's awesome if you pull it off tanking him. But trust me, it will be either because of a very well timed purifying Cleric, or pure luck.
    Or of course you have over-refined gear and shards and/or pumped up vit thinking you're a barb b:chuckle

Now to contribute:
    "Rush?"
    Everyone: Yes
    *barb rushes through mobs*
    Squishy char: Oh, we're rushing now? *stayed behind*
    *Barb runs back*
    *Barb dies*
    *Squishy dies*
    Two dead bodies in the middle of a bunch of mobs. b:surrender

Edit: Avatar showing 85, I'm 90. It's been stuck for 3 weeks now ;~;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What I really hate:

xxx: someone help me with mobs!
    Ajareeya: which boss?
    xxx: it's for quest I need to kill 45 mobs!
    Ajareeya: sorry but I only help with bosses.

xxx left faction

If you can't kill 40 or 90 of mobs, just wait to be higher level or try to find some people with the same quest. Don't ask high level to do your job and watch the show, that's a good way to know your character too.

If it's "Monster Required to Kill: Xx/xX" i'll do that with pleasure.

But if it's a collecting quest, and i'm dealing with mag or archer mobs, yeah i'll ask and see if anyone can help. If no-one can, i do what I can and then push it off till later >.>
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's hardly knowing how to play. You can't know "how to tank". You heal when HP goes down, you cancel what you can and try to keep the damage taken to a minimum. But when it comes down to pole, I have 5.6k-ish HP with my TT90 set, I can't afford all Imac. Shards since I had to buy all dust of devils for TT90 fists. I've successfully tanked pole once. Out of like 6 times.
    When it comes down to tanking pole, it ALL depends on the clerics. I can heal my **** off, but when it comes down to it. It only takes 2 hits when he debuffs to kill me. And since my build is no different than 90% of the BMs out there (Capped vit at 40-50, forgot exact number) I'd say, leave pole to the barbs, it's awesome if you pull it off tanking him. But trust me, it will be either because of a very well timed purifying Cleric, or pure luck.
    Or of course you have over-refined gear and shards and/or pumped up vit thinking you're a barb b:chuckle

This is why I included the whole "cleric fails if it doesn't work" business.

That said I have seen a 91 BM, who's 90 gear also isn't decorated with immaculates, tank Pole by himself. He was duelboxing on two computers, playing his cleric account on one and his BM account on another. Cleric was only low 7x.

He was successful after an initial freak fail because of lag.

You also seem to act like a barb is going to survive any better against Pole than a BM is if the cleric doesn't have a clue. Hate to point out, the barb will die nearly as fast as you do after Pole debuffs if the cleric is stupid.

So while much of the tanking relies on the cleric, I stand by my point: a BM with relatively good gear who has a clue about what they're doing can tank just as well as a barb can. A **** cleric makes no difference in either case because if they suck you will die regardless of class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]