Sins having best DPS in game

12345679»

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Because it's pointless to consider damage output from AOEs. So what if a class can do 1m damage per sec if there's never enough targets/survivability?

Isn't that kind of like saying "so what if assassins can have highest single target dps if they are capped in damage by the ability of the tank?"

Looking at which class can, for example, take down the timed boss in 3-1 faster, is much more reasonable. There's still no point in doing it in the end but there's far too many variables when you include AOEs.

Well in TW, the assassin's DPS is fairly negligible because well, once you pop out and attack, you're flattened. Isn't that then reasonable that we can talk about AoEs in this sense?

Of course I know what you're trying to say, but the thread title is silly. The assumptions are silly. The countless mid level sins arguing is silly. BMs retorting X, Y, Z is silly... This thread is silly.

And really, when you want to do a lot of damage as fast as you can it's usually because you're trying to kill a boss... not AOE. (at endgame, obviously)

Logically I would find something that could in this case tank the boss (while doing high single target dps).

Reply is in red.

edit: fixed a typo - I'm done on this thread. I have no interest arguing between BMs and Assassins (in essence that's all this thread has come down to anyway).