Why can't Archers Use Daggers?

Options

Comments

• Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Here is a better one Hunter. This was around before most of these whiners ever even made their character. All they had to do was look.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148942

With another 10 seconds of searching here you go now EVERYONE who is an archer could have seen the +/- of an archer before the game even started.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6961
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ohh yea it is lol, i think it's kind of obvious archer + daggers is a bad idea when the sit back and think about, i think most have accepted this aswell except the idiot who posts pointless posts that are flawed easily.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    Boarian - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Annastasia, since you are a archer over lvl 60, then you should relize that daggers would NOT make them overly powerful. We would still not be able to use ranged based skills. nor would we be able to do full damage. I simply would like to use them for close combat. In no way will the daggers even come to being able to replace the stomping power that my ranged weapon has. To say differently would mean that you truely dont understand how attack ratings and stats work. since You have reached such a high lvl i would like to think this is not the case. I SIMPLY just want to have some fun as a dagger using archer. Nothing more
    People often lose there minds when its time to speak.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    Regruiting Fun, Active and kind people. PM me in game for more info.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Annastasia, since you are a archer over lvl 60, then you should relize that daggers would NOT make them overly powerful. We would still not be able to use ranged based skills. nor would we be able to do full damage. I simply would like to use them for close combat. In no way will the daggers even come to being able to replace the stomping power that my ranged weapon has. To say differently would mean that you truely dont understand how attack ratings and stats work. since You have reached such a high lvl i would like to think this is not the case. I SIMPLY just want to have some fun as a dagger using archer. Nothing more

Wow...just wow. Daggers are DEX based weapons. In other words all of the DEX you have added to increase your ranged weapons attack power will also be used to increase a daggers attack power. You will still have the same crit rate with a weapon that gives attack power based on your DEX. Will it do identical damage? That all depends on the attack power of the dagger vs. the attack power of your ranged weapon but it would negate the melee penalty that archers are supposed to get because of their high powered long range attacks which can be either physical or magic based. If all you care about is having fun with a melee weapon go use a fist.

For added proof that this would make archers insanely overpowered here you go.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=585261

Thats what an archer can already do with a STR based weapon. If he was able to use a dagger that would be extremely overpowering.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ZOMG!!!@!! logical disconnects in a fantasy video game?!?!?

the blacksmiths dont have a furnace or a bellows, how can we possibly believe that they can forge high carbon steel or steel alloy? why the hell do you need leather to make steel bars? how can all the stuff in one banker instantly show up in another banker. how do swords fly? why does the bulbfish make a galloping sound? how the hell do things respawn without a gestation period, are we really expected to believe that a cugarette master at arms is birthed from no mother, fully developed, clothed, and with a weapon? and how do they automatically spawn with their levels already gained?

how does talking to a giant dog put you into the cube of fate?

all that aside. archers can use melee weapons, fists, daggers, and swords if they stat oddly. Some weapons are class specific, you just need to operated on the assumption that they are class specific for a reason.

you are playing a game. and like all games, this game is a large framework of rules in which you operate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For added proof that this would make archers insanely overpowered here you go.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=585261

Thats what an archer can already do with a STR based weapon. If he was able to use a dagger that would be extremely overpowering.

THIS is really PROOF. Archer with 100lvl 2x socket +10 bow, dont need daggers to be overpowered. Just kill easy everything in his way. b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle. If i had so much money to get all he have i would no care about it- And attack boss is really diferent from PvP when you need make HIGH dmg in short time, not decent in long time. And Bow magic skills will be EVER i believe EVER much better attack agains melee than daggers without skills.
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yea i have a friend who is a str hybrid archer. he does decent damage with his TT sword. But i dont want to be a str hybrid. i want a melee weapon a pure can use. you have to factor in the bow mastery skill as well, which using daggers cant use. Its all fun and games. I just want a melee weapon with out going hybrid to get it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yea i have a friend who is a str hybrid archer. he does decent damage with his TT sword. But i dont want to be a str hybrid. i want a melee weapon a pure can use. you have to factor in the bow mastery skill as well, which using daggers cant use. Its all fun and games. I just want a melee weapon with out going hybrid to get it.

You can equip fists without changing your build. Problem Solved.

/Close Thread.

• Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yea i can equip lvl 53 fist. Thats useless. Ill let the BM keep them. b:thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yea i can equip lvl 53 fist. Thats useless. Ill let the BM keep them. b:thanks

Your point?
    Fists aren't meant to do major damage for you, your main damage is meant to come from your bow and with daggers you will do alot of damage especially with crits and sparks you could easily increase the damage you do to ridiculously more than what you do with fists, also since both ur normal hit on your bow is based on your dex same as it would be with daggers how much do you think the difference would be? Bow would do more ofcourse because of the ranged mastery but if you take away that and have the best bow/dagger at a certain level npc which would do more damage?

• Annastasia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options

So basically you want them to change the game around the build that you CHOSE. No one is forcing you to have a pure DEX build. You have an excuse for everything dont you? Maybe people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and live with the choices they have made.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some weapons are class-specific such as: crossbows, slingshots and also tideborn weapons. Really not one of the biggest issues to QQ over tho lol.

Pretty sure there is some reason for it, for example if everyone could use slings casters would be able to use the - 0.5 channeling shots instead of crit arrow. Just guessing, but im sure devs has their reasons.

I am pretty curious tho why archers and other classes cant equip daggers. It would be a very good option for archers since i think daggers dmg is dex based and you don't need to sacrifice stats into str to use them like you have with fists/claws. Its not like it would be unbalanced or OP either since we wont be able to use any skills with daggers on.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    THIS is really PROOF. Archer with 100lvl 2x socket +10 bow, dont need daggers to be overpowered. Just kill easy everything in his way. b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle. If i had so much money to get all he have i would no care about it- And attack boss is really diferent from PvP when you need make HIGH dmg in short time, not decent in long time. And Bow magic skills will be EVER i believe EVER much better attack agains melee than daggers without skills.

No one is stopping you from getting the exact same equips as he has. Go and get yourself a better job if you want to be able to spend as much money on this game as he has. It is all about choices. You choose to not spend a lot of money on here while some do. Go back and read that entire thread and it will tell you how much damage he is able to do in a short time even with fists. Archers are strong enough as they are. Giving them a melee weapon that is based on DEX would be game breaking.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Assassins shouldn't be able to use bows since they are meant to be a dex-based melee class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No one is stopping you from getting the exact same equips as he has. Go and get yourself a better job if you want to be able to spend as much money on this game as he has. It is all about choices. You choose to not spend a lot of money on here while some do. Go back and read that entire thread and it will tell you how much damage he is able to do in a short time even with fists. Archers are strong enough as they are. Giving them a melee weapon that is based on DEX would be game breaking.

With that argument assassin would be "game breaking". They get a ranged weapon that is dex based and does high dmg. They already get their dmg from dex and have high crit so at lvl 95 its GG they can equip Heaven Shatterer and go +12 for people that tries to kite b:chuckle.
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats my point. If assassins and archers are the same build then why is it such a game breaker if archers can use daggers but that doesn't hold true for assassins using bows? Lets say for the sake of argueing that you are right. Daggers would make archers to powerful. With that theory, then we all are in trouble because the assassins just became a game breaker. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not necessarily, archers have skills long ranged so they can hurt alot from afar with daggers they would still do good damage up close.

Assassins hurt up close but what would an assassin gain from doing less damage from afar when they have no skills for it and all their skills rely on daggers, its like anyone else using a bow like a high dex fist BM.

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not necessarily, archers have skills long ranged so they can hurt alot from afar with daggers they would still do good damage up close.

Assassins hurt up close but what would an assassin gain from doing less damage from afar when they have no skills for it and all their skills rely on daggers, its like anyone else using a bow like a high dex fist BM.

There's videos out there of dex BMs PKing with a unicorn bow. If a dex BM can do that, I'm pretty sure a pure dex sin with a Heaven Shatterer can do much more, considering they don't have as much of a spread in stats. Not to mention when soul shatter procs, that might be painful.

Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There's videos out there of dex BMs PKing with a unicorn bow. If a dex BM can do that, I'm pretty sure a pure dex sin with a Heaven Shatterer can do much more, considering they don't have as much of a spread in stats. Not to mention when soul shatter procs, that might be painful.

Just saying.

Damn there is always one person that does it lol.

• Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes it does seem that every time we have a terrory, there is some one who proves it wrong. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To be honest I think it would add variety and customization to the game if different classes can use weapons not originally intended for them. I mean they might turn out to be fail, but who cares? I have fun toting a bow on my BM, I'm sure it'd be cool for archers to have daggers too. I don't think it will unbalance the game in anyway. Just add more strategy, and allows more room for creativity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so then dont let assassins use bows

/all your whining crybaby temper tantrums. i'd swear you people are like a 3 year old that sees someone else with a toy. "if they can use a toy like mine i want another toy like theirs too."

grow up little kids.
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree. kinda of defeats the term master of weapons if the BM's cant use them. they should open the orb to magic class to. corse that means more animation would be needed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
  • TheLastBarb - Raging Tide
    TheLastBarb - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    here's a quick reply from me to answer the question...

A BIG NO...u know y?

ARCHER = RANGE...it doesn't mean CLOSE COMBAT....

b:laugh

and u know y BMs cant use DAGGERS?

CUZ THEY GOT COOL FISTS THT HAVE ATCK RATE OF 1.43/sec more than that of dagger.....

n wat would a bm possibly do with a dagger? just normal atck? b:shocked
    Well here I am.....Now who wants their face screwed up by my paw? b:laugh
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I want to use axes/fists/spears/daggers in fox form. Until venos get that all you archers can **** off. If you get something new I want to use existing weapons in foxform.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    id like to be able to equip orbs :D they look like more dmg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Annastasia im far from a kid. I find it funny. ur whining at us about our whining

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I really don't think sins should be able to use bows/archer be able to use daggers what so ever lol.

Archers mele skills sucks, with a highly refined dagger you would actually be able to triple spark and kill people close up to w/o having to kite. I don't think that was intended when the class was made.

Assassins do have powerful skills, so many of them have % weapon dmg add ons so most of the time a bow would not be the best choice.

But a highly refined g13 bow used by a pure dex build will kill people even if you don't have any skills for it, its the bow itself, the dmg, the interval and the high crit that makes people die, not just the skills.

Wizards that tries to blink out of mele range, clerics that tries to holy path away, sins can just use bow and **** them lol. And unlike a BM using a bow a sin would actually do a fk load of dmg and they would crit even more than archers since they have that 30% crit self buff b:shocked.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Why is it to you when assassins use bows they do **** damage and have no skills for it while if an archer tries to use daggers they would do good damage?

Assassins and archer have the same build and assassins are able to use bows fine. Any argument you have against archers using daggers should apply to assassins using bows and yet assassins can use bows fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Annastasia im far from a kid. I find it funny. ur whining at us about our whining

Then quit acting like one. The laziness of abbreviating "you are" to "ur" is something only a child would do.