Why can't Archers Use Daggers?

Options

Comments

• fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pfft, have you still not realized? Archers are the butt of PWI's sick lil inside joke = )
  • Archaine - Heavens Tear
    Archaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Would be very nice to grab some daggers for when a BM is tankin,or a veno w/o herc tank..very nice.
  • Matalina - Lost City
    Matalina - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

As Astrelle says: At close range our damage is cut in half.

that is the reason right there that archers should NEVER get to use daggers. an archer is a ranged class. they are not supposed to do full damage up close that is the only way that a melee class has a chance against an archer. if an archer is able to spam skills from long range and when someone gets close switch to a different weapon that still does full damage that would be insanely overpowered.

oh wait you expect to get every advantage without having any weaknesses. if archers get daggers BMs may as well just uninstall now because they will have no chance against an archer who destroys them with metal attacks from a distance and when the BM finally gets in range to attack the archer switches to a dagger and still does insane damage and just crits them to death.

too bad so sad. they havent renamed the game to "Archer World" yet.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

As Astrelle says: At close range our damage is cut in half. In instances and such where knockback does NOT work it would be nice to use them. Who said we was uptight? Someone just suggested it would be nice if we could use them. Its no different than a BM able to actually use a bow, or a magic caster. Icant.

u guys are able to use fists....
    bows dont get dmg boost from bm str, fists dont get dmg bonus from archer dex... deal with itb:cry
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • GlowNDaDark - Heavens Tear
    GlowNDaDark - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    then i want a ranged weapon thats str basedb:cry
    archers getting both ranged and melee weap thats dex based and bm getting ranged weap thats dex based when their main weps is str based is unfairb:cry

i agree if archers get a dex based melee weapon then i want a str based ranged weapon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My opinion, they should have just given the Archers dagger skills and not came out with the TBs it was a complete WASTE of money
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that is the reason right there that archers should NEVER get to use daggers. an archer is a ranged class. they are not supposed to do full damage up close that is the only way that a melee class has a chance against an archer. if an archer is able to spam skills from long range and when someone gets close switch to a different weapon that still does full damage that would be insanely overpowered.

This is nonsense. In PvP daggers are useless for archers specialy against meele classes. It makes phy DMG without skills so almost no harm agains barb or BM. Only way against them is useing archers metal skill which makes full dmg even in close range. Only use have daggers for fun or in specials things, like one boss in FC and so on. I dont believe it can make us OP.

But if archers cant use Daggers. What about Assassins not others but specialy Assassins cant use Bows they are made to be close range class. It could stop people complain. Becouse they can make almost SAME dmg like us with OUR weapon.

Or avalaible knockback skill on players. Right now is almost imposible for archer kill same lvl barb. b:cry
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    But if archers cant use Daggers. What about Assassins not others but specialy Assassins cant use Bows they are made to be close range class. It could stop people complain. Becouse they can make almost SAME dmg like us with OUR weapon.

that would do it b:sweat
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Actually they can't. Assassin's don't have bow skills, blazing arrow, or passive Bow Mastery. b:victory
    They do decent dmg with a bow, yes. But nowhere near the same as an archer's, as some people seem to think. It's the equivalent of us archers using a lower-lvl sword as a melee backup weapon. Sure, we can still rack up some dmg, but not nearly as much as a BM.
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal?
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

oh wait you expect to get every advantage without having any weaknesses. if archers get daggers BMs may as well just uninstall now because they will have no chance against an archer who destroys them with metal attacks from a distance and when the BM finally gets in range to attack the archer switches to a dagger and still does insane damage and just crits them to death.

too bad so sad. they havent renamed the game to "Archer World" yet.

do venos get melee penalty? i didnt think so.

wtf do you know about overpowered? oh yes, breaking out the melee daggers and auto-attacking on heavies would be sooo overpowered. OMFG wat is a heavy armor class to do???? any suggestions anyone? anyone? b:question

i think half of you are just insecure, admit it. you somehow believe this would be a significant boost to the archer class in PvP. ok guys: let us remind ourselves where dagger-wielding archers would get us:

melee range light armor without assassin evasion skills. that should say enough.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so why not get fists/claws and as a little bonus they look better aswell b:chuckle.

Lol man that's cold I'm quite fond of my over exaggerated kitchen cutlery

Give it time, I'm sure eventually there will be something else added to the tideborn tree similar to an archers TT set up.

Daggers- sin
    next weap- sin
    next weap - all class

Crossbow- Archer
    Slingshot - Archer
    Bows - all class _ very sexy too b:mischievous

but hell I'll 50/50 ya, you can use one of our skills if I can use barrage for bow
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    way too long of a thread to read...but most of the "because theyre not supposed to" replies are just lame and funny

i say ANY class should be able to use ANY weapon...why?

not cuz of any because they should bs response but because its fun to use different things. its that simple. Not to mention that archers would actually have a legit reason to use daggers, so i agree with u they should be able to...but unfortunatly thats not the case :(
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but how come sins get to use bows and xbows and yet archers are not allowed to use daggers.
    Can someone explain the logic there? and please don't say its to keep archers from PVPing with daggers, i've already been told that several timesb:chuckle
    also state your opinion

I stopped reading when i saw this b:surrender

And for my 2-cents.... Sins were trained with the daggers, they know how to use them properly without cutting themselves to up..... Just like archers were trained with slings/crossbows to be efficient with them. A bow is relatively simple to use compared to the skill needed to properly attack with either a sling or a crossbow.
    b:surrender
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As much as I like daggers, I'm almost tempted to vote No. Why? Because we have fists, damnit. XD

Fists are a great alternative to daggers. At low levels in particular, you will face a lot of melee mobs who you can't keep away from you entirely. Why kite them when you can swap in your fist weapon, pop a spark and/or a couple casts of Winged Pledge, and kill them faster? Actually, my favorite combo when facing a melee mob is: keep it away as long as possible, then when it gets close, use Lightning Strike... switching weapons mid-cast so I can come out swinging as soon as LS hits (I keep my bow on F3 and my fists on F4). Then pop a spark or two as necessary. Usually it'll die before you take serious damage.

Also fists are generally the most suitable melee weapon for Archers stat-wise (not counting Daggers of course) because they actually require higher Dexterity than Strength. Of course, you DO need to add a little extra Strength beyond the "level +4" in order to use a current one, but that's actually one of the reasons I'm not sure I support Dagger-Archers: because, quite frankly, seeing stat-perfectionists rage at my build is something I enjoy immensely. XD

Of course, there's also the fact that daggers would certainly outperform fists since they use Dexterity for damage, whereas fists use Strength for damage. I'm on the fence on this... it would be nice to do extra melee damage in PVE, since after 60 or 70 or so fist weapons do lose a bit of their usefulness. But I'm gonna have to go with Quilue on this one; any Archer who would willingly engage a melee class in close range PVP is a dead archer, no matter what melee wep he's using.

Finally, there's the issue of Sins using bows. Or rather, the non-issue of Sins using bows, because what's the problem with that? Sure they can do decent damage with them due to their build, but they're still far more efficient with daggers and they'll never have access to the multitude of nasty tricks an Archer can do with them (not to mention, Sins don't get a skill that increases their bow range by 10m... Archers do). I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone who's would be entertained just standing in one place firing plain arrows all day.

I'm actually glad my Sin can use bows. It means someone in my character list will be able to make good use of the Bow of the Goddess (the quest reward you get from killing Suzerix in the 40s - my Archer was using Sinister Shooter by that time). Hell, I might even give him my double-flawless Unicorn if I don't get a good offer on it. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:victory to the above post

For a my squishy little normal shotter, I do the same prep up

daggers on
    focused mind
    wolf emblem
    double spark - during I hit f3 and move to unicorn

Unicorn on
    normal hit eh 5-6k
    critty 10-13k

Telling you it's long distanced love for certain situations
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    Boarian - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Im sorry but fist for a high lvl archers are useless. And venos dont want archers to have daggers because they are afriad they would lose there status of all powerful soloist. Archers having daggers would not make them overly powerful. nor would it make it possiable for them to dominate in pvp. People saying that is just stupid.
    People often lose there minds when its time to speak.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    Regruiting Fun, Active and kind people. PM me in game for more info.
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think half of you are just insecure, admit it. you somehow believe this would be a significant boost to the archer class in PvP. ok guys: let us remind ourselves where dagger-wielding archers would get us:

melee range light armor without assassin evasion skills. that should say enough.

I agree Daggers are useless for archers agains melee classes for us it is useless in PvP Archer with daggers without skills can really hurt BM or Barbarian b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh so it cant make us Over Powered.
    It only gives us more fun and we will use in special events in PvE where is just better attack on close range.
    Same like in some special events assassin will use bow becouse for example boss with short phy aoe or etc.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If archers get daggers does this mean there will be a magial weapon that does physcial damage due to your magic as it wud be great for the fox form veno or me when i slap things, if not why?
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok Simple, if the other six classes cant equip any of the TB weapons then it should fairplay that the TB classes cant equip any of our weapons.

Why does an assassin want to use a bow? Theyre not archers so they shouldnt be allowed to use one to begin with. Neither should any of the other classes according such an argument.

Or is the reason that so many sins are stating that archers shouldnt use daggers is out of the fear that they would lose their edge? or perhaps archers would do more dmg using them than themselves? What are you fishies afraid of?

The TBs are a pampered lot when it comes to weapons. I got a nice lvl22 mold for my sin and didnt even get a decent bow till like lvl45~50 on my archer. Most of it (apart from the trial xbow) was npc stuff or things dropped or i manufactured.

Yes for archers with daggers. Heck i dont even care about the animation. It could look the same as what archers have for claws.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archers should NEVER be allowed to use daggers. How stupid are you people? Oh yeah it would be nice to do insane damage close up but then the next thing that will happen is that melee classes will have to get ranged attacks which have 30m range and can do both elemental or physical damage just to balance it. Damn archers are the biggest QQers on this entire game.

QQ I am an archer and we are entitled to be the best PVP class so just give me a free +12 warsoul and give me 100m range or this is unfair. No other class has the right to ever touch me because I can an archer damn it.

Grow up people.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archers should NEVER be allowed to use daggers. How stupid are you people? Oh yeah it would be nice to do insane damage close up but then the next thing that will happen is that melee classes will have to get ranged attacks which have 30m range and can do both elemental or physical damage just to balance it. Damn archers are the biggest QQers on this entire game.

QQ I am an archer and we are entitled to be the best PVP class so just give me a free +12 warsoul and give me 100m range or this is unfair. No other class has the right to ever touch me because I can an archer damn it.

Grow up people.

+1, if only these archers would listen to you b:surrender.

• ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archers can have their daggers when I am allowed to use axes/fists/swords/spears/daggers AND be able to use them in foxform. Until I am allowed to use a real weapon that can actually do damage in foxform archers do not deserve daggers either.

Why dont you almighty archers get over yourself.
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow so many negative response's. to all the class's that are NOT a archer. Im not saying that only archers and assassins should be able to use daggers. open it to all class's. I heard a veno say they want a magic melee weapon if archers can use daggers or barbs should get a ranged weap geared for str. lets think of it this way. there are magic swords that when sharded with garnets can do decent damage. plus veno's, do i really need to remind you that your need for a melee weapon is stupid. what other class has a melee battle pet that fights for them plus takes the damage. And im still finding it hilarous that people really think a dagger using archer would make us to powerful. b:chuckle. Those statments are coming from those who clearly haven't used an archer past lvl 60. And to the archers who are against us using daggers. TRAITORS

And ChaseyLain. Your magic attacks makes for great fast killing plus u have the support of ur pet. use any weapon you want. Build ur stats any way you want to use that weapon. No one wants to stop you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow so many negative response's. to all the class's that are NOT a archer. Im not saying that only archers and assassins should be able to use daggers. open it to all class's. I heard a veno say they want a magic melee weapon if archers can use daggers or barbs should get a ranged weap geared for str. lets think of it this way. there are magic swords that when sharded with garnets can do decent damage. plus veno's, do i really need to remind you that your need for a melee weapon is stupid. what other class has a melee battle pet that fights for them plus takes the damage. And im still finding it hilarous that people really think a dagger using archer would make us to powerful. b:chuckle. Those statments are coming from those who clearly haven't used an archer past lvl 60.

Now you made your silly post read below for a sensible response from wait for it a high level archer.

Grow up people.

• Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hunter you are a huge traitor to the archer class. just give up and go be a barb.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - Crossbows are archer-only.
    - Daggers are sin-only.
    - Soulspheres are psy-only.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Not that I'd see anything wrong with any class being able to equip any weapon. Using it them is another matter and then depends on skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hunter you are a huge traitor to the archer class. just give up and go be a barb.

Considering im a cleric you made yet another stupid post b:laugh.

• Boarian - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hunter, a monkey could tell ur a cleric. And as a guardian of the elves im saying you are a traitor. No where in there implied your a archer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow so many negative response's. to all the class's that are NOT a archer.

I'm an archer and i'm very negative about this idea.
    lets think of it this way. there are magic swords that when sharded with garnets can do decent damage.

So they should be happy with "decent" damage while you think archers should be able to do their full damage with a different weapon.
    And im still finding it hilarous that people really think a dagger using archer would make us to powerful. b:chuckle.

If you could think outside just what would make archers more powerful for a moment you would realize that this would give archers an extremely unfair advantage over every other class.
    Those statments are coming from those who clearly haven't used an archer past lvl 60. And to the archers who are against us using daggers. TRAITORS

So basically anyone who isnt an archer should shut up because their opinions dont count and any archer who doesnt agree with making this game into ArcherWorld should just shut up as well? Oh and i'm well over level 60.
    And ChaseyLain. Your magic attacks makes for great fast killing plus u have the support of ur pet. use any weapon you want. Build ur stats any way you want to use that weapon. No one wants to stop you.

You keep on digging yourself into a deeper hole of stupidity. Thats the point she was trying to make is that venos can stat any way they want but are unable to use them in foxform. If archers are allowed to use daggers she wants to be able to use melee weapons in foxform as well. That sounds fair to me. If a archer loses the one nerf that they have which lowers damage at melee range then venos should lose their nerf that prohibits them from using something other than a crappy magic weapon in foxform.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hunter, a monkey could tell ur a cleric. And as a guardian of the elves im saying you are a traitor. No where in there implied your a archer.

Right about
    Hunter you are a huge traitor to the archer class.
    there i believe, im in no way a traitor to archer class because i don't play them, im a cleric the only similarity is we are of the same race but that doesn't mean im going to agree on stupid ideas just because we share the same race.

If archer where to get daggers, veno's should get a special weapon that does phys dmg depending on their magic for the HA Fox Veno's, BMs should get a weapon that does a magic damage depending on there str, barbs should also get the same, magic users should also get a ranged weapon depending on there magic and BM/Barbs one on their strength.

So how does that sound to you? Will you agree that that's a good idea? No, because it would make the game unfair builds, tactics, PvP, PvE, Tt, FF, BH, FB, TW playing squads would all then have to adapt to deal with these new weapons. Archer's shouldn't have daggers its that simple doing so would make them overpowered, clearly you interpreted your class when you made it.

Archer - a person skilled in the use of a bow and arrow. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Archer)