• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Word yo' gamez b fer srsly buziness

FO SHIZZLE.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Quite simply no. Archers can't use daggers for the same reason that psychics can only use soulspheres for attacks and why assasssins can only use daggers. IF you wnat archers to be able to wield daggers then i should be able to as a psychic use any magic weapon. Also assasins should be able to use any melee weapon. Oh sorry, that's not possible. The devs did it for one reason. They made it so that psychics can only use that one weapon, and the assasins only use that one weapon for their skills to attempt to gimp them. See any other magic user can use any other weapon thus letting them use pretty much anything, a drop happens good job you have it. Psychics can only get TT, and Molds from mold quests. Molds drop from bosses for the other classes, so the devleopers are gimping the class as to make it less easy to be one.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    assassins can wield any weapon if they have the stats for it, except for xbow and slingshot. they just can't use abilities while wielding those weapons, which is true for any other class wielding a weapon their class isn't designed for anyway. barbs can wield anything, but their spells only work when they wield axes/hammers; similarly, bms and assassins can wield bows, but they just can't use spells. we ask for other classes to be able to wield daggers in the same way.

frankly, if you want to argue that they should use xbows and slingshots as well, go for it lol. xbow w/out nukes is fail. slingshot might be ok tho.

for psychics its the same. they can carry a magic sword just as i can carry a magic sword if i had the magic points. they'd also only be able to wack people with it, same as me.

and lol at you for trying to talk about how hard it is for sins and psychics. "OMG all we get are mold quests!" come the **** on now. everyone: how many of you had molds 2x-5x starting out with your first character? anyone? back in the days when penetrator was 7m, sinister shooter was like 2m, oh yeah, we had it so lucky. look at how many tideborn weapon molds are flooding AH now, compared to the other gear; you think mold drops in FB was as frequent as this?. go take a look at AH now, go.

"mold drop in FB for other classes" - lol what? so if say, a light armor mold drops, assassins can't use it? ok please stay off our light armor, heavy armor, and arcane armor molds and TT. that's just not for you tideborn to have.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No as Archers/Ranger were able to use them in another game I play can my Cleric use duel exes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No as Archers/Ranger were able to use them in another game I play can my Cleric use duel exes.

Yes clerics can use dual axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    theres a heavy armor axe veno around on the forums
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes clerics can use dual axes.

They can but not with skills that is what I meant.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They can but not with skills that is what I meant.

so? we can't wield any other weapon and use our bow skills anyway. how's that any different? and OP just ask to be able to wield daggers if he has the stats for it. not like anyone is asking to be able to cast barrage with daggers on or something.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why are archers so up tight about not having daggers, yes you will do more damage blah blah but so why not get fists/claws and as a little bonus they look better aswell b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why are archers so up tight about not having daggers, yes you will do more damage blah blah but so why not get fists/claws and as a little bonus they look better aswell b:chuckle.

Fists/Claws get their damage from STR and daggers are DEX based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Fists/Claws get their damage from STR and daggers are DEX based.

That is a good point b:surrender but they still look better.....

edited January 2010
    Options
    That is a good point b:surrender but they still look better.....

Show me a pic of an archer with daggers and an archer with claws and I'll decide.

The real issue why archers can't wield daggers are that the developers didn't feel like adding the proper animations to an old class.

It's not because of any well-thought out rules that apply to ranged classes or based on any gameplay mechanics.

It is out of laziness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Show me a pic of an archer with daggers and an archer with claws and I'll decide.

The real issue why archers can't wield daggers are that the developers didn't feel like adding the proper animations to an old class.

It's not because of any well-thought out rules that apply to ranged classes or based on any gameplay mechanics.

It is out of laziness.

I still don't see what the big deal is, i dont see clerics or wizards creating thread after thread of 'why cant we use artifcats?'.
    Classes have there weapons and yes other use different like when i kill mobs with dual swords pointless but fun.
    Anyway, we all know the TB have been upgraded more than the original 6 classes, they have there own weapons, hair, graphics and island they wont ever be aloud of the other 6.

edited January 2010
    Options
    I still don't see what the big deal is, i dont see clerics or wizards creating thread after thread of 'why cant we use artifcats?'.
    Classes have there weapons and yes other use different like when i kill mobs with dual swords pointless but fun.
    Anyway, we all know the TB have been upgraded more than the original 6 classes, they have there own weapons, hair, graphics and island they wont ever be aloud of the other 6.

Well suppose you could use artifacts... what do they provide that you dont get from glaives, swords, wands, patakas? Would you get more range? Faster casting? As far as I know magic weapon types only really differ in their damage range.

What if there were magic weapons that were a fundamentally different class. Let's say all spells cast with that weapon would deal pure physical damage. Now say they were only available for venos. You don't think wizards would ask "what gives?"

Assassins now have access to dex-based mellee weapons but can also use dex-based ranged weapons. I'm sure you'll see assassins with lunar bows or better since they can still do around 85% of the damage of an archer with the same build. Similarly an archer could do 85% of the damage of a sin if they could weild a dagger but again developers are lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well suppose you could use artifacts... what do they provide that you dont get from glaives, swords, wands, patakas? Would you get more range? Faster casting? As far as I know magic weapon types only really differ in their damage range.

What if there were magic weapons that were a fundamentally different class. Let's say all spells cast with that weapon would deal pure physical damage. Now say they were only available for venos. You don't think wizards would ask "what gives?"

Assassins now have access to dex-based mellee weapons but can also use dex-based ranged weapons. I'm sure you'll see assassins with lunar bows or better since they can still do around 85% of the damage of an archer with the same build. Similarly an archer could do 85% of the damage of a sin if they could weild a dagger but again developers are lazy.

Yes but we all know the TB are special i mean c'mon how many posts have we had saying TB are better then every other class.

• FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wanna see a bm with a pataka so he can do mag damage and kill barbs faster.
    Now apart jokes why is that hard for people to accept class specific weapon.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wanna see a bm with a pataka so he can do mag damage and kill barbs faster.
    Now apart jokes why is that hard for people to accept class specific weapon.

BMs can wield patakas. Do people not know how the game works? <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BMs can wield patakas. Do people not know how the game works? <_<

I personally use a wand but thats just me.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tideborn is a mysterious race born from the sea... lol... none of the races are supposed to know anything about them, so why would they know how to use their weapons? (thats the logic i think is behind how seperate they feel from the rest of the game) now on the point of archers using other weapons besides a bow... i have an archer that i use a heavy/LA armour mix, and use a bow and swords. swords are on my hotkey, so when a mob gets close to me, i wack em with the swords... i just like the idea of being able to do that really lol... and the build to do it really doesnt subtract much damage from an archer, although its more of a hybrid build, because i have slightly higher str and i have been putting some vit in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just think it is silly that people are bringing up ridiculous combinations like axe-wielding clerics and pataka-wielding BMs to compare against something that is practical such as dagger-wielding archers or bow-wielding assassins.

That is a strawman falacy in that you are trying to imply archers are advocating something ridiculous. The real silliness of that argument is apparent when you discover the ridiculous comparison is perfectly possible while the practical one is not.

There is no logic behind assassins getting bows and archers not getting daggers outside of developer laziness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There is no logic behind assassins getting bows and archers not getting daggers outside of developer laziness.

Then learn some Mandarin and get a plane ticket, buddy, 'cause you got a lot of work to do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just think it is silly that people are bringing up ridiculous combinations like axe-wielding clerics and pataka-wielding BMs to compare against something that is practical such as dagger-wielding archers or bow-wielding assassins.

That is a strawman falacy in that you are trying to imply archers are advocating something ridiculous. The real silliness of that argument is apparent when you discover the ridiculous comparison is perfectly possible while the practical one is not.

actually yes there is... the tideborn and their classes do not fit into the base story of PW at all... they have just shown up, and if you do the new chain quests, you will learn that the main races know almost nothing about them. so, they shouldnt be able to use the tb's weapons... on the fact that assassins and every other class in this game can wield any of the base weapons, is the original design to the game, so deal with it, it works. the tb weapons are just specialty weapons, its fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Then learn some Mandarin and get a plane ticket, buddy, 'cause you got a lot of work to do!

I'm sure devs are too busy making new mounts and new fashion or new packs to give attention to old classes. The only way to justify devoting developer resources to create the new animations would be if there was some required item in the boutique that must be bought to enable it.

It seems that players look at things predisposed to think the game is perfectly balanced with all things fair but that is a naive view. A F2P game does not need perfect class balance to be financially successful for a company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sure devs are too busy making new mounts and new fashion or new packs to give attention to old classes. The only way to justify devoting developer resources to create the new animations would be if there was some required item in the boutique that must be bought to enable it.

It seems that players look at things predisposed to think the game is perfectly balanced with all things fair but that is a naive view. A F2P game does not need perfect class balance to be financially successful for a company.

...well...

...oh, yeah? Well...

...oh, yeah...?

Then...

b:surrender

...damn, you're probably right.

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ...well...

...oh, yeah? Well...

...oh, yeah...?

Then...

b:surrender

...damn, you're probably right.

b:cry

Now you can use your QQ face. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now you can use your QQ face. b:cry

ಥ_ಥ MOAR

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was beeing ironic.
    Rest of the races and crossbows/slingshots for a serious reason.
    Point is why using a weapon you don't have skills for?Just because it looks nice,that falls under the label of fashion coz if i ask for a cleric and he shows up with a poleaxe or in the future for a DD and the archer shows with daggers I'll probably ban them for life.
    Strange nobody(or maybe they did but I was to lazy to read all)or atleast no wizard said he wanted to use the artifacts psychics use but probably you'll make another thread for that for another flame war.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Strange nobody(or maybe they did but I was to lazy to read all)or atleast no wizard said he wanted to use the artifacts psychics use but probably you'll make another thread for that for another flame war.

Because you have to toss your ball to attack. I'm not using a souped-up yo-yo.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    I was beeing ironic.
    Rest of the races and crossbows/slingshots for a serious reason.
    Point is why using a weapon you don't have skills for?Just because it looks nice,that falls under the label of fashion coz if i ask for a cleric and he shows up with a poleaxe or in the future for a DD and the archer shows with daggers I'll probably ban them for life.

Hey look! Another ridiculous comparison of clerics using axes! Exactly the same as archers using daggers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR

b:bye

Good job. I salute you. b:chuckle

@ Asterelle - ...I'm a HA Fist Cleric. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)