Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good job. I salute you. b:chuckle

@ Asterelle - ...I'm a HA Fist Cleric. b:surrender

HA Vit Bow Wizard here.

P.Def of a Blademaster, HP of a Barb, Crit rate of an archer, magic power of a Wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now you guys are just trolling :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    HA Vit Bow Wizard here.

P.Def of a Blademaster, HP of a Barb, Crit rate of an archer, magic power of a Wizard.

b:surrender So I guess I be tank?

@ Asterelle - b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now you guys are just trolling :P

YOO'S TROLLIN'!
    b:surrender So I guess I be tank?

@ Asterelle - b:surrender

No. I do everything. With a charm, I am GOD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    YOO'S TROLLIN'!

No. I do everything. With a charm, I am GOD.

Well, aren't you so nice?

applaused.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yo dawg, I herd you like failing, so we put a broken link in your non-witty post, so you can fail while you fail.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who says I fail, sistah!?
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    actually yes there is... the tideborn and their classes do not fit into the base story of PW at all... they have just shown up, and if you do the new chain quests, you will learn that the main races know almost nothing about them. so, they shouldnt be able to use the tb's weapons... on the fact that assassins and every other class in this game can wield any of the base weapons, is the original design to the game, so deal with it, it works. the tb weapons are just specialty weapons, its fine.

actually somewhere in the winged elf quest chain told of a winged elf assasssin, so it's obvious the profession is not a foreign concept to them.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    actually somewhere in the winged elf quest chain told of a winged elf assasssin, so it's obvious the profession is not a foreign concept to them.

But then no one really knows what weapon that elf uses? But as you said, it isn't a foreign concept to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why teh bms cannot use the light sabers?
    QQ
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    why cant bm's use slingshotb:shocked

stop QQing

Lots of fist BMs also use bows. Slings might as well be all class but everyone already has access to a bow so there isn't much of a point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why teh bms cannot use the light sabers?
    QQ
    no sci-fi pls. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    no sci-fi pls. b:cry

why can't bms use.....wait...
    how far did human technology reach?
    b:puzzled

ah well back on topic.
    >.<'
    archers = they has mastery stuff and stuff so if anything you should be asking for some sort of jump back move or something.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Doesn't matter your an archer you want daggers that bad make an assassin if not stick with your archer.

I was actually being sarcastic, clerics don't need bows any more than archers need daggers or a barb needs a wand.

@Pot_Head: Sorry i have to agree with Hemoglobin, i love archers and always take one with me and if they should unfortunately get agro i have time to heal them and not have to watch a party wipe, mass of carnage, alot of monaing or have to try and time in a ress.

If you want to use a bow, even for christmas event roll an archer then. QUIT using BOWS!!!
    Archers have 2 hands.

Hands have fingers which are capable of grasping objects and it certainly appears as if they should be capable of holding a knife, but they are not.

For those of you saying "because archers cant use skills with daggers", why is it that other classes can use bows? Is it a bug for other classes to use bows since their class wasnt designed for ranged physical attack?

The thing is archers don't do most of their damage with skills. High end archers stack -attack interval and have skills to boost their attack rate, damage, and crit.

Why do archers then want to be able to wield daggers? It's because most of an archers damage is cut by 50% at close range. Archers do have some melee skills but they are slow, drain tons of MP, and don't do much damage (especially since archers don't stack -channeling gear). A dagger whose damage depends on dex would be great in some situations.

A dagger makes as much sense for an archer to wield as it makes sense for other classes to use bows.

People who aren't archers won't get it. Especially if they've never been in FB 89 and pulled aggro and aren't able to do enough damage to kill quickly but do enough the barb can't keep aggro, and they can't knockback til the barb DOES get aggro.
    Why are archers so up tight about not having daggers, yes you will do more damage blah blah but so why not get fists/claws and as a little bonus they look better aswell b:chuckle.

As Astrelle says: At close range our damage is cut in half. In instances and such where knockback does NOT work it would be nice to use them. Who said we was uptight? Someone just suggested it would be nice if we could use them. Its no different than a BM able to actually use a bow, or a magic caster. I sure would love it if other classes couldn't use bows. I agree magic casters should be able to use the psy weps. That is one thing about this game that was awesome. You could build how you wanted and use what you wanted. Now .... you cant.
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    archers can use fists/claws depending on their build. Just like heavy venos can equiped axes. Plus its not like sins can use sin skills with bows o.o I think if at all any class should be able to use bows, it should be the assasins since to me, bows are assasin like xD

I probley only agree with sins using bows because I have a sin.. and have played an archer lol But i know before sins came and i played my archer i was mad everytime i way a fist BM using a bow

Should archers be able to use daggers?- yes, (again probley only because I have both characters)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you want to use a bow, even for christmas event roll an archer then. QUIT using BOWS!!!

I didn't use a bow for the snowmen, plume shot was good enough for me so you can put the point up ya ****.

People who aren't archers won't get it. Especially if they've never been in FB 89 and pulled aggro and aren't able to do enough damage to kill quickly but do enough the barb can't keep aggro, and they can't knockback til the barb DOES get aggro.

Don't pull agro by the time u get into FB89 u should of learnt how to control your damage just under what is needed for barb to keep agro, jesus this you start to learn in FB19s jesus (Unless you have an idiot barb).

As Astrelle says: At close range our damage is cut in half. In instances and such where knockback does NOT work it would be nice to use them. Who said we was uptight? Someone just suggested it would be nice if we could use them. Its no different than a BM able to actually use a bow, or a magic caster. I sure would love it if other classes couldn't use bows. I agree magic casters should be able to use the psy weps. That is one thing about this game that was awesome. You could build how you wanted and use what you wanted. Now .... you cant.

Well ill guess you will have to just quit then im afraid if it is that hard for you to deal with. It would be nice for alot of things but it doesn't happen the countless threads agaisnt things but never go anywhere. Each race should have their own weapons and now the TB have and archers have slingshot. Untill the devs decide to change it there is nothing you can do to change it so get over it.

-Yawn- You get old real quick.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archers can't use Daggers....

BECAUSE OF FALCON!

~Saitada
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    -Yawn- You get old real quick.

Would you have gotten more kills with bow (and arrow of course)? Undoubtedly. But no, plume shot is good enough for you; so what if other classes are ksing you with bow.

Oh yeah, archer will never tank. They just weren't / will never be/ cannot be built for it. And nothing will ever get in melee range of course.

But let's just sit back and accept everything the devs implement because if we don't, that would be QQ'ing!! With that, just sit back and play everything according to some guide on the forums. No need for thinking outside the box at all.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No need for thinking outside the box at all.

I tried Thinking outside the box once. When my order was ready they didn't know where I was so threw it away.

~S
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ... Archers have been using fists and claws forever in close quarters combat. No need to have daggers.. they get by. Archer attk speed + claw/fist speed o.O ever get punched to death?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ... Archers have been using fists and claws forever in close quarters combat. No need to have daggers.. they get by. Archer attk speed + claw/fist speed o.O ever get punched to death?

Again, archers have lots of dex. Dagger damage is dex based. Archer don't have lots of str. Claw/fist damage is str based.

Maybe it would make demon sparked archer OP but assassins have the same -interval gear available, except maybe the rank armor. Maybe it would make archers more viable at higher levels. Maybe I just want daggers for the sake of having daggers b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Would you have gotten more kills with bow (and arrow of course)? Undoubtedly. But no, plume shot is good enough for you; so what if other classes are ksing you with bow.

People did ks me with a bow but there isn't a thing i can do about it, would you prefer me to shout 'STOP KS'ING ME' at every person who killed before my reflexes could hit F1.

Oh yeah, archer will never tank. They just weren't / will never be/ cannot be built for it. And nothing will ever get in melee range of course.

Archer's can tank certain things and i never said they couldn't ive a faction member who is an archer and tanks certain bosses simply because she can.

But let's just sit back and accept everything the devs implement because if we don't, that would be QQ'ing!! With that, just sit back and play everything according to some guide on the forums. No need for thinking outside the box at all.

What else can you do? Make a petition? Refuse to spend money on the game? Tell me my friend what would you suggest to get the dev's to change the daggers to an all class weapons? Either way they will lose if the dont change them than archers will complain, if they do change them then assassins will complain, if they change the assassin weapon they would have to change the psychic weapon which means they would complain about it and if they didnt the clerics/wizards/venos would complain.

Anyone leave near western England and can bring me coffee please, milk 2 sugars if you will b:thanks.

• Admante - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anyone leave near western England and can bring me coffee please, milk 2 sugars if you will b:thanks.

Erm... You can switch to a bow b:shocked

So they maybe no barb - Oh my god what a fail squad! - and only BM or something. BM aggro building is sloooow. A few pew pews and mob comes running. Quite a few mobs are melee only in fact and archers shooting with 50% damage is just pure uselessness.

Not being hopeless would help b:laugh Why would assassins and/or psychics complain about their weapons being non-exclusive anymore? I don't take pride in the fact that only my class can use a slingshot -.- It's interesting to see what people can do with bows, like that BM with lunar bow actually pking.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Again, archers have lots of dex. Dagger damage is dex based. Archer don't have lots of str. Claw/fist damage is str based.

Maybe it would make demon sparked archer OP but assassins have the same -interval gear available, except maybe the rank armor. Maybe it would make archers more viable at higher levels. Maybe I just want daggers for the sake of having daggers b:chuckle

then i want a ranged weapon thats str basedb:cry
    archers getting both ranged and melee weap thats dex based and bm getting ranged weap thats dex based when their main weps is str based is unfairb:cry
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Erm... You can switch to a bow b:shocked

Nah, by the time id got a bow and spent money on the arrows the people would of moved on.

So they maybe no barb - Oh my god what a fail squad! - and only BM or something. BM aggro building is sloooow. A few pew pews and mob comes running. Quite a few mobs are melee only in fact and archers shooting with 50% damage is just pure uselessness.

If it's a BM tank then you know to limit your damage even more lol, its kinda simple.

Not being hopeless would help b:laugh Why would assassins and/or psychics complain about their weapons being non-exclusive anymore? I don't take pride in the fact that only my class can use a slingshot -.- It's interesting to see what people can do with bows, like that BM with lunar bow actually pking.

They will have the exact same argument all you archers have...
    Archer: OMG why can't we you dagger?
    Assassin: OMG why do archer's get our weapons they are for assassin skills so no-one one else should have them
    etc etc etc etc

Personally, it doesnt effect me either way its just fun watching the idiots try to string an sentence together let alone an argument, i love archer's and id love to play one properly but i simply lack the patience.

edited January 2010
    Options
    (Quote by Hunter-)
    Don't pull agro by the time u get into FB89 u should of learnt how to control your damage just under what is needed for barb to keep agro, jesus this you start to learn in FB19s jesus (Unless you have an idiot barb).

How many barbs can actually hold aggro against crits of 70 and 80k? Not many. Matter of fact I don't know any at all. The barb who did my FB 89 was lvl 98 and I pulled aggro from him a time or two. Of course he didn't hold it long but it doesn't change the fact that I took it.

This does not mean the barb was an idiot. It means I had two extremely high crits in a row. Actually the 70k was followed by 2 30k crits, and the 80k was followed by two 20k+ crits. I remember it b/c those are my higest crits ever. Anyways.. doesn't mean he's fail. Controlling my damage is not something I can do very well. An 80k crit happens out of no where its going to pull the boss to me, just up to the barb to grab it back real fast.

When you can walk on water let me know!

Well ill guess you will have to just quit then im afraid if it is that hard for you to deal with. It would be nice for alot of things but it doesn't happen the countless threads agaisnt things but never go anywhere. Each race should have their own weapons and now the TB have and archers have slingshot. Untill the devs decide to change it there is nothing you can do to change it so get over it.

(Quoted by Hunter)AGAIN!
    Archer's can tank certain things and i never said they couldn't ive a faction member who is an archer and tanks certain bosses simply because she can.

What else can you do? Make a petition? Refuse to spend money on the game? Tell me my friend what would you suggest to get the dev's to change the daggers to an all class weapons? Either way they will lose if the dont change them than archers will complain, if they do change them then assassins will complain, if they change the assassin weapon they would have to change the psychic weapon which means they would complain about it and if they didnt the clerics/wizards/venos would complain.

I can tank a lot of things, even better than some barbs. I can tank mantavip and I can tank Jewels. Many other things too I'm sure I haven't tried. But to me those are great accomplishments especially at my lvl. Archers can tank a lot of stuff.

What else can you do? You can start a suggestion topic on the forums and maybe some1 else will think its a good idea. I don't really think the OP is complaining so much as wondering WHY it is that any class can use our weapons but we can't use theirs.

You seem seriously disgruntled and I can tell every post you do is angry for no apparent reason. Try to see from all points of view before you get angry for nothing.

Yes, because thinking makes you an individual. Especially thinking outside of the normal. And who would want that? /sarcasm
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Admante was being sarcastic too.

and this thread was about whether the player base think archers should have access to daggers as a melee weapon, not whether devs care a damn thing about what players think. saying that they won't change it or that archers should just accept it has nothing to do with anything.

that'd be like opening a suggestion thread about new fashion suggestions in the game, and having people tell you that devs won't change it, you should just accept that they're not there.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Admante was being sarcastic too.

and this thread was about whether the player base think archers should have access to daggers as a melee weapon, not whether devs care a damn thing about what players think. saying that they won't change it or that archers should just accept it has nothing to do with anything.

that'd be like opening a suggestion thread about new fashion suggestions in the game, and having people tell you that devs won't change it, you should just accept that they're not there.

Yes, I was agreeing with him, the sarcasm was more pointed toward the person who quoted him to begin with.. but shhhhh!!!! about that!

And you are right, no changes in this world are ever made by people sitting back and doing nothing. Now could someone please not complain about the person who decided to be a self starter and make this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    Boarian - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I find it funny that so many people want to fight about this while forgetting and choosing to forget some key features.

1 - Daggers are a dex weapon. If archers could use them there attack point would still be high, as they are geared for dex attacks.
    2 - Any class can use each weapon if they have the stats for them
    3 - some archers are built different than other archers. A str hybrid can wield TT swords and do good damage with them.
    4 - Who really cares if a archer cannot use there skills while using a nonranged weapon. This holds true for all class's that use a weapon not geared for them.
    5 - and last, what makes this game great is we have the choice on how to build ourselves even if that means a barb wants magic weapons instead.
    6 - some say that an archer using daggers is doing less damage. ok. how is this any different then a melee mob up close to us. without the range we do alot less damage any ways.

I have been in battle with assassins that can use TT70 bows to help lure mobs closer and do could damage with it. Why is it that an archer cannot do the same. We understand that no skills can be used but it would be nice to use them any ways. I would like to carry around some daggers for when those mobs do get close. If a archer can't use daggers, then why give us a choice on how to build our stats and why give us a choice on what type of armor to use. just make those things for certain class's as well and take away the rest of the freedom. Other wise take off the class req on the daggers.
    People often lose there minds when its time to speak.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    Regruiting Fun, Active and kind people. PM me in game for more info.