Oracle Noob?

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So it makes me a noob that i choose to lvl faster then normal? i think not?

Your an idiot you not only oracled but you oracled on an unknown class, therefore your any opinion or advice you give from here on is null and void.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Personally i think many players have created the word "oracle noob" due to jelousy and anger, due to them not being able to oracle them selfs. Put it this way, what if you could get 100 oracles for 50k? hmm i bet 80% of ther whole freakking server would be doing it. And you say im not experienced yet? i already have all the skills a psychic can have, which mean i will master combos and learn to use my skilss wisely aginst the other classes much faster then levling at normal speed.. am i right?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Personally i think many players have created the word "oracle noob" due to jelousy and anger, due to them not being able to oracle them selfs. Put it this way, what if you could get 100 oracles for 50k? hmm i bet 80% of ther whole freakking server would be doing it. And you say im not experienced yet? i already have all the skills a psychic can have, which mean i will master combos and learn to use my skilss wisely aginst the other classes much faster then levling at normal speed.. am i right?

use your skills wisely against what? blue named players? or you going to go white at lvl 71 on Sanctuary? better find some more oracles to buy buddy
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mathemathics - Raging Tide
    Mathemathics - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Yes you are a noo... You are a oracle noob.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010

No you're not. On both the jealousy part and the mastery of skills part.
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    use your skills wisely against what? blue named players? or you going to go white at lvl 71 on Sanctuary? better find some more oracles to buy buddy

haha i been pking since lvl 60, and being able to hit 2k on a lv77 bm when i was lvl 68? i think we psychic wil own the pk field :D
    edited January 2010

Like i said any opinion or advice you give is null and void as your an idiot.

However, thanks for pumping your money into PW, because you too much of an idiot too level a new class properly, to help keep the game free i appreciate it b:thanks.

• haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010

You cannot legitimately make such a pompous claim.

He (the OP) may give advice, suggestions or recommendations which may be wholly accurate and correct (I hope this happens) but... as you are implying, you have decreed it always null and void, thus, when the time comes, you must ignore it all and miss the benefits of whatever the OP may have offered.

It doesn't matter how people choose to play, so long as it isn't against the ToS, anyone can have fun and (on their own accord) find that ultimate skill combo for example, as much as you or I could.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    haybails wrote: »

He (the OP) may give advice, suggestions or recommendations which may be wholly accurate and correct (I hope this happens) but... as you are implying, you have decreed it always null and void, thus, when the time comes, you must ignore it all and miss the benefits of whatever the OP may have offered.

It doesn't matter how people choose to play, so long as it isn't against the ToS, anyone can have fun and (on their own accord) find that ultimate skill combo for example, as much as you or I could.

Lookie, no one is questioning ToS or what ever in those lines.

But you cant honestly say that a lv70+ who oracled since lv1 (ok lv10)
    can give and advise on anything concerning what skills to get first which one to skip, what troubles you will face or anything like that.
    Wanna know why i think this? Cause i helped an oracle n00b my self and he payed me quite well in fact per 1h of healing. And i assure you he is clueless and will stay clueless for a long time...and i assure you he will never be able to give and advise to anyone.
    b:dirty
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lookie, no one is questioning ToS or what ever in those lines.

But you cant honestly say that a lv70+ who oracled since lv1 (ok lv10)
    can give and advise on anything concerning what skills to get first which one to skip, what troubles you will face or anything like that.
    Wanna know why i think this? Cause i helped an oracle n00b my self and he payed me quite well in fact per 1h of healing. And i assure you he is clueless and will stay clueless for a long time...and i assure you he will never be able to give and advise to anyone.

So one equals all? Enter a BH/FB and you have a bad cleric/barb/veno equals all clerics/barbs/venos are so? There is nothing at all to say that all those that oracle will remain bad and never be able to make great discoveries or offer something good to a team or faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So one equals all? Enter a BH/FB and you have a bad cleric/barb/veno equals all clerics/barbs/venos are so? There is nothing at all to say that all those that oracle will remain bad and never be able to make great discoveries or offer something good to a team or faction.

Sure they will get better, like when after lv70/80 when they stop using them?
    I am pretty sure that no beginner of any class would like and advise from a such player. And this is what you have to understand.
    And btw no one here is actually attacking use of oracles just their abuse.b:bye
    b:dirty
    edited January 2010

The OP posts prove what i said is infact legitimate, sure he can say what he wants but the truth remains the same.

• Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010

stfu_noob.jpg
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oracle Noob
  • _bowser - Heavens Tear
    _bowser - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i think this is begging the question of what exactly is an oracle noob?

certainly everyone has used oracles at one time or another (supply box, drops from mobs). if you come across a free quest book, what would you do? most people would use it. so using them is not the issue; abusing them is. this goes for both high lvls and low lvls, and there's varying degrees of oracle noobness.

just put it this way, if you're using NOTHING but oracles and cs to lvl, you're an oracle noob. if youre using those + bh you're slightly less of an oracle noob. if you add normal quests to it, less of a noob. add grinding.. less.

"lvling faster than normal" as applied to oracles.. a high lvl can use 200 oracles to "lvl faster than normal", normal being a few percent in a day. thats a world of difference from a low lvl char who gets 5 lvls from 15 oracles -- THAT is NOT "lvlning faster than normal." that is being obnoxious.

but with that said tideborn are still new so there are no pros yet, and the people who are lvl 80 2 weeks after the release are oracle noobs and NOT pros, and they shouldnt be given any fame, recognition, or props. we wont have tideborn pros for a while.

i think that using oracles to jump from 35-40 is acceptable for tideborns, that is when it starts to get slow quest-wise, and there is bh at 40, which will teach people what a tideborn is worth in a squad. if youre relying primarily on oracles after 40, then you're an oracle noob.
    Well said i couldn't have said it better myself...no really i probably couldn't b:chuckle
  • SPTZ - Lost City
    SPTZ - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nobody can learn to combo/use skills in 1 day or a week.

You learn it with the game by fighting Flying monsters, Water monsters, Magic monsters, Players, Meele/Magic monsters..

What makes you to become 'newbie' against another player its the Experience, the time play.

Its like in real life, who get a better job and work better, a person that has years of experience in a job, or a Young guy that badly finishs the University?

Think about.

And its noob because, whats the point in to lvl faster? What is ur reputation? How you will know is Demon is better than Sage if there isnt guides yet? If you make a mistake in future, you will loss all your 'money'.

Anyway, its a game, if you Work and havent time, that isnt excuses to use oracles, the game isnt about Level and level, do you even read the Story line in quests? i dont think so.

I have a char created at day 16 and i am actually lv 50, BlackSmith Lv 4, Tailor Lv 4, good skills, Lv 43 mold get and made by myself.. why to hurry and level? Its fun to play.

bye
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

However, thanks for pumping your money into PW, because you too much of an idiot too level a new class properly, to help keep the game free i appreciate it b:thanks.

um ok? im Familiar with the game and game features. i have been playing PWI since it has came out. and i really dont need anyone telling me how much knowledge i have of the game.. seriously... and i have nver gave and advie on the new clsses b:bye
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Enough siad, im happy with my lvl, im happy with my new class, im happy with my tt70, and im happy playing the game. end of story. end of discussion.

Call me a noob if ya want, but im having fun playing my psychic and working on getting him good gear and having a good build ect... everyone has there own way of playing the game, and i choose to be an over achiver and learn faster and lvl faster.

Lock thread pls b:thanks
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A bit of PW lore and why you shouldn't use oracles.
    This piece is from the Genesi of PW:"The words of Pan Gu to the first barb were that he will grind very hard and level slowly.To the first veno he said that she'll have to sacrfice alot of mana to tame pets and it will fail many times."
    So as you can see Pan Gu says no to oracle noobs.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a noob is a noob, regardless of oracles. oracle noobs are just the most annoying cuz they're a lvl they shouldn't be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    like many of the preview posts say:

The problem is that if u only oracle then u don't gain the experience from the normal hard work.
    like if i oracled my way to 70+ on my barb (new alt) i'd kick me out of any squad cuz i would know **** about it.

If u anyway manage to play ur char 200% effective, then go ahead, but really few ppl manage to do that, even some of those lvling the hard way.
    But of cuz if u had jumped to new server starting the same char u had on old server, oracling it would not be a problem

Sure go ahead and use ur money on it if a game really is worth it, personally i would never ever even think about using money on a game, in the end its just a game.
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A bit of PW lore and why you shouldn't use oracles.
    This piece is from the Genesi of PW:"The words of Pan Gu to the first barb were that he will grind very hard and level slowly.To the first veno he said that she'll have to sacrfice alot of mana to tame pets and it will fail many times."
    So as you can see Pan Gu says no to oracle noobs.

To the first Human wizard he said.........you will be seriously gimped when it comes to teh movement as you will not be able to fly, sprint, change into other forms which move faster, etc. b:chuckle o....and you also get to be super squishy early on...like the squishiest of them all. XD

To the first Human blademaster he said.....you will be doomed to fall behind in tanking ability and damage. yet you will has some decent aoe stuns to sort of make up for it.

To all of the human race....Pan Gu said that even though winged elves get clerics and untamed get barbs you will be doomed to have no specific class that be truly wanted. (except in specific instances like mantavip)
    b:cry
    o and Pan Gu said to the tideborn....*checks over his own lore where the races come from varies parts of his body* where the heck did you guys come from? b:puzzled me shouldn't have eated those bad sunflower seeds. D:

well me suppose having oracle noobs be better....all we has to do is take about 2 days to train them....instead of waiting months for them to reach a high enough level to actually do anything.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To the first Human wizard he said.........you will be seriously gimped when it comes to teh movement as you will not be able to fly, sprint, change into other forms which move faster, etc. b:chuckle o....and you also get to be super squishy early on...like the squishiest of them all. XD

To the first Human blademaster he said.....you will be doomed to fall behind in tanking ability and damage. yet you will has some decent aoe stuns to sort of make up for it.

To all of the human race....Pan Gu said that even though winged elves get clerics and untamed get barbs you will be doomed to have no specific class that be truly wanted. (except in specific instances like mantavip)
    b:cry
    o and Pan Gu said to the tideborn....*checks over his own lore where the races come from varies parts of his body* where the heck did you guys come from? b:puzzled me shouldn't have eated those bad sunflower seeds. D:

well me suppose having oracle noobs be better....all we has to do is take about 2 days to train them....instead of waiting months for them to reach a high enough level to actually do anything.
    ._.'

I saw you in game, you look nothing like your avatar lolz^^.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ._.'

me used to has awesome fur.....but then the tideborn came....
    and shaved me....and if that wasn't enough....put this little hair-pin hat on me...which me can't...get...off~~b:infuriated
    D:
    b:surrender
    that and also me was in cat hamster form when you saw me.
    (X_X)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ._.'

me used to has awesome fur.....but then the tideborn came....
    and shaved me....and if that wasn't enough....put this little hair-pin hat on me...which me can't...get...off~~b:infuriated
    D:
    b:surrender
    that and also me was in cat hamster form when you saw me.
    (X_X)'

lolz xD try to get ur fur back >.>
    idk about the hat u might have to see a specialist to get it removed.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ._.'

the question is, why should we bother? they're better than us because they got to 70 or 80 or so in 2 days remember?

i say let them stay fail. perhaps (though i doubt it) it will show them the error of their oracle-noobing ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All I have to say is...I refuse to squad with any TB period, I don't care about lvl I just don't care for the people. Waste of time really.

Topic: Any noob that downloads a game, spends lets say a 300 a week just to be better than everyone else, shouldn't play these types of games. Why you ask, what the **** is the point if you wont play it just want to get higher than everyone else and then QQ when people wont help/squad or they just laugh at you. Be I'm the one doing the laughing. Why, I worked my tail off to get where I am and proud of myself for doing it.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All I have to say is...I refuse to squad with any TB period, I don't care about lvl I just don't care for the people. Waste of time really.

Topic: Any noob that downloads a game, spends lets say a 300 a week just to be better than everyone else, shouldn't play these types of games. Why you ask, what the **** is the point if you wont play it just want to get higher than everyone else and then QQ when people wont help/squad or they just laugh at you. Be I'm the one doing the laughing. Why, I worked my tail off to get where I am and proud of myself for doing it.

+10 to this

i mean, using oracles the way they are being used is like buying a game and then downloading a savestate right before the last boss with maximized stats and weapons. Where is the fun on that?

edit: theres nothing wrong with doing 1 level every now and then, specially at higher levels. But going from level 1 to 90 in 4 days...you dont have excuse, n00bs!b:bye
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i oracled 0.5% today weeeeeeeeee
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm sure it's been said multiple times, but there's a difference between one who knows what they're doing, and switches to another server and knows what they're doing. Oracle noobs, oracle babies, whatever you wanna call them, Most of the time, mainly the ones I've seen, often have no clue how to act within a party. I'm not saying Oracle use is bad, but if you're just leveling off of those, and have no clue how to work your skills WITH OTHERS, and/or brag about how 'good' you are with your skills, then yes, you'll find that few people will have very much respect for you. Nobody likes a show-off. Even more so, No one likes someone who got to where they are faster than they did, and brags about it. In fact, they'd probably be the ones to laugh in your face when you get killed, cause you're fighting like you're soloing in a SQUAD.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.