Oracle Noob?

Ganden - Sanctuary
Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
So it makes me a noob that i choose to lvl faster then normal? i think not?
Post edited by Ganden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Me thinks so... you troll
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I see it both ways really.

If you played online games for some time you could have some knowledge that could help faster leveling without it having a downwards effect towards your game play.

At the same time playing faster could deprive you of knowledge that can hinder you progress.

Take your pick
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009

There 2 types of people that use oracles;

1. Those that work and have lifes, and just to keep up with there friends. Then again they shouldn't be playing an MMO if they don't have much time.

2. Noobs who can't be bothered to play the game and achieve something, hitting high level with oracles, ain't nothing to be proud about.

Personally I don't care about them, just hate clueless people who oracle there level and try to look down on others when they don't know what a celestial fragments do.

kthxbai.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009

1. Those that work and have lifes, and just to keep up with there friends. Then again they shouldn't be playing an MMO if they don't have much time.

2. Noobs who can't be bothered to play the game and achieve something, hitting high level with oracles, ain't nothing to be proud about.

Personally I don't care about them, just hate clueless people who oracle there level and try to look down on others when they don't know what a celestial fragments do.

kthxbai.

And what celestial fragments do?b:laughb:laugh
    But really I agree with you.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You go oracle as much as you want. I could care less if you spend a thousand bucks a day on oracles, as long as you dont squad with me and act like a fool. However, if you come crying for help, and dont know what any skills/items do, then you are an oracle noob.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its not that you lvl faster but you lvl so fast you just dont quite learn how to play your class which is really annoying for people in squads who do while you are failing alot
    its also that not everyone can afford it and that you are skipping all the lower lvl content where you learn to play your class

its 1 off the reasons im not gonna squad any TB for my barbs bh or any decent lvl TT til late januari
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009

If you know what you are doing, then it's okay. I take an example of myself. If I wanted to get a lvl 50 BM in Lost City, I could first make some money with my cleric to get me some oracles. Then I would get some high level to protect me. It would be okay because I have played BM in Sanctuary before so I know how to play one.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *cough*oraclenoob*cough*
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It...kinda does if you're a TB ^^ I'd understand if you were one of the other classes and had a lot of experience and wanted to skip a little grind.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well it makes people like me feel they did something great since I'm higher lvl than you and the only oracles I have used are the 2 from supply stash at lvl 35 and the oracle V some levels ago.
    How does it feels to pay and still be behind? :)
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just get annoyed when people lvl using oracles or the OHT map 3 glitch and they say DING every five minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just get annoyed when people lvl using oracles or the OHT map 3 glitch and they say DING every five minutes.

Map 3 glitch? O_o
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009

kthxbai.

ouch someone pissed that they cant oracle? b:chuckle b:scorn
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:beatenupb:chuckle

no say anything!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited December 2009
    Imo they do have some self esteem problem but that's me trying to understand what people think(damn psycology lessons).Still I bet in real life they ask people what level are you instead of how old are you b:chuckle
    edited December 2009
    So it makes me a noodle that i choose to lvl faster then a monkey? i think poopy? I IZ ORACLE NOOB BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

i know right? b:laugh
    edited December 2009
    i love driving people insane.............. i can haz cookie?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i think this is begging the question of what exactly is an oracle noob?

certainly everyone has used oracles at one time or another (supply box, drops from mobs). if you come across a free quest book, what would you do? most people would use it. so using them is not the issue; abusing them is. this goes for both high lvls and low lvls, and there's varying degrees of oracle noobness.

just put it this way, if you're using NOTHING but oracles and cs to lvl, you're an oracle noob. if youre using those + bh you're slightly less of an oracle noob. if you add normal quests to it, less of a noob. add grinding.. less.

"lvling faster than normal" as applied to oracles.. a high lvl can use 200 oracles to "lvl faster than normal", normal being a few percent in a day. thats a world of difference from a low lvl char who gets 5 lvls from 15 oracles -- THAT is NOT "lvlning faster than normal." that is being obnoxious.

but with that said tideborn are still new so there are no pros yet, and the people who are lvl 80 2 weeks after the release are oracle noobs and NOT pros, and they shouldnt be given any fame, recognition, or props. we wont have tideborn pros for a while.

i think that using oracles to jump from 35-40 is acceptable for tideborns, that is when it starts to get slow quest-wise, and there is bh at 40, which will teach people what a tideborn is worth in a squad. if youre relying primarily on oracles after 40, then you're an oracle noob.
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2009
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    edited December 2009
    i think this is begging the question of what exactly is an oracle noob?

certainly everyone has used oracles at one time or another (supply box, drops from mobs). if you come across a free quest book, what would you do? most people would use it. so using them is not the issue; abusing them is. this goes for both high lvls and low lvls, and there's varying degrees of oracle noobness.

just put it this way, if you're using NOTHING but oracles and cs to lvl, you're an oracle noob. if youre using those + bh you're slightly less of an oracle noob. if you add normal quests to it, less of a noob. add grinding.. less.

"lvling faster than normal" as applied to oracles.. a high lvl can use 200 oracles to "lvl faster than normal", normal being a few percent in a day. thats a world of difference from a low lvl char who gets 5 lvls from 15 oracles -- THAT is NOT "lvlning faster than normal." that is being obnoxious.

but with that said tideborn are still new so there are no pros yet, and the people who are lvl 80 2 weeks after the release are oracle noobs and NOT pros, and they shouldnt be given any fame, recognition, or props. we wont have tideborn pros for a while.

i think that using oracles to jump from 35-40 is acceptable for tideborns, that is when it starts to get slow quest-wise, and there is bh at 40, which will teach people what a tideborn is worth in a squad. if youre relying primarily on oracles after 40, then you're an oracle noob.

Of course it's not the fact of using oracles that makes one "less good" as a player,and if I would make another barb I' would use tons of them too.The point is why use them on a racce/class you know nothing about.We're starting to learn now the weaknesses and the advantages they have.That's why oracle and this is why noob.
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well mostly i oracle lvl becuase im experimenting with my build, and hoping to post some good builds for future tide players. and also i have been playing this game for a while now and am fimaliar with the environment. and come on, the 59 skills look so cool :D !!. and i also want to pk.
  • Hash_Brownie - Lost City
    Hash_Brownie - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Yeah I think it does.GG fail moar keep on the PvE or else you can get 1shot by a lvl 30.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    troll alert
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Oracle to 100 if you wish. Even if you become factor, you'll always be looked at as an oracle nub, even to your guildies. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Delecroix - Heavens Tear
    Delecroix - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009

kthxbai.

So, becuase I have to have a real life job, and I happen to have a child, that means I shouldn't enjoy playing an MMO within the full rights that hte game allows me to enjoy it? Now how the hell does that make sense? I mean seriously. Everyone seems to forget that people with jobs and money are the ones that PUT the cash shop items and gold into the system in the first place. Without them, those pretty fashions, mounts, and charms you work so "hard" for in game, wouldn't even BE available to you. Before you go throwing your opinions around on who should play MMO's, get a real life job.

That being said. I worked my **** off on a Venomancer and a BM that are now quite high levels. I spent Zen here and there to aid me in my way or to get me some fashion. And now that I have those high levels, I have gone through the game and most of the quests up to levle 90+ more then once. I know how to do them. Why shouldn't I oracle myself more? You know what, I oracled my Cleric from level 30 to level 50, and I went on a BH today. No one even know the difference if I played it for one day or for months to level it. The point is, no matter how I choose to level my characters, I am always going to be good at them. Don't knock what you don't know. If the game didn't intend Oracles to be used in the manner they are, they wouldn't be available. Oracles or no Oracles, an idiot player and noob, will always find a way. I have met idiots BEFORE the oracles came around. The fact is, when you know something, no matter what char you play, if you are good, you will be good. If you are not, the flipside is true.
    Current Characters
    Delecroix | 5x Assassin | EqualiZeR Executor |Heaven's Tear

Gwendolynne | 9x Heavy Venomancer | EqualiZeR Director | Wolfen's Wife | Heaven's Tear

Diva | 8x Axe/Vit BM |DraGonS Faction | HavocLegend's Wife | Dreamweaver

Xyleena | 5x Pure Init Cleric | EqualiZeR Faction | Heaven's Tear
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well mostly i oracle lvl becuase im experimenting with my build, and hoping to post some good builds for future tide players. and also i have been playing this game for a while now and am fimaliar with the environment. and come on, the 59 skills look so cool :D !!. and i also want to pk.
    How would you know what a "good build" is, especially for people who are leveling up the hard way instead of oracling? I really doubt many will take your advice as worth a **** over someone who actually experienced leveling in this fashion. There will be a lot of things you missed that one learns over the course of dozens of levels while grinding/questing/squadding. I was helping a BH squad with my wizard, and a barb got his mp pool emptied out by a psychic who was trying to show off that awesome reflect, yet, just about every damn oracle psychic will try this anyways thinking it's teh awesome.

Admit it or not, everyone knows you used oracles for the sake of bragging rights, and for some faked status symbol in a game.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, becuase I have to have a real life job, and I happen to have a child, that means I shouldn't enjoy playing an MMO within the full rights that hte game allows me to enjoy it?
    lolwut?

Now how the hell does that make sense? I mean seriously. Everyone seems to forget that people with jobs and money are the ones that PUT the cash shop items and gold into the system in the first place.
    nooo **** sherlock, stil no excuse.

Without them, those pretty fashions, mounts, and charms you work so "hard" for in game, wouldn't even BE available to you.
    I ain't spent nothing on this game...

Before you go throwing your opinions around on who should play MMO's, get a real life job.
    I go college and get paid...I have to get a job now do I? for what? Don't throw your opinions around either, kthxbai.

/fail.
    /10char
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you should oracle to 100 buy 24 vit stones, lunar ornaments +10 refines, and T100 red weapon. you have a job and important things to do IRL. I can sell you a "Winner of the Game" certificate for $1000 and you wont even have to waste your time logging in :P

EDIT: forgot scroll of tome, you should buy that too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.