Oracle Noob?

1234568»

Comments

• Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Doesnt matter if you had been playing PW for 15 years, the new classes where unknown to anyone so you weren't experienced in them thus using oracles to level them makes you an oracle ****.

If you carefully read the "new" classes forums, you find a lot of info on skills, combo's, where to lvl and all sorts of info.

Using your best item : your brain, you can easily figure out how to play a char. And using a few oracles to advance a lvl thus getting more quests to do, provided oc you DO those quests , doesn't make you a noob. It makes you think on how to advance fast without the need to "grind", which is in fact boring.

I don't want to grind nearly a whole lvl on the same mobs again (since i do have other toons and did that one before...). I like the quests, but i like to use them to my advantage. If by using a few oracles i can make the game more interesting or appealing to me, then so be it.

I do want to learn the class i play, but not to the extend that it gets boring.
    And face it : grinding mindlessly is boring. I can go outside and watch trains go by like a cow, oh how much fun that is.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you carefully read the "new" classes forums, you find a lot of info on skills, combo's, where to lvl and all sorts of info.

Using your best item : your brain, you can easily figure out how to play a char. And using a few oracles to advance a lvl thus getting more quests to do, provided oc you DO those quests , doesn't make you a noob. It makes you think on how to advance fast without the need to "grind", which is in fact boring.

I don't want to grind nearly a whole lvl on the same mobs again (since i do have other toons and did that one before...). I like the quests, but i like to use them to my advantage. If by using a few oracles i can make the game more interesting or appealing to me, then so be it.

And face it : grinding mindlessly is boring. I can go outside and watch trains go by like a cow, oh how much fun that is.

30s - 50s is not grinding...that's not even when real grinding starts. if you want to prevent grind, that starts from about 60s. what quests in those levels do is expose you to all kinds of mobs (melee, ranged physical, magic, DoT/kiting, air, water, social, etc) so you end up gaining experience in fighting against each one of those types and really knowing how to act in different situations.

if you carefully read the assassin guides, half of them suck, and are written poorly by those who clearly have little experience with the class.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010

What a load of..anyway read this quote again as i couldn't of put it better myself.
    30s - 50s is not grinding...that's not even when real grinding starts. if you want to prevent grind, that starts from about 60s. what quests in those levels do is expose you to all kinds of mobs (melee, ranged physical, magic, DoT/kiting, air, water, social, etc) so you end up gaining experience in fighting against each one of those types and really knowing how to act in different situations.

if you carefully read the assassin guides, half of them suck, and are written poorly by those who clearly have little experience with the class.

Agreed b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    one of my guildies told me i should ask here what the skill flesh ream does
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Doesnt matter if you had been playing PW for 15 years, the new classes where unknown to anyone so you weren't experienced in them thus using oracles to level them makes you an oracle ****.

well for the most part i would agree with u ..but i do know some ppl that have played MMOs for awhile and im sure r smart enough that they can read the skills and used the saved time to learn the class
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm by no means a flawless example, but I have to admit that the skills in general take some time to learn to work them in, simply reading and moving on doesn't quite cut it as the class needs to be worked with as much versatility as many others.

It's important to -
    -Fight each diff kind of mob, whether it be it's elements, magic/phys atk, runner types etc.
    -practice with skills and their effects
    -get in timing practice
    -learn to put chains together for multiple scenarios
    -work with a squad, co-operate, listen, give feedback

Pardon for flying all over forums this evening, on WQ from 16luna to 20 Dweaver and had a large dose of sugar...
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well for the most part i would agree with u ..but i do know some ppl that have played MMOs for awhile and im sure r smart enough that they can read the skills and used the saved time to learn the class

That maybe so but how many people when they first started new what flesh ream was meant to to be used for? How many knew what BB was used for or RB? How many knew about how each skill worked for an archer? How many knew which skill path they wanted for their BM and thus the build in which for them to use? I don't need to answer this but what makes people who started a TB somehow exceptionally smart they can read between the line and know exactly when to do what, when and how to do it best?
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That maybe so but how many people when they first started new what flesh ream was meant to to be used for? How many knew what BB was used for or RB? How many knew about how each skill worked for an archer? How many knew which skill path they wanted for their BM and thus the build in which for them to use? I don't need to answer this but what makes people who started a TB somehow exceptionally smart they can read between the line and know exactly when to do what, when and how to do it best?

Exactly. I still occasionally see wizards even having a hard time, because they decided that only one or two elements were important to lvl, instead of using all three in tandem. Just because there are guides, doesn't nessecarily mean they're being done in the best possible manner. That's what makes lvling and experiencing what build is best for you fun.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    one of my guildies told me i should ask here what the skill flesh ream does

**laughs uncontrollably** +10 for the sarcasm lol b:chuckle b:laugh b:pleased

Im glad I started this game a long time ago ( my forum join date does not reflect my game join date). I know the classes I play, their role and what to do in pretty much most situations that may arise. I feel a sense of pride that no oracler can ever hope to achieve
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    since i jumped from playing my lvl72 barb and went to my Sin i have had more fun playing and getting to know stuff about my Sin all in all ived done BHs ,CSs a total of 10 oracles some from stash and some from a chance mount box i got from >__< ,and check my lvl out ...i started when the tides came out it isnt that hard to lvl naturaly ,but ill say it again there are certain skills and tatics you WILL NOT know by abusing oracles and jumping to lvl1-90 in a week....gimmie a break lol,however tho if the player had a lvl100 character and doesnt wanna lvl their assassin same way they did their previous character.....they too are oracle noobs ...Why? because like everyone else we have yet to see a top assassin playing at lvl100 (non oracle user) that would give us some actual worth while guides to read...sigh guess ill wait a year to find out b:surrender
  • Kla/dian - Sanctuary11
    Kla/dian - Sanctuary11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you are new to game and oracle your **** off ..then some ppl would say you're an oracle noobb:laugh but if you played the game to reach a certain level then made an alt who you oracled then no..you're not an oracle noobb:victory
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you are new to game and oracle your **** off ..then some ppl would say you're an oracle noobb:laugh but if you played the game to reach a certain level then made an alt who you oracled then no..you're not an oracle noobb:victory

i had a level 75 barb before i gave it to a friend.
    now i have a wiz. wizzes are the complete opposite of barbs.
    with barb you have to worry about others not getting hurt cause you can take a lot of hits. with wiz however its very important to avoid getting hit as much as you can and be careful not to accidentally aggro an extra mob.
    had i oracled my wiz to 90, then i would still be an oracle n00b cause I wouldnt know how to deal with mobs in instances, how to hold back so as to not take aggro from barb, and wouldn't know how to PvP, which is what wizzes are made for.
    so again as has been stated in this thread, Oracle n00bs are Oracle n00bs no excuses.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i had a level 75 barb before i gave it to a friend.
    now i have a wiz. wizzes are the complete opposite of barbs.
    with barb you have to worry about others not getting hurt cause you can take a lot of hits. with wiz however its very important to avoid getting hit as much as you can and be careful not to accidentally aggro an extra mob.
    had i oracled my wiz to 90, then i would still be an oracle n00b cause I wouldnt know how to deal with mobs in instances, how to hold back so as to not take aggro from barb, and wouldn't know how to PvP, which is what wizzes are made for.
    so again as has been stated in this thread, Oracle n00bs are Oracle n00bs no excuses.

A quick statement for you Iseria.

Yuo have just admitted to sharing or giving away accounts. That is one of the biggest NO NO NO's in this game.

Providing you don't get banned I suggest you stop diong that.

And that goes for everyone else that is new or just does not know. DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    only has thing to say for oracles addicts

take your time to lvl true may or may not behind your friends lvl, but you will gain more knowledge. Of your char better and know which skills you will use more often or skills that will help you live. Seen a few ppl know play doing that since just started playing they aren't the greatiest with their char.
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    A quick statement for you Iseria.

Yuo have just admitted to sharing or giving away accounts. That is one of the biggest NO NO NO's in this game.

Providing you don't get banned I suggest you stop diong that.

And that goes for everyone else that is new or just does not know. DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!

I gave account to friend cause i no longer play I believe there is nothing wrong in that. wrong would be I give away my account and then demand from GMs to restore it or give me the items I had in that account. AND as fair as im concerned you dont get banned for account sharing, it is clearly stated that each player is responsible for their own account.
    what is bannable though is selling account, which I didnt =)
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I gave account to friend cause i no longer play I believe there is nothing wrong in that. wrong would be I give away my account and then demand from GMs to restore it or give me the items I had in that account. AND as fair as im concerned you dont get banned for account sharing, it is clearly stated that each player is responsible for their own account.
    what is bannable though is selling account, which I didnt =)

This account was not yours to give away is the issue. It is against the TOS rules to give others their property without their consent.

Your player which was setup by you is yours and yours alone to use. Giving away your username and password is illegal.

You can believe me or not but just be prepared to suffer the concequences. I am just trying to warn you.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    lol that's what ive been saying, i dont play PWI any longer thus i gave my account to a friend. if he gets banned, its his booboo not mine. still im pretty sure that ive seen many a thread where users said "my account got **** and i lost all my items" where the reply was "the responsibility of your account is yours and yours alone, if you gave away your information, you are the only one to blame" and didnt get banned or anything. anywho, I could careless, lets not deviate the topic about N00BS =D
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    This account was not yours to give away is the issue. It is against the TOS rules to give others their property without their consent.

Your player which was setup by you is yours and yours alone to use. Giving away your username and password is illegal.

You can believe me or not but just be prepared to suffer the concequences. I am just trying to warn you.

what i find funny he admits in giving away an account and (im assuming) now has a new one.........O__o im srry but that doesnt make any sense
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I could careless, lets not deviate the topic about N00BS =D

This is keeping on topic since sharing accounts is noobish. b:victory

Looks to me you feel you are better than the rules. Perhaps having your forums right removed for admitting to breaking the TOS and not giving a <blank> might be suiting.

Man, you would think trying to help someone out they would not be so cocky. b:shocked
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I could careless, lets not deviate the topic about N00BS =D

This is keeping on topic since sharing accounts is noobish. b:victory

Looks to me you feel you are better than the rules. Perhaps having your forums right removed for admitting to breaking the TOS and not giving a <blank> might be suiting.

Man, you would think trying to help someone out they would not be so cocky. b:shocked

lol, making drama out of nothing is not help, it's being bored and lazy enough not to go take a walk . copy paste the exact part of the TOS that avails you are saying. it is ridiculous and you know it, and PWI knows it thus there is nothing about it on the TOS. half of the community will go to jail for letting their brothers/friends/children play on their account. I was trying to be kind dropping the subject, but seeing as you are cocky and wont then I have to resort to rudeness.
    what i find funny he admits in giving away an account and (im assuming) now has a new one.........O__o im srry but that doesnt make any sense
    you are butting in a conversation, please refrain from doing so, theres not plenty of room see? so your butts gonna squish us.

and yeah I have a new account, gave my old one and still its not against anything in the TOS cause each user is responsible for their own accounts.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    TOS STATES THE FOLLOWING: Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party.

This is just one part. If someone other than you gets access to your account you have agreed to tell PWI.

That sufficient enough.

My comments were to make sure some new people knew the risks about sharing. Everyone knows it happens but some need to know not to publicly announce it.

I'll move onto something more constructive like getting all my PvP learning up to par. b:victory
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    lol, making drama out of nothing is not help, it's being bored and lazy enough not to go take a walk . copy paste the exact part of the TOS that avails you are saying. it is ridiculous and you know it, and PWI knows it thus there is nothing about it on the TOS. half of the community will go to jail for letting their brothers/friends/children play on their account. I was trying to be kind dropping the subject, but seeing as you are cocky and wont then I have to resort to rudeness.

you are butting in a conversation, please refrain from doing so, theres not plenty of room see? so your butts gonna squish us.

and yeah I have a new account, gave my old one and still its not against anything in the TOS cause each user is responsible for their own accounts.

no no jail..........just banned , how is it being cocky when someone is actualy being nice to you giving you heads up about the rules?? ohh by the way last time i checked this was a forum where you can talk freely and voice your opinion about the matter and subject at hand............i can butt in as much as i want as long as im not being rude.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    TOS STATES THE FOLLOWING: Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party.

This is just one part. If someone other than you gets access to your account you have agreed to tell PWI.

That sufficient enough.

My comments were to make sure some new people knew the risks about sharing. Everyone knows it happens but some need to know not to publicly announce it.

I'll move onto something more constructive like getting all my PvP learning up to par. b:victory

b:shockedoh my booboo you are availing what I said?
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Now back to the REAL topic.....
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    no no jail..........just banned , how is it being cocky when someone is actualy being nice to you giving you heads up about the rules?? ohh by the way last time i checked this was a forum where you can talk freely and voice your opinion about the matter and subject at hand............i can butt in as much as i want as long as im not being rude.
    piece of advise, dont butt in when you cannot win. Tatuaje just proved that the TOS says each of us is responsible for their account, and should they share their information (which is not my case, i gave it away, thus im not using it any more) they cannot reclaim anything to PWI cause it was your responsibility.
    Now back to the REAL topic.....

I think i already said that like 3 posts agob:bye

geez, some people need to mind their own business, specially when they do not know what they are talking about
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    piece of advise, dont butt in when you cannot win. Tatuaje just proved that the TOS says each of us is responsible for their account, and should they share their information (which is not my case, i gave it away, thus im not using it any more) they cannot reclaim anything to PWI cause it was your responsibility.

ainght, now back to the real topic.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

OOOOkkk now is the time to move oooon TO THE CUURENT TOPIC lol
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This thread is being locked for the promotion and discussion of Terms of Service violations b:victory
This discussion has been closed.