Oracle Noob?

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Check again, first Psychic guide was written by me. Now it may've been slightly fail and needs some updating/adjustments, but pretty much everything I wrote holds true on the later guides.
    if it were any good, it would have gotten stickied. As it holds, atm only 1 out of 10 guide threads are worth stickying and even then, its still incomplete. (btw guide does not mean copying the skills and descriptions word by word)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I plan to oracle to 90.

Oracles make you a noob? or lacking common sense on playing a character makes you a noob?

Tough choice

1. Your not a noob if you choose a faster way to level and have common sense
    2. If you cant play your character properly then learn how to
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I plan to oracle to 90.

Oracles make you a noob? or lacking common sense on playing a character makes you a noob?

Tough choice

1. Your not a noob if you choose a faster way to level and have common sense
    2. If you cant play your character properly then learn how to

s_534201.gif
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Cool, was it meant to be funny or what? b:sad
    edited January 2010
    Cool, was it meant to be funny or what? b:sad
    he probably meant to say that some skill/experience comes by common sense, and the other half actually comes by playing the game aside from oracling.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    he probably meant to say that some skill/experience comes by common sense, and the other half actually comes by playing the game aside from oracling.

Uhh ok =)

Skill/exp comes by common sense
    Other half in my case comes from PvP

Example I am a lvl 59 Veno 'soon to be 9x b:chuckle',

1. I know which skills to level first and which to not get 'funny to see eg venos with fox attacking skills when they are AA' b:thanks'
    2. I know the perfect build for veno endgame and during the game
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a veno that oracles is still gonna have to grind its butt off sometime.. unless you want no pets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uhh ok =)

Skill/exp comes by common sense
    Other half in my case comes from PvP

Example I am a lvl 59 Veno 'soon to be 9x b:chuckle',

1. I know which skills to level first and which to not get 'funny to see eg venos with fox attacking skills when they are AA' b:thanks'
    2. I know the perfect build for veno endgame and during the game

Ok, now without googling can you walk me through how to get your 79 skills without cash or cat shopping the necessary items?
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Reading through, some people suggest that leveling fast guarantees a fail build. 100% of the time? I seriously doubt it. A new class is introduced... level fast surely means 100% chance of a fail build... I seriously doubt it. Level at regular pace in this case means a winning build 100% of the time? Do I really need to say I seriously doubt it.

Those that level up faster have got the chance to try later skills sooner than those that level slower. Gaining some experience of how the skills work, the effects and if they level fast with friends (who may already play at a higher level or level with them), they can play and experiment the effects against other skills and classes just the same. (Note I am not differentiating between those that use oracles or play 16 hours a day). They can join squads later for FB/BH without a problem, if the squad is regular, lure, tank, dd... If the squad is irregular, as with anyone else, they can use the earlier mobs to trial.

Then comes TW, where everyone will learn something new regardless. Evens chance that a good build and tactics will genuinely reveal itself specifically for this, if the new class wipes all with the right tactics, who wins? The faction with the faster leveler with the tactics sorted. If the new class doesn't kill all, things remain even, then it is no loss either way.

All depends how you enjoy playing the game, against which type of quest etc. People are seen to experiment with different builds for different classes, it is a way they find extra enjoyment, sometimes these builds don't work out at all, sometimes they do better than just alright. Ok, that is digressing a bit but I'm sure you understand the meaning.

Are oracles fail? Do they make for noobs? Not necessarily.

Does a slow leveler guarantee against being a noob? Not necessarily.

What is wrong with oracles? It is only the fact that they have been cash shop items.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    /Bumps in to the thread

^^ since Rose and Decep said it all to well.
    I just have a thought to throw.
    Lv80(70)+ sins/psy who oracle their way here on HT absolutely have no clue what so ever. Their performance in squads is more then crappy, and dont make me start on PvP.
    I mean if a lv59 sin/psy can surprise me with good combos that makes me scared of what would happen if they were my level unlike sins/psy who oracled and are just a big laugh.
    b:dirty
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uhh ok =)

Oh? You mean like purge and amp? Befuddling mist? Stuff that actually helps the squad, whatever your armor type?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    /Bumps in to the thread

^^ since Rose and Decep said it all to well.
    I just have a thought to throw.
    Lv80(70)+ sins/psy who oracle their way here on HT absolutely have no clue what so ever. Their performance in squads is more then crappy, and dont make me start on PvP.
    I mean if a lv59 sin/psy can surprise me with good combos that makes me scared of what would happen if they were my level unlike sins/psy who oracled and are just a big laugh.

Actually, to switch sides for a moment, my roommate oracled his sin up to level 39 and was quite good in a squad. He even abused the purifying nature of force stealth, buffed the squad, and watched his aggro.

Now, he does have a 6x archer, but I was thoroughly impressed at his utility for not having all that much XP as a sin.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually, to switch sides for a moment, my roommate oracled his sin up to level 39 and was quite good in a squad. He even abused the purifying nature of force stealth, buffed the squad, and watched his aggro.

Now, he does have a 6x archer, but I was thoroughly impressed at his utility for not having all that much XP as a sin.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against oracles, even i have them from my constant AoE grind (yes they drop often).
    But how you use them. If you skip 80 levels of any squad activity grinding or in general learning you will fail....fact proven by all the mighty high level TB.
    Now if you use them as a help to level, and still do the general stuff. You will prolly do good.

As someone said grinding to get to high levels wont be 100% of success, but i guarantee oracleing to high levels will be 100% fail
    b:dirty
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Oh? You mean like purge and amp? Befuddling mist? Stuff that actually helps the squad, whatever your armor type?

I didnt say debuff's I said fox attacking skills b:victory
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Ok, now without googling can you walk me through how to get your 79 skills without cash or cat shopping the necessary items?

Aww double post =(

bh89 b:chuckle

Yes I will level my pets obviously :P, but getting to a higher level 1 hitting mobs at your pets level is much easier.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    anyone with a search function could figure that out.. but 89 isnt the only place where u can get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    anyone with a search function could figure that out.. but 89 isnt the only place where u can get them.

I didn't search that. I know because I do bh89 or my other account b:byeb:surrender
    edited January 2010
    just depends on who uses it. You can be sure if its one of those gloating fools, 'lookit mee im uberz if i oraclez' kinda guys, theyll most likely fail and not even notice it sadly because their so full of themselves. If you get someone who actually works to understand their class after theyve oracled, then yeah they got some good hope. Sadly those type area rare to find.

For me theres 2 types of FAILS related to oracles:

1) Gloating oracle fools that are so full of themselves they think skill is handed down to them along with the oracled sp and exp per mob.

2) Oracle haters who, leave the squad the second an oracled tideborn joins (fh/bh or whatevers) They are worst off than #1 above for making a biased decision based on assumption without seeing any evidence.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2010

TT80 b:victory

(Thats 1-3 and 2-2 for the ones that ... dont know)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    just depends on who uses it. You can be sure if its one of those gloating fools, 'lookit mee im uberz if i oraclez' kinda guys, theyll most likely fail and not even notice it sadly because their so full of themselves. If you get someone who actually works to understand their class after theyve oracled, then yeah they got some good hope. Sadly those type area rare to find.

1) Gloating oracle fools that are so full of themselves they think skill is handed down to them along with the oracled sp and exp per mob.

2) Oracle haters who, leave the squad the second an oracled tideborn joins (fh/bh or whatevers) They are worst off than #1 above for making a biased decision based on assumption without seeing any evidence.

I agree with what you said, oracles don't make you the best, knowing how to play your character makes you the best, oracle noobs don't always fail - although I have seen some myself who have failed lol.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010

aawwww has poor Deceptipoo had people ditch on her because she has a high lvl Tideborn?

ish ok get qui wont leave ur bh squads :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited January 2010
    aawwww has poor Deceptipoo had people ditch on her because she has a high lvl Tideborn?

ish ok get qui wont leave ur bh squads :3
    Go do your dailies for christ sakes >O astypoo says u havnt done CS in 3 weeks!
    *punts Qui*

edit* nah that happened on my other old class. Pple left cause a high TB joined. Me does me own TB BH ;d
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    halp! Deceptipoo ish abusing me b:sad
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So it makes me a noob that i choose to lvl faster then normal? i think not?

Ran out of money ??? b:laugh b:laugh
    b:chuckle
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ya made 61 in 4~5days,but im sure you got ZERO experience about the other parts of this game imo.
    Some people are thinking about levels only..gosh,there are other things to enjoy,
    instead of watching "you've reached xx level!" lols.

Long time ago i met a guy in City of Plume,he was 'plzzzz'ing' around and i asked him with what he needs help,
    then he said,help me to hit lvl80..i suggested him to hit it slowly so he can learn more than levelling.

So people,u can buy levels but knowledge,u get it together with time,not with $ or oracles!

I Mean,whats the point of levelling when u dont even know how to craft a gear or something simple like that?

Well actually i am familiar with the game, i have a lv 87 bm
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So it makes me a noob that i choose to lvl faster then normal? i think not?

Seriously who cares?

Ill tell you , the players who play the game for free.

It all comes down to jealosly because they carnt do it themselves.

All these peple should be happy that money is being pumped into this game so they can play.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Seriously who cares?

Ill tell you , the players who play the game for free.

It all comes down to jealosly because they carnt do it themselves.

All these peple should be happy that money is being pumped into this game so they can play.

When you people stop thinking its jealousy you may understand why oracle hatred exists.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • ImFunding - Lost City
    ImFunding - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    11 pages b:shocked
    Well, I myself look at it like this:
    Love to play for free, but fact is: servers cost money. If there wouldn`t be CS-'abusers' pwi would prolly close sooner or later b:surrender
    So, if u see a oracle noob think like this:
    - He pays for ur pwi-experience
    - Easy PK > lack of training
    - More variety in game-play during FB's/BH's tw and so on

Bottom line:
    All ways look at the bright side of live! b:laugh

Edit*: [Note] I myself don`t abuse oracles
  • Dinysucuras - Sanctuary
    Dinysucuras - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i spend a metric f-k ton of rl money in the cs. i can afford to, but i still choose not to buy my lvls.

and lol @ OP. you've gone from 50 to 71 in a week, and posting elsewhere how experienced you are? and how you wanna do rb? lol. rb is nothing like oracle spawns. anybody who takes you to an rb should expect epic fail.
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol @ OP. you've gone from 50 to 71 in a week, and posting elsewhere how experienced you are? and how you wanna do rb? lol. rb is nothing like oracle spawns. anybody who takes you to an rb should expect epic fail.

Same for anyone, at least the first few times they enter RB, irrespective...
This discussion has been closed.