zirod25brawl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    assasin would own bms
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    no, he said that bms build chi faster, they ONLY build chi faster if the sin melees and doesn't use any chi gaining skills

and BMs aren't squishies, when they said 2 shoting squishies they were talking about arcane armor peeople

ok i am lost,still morning for me. normal attack is not chi build?
    i understand what u mean only i noticed "maybe" he meant to that or he dont readed the skill descriptions because really have sin ahve more chi build skill. (another side i cant call a 7x high lv since still pretty fast the lving compared with 95+ if no delta)

with 2nd thing maybe u have right only i dont thinked he mean to arcanes when we talked about fist because i dont got what is the squishies (in web dictionary i got kinda weird result XD)
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok i am lost,still morning for me. normal attack is not chi build?
    i understand what u mean only i noticed "maybe" he meant to that or he dont readed the skill descriptions because really have sin ahve more chi build skill. (another side i cant call a 7x high lv since still pretty fast the lving compared with 95+ if no delta)

with 2nd thing maybe u have right only i dont thinked he mean to arcanes when we talked about fist because i dont got what is the squishies (in web dictionary i got kinda weird result XD)

i really hate trying to understand your posts x.x

yes normal attacks build chi and if both a sin and fist bm use normal attacks a bm will build chi faster
    but in an actually fight a sin will build chi faster due to there chi building skills

a squishie is someone with low hp and low physical defense, like most clerics, venos, wizards, psychics
    90+ with decent refines they aren't as squishy but still squishier than BMs and Barbs
  • taeknight
    taeknight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yall r noobs.

Assasin vs BM or barb= bm/barb wins, y? kuz assasin is a fist bm with better skills, BUT low **** hp and low **** phy defence.

Ive been fighting 8x assasins, me myself i am a lvl 88 axe bm with 6,5k hp, i waited didnt fight back wanted to see the damage and all, they hit like other bms or barb, tho they take alot alot more, i 2shoted the 8x assasin, but kuz of his buff i had to do 1more hit.

other stuff well i think they will be good vs mages mhmh, well if they go invisible and go and w/e stun or wut they can do the mage they can kill him? ya? my problems mostly r gettin to the wizard and if i can be invisible it woud be alot easier, also LA dun forget

Think archers can kill assasins realy easy, since assasins got low hp and eh, idk just think so not much facts i got, since the high lvl assasins dun pvp much, they grind at oracles.

anyways, we should wait till 1 gets to like 99? kuz 90 isnt high anymore

^ w/e i said, is just my opinion
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    taeknight wrote: »
    Yall r noobs.

Assasin vs BM or barb= bm/barb wins, y? kuz assasin is a fist bm with better skills, BUT low **** hp and low **** phy defence.

Ive been fighting 8x assasins, me myself i am a lvl 88 axe bm with 6,5k hp, i waited didnt fight back wanted to see the damage and all, they hit like other bms or barb, tho they take alot alot more, i 2shoted the 8x assasin, but kuz of his buff i had to do 1more hit.

other stuff well i think they will be good vs mages mhmh, well if they go invisible and go and w/e stun or wut they can do the mage they can kill him? ya? my problems mostly r gettin to the wizard and if i can be invisible it woud be alot easier, also LA dun forget

Think archers can kill assasins realy easy, since assasins got low hp and eh, idk just think so not much facts i got, since the high lvl assasins dun pvp much, they grind at oracles.

anyways, we should wait till 1 gets to like 99? kuz 90 isnt high anymore

^ w/e i said, is just my opinion

:D

wfwfwfwf
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the bm wont have any attack speed after rib strike? what will he do? carry someone for chi cuz thats faster than regular hitting?
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    the bm wont have any attack speed after rib strike? what will he do? carry someone for chi cuz thats faster than regular hitting?

maybe skill spam?
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »

rib strike doesnt completly get rid of someones atk speed. it only reduces it by 50%. BMs will still have some atk speed left and they can use skills to gain chi. but they can never keep up with a sins rate at gaining chi. inner harmony alone is just such a sexy skill.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok we talk about chi gaining but why? bm dont have same amount of chi leecher skill. its kinda balanced, u got chi gain and use alot chi another class dont got but most of skill dont need it too

(ok who cast 1st 3rd spark is a advatage but another class can run away)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok we talk about chi gaining but why? bm dont have same amount of chi leecher skill. its kinda balanced, u got chi gain and use alot chi another class dont got but most of skill dont need it too

i believe we are talking about it cuz someone mentioned a fist BM can gain chi faster then a sin can. and chi allows us to use our spark skills alot more often
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i believe we are talking about it cuz someone mentioned a fist BM can gain chi faster then a sin can. and chi allows us to use our spark skills alot more often

i hit with fist autoattack=4 chi

so lets have fun with math

ROTP>3 spark>autoattack for 3 seconds(15 hitsx4=60 chi)>drake bash(really your not dead yet?)>6 seconds of autoattack(30 hits for 120chi)>smack

repeat next cycle substituting relentless courage for hell spark

repeat again with hell spark

so your locked in place so the bm can autoattack and the bm is gaining 3 sparks every 18 seconds (would be 15 but skills do take casing time)

learn about the class before saying can/cant do this

(note:this is my planed antibarb combo for 99 honestly i cant see the sin lasting past the 3x sparked hell bash if it connects)

also notice that the only 89+ skill used was hell spark lvl 10 stuns are assumed so theres no inherent lvl bias

tried a dumbed down version of the combo(only a 1.67 aps with cyclone atm) on a few lvl 7x sins and as long as RotP conected sin normally dropped in the autoattack after bash triggered nerves

stealth n teles are easily avoided via jumping sadly...they suffer the same resrictions of every tele in game

a few geni skills i see sins needing to effectivly PK probobly on a on a dex/vit

absolute domain

holy path

bramble rage

frenzy

seal

just a few of the well used skills that effectivly cover sins weaknesses (domain and rage) work with their strengths (frenzy&seal) and well your mele closing with kiters in invaluable and teles are useless with any change in elevation so path gives you an extra way to close
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

ROTP>3 spark>autoattack for 3 seconds(15 hitsx4=60 chi)>drake bash(really your not dead yet?)>6 seconds of autoattack(30 hits for 120chi)>smack

so your locked in place so the bm can autoattack and the bm is gaining 3 sparks every 18 seconds (would be 15 but skills do take casing time)

(note:this is my planed antibarb combo for 99 honestly i cant see the sin lasting past the 3x sparked hell bash if it connects)

also notice that the only 89+ skill used was hell spark lvl 10 stuns are assumed so theres no inherent lvl bias

tried a dumbed down version of the combo(only a 1.67 aps with cyclone atm) on a few lvl 7x sins and as long as RotP conected sin normally dropped in the autoattack after bash triggered nerves

stealth n teles are easily avoided via jumping sadly...they suffer the same resrictions of every tele in game

a few geni skills i see sins needing to effectivly PK probobly on a on a dex/vit

absolute domain

holy path

bramble rage

frenzy

seal

just a few of the well used skills that effectivly cover sins weaknesses (domain and rage) work with their strengths (frenzy&seal) and well your mele closing with kiters in invaluable and teles are useless with any change in elevation so path gives you an extra way to close

rib strike lowers your attack speed by 50%

tidal protection gives us a 50% chance to avoid all neg status effects, good bye stun lock =]

and how are teles useless with a change in elevation aye?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rib strike lowers your attack speed by 50%

tidal protection gives us a 50% chance to avoid all neg status effects, good bye stun lock =]

and how are teles useless with a change in elevation aye?

try it they dont take you up or down so if youur oponent is jumping at cast it warps you under them and dosent stun

tidal protection is nice and can indeed disrupt lock but its only 50% and thats never somthing to count on i mean its not like bm's have had to deal with antistuns since the game started (vac powders) or that every mage carries a antistun on thier geni

though ya having roar fail is annoying as hell lol

rib dosent affect - int or quicken buffs and hell spark purifies it right off

again that stat evade is hella annoying but havin ninja fights with leaps+farstrike>spirit chaser>drakes vs tele stomping sin is obscene amounts of fun
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    try it they dont take you up or down so if youur oponent is jumping at cast it warps you under them and dosent stun

tidal protection is nice and can indeed disrupt lock but its only 50% and thats never somthing to count on i mean its not like bm's have had to deal with antistuns since the game started (vac powders) or that every mage carries a antistun on thier geni

though ya having roar fail is annoying as hell lol

rib dosent affect - int or quicken buffs and hell spark purifies it right off

again that stat evade is hella annoying but havin ninja fights with leaps+farstrike>spirit chaser>drakes vs tele stomping sin is obscene amounts of fun

i'm not entirely sure what you mean
    when i use tele on an air or water mob that is above or below me it teles me right on top of them o.O
    unfortunately i haven't got to use this in pvp yet as my only pvp experiance seems to be dueling squad members before a bh while we wait for everyone to get to the dungeon lol

yeahs but bm have never had to deal with 50% chance of stuns failing AND anti stun pots/genie skills

and if i see a bm triple spark i sure as hell aren't standing around and letting him rebuild his chi on me =[ lol
    edited January 2010
    Options

absolute domain

holy path

bramble rage

frenzy

seal

i never said a BM cant gain chi fast -_- i said a sin can gain chi faster and im not talking about meleeing. and u act as if the sin will just stand around and take this little combo ur talking about.

it would look good on paper but if u actually put it into practice against someone who knows what they are doing it will have very diffrent results from the ones u think u will get. so if i was u i wouldnt get to excited because ur equation might not work out like u think it will. not saying it wont work and not saying it will work, just dont put so much faith into it especially if ur going up against someone who knows what there doing. sins have alot of skills to avoid stunlocking and criple BMs on what makes them strong. and this is without sage/demon skills even.

and i honestly think we should save this discussion for when sins do get there sage/demon stuff. both of the tides are unfinished classes so at this point it is kinda unfair to compare them to demon fist BMs.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i never said a BM cant gain chi fast -_- i said a sin can gain chi faster and im not talking about meleeing. and u act as if the sin will just stand around and take this little combo ur talking about.

it would look good on paper but if u actually put it into practice against someone who knows what they are doing it will have very diffrent results from the ones u think u will get. so if i was u i wouldnt get to excited because ur equation might not work out like u think it will. not saying it wont work and not saying it will work, just dont put so much faith into it especially if ur going up against someone who knows what there doing. sins have alot of skills to avoid stunlocking and criple BMs on what makes them strong. and this is without sage/demon skills even.

and i honestly think we should save this discussion for when sins do get there sage/demon stuff. both of the tides are unfinished classes so at this point it is kinda unfair to compare them to demon fist BMs.

well unless you have your antistun on ...yes your kinda locked in place here so ya....your gonna tank a fist spark unless you get real lucky

also you can gain burts of chi faster but over a greater period of time the bm gains more due to your skills needing to cool down

and as stated the 50% stunfail chance isnt that big of an issue

i've tryed on sins with the skill on...its not a silver bullet against bm's that will keep stunlock from working

honestly its realy more of a anti wizzie skill to get to them before seal shut down undine etc

all this said i'd say that the skill damage buff is better also its gliched it negates the % of normal attacks in addition to skill hits

and notice im not useing heaven hell skills here dude these ar lvl 10 ones with hell spark added

also final note all i did there was take the standard multipath stunlock and add in a hell spark...trust me it works wonderfully and is a pretty common and proven fist/axe combo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well unless you have your antistun on ...yes your kinda locked in place here so ya....your gonna tank a fist spark unless you get real lucky

also you can gain burts of chi faster but over a greater period of time the bm gains more due to your skills needing to cool down

i've tryed on sins with the skill on...its not a silver bullet against bm's that will keep stunlock from working

honestly its realy more of a anti wizzie skill to get to them before seal shut down undine etc

all this said i'd say that the skill damage buff is better also its gliched it negates the % of normal attacks in addition to skill hits

and notice im not useing heaven hell skills here dude these ar lvl 10 ones with hell spark added

also final note all i did there was take the standard multipath stunlock and add in a hell spark...trust me it works wonderfully and is a pretty common and proven fist/axe combo

50% chance to avoid status effects is nothing to take lightly or brush off as if it wont effect a BMs stunlock capabilities. this is on top of all the other anti stuns in this game. it will be very hard for u to keep a sin stunlocked if ur fighting someone that knows what they are doing. i just do not see it happening. ud have to get real lucky with them if ur going to pull it off. the chance for ur stun to fail is pretty significant and if it does then a sin can capitalize on that and punish u for it. if instead our tidal protection fails us we still have maze steps and other anti stun things.

a -50% decrease in atk speed is also not something to take lightly. altho u may think its not much it will still cripple the rate at which a fist BM can gain chi thru meleeing. sins can gain chi not only from there skills but we also have a fast atk rate in which to build up chi from normal atks aswell (assuming deep chill is not in affect). we just have to many chi gaining abilities it almost seems endless. inner harmony giving 2 sparks at max, rising dragin strike giving 150 chi, tackling which gives 50, and force stealth which gives 1 spark. we also have our fast atk rate to gain chi thru meleeing similar to a fist bm while some of our chi skills cooldown if rly needed which i doubt will be needed much at all.

it rly seems as if u are relying on stunlocking a sin which just wont happen like with other classes.

and yes, focus mind (i think that is what ur talking about right?) does avoid melee atks aswell as skill atks. but instead of avoiding it just reduces the dmg to 1. its not rly glicthed its just the description is wrong. alot of the skill descriptions for sin is inaccurate mainly because the expansion was rushed. and if all of the assassins im talking to ingame and including the ones on forums are right about power dash increasing crit rate and not rage dmg then that skill will just be insane and a invaluable skill for sins to have. just think of the uses 40% crit rate can bring when that skill is maxed lol.
  • Periculosul - Raging Tide
    Periculosul - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If they were both at max level, with the best equips, and equal playing experience.

Who would win :D

Assassins will won

FIST damage weapon is based on STR

Daggers damage weapons is based on DEXTERITY

Biggest damage + critical are dealt by assassin
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    50% chance to avoid status effects is nothing to take lightly or brush off as if it wont effect a BMs stunlock capabilities. this is on top of all the other anti stuns in this game. it will be very hard for u to keep a sin stunlocked if ur fighting someone that knows what they are doing. i just do not see it happening. ud have to get real lucky with them if ur going to pull it off. the chance for ur stun to fail is pretty significant and if it does then a sin can capitalize on that and punish u for it. if instead our tidal protection fails us we still have maze steps and other anti stun things.

a -50% decrease in atk speed is also not something to take lightly. altho u may think its not much it will still cripple the rate at which a fist BM can gain chi thru meleeing. sins can gain chi not only from there skills but we also have a fast atk rate in which to build up chi from normal atks aswell (assuming deep chill is not in affect). we just have to many chi gaining abilities it almost seems endless. inner harmony giving 2 sparks at max, rising dragin strike giving 150 chi, tackling which gives 50, and force stealth which gives 1 spark. we also have our fast atk rate to gain chi thru meleeing similar to a fist bm while some of our chi skills cooldown if rly needed which i doubt will be needed much at all.

it rly seems as if u are relying on stunlocking a sin which just wont happen like with other classes.

and yes, focus mind (i think that is what ur talking about right?) does avoid melee atks aswell as skill atks. but instead of avoiding it just reduces the dmg to 1. its not rly glicthed its just the description is wrong. alot of the skill descriptions for sin is inaccurate mainly because the expansion was rushed. and if all of the assassins im talking to ingame and including the ones on forums are right about power dash increasing crit rate and not rage dmg then that skill will just be insane and a invaluable skill for sins to have. just think of the uses 40% crit rate can bring when that skill is maxed lol.

well the 50% antistun is annoying as is maze steps

but sins tend to drop after 6 seconds of autoattack with antistun on

all the bm needs to do is get off 1 long stun to down you whereas focused mind (thanks forgot the name) almost doubles that survival time

this is just my personal expericance but it seems to me that the machup is pretty simple

A sin chains crits and a MAQ geni skill + high damage skills and amps control skills

B bm keeps trying till a stun sticks sparks > fists to death

both classes get better offensivly at higher levels and im no taking any skills past 89 sparks into consideration here

bm does have an edge in this machup but keep in mind that many classes have an unfair edge over other classes untill endgame

we wolnt know till all skills/equips are added

but atm the bm does have a huge advantage simply because we hit you harder than you hit us. you can work around this (those geni skills look at them and try the build out)

new class is new dont instantly say "it must work like this" look what happend to bms when people started that....vit axe builds >.<

instead think of ways to make this crazyness work and how to cover your weaknesses

and for the last tme im not discounting sins strengths just getting you to accept that your not a OP omg kill everyone class...b:surrender

also for the last time

rib strike dosent affect the boost frim - int or buffs and for bm's without high - int (like myself) theres 3 other weapons on that hotkey bar
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im not saying that sins are a "OP omg kill everyone" class at all. im just trying to get some ppl to understand that a BM nor barb can completly destroy a sin and a sin wont be able to do anything about it. i see that alot round here ever since the sin class came out and im just giving reasons/scenarios to disprove that.

a barb/BM basically has high pdef and high HP as there advantage. but honestly as far as i can see that is there only and main advantage and like u said urself there is ways to get around that. i just want ppl to understand that just because a barb/sin has high HP/pdef doesnt mean they will utterly kill a sin 100% of the time while a sin can do nothing back in return.

but the only real way to get ppl satisfied on this is to get some 8x sins and a 8x BM or 8x barb and go 1v1 and go from there. do a few rounds wit each other and fraps it and put on youtube. maybe that will satisfy some ppls interests in a sin vs BM or sin vs barb fight b:surrender anyway im done wit it for now since im sleepy as hell. i dont think ima argue this anymore untill sins get there sage/demon skills or just wait a few months when theres more non oracle 8x and 9x sins running around.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sleep - Triple Spark - Wolf Emblem - Vacuity Powder - Tackling Slash - Tangling Mire - meleemeleemelee

Even simple combinations like that could be used against BMs/Barbs... and they may work, I don't know. Windshield for example might be another option to use since it'll allow you to live longer while you're beating on them, but you'll need to make sure you don't overwrite the speed boost from demon triple spark. There's other options anyway.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well you may not but that guy above your last post did lol

and you must realize that barbs dont just have hp and phys resist....they have TONS of hp and phys resist

and a bm has higher phys maq and decent hp however since fist/all weapon bms have 0 vit hp isnt THAT much of a concern in this

bm's also hit hard in spikes (axe pole sword) lvl 6 MSS will one shot a = level sin if it crits. and they out dps by far

barbs can arma and have some of the best phys resist debuffs in game

so bm's will be roughly = in damage output to sins. barbs spike better with a vit build at endgame (arma) but till then the damage is far less than a bm or sin

i know exactly how hard you sins hit lolb:surrender

but at least till diminishing returns hits you will be hit harder than you hit another HA so you'll have to work around it via well timed stealths and disables

more skilled/more $ed player will win but the sin is at a disadvantage
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    maocchi, i like the way u think. (just puttin that out there) and yeah i agree that a sin can prob go toe to toe with a fist but i just think that the outcome would prob be the BM on top. a good sin does have a chance to win but its least likely then a BM's chances. and yes Debates like this i enjoy b:victory
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Right now, Fist BM > Sin at any level given the similar gears.

Sin skills are yet to be fully implemented, and BMs pwn Sin's grow of accuracy/evasion per Dex point.
    b:surrender

In the other hand, I'm having no problem killing 9X robes and archers w/o insane refines.
  • _kageyoshi_ - Heavens Tear
    _kageyoshi_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    when i was lvl 23, i fought and beat a lvl 26 bm BAD. i was only at half life when i finished him both times.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

how many sins have you thought that actually have the skill maxed o.O?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how many sins have you thought that actually have the skill maxed o.O?

so far?

only 1 keept it at max lvl

its annoying as hell but not to hard to work aroundb:surrender
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so far?

only 1 keept it at max lvl

its annoying as hell but not to hard to work aroundb:surrender

and what level is "kept it at max level"?
    the skill doesn't max out till you hit 86 o.O

59 > 27.5%
    62 > 30%
    65 > 32.5%
    68 > 35%
    71 > 37.5%
    74 > 40%
    77 > 42.5%
    80 > 45%
    83 > 47.5%
    86 > 50%

i mean yeah 40% and 50% isn't a huge difference but still a decent difference
    with 40% your stuns are still more likely to land than to fail
    but with 50% your stuns have just as much chance of failing as they do landing
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and what level is "kept it at max level"?
    the skill doesn't max out till you hit 86 o.O

59 > 27.5%
    62 > 30%
    65 > 32.5%
    68 > 35%
    71 > 37.5%
    74 > 40%
    77 > 42.5%
    80 > 45%
    83 > 47.5%
    86 > 50%

i mean yeah 40% and 50% isn't a huge difference but still a decent difference
    with 40% your stuns are still more likely to land than to fail
    but with 50% your stuns have just as much chance of failing as they do landing

however ill admit most sins seem to prefer the damage redux buff
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    however ill admit most sins seem to prefer the damage redux buff

yeah on most classes i'd use focus mind but tidal protection has it's uses
This discussion has been closed.