Assassin vs Fist BM?

DarkHam - Harshlands
DarkHam - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Assassin
If they were both at max level, with the best equips, and equal playing experience.

Who would win :D
Post edited by DarkHam - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    umm really are we gonna do this now? *sigh* well as i said in the other thread i beleive a sin will be a better DPSer then a fist BM. the main reason i say this is because in higher lvls a sin will have a insane ammount of NATURAL crit rate. and on top of that NATURAL crit rate they will get even more crit rate from there gears/etc. and on top of that they have a skill that increases there crit rate even more. + they also have a skill that increases the dmg they do with there crits by 30%....

so ya... i think its pretty obvious that a sin can potentialy out dps a fist BM because of the huge ammount of crit rate they will have end game.

*puts flame shield on*
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Both will reach 5.00 attack speed, IFF assassin rank chest armor has -.05 inteval...
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is this a serious question?
    Lmao.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who would win what?
    Fist BMs will have more survivability.
    Sins will have more damage
    Fist BMs will have a helpful buff for the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Who would win what?
    Fist BMs will have more survivability.
    Sins will have more damage
    Fist BMs will have a helpful buff for the squad.

Assassin has more damage. Better skills including DoT. And they look better.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassin has more damage. Better skills including DoT. And they look better.

Male assassins look better than a fist BM? Is your screen bugged? Emo fish people ftl..

Assassin may do more damage but fist BM have more phy def and since sins use light armour they will take more damage from the decreased phy def so it equals it out but i think that fist bm would be better pvp wise
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Male assassins look better than a fist BM? Is your screen bugged? Emo fish people ftl..

Assassin may do more damage but fist BM have more phy def and since sins use light armour they will take more damage from the decreased phy def so it equals it out but i think that fist bm would be better pvp wise

Fistbm have limited skills, as they have 4 schools of skills over other weapons.
    Assassin skills > Daggers. And mor variety.
    Low def ain't a priority over level 30.
    kthx.
    edited December 2009
    Fistbm have limited skills, as they have 4 schools of skills over other weapons.
    Assassin skills > Daggers. And mor variety.
    Low def ain't a priority over level 30.
    kthx.

Fist BM still have skills outside of the 4 skills in their specific weapon choice which would still benefit them like stuns so really all a good fist BM would need to do is keep the sin stun locked and smack them to death....

All you have really said is that for a sin to beat a bm they would need to spam skills but your forgetting other classes ability to keep people stun locked then your screwed

kthx. b:bye
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Fist BM still have skills outside of the 4 skills in their specific weapon choice which would still benefit them like stuns so really all a good fist BM would need to do is keep the sin stun locked and smack them to death....

All you have really said is that for a sin to beat a bm they would need to spam skills but your forgetting other classes ability to keep people stun locked then your screwed

kthx. b:bye

Assassin hits crits alot, they also have buff to increase crit damage. Not to mention all the forms of stealth, and a buff to evade skills, including your stun. Then there is the skill to put you asleep while your bleeding and the assassin goes invis, maybe to repeat, or just crit through that def of yours.

Kthxbai.
    edited December 2009
    Assassin hits crits alot, they also have buff to increase crit damage. Not to mention all the forms of stealth, and a buff to evade skills, including your stun. Then there is the skill to put you asleep while your bleeding and the assassin goes invis, maybe to repeat, or just crit through that def of yours.

Kthxbai.

Fist BM hit crit alot too, im still wondering if you have ever actually hit a phy hit on someone using heavy armour because all your saying is that crits would dominate a BMs phy def.

From personal experience ive seen that while a sin goes invisible if they are targetted they can still be hit so hiding while invisible is still useless. These skills that your talking of about like sleep, evade skills and such are proving useless thats why so far most sins complain of dying alot.

Your even saying that phy def is useless when up against a sin if that was the case this games pvp system would spiral out of control and most likely introduce a mass quit by players.

I still think that fist BMs would smack the hell out of a sin easy
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If crit rate is going to decide who wins...

Fist BM with Dragon Bane + Demonic Eruption = epic win.

Stun won't come in play majority of the times since both classes have skills that prevent any form of freeze/slow down.

Fist BMs also have Golden Bell + Marrow Physical which would render most physical damage nearly harmless.

Do we also want to mention that Fist BMs have access to Diamon Sutra, a survival skill that dominates over any survival skills Assassins have?

Also, if the Assassin allows the BM to hit him enough times, he would drop before DoT can do its job.

Lastly, Fist BM not having a large arsenal of skills is not a minus. The greatest damage of Fist BMs come from auto attacking, not skills. Will of Bodhistava + auto attack can probably drop the Assassin. Of course, this is just my speculation and in no way a fact.

And no, I'm not biased towards fists. I have both Fist BM and an Assassin. Assassin is indeed powerful but when it comes to growth rate, Fist BM grows more and more useful while Assassin has no noticeable change in usefulness.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    maocchi wrote: »

Stun won't come in play majority of the times since both classes have skills that prevent any form of freeze/slow down.

Fist BMs also have Golden Bell + Marrow Physical which would render most physical damage nearly harmless.

Do we also want to mention that Fist BMs have access to Diamon Sutra, a survival skill that dominates over any survival skills Assassins have?

Also, if the Assassin allows the BM to hit him enough times, he would drop before DoT can do its job.

Lastly, Fist BM not having a large arsenal of skills is not a minus. The greatest damage of Fist BMs come from auto attacking, not skills. Will of Bodhistava + auto attack can probably drop the Assassin. Of course, this is just my speculation and in no way a fact.

And no, I'm not biased towards fists. I have both Fist BM and an Assassin. Assassin is indeed powerful but when it comes to growth rate, Fist BM grows more and more useful while Assassin has no noticeable change in usefulness.

Is this why you post your bs on a alt account?
  • maocchi
    edited December 2009
    I didn't write all that so you can post a useless reply.

Do both of us a favor and post why you think what I said is bs. Then we'll do something about you looking like a ****. Thanks.
    edited December 2009
    maocchi wrote: »

lol? u have no idea on how powerful there 59 skills are so u cant rly talk about Fist BMs having a larger growth rate. not to mention all the chi gain skills a sin has they can practically do 2 sparked atkes endlessly without having to worry about gaining alot of chi like other classes do.

fist BMs are very limited in there skills. if a fist BM even tries to spam skills they wont be very successful because sins have a skill that lets u avoid skills all together, a skill that lets u avoid status effects, a skill that turns u invisible+gives1 spark+removes any status effects u do have all at the same time, and a skill that has a 100% chance for u to avoid stun/sleep/imobolize. so a BM will loose in a skill fight WAY before the sin looses. a sin has the upper hand in a skill fight against a fist BM hands down. and in a melee fight there odds are not that much better because sins have a skill that reduces atk speed by a good ammount.

i am not saying that a sin can completly own and annialate a fist BM. all im saying is stop underestimating the potential a sin has.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If this is a pure DPS standpoint, then I'd say Assassin with that Crit damage increase.... of course I'd much rather be a fist BM..
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fist bm's have acess to axes poles and swords and can insta swap to them

sins are -.15 away from 5 per second due to the lack of -int daggers
    and their inability to wear HA

sins are a skill spamy SPIKE oreinted class

fists are DPS and we borrow spike from the other 3 paths

bm's have a skill called dragons bane + 25% critrate and at demonization a rather large amount of our skills give +10% crit or more up to glacial wich grants 5 secs of 100% so crit rate isnt an issue

it comes down to player skill and $ spent on game realy

(fist bm would win though we like sushi to...look outb:cute)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited December 2009
    fist bm's have acess to axes poles and swords and can insta swap to them

sins are -.15 away from 5 per second due to the lack of -int daggers
    and their inability to wear HA

sins are a skill spamy SPIKE oreinted class

fists are DPS and we borrow spike from the other 3 paths

bm's have a skill called dragons bane + 25% critrate and at demonization a rather large amount of our skills give +10% crit or more up to glacial wich grants 5 secs of 100% so crit rate isnt an issue

it comes down to player skill and $ spent on game realy

(fist bm would win though we like sushi to...look outb:cute)

u rly have the spirits and coin to max both fist skills and pole skills? this is a legitimate question btw. also while ur skill does give 25% crit rate, at higher lvls we will NATURALLY have about that same ammount of crit rate and a skill to increase that crit rate even more.
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    With level 10 skills

Dagger Mastery +60% Dagger Damage
    Chill of the Deep +30 Attack Levels
    Subsea Strike +30% Damage Amp for 8 seconds (stacks with BM Dragon, but not Extreme Poison)
    Wolf Emblem +30% Critical Damage

Inner Harmony 200 Chi (at level 10, 150 at level 1), Rising Dragon Strike 150 Chi, Shadow Escape 100 Chi, Tackling Strike 50 Chi. This totals to 500 chi (5 sparks) that can be gained EXTREMELY quickly.

So you can spark erupt 5 times, advanced 2 times with 1 spark stock, and demon/sage 1 time with 2 spark stock.

Replacement? No, noteworthy? Oh yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    u rly have the spirits and coin to max both fist skills and pole skills? this is a legitimate question btw. also while ur skill does give 25% crit rate, at higher lvls we will NATURALLY have about that same ammount of crit rate and a skill to increase that crit rate even more.

Actually, from what I've seen, most BMs level up both Fist + Axe\Sword\Pole(?) skills around lvl 80+. Fist + Axe is probably the most popular option due to AoE (from what I've seen) with Sword up next (mainly for 1vs1 purposes from what I've heard) and Pole being last (I've rarely seen a Polearm BM).

Anyways, I would say Fist BM would probably win since they have the advantage with HA and higher HP probably. Also, most Fist BMs I see are usually VERY experienced and know how to play it well. Assassins are still kinda new so I'd say 1 month till you can actually decide which class will win.b:bye
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Fist BM hit crit alot too, im still wondering if you have ever actually hit a phy hit on someone using heavy armour because all your saying is that crits would dominate a BMs phy def.

From personal experience ive seen that while a sin goes invisible if they are targetted they can still be hit so hiding while invisible is still useless. These skills that your talking of about like sleep, evade skills and such are proving useless thats why so far most sins complain of dying alot.

Your even saying that phy def is useless when up against a sin if that was the case this games pvp system would spiral out of control and most likely introduce a mass quit by players.

I still think that fist BMs would smack the hell out of a sin easy

Thts maybe because ur 90 but if the sin is same lvl as the bm as mentioned in thread u wont be able to see or target him
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thts maybe because ur 90 but if the sin is same lvl as the bm as mentioned in thread u wont be able to see or target him

But even if you are invisible you get one attack before coming out. That's it. BM's have been chasing down archers for a long time. And once we reach them.....game on...may the best player win.

Fact is this is all speculation at this point. The full sin skill list isn't even out. Skills will be nerfed some made stronger.

Sins will kill bm's and bm's will kill sins.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hichel - Harshlands
    Hichel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the best playerskilled will win :P
    Played 2 years and a half with Clerics
    Falken: Elf Priest(EP) lvl 98 PW-MY
    Hichel: Sacerdote lvl 93 PW-BR

To become an Assassin
    Hichel: Assassin for now Active.
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But even if you are invisible you get one attack before coming out. That's it. BM's have been chasing down archers for a long time. And once we reach them.....game on...may the best player win.

Fact is this is all speculation at this point. The full sin skill list isn't even out. Skills will be nerfed some made stronger.

Sins will kill bm's and bm's will kill sins.

this isnt true either because in stealth mode we can go anywhere we want so we can pop up somewhere else and sleep u before u even know where are back. however i must say the cast time of stealth mode does takes a while
    edited December 2009
    Its funny how everyone keeps giving themselves advantages as if the other player isn't going to be doing anything.

So you sleep me. Clerics sleep me too. Is the sin sleep that much better. Can you hit me over and over and over without allowing me to move or use skills....??
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hichel - Harshlands
    Hichel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its funny how everyone keeps giving themselves advantages as if the other player isn't going to be doing anything.

So you sleep me. Clerics sleep me too. Is the sin sleep that much better. Can you hit me over and over and over without allowing me to move or use skills....??

That's why we cant tell who's gonna win, because we can tell what we gonna do, but not what the other player will do.

as you said...may the best player win.
    Played 2 years and a half with Clerics
    Falken: Elf Priest(EP) lvl 98 PW-MY
    Hichel: Sacerdote lvl 93 PW-BR

To become an Assassin
    Hichel: Assassin for now Active.
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this isnt true either because in stealth mode we can go anywhere we want so we can pop up somewhere else and sleep u before u even know where are back. however i must say the cast time of stealth mode does takes a while

Sleep wears off when you hit them so you better hope that hit does ALOT of damage and quick (or just stun them if you still have it).
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Morty just seems to be a biased **** that believes he is always right
    just from what i know a fist bm will win.
    higher hp, stun skills, heavy armor, its a fist bm so it has a lot of dex so its pretty equal to a sin with stats (not buffs) and dont forget the phys def increases.
    a sin has stealth, sleep, and crits. thats pretty much all i can think of right now.
    stack up pros and cons for each class and i would say a BM has more than a sin.
    edited December 2009
    That's why we cant tell who's gonna win, because we can tell what we gonna do, but not what the other player will do.

as you said...may the best player win.

Yeah, I think i'm done here. b:thanks
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    edited December 2009
    lol? u have no idea on how powerful there 59 skills are so u cant rly talk about Fist BMs having a larger growth rate. not to mention all the chi gain skills a sin has they can practically do 2 sparked atkes endlessly without having to worry about gaining alot of chi like other classes do.

fist BMs are very limited in there skills. if a fist BM even tries to spam skills they wont be very successful because sins have a skill that lets u avoid skills all together, a skill that lets u avoid status effects, a skill that turns u invisible+gives1 spark+removes any status effects u do have all at the same time, and a skill that has a 100% chance for u to avoid stun/sleep/imobolize. so a BM will loose in a skill fight WAY before the sin looses. a sin has the upper hand in a skill fight against a fist BM hands down. and in a melee fight there odds are not that much better because sins have a skill that reduces atk speed by a good ammount.

i am not saying that a sin can completly own and annialate a fist BM. all im saying is stop underestimating the potential a sin has.

Can we start reading posts before replying? I said a Fist BM's lack of large skill arsenal is not a minus. That means a Fist BM is NOT supposed to spam skills. Assassins can spam as many skill and apply as many effects as they want. But at the end of the day, if you can't do enough damage and take enough damage (both of which Fist BMs excel at, provided the fight is purely physical), they can't have the upperhand in a fight. No class in PWI can render an opponent completely helpless for the entire duration of a fight. Not even BMs.

Also, I mentioned that those points were my speculation (which is what this thread was about in the first place, although many seem to have forgotten). I'm not underestimating potential of Assassins nor do I think Assassins stand no chance. I just think there's no viable theory as of YET as to how Assassins can win against one of the deadliest end game character types.
  • System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited December 2009
    Funny how TideBorns have so much pride after only being out for a week x.X
This discussion has been closed.