Wizards VS Psychics

Comments

• Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To be honest about the dmg at lower levels, its great yea, but once i hit 20 it wasnt as great as wizard.

The buffs don't make you so terribly OP for psychic either, everyone makes it seem as though the atk/def buffs for psychic are the make or break in pvp for them, when in fact it isn't a large % that they get.

I still think end game wizard > end game psychic, but I can always be proven wrong (which I doubt) b:laugh

We dont know yet what sage or demon does to their skills.. as Wizard shines 90+ so cud a phychic..

I havent really check out the wizard much yet but correct me if im wrong.. They dont hav any physical attacks ?

also our 79 skills to increase our element resists will be useful now

and wanted to note, phychics hav slef buffs to reflect damage? and reflect status effect.. so be careful they cud reflect your undine or sleep or seal..

Edit or wosre, your Blade Tempest D=
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • Uncanny - Lost City
    Uncanny - Lost City Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dont they only have water and earth spells?
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No, I doubt they can "reflect" undine or sleep, of that I am sure.
    Also using earth spells on a wizard is completely absurd. So I'm not worried :D
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No, I doubt they can "reflect" undine or sleep, of that I am sure.
    Also using earth spells on a wizard is completely absurd. So I'm not worried :D

They can in fact reflect undine and sleep. One of their skills is specifically made to reflect negative status effects back to the attacker. Only problem is that it's based on soulpower, which makes the success rate unpredictable.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My psychic can one shot 2x mobs. My wizard could never do that as pure mag.....
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    My psychic can one shot 2x mobs. My wizard could never do that as pure mag.....

Impossible, unless you get lucky crits. I even have a +45 magic tome and the best gear for my level and I can only one shot mobs when I crit. Even then, it requires them to be weak to my element(EG, water mobs.)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Impossible, unless you get lucky crits. I even have a +45 magic tome and the best gear for my level and I can only one shot mobs when I crit. Even then, it requires them to be weak to my element(EG, water mobs.)

...because you're a Wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So they can reflect both debuffs & damage?
    Is it done with the same skill?
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So they can reflect both debuffs & damage?
    Is it done with the same skill?

No its not done with the same skill, but i am not aware of the cooldown.. if its a short cooldown were all screwed =/

also the buff the increase attack lvl and decrease defence and viceversa is castable on any target, there for they can :

Cast increase attack lvl on a DD'r alrdy for extra damage.

Cast it on themselves for extra damage
    cast it on themselves for extra defence
    Cast it on target to lower defence but increase attack
    and idk cast defence on som1 who might die ? or on tank ?
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Couple of notes to reflecting ect.

Reflecting dmg does NOT reduce the dmg taken. The effect is called soul of mirror, only deals part of the dmg back to the attacker. (not sure about the high lvl reflect skil, as that one does absorb some dmg).

The reflecting status effects is a different skil, though not sure if they are stackable. (as atleast 2 of the soul skils share a cooldown which is as long as the duration of the buf, and the other 2 soul skils share a cooldown to)

Cause of the share cooldown, a psy would have to make a choise between stunning or reflecting.

EDIT: the buf is 3 mins for my lvl 1 reflect buf, and so is the cooldown. No way a psy is switching between them during a fight (as they share cooldown to). Also has a pritty long channel
    Same for the attack/def lvl changing buf, it has 8sec cooldown and takes some time to channel
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    ...because you're a Wizard.

No, I'm talking about with my psychic.

I moved my magic tome over to my level 24 psy today through the account stash.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No, I'm talking about with my psychic.

I moved my magic tome over to my level 24 psy today through the account stash.

Then she HAX?

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MasterXeno - Dreamweaver
    MasterXeno - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wizards will still Dominate them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All for one and one for all, together the world will prosper. So pick up your weapons and rise up together and I will chant "For friends and for tomorrow. Never look back and continue forward through peace and love we will unite not as a team, but as one."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked
    can't they cast the increase def/decrease attack level on us...
    b:infuriated
    oh noes~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

i...dont....know....what you are doing wrong. My psychic is stronger than my wizard was....and dies a lot less. And i <3 the stun skill

btw reflect is based off your soulforce

P.S. i look forward to seeing psy endgame. My friend said this about my psy:

"The damage of a wizard, with the channel of a veno"

He is right, i dont have much trouble taking down inc mag resist mobs. Its amazing how fast things drop. I can kill a mob before a wizard finishes channeling a nuke.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i...dont....know....what you are doing wrong. My psychic is stronger than my wizard was....and dies a lot less. And i <3 the stun skill

btw reflect is based off your soulforce

P.S. i look forward to seeing psy endgame. My friend said this about my psy:

"The damage of a wizard, with the channel of a veno"

He is right, i dont have much trouble taking down inc mag resist mobs. Its amazing how fast things drop. I can kill a mob before a wizard finishes channeling a nuke.
    there is a reason why evrey1 say wiz sucks till 79

wiz dont really get to half of is potential till 79 and from there on it just get better and better dont be supprise ur doing better then wiz ur lvl its only neutral u should be worried if u wouldnt be better then wiz ur lvl just wait till u get to 80s 90s then see what a wiz can do
  • Onsakumaru - Heavens Tear
    Onsakumaru - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    go psychics !!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mmmmm....u taste like noob >:)
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pretty sure psychics can't aoe ulti

Pretty sure pshysics only have 2 elemental types of damage (water and earth)

Pretty sure they cant sleep-ulti for a super high ance of killing

Pretty sure they don't have insane mdef due to shields

Pretty sure they don't have undine strike

Pretty sure I like typing pretty sure

if (player.hasABrain=true) {

Mages > all
    }

else {
    youSuck
    }
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Plus mages are really more of a PVP class, even endgame. It is not only that mages do insane spike damage and have the possibility to instant sleep opponents before channeling an ult, they also have a very strong and balanced defense, taking their squishiness away endgame. A psych will neither have stone barrier nor can he kill things without black vodoo. And that will make him a lot squishier than mage endgame. Sure they can change vodoo if the anticipate an attack or something, but that won't always work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009

wiz dont really get to half of is potential till 79 and from there on it just get better and better dont be supprise ur doing better then wiz ur lvl its only neutral u should be worried if u wouldnt be better then wiz ur lvl just wait till u get to 80s 90s then see what a wiz can do
    This is really big true. Wizard is end-game class not starting or middle class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

my wiz....is 86 almost 87.
    Pretty sure psychics can't aoe ulti

Pretty sure pshysics only have 2 elemental types of damage (water and earth)

Pretty sure they cant sleep-ulti for a super high ance of killing

Pretty sure they don't have insane mdef due to shields

Pretty sure they don't have undine strike

Pretty sure I like typing pretty sure

if (player.hasABrain=true) {

Mages > all
    }

else {
    youSuck
    }

Psychic has 2 ulti aoes
    Psychic has other controls (stun, etc)
    Psy has.....ooooh look at this 49 skill. Increases target channeling by 53% at level 1.

Yes, i love my wiz and it was a lot of fun but, this is more of my thing.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oooo 53% target channeling?
    sutra nao~ (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Psy has.....ooooh look at this 49 skill. Increases target channeling by 53% at level 1.

rubbish

(yes I thought you first said decreases, which would be godlike)
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my wiz....is 86 almost 87.

Psychic has 2 ulti aoes
    Psychic has other controls (stun, etc)

Yes, i love my wiz and it was a lot of fun but, this is more of my thing.

w/e works for u but dont say psyc is better then wiz im 100% sure i can take down a psyc my lvl (has to wait for a real psyc to lvl tho thos oracles noobies doesnt count) if a wiz can take down a cleric with 1 shot it really wouldn't be a problem to take down a psyc and with our sleep skill which is instant u wont get to stun me before i sleep you as a 8x wiz u should know that
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Anyone ever compared Gush and that Aqua Impact? Or MS and Earth Vector? I wonder how the difference between the added damage in % weapon damage is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I meant decrease by 53% at level 1. The 59 skill increases channeling and matk.

Aqua Impact(lvl 7)
    Channel: 0.5
    Cast: 1.5
    base mag + 85% equip damage + 830.8

Gush(lvl 7)
    Channel: 1
    Cast: 1
    base mag + 85% equip damage + 830.8

Spirit Blast(lvl 7)
    Channel: 0.6
    Cast: 1.4
    base mag + 85% equip damage + 1245.3

Stone Rain(lvl 7)
    Channel: 2.0
    Cast: 1.4
    base mag + 170% equip damage + 1371.1

Considering our spirit blast is a level 1 skill, its not too bad off. I need to find a nuke that is of equal level. Which i probably wont get until 39 or further. Keep looking for updates.

Nevertheless, I think a Psychic + Wizard combo will be really good
  • Zeilos - Lost City
    Zeilos - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    With psychic will, Blade tempest tickle if not be negated , coupled with soul of relatiation it wont do much , and sleep will be reflected . but this look good on paper so we will see in a few weeks or so :P
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    With psychic will, Blade tempest tickle if not be negated , coupled with soul of relatiation it wont do much , and sleep will be reflected . but this look good on paper so we will see in a few weeks or so :P

Psychics will be hard to beat in 1v1 duels. But in real world pvp and TW wizards are hands-down more powerful. There are just too many different ways a wizard can kill you in pvp, and it's impossible to counter them all b:laugh
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I will dominate you water creatures.
  • Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol lets make it easy

tideborn = water class

water weakness is earth

done deal ty gm we can own this class
    Below is my Signature dont steal