Wizards VS Psychics

Comments

• NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am not sure if I can kill an end-game psychic.

+99 defense level means I will be doing 1% damage to them. I can use stuff like frenzy and DoT, but I think venos with their purge will find them much easier than I.
    I agree. There will be same "upgrade" for sure. When lot of end-game people start complain. It happen when tideborn will be at higher levels.

Did you mean "Nerf"? b:laugh we'll get there and be ready for more b:cryb:cry
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I know more than you think i do. My mage is a higher level than you and no, i didnt use oracles on it.

Be that as it may, you still have demonstrated next to no knowledge of pvp mechanics if you think that a 60 psy beating a 67 mage is that impressive.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I know more than you think i do. My mage is a higher level than you and no, i didnt use oracles on it.

Your mage is like 3 levels higher lol. *cough* Miz *cough... exposed :p
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wizard's Dragon Breath cannot be replaced in instances.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I really think psychics will be a challenge. You will NOT fight psychics the way you do any other class. You can't just randomly nuke them down or sleep+BT, unless they don't know what they're doing. I think a mage who knows what a psychic can do will win easily, but if you just think you're gonna own them with some random sutra combo like you do to archers/BM's etc then you're bound to be surprised.

2 words
    "Blade Tempest"
    b:bye all arcane armors and some LA armors
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your mage is like 3 levels higher lol. *cough* Miz *cough... exposed :p

omg stfu kankan D:
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:shutup
    ok first of i dont use white voodoo and i dont level it psychics are damage dealers not tanks on the other hand black voodoo is one of the best psychic skills both psychic and wizard have level 0 defense and 0 attack but heres what happen when i use my level 6 black voodoo attack level becomes 17 and defense level becomes -8 (so you do 8% more damage to me while i do 17% more damage to you )so when i use black voodoo i gain twice the defense i lose just wanted to say that since you talk about black voodoo as a defense killer also most psychics dont use white voodoo and if you found people that use it then they fail as psychics without damage you cant hold aggro like barbs and all the defense will mean nothing since the monster wont attack you.
    also heres my soul force at level 36 (soul force =mana burn ) http://www.flickr.com/photos/45825372@N02/?saved=1
    click on the photo to enlarge it as you can see its 3096 without any refined equipment you learn soul burn at level 49 and you take damage equal to my soul force which will be much higher every time you attack
    also Soul of Vengeance reflect both Physical damage and magical damage the only thing it cant reflect is poison and debuffs its a level 9 skill you can try it for your self if you dont believe me or ask psychics on your server
    also as your ultimate skills uses 2 sparks you should know that getting one spark for soul burn is really easy
    at last black voodoo max level reduce defense level by 11 and increase attack level by 22 top that if you can

uve nver been in real pvp b4...in real pvp everthing doesnt happen like this...mages will drop u in one hit b4 u can turn all this **** on

btw gratz u killed someone
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is ridiculous. I've upgraded FoW and I'm still getting pwned by psychics. Please tell me that I'll become more powerful in endgame otherwise im quitting. God did PWI really make psychics more powerful than wizzys?
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is ridiculous. I've upgraded FoW and I'm still getting pwned by psychics. Please tell me that I'll become more powerful in endgame otherwise im quitting. God did PWI really make psychics more powerful than wizzys?

You r too low lvl ffs, lvl to at least lvl80 nd learn undine strike... If u keep getting owned easily lvl to 90, get the TT90 gear nd put sum nice refinements on it (+5 is good enough) nd learn the sage/demon 89 skills...If u keep getting owned easily lvl to 100, get the TT99 weapon nd gears, try to learn the lvl99 sage/demon skills nd make sure to refine your TT99 weapon to at least +6... If u keep getting owned easily then change classb:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You r too low lvl ffs, lvl to at least lvl80 nd learn undine strike... If u keep getting owned easily lvl to 90, get the TT90 gear nd put sum nice refinements on it (+5 is good enough) nd learn the sage/demon 89 skills...If u keep getting owned easily lvl to 100, get the TT99 weapon nd gears, try to learn the lvl99 sage/demon skills nd make sure to refine your TT99 weapon to at least +6... If u keep getting owned easily then change classb:laugh

lol Pai

Jane, Mages are an endgame class. This means that you take a TON of punishment until 80-90, and then you start gaining on the other classes. By level 95 or something, you're like the geek in high school; you were beat up everyday, but now everyone else is sorry because you can now afford to kill everything.

Just stick with it, things will look up around level 80. By level 90, you'll be great. By level 100 you'll be amazing.
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol Pai

Jane, Mages are an endgame class. This means that you take a TON of punishment until 80-90, and then you start gaining on the other classes. By level 95 or something, you're like the geek in high school; you were beat up everyday, but now everyone else is sorry because you can now afford to kill everything.

Just stick with it, things will look up around level 80. By level 90, you'll be great. By level 100 you'll be amazing.

Okay. Thank you. I will have patience then. :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BEHOLD-THE PSYCHIC'S SKILL SET
    http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

i like wizards better than psychics. b:angry
    -reveals the psychic's secret arsenal-

Black Voodoo Level 10
    Mana 112
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.4 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere
    Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    Increases your Attack Level by 22%
    Reduces your Defense Level by 11%
    Lasts 60 seconds.
    Overwrites White Voodoo.

White Voodoo Level 10
    Mana 112
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.4 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere
    Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    Increase your Defense Level by 66%
    Reduces your Attack Level by 99%
    Lasts 60 seconds.
    Overwrites Black Voodoo

Disturb Soul Level 10
    Range 28.5 Meters
    Mana 220
    Channel 1.6 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence
    Increases the Channel time of target by 80%
    Lasts for 12 seconds.
    Costs 30 Chi

Landslide Level 1
    Range 10 Meters
    Mana 68.4
    Channel 0.8 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of Principle
    Deals a damage equals to you basic magical attack plus
    55% gear attack and another
    727.1 Earth damage
    Interrupt enemy channeling and knockback target for 12.6 Meters.

their elements are water and earth

these are the highlights of their skills in wiz vs. psy. the voodoos are like the bm's marrows, u can have one OR the other. the damage bonus black voodoo DECREASES their defense, so they will take extra damage. they'll pull the white voodoo out of their **** when they see u cast an ulti, so be prepared. disturb soul almost DOUBLES ur channeling x.x. and landslide, same as white voodoo.

this is not a complete list. WIZARDS, go look at the site and see all their skills. learn their skill set; i want you to WIN.

Edit: forgot 1 last thing.
    MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA down with phychics >8D

HELL BARBS AND WIZARDS FTW
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • GladerqPL - Sanctuary
    GladerqPL - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hell no... psychics in last won't stand to pure wizards damage. thats what i thinkb:laugh
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Be that as it may, you still have demonstrated next to no knowledge of pvp mechanics if you think that a 60 psy beating a 67 mage is that impressive.

I was never impressed. Psychic is a horribly gimped class until you can get all your skills maxed at 86. Psychic is very skill dependant instead of gear dependant. You should reread my post.

Just for you
    Psy's arent overpowered, you just dont know how to play your class, sorry to say it. Getting beaten by a lvl 60 psy is like being beaten by a lvl 60 BM with arcane armor on...

A lvl 60 psy is like a lvl 60 BM. A Bm at lvl 60 doesnt have all their good stuns maxed to be able to stun locked and their heavens flame is only level 1. A lvl 60 psy doesnt have that much soulforce for their skills to be deadly. Psy true power is unlocked at level 80. You may have seen it as a compliment but no, it was an insult.
  • CyanideX - Lost City
    CyanideX - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Us Wizzies have to stick together!

So apparently psychics are the only new class we have to worry about. A lot of people are saying that they are gonna be the new highest DD class because of buffs, eeeek! I hope this isn't true, otherwise, what's the point?

Anyways this thread is going to be all about Wizards VS Psychics, so post any valuable information on how we can **** Psychics. This pertains to psychic weaknesses, or new strategies to combat against them, etc.

well what would be the point in making a new char if you old char was stronger than the new ones anyway? there wouldnt be any, psys are cooler anyway dude lol
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was never impressed. Psychic is a horribly gimped class until you can get all your skills maxed at 86. Psychic is very skill dependant instead of gear dependant. You should reread my post.

Just for you

A lvl 60 psy is like a lvl 60 BM. A Bm at lvl 60 doesnt have all their good stuns maxed to be able to stun locked and their heavens flame is only level 1. A lvl 60 psy doesnt have that much soulforce for their skills to be deadly. Psy true power is unlocked at level 80. You may have seen it as a compliment but no, it was an insult.

why do u feel like this is some horrible lie >_>

this better not be true cuz i stoped lving my 6x mage to lv my psy >_<
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    why do u feel like this is some horrible lie >_>

this better not be true cuz i stoped lving my 6x mage to lv my psy >_<

A psy isnt strong until 8x when you can afford to max your skills. At lower levels, leveling skills is a pain in the wazoo and you need an up-to-date weapon to do good damage.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's too early compare these two classes. Every update can change the physic skills. Wait 1/2 year. Maybe in china working on patch already.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    If psychics get gimped, it will be like wizards before genies b:sad
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wizards are fine without genies. Well, were, before broken event gear came into question.

A wizard without undine strike, however...
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009

b:laughb:laugh
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If psychics get gimped, it will be like wizards before genies b:sad
    Wizards are fine without genies. Well, were, before broken event gear came into question.

The truth is that wizards before genies came out had to do massive refinement to b decent at pre9x or even at 9x, with genie skills like frenzy, X poison,holy path, etc it got far easier to survive nd kill as a wizard xD
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

we dont even have an undine strikeb:surrender or any skill similar to it
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Black voodoo serves a similar role, for you.

black voodoo sucks until you get to 80/90 because you are not going to highly refine your weapon for damage increase.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    black voodoo sucks until you get to 80/90 because you are not going to highly refine your weapon for damage increase.

Mage all sucks until you get 95+. So what you want more? You are too OP and I don't wish anything more than your skill will be nerfed. And it will happen. Sooner or later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Let me start by saying, I have tried all ranged DD classes. Archer, Mage and finally Psy.

Pros of Psy:
    Spammable Skills (basic skills)
    Squad buffs.

Cons of Psy:
    AOE Heal with long Cool Down
    Raw Damage output severely gimped on 2 basic skills (capped at 100% from gear)

A mage has the elemental advantage of 3 versus 2 from Psy and in terms of damage output, a psy can never match a mage unless a Psy is severely twinked out.

With similar Matk modifier (psy's slightly higher, pure mag build), the psy did not managed to out damage a LA build Mage.

Sad to say, Psy will not outdamage any mages unless they have +12 gear on everything.
  • silenttt
    silenttt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sad to say, Psy will not outdamage any mages unless they have +12 gear on everything.

QFT. Mages have nothing to worry about in terms of "being replaced." I was seriously disappointed with Psychics since I thought they'd be the standard "moderate damage + heavy duffer" class that ends up being overpowered in most MMOs, but PW still doesn't have a class like that. Psychics are useful, no doubt, but they're not at specialized as mages. This translates to mages definitely not being replaced, and arguably not even being "worse" than psychics in any way that really matters to a standard mage. Jack of all trades classes tend to suck in metagame PvP.

Granted, it's still just theory at this point, but early results haven't shown me otherwise. Not to mention the clueless Oracle'd psychics are incredibly fun to PK over and over >.>
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    silenttt wrote: »
    QFT. Mages have nothing to worry about in terms of "being replaced." I was seriously disappointed with Psychics since I thought they'd be the standard "moderate damage + heavy duffer" class that ends up being overpowered in most MMOs, but PW still doesn't have a class like that. Psychics are useful, no doubt, but they're not at specialized as mages. This translates to mages definitely not being replaced, and arguably not even being "worse" than psychics in any way that really matters to a standard mage. Jack of all trades classes tend to suck in metagame PvP.

Granted, it's still just theory at this point, but early results haven't shown me otherwise. Not to mention the clueless Oracle'd psychics are incredibly fun to PK over and over >.>

Psy is getting better, im starting to get close in damage to my lvl 86 LA wiz. Cant wait for 56 mold or hh60. Got some spirit from the elder tideborn quest and was able to up a few skills.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    silenttt wrote: »

it does....we're called bm's

people tend to forget about us till we're nuking their faces sadlyb:sad

and the tide of vit axe builds realy kind of cuts into our rep as a class (bm = 3+ weapon bm blade...master....multi...weapon...duh)

but ya fixed for youb:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psy is getting better, im starting to get close in damage to my lvl 86 LA wiz. Cant wait for 56 mold or hh60. Got some spirit from the elder tideborn quest and was able to up a few skills.

LA Mage.... Imagine how much more you are doing if you re-stat to Pure mag with your Mage.

Can I say..Pure RAW carnage? b:victory

Sad to say, Pure Mag Tideborn failed to surpassed my LA Mage and it will be frozen till it has something else to offer.

Can we see the PWI calculator for your LA Mage because at last check, they are not surpassing any mages, be it LA or Pure Mag?

I cannot imagine a tideborn at lvl 60 being able to surpass a LA Mage (at lvl 86), unless the LA is severely gimped with points added to VIT.

My LA Mage at lvl 48 did 8219 crit and I forsee it doing 10k crits on the norm after using Ancient arbor, which translates to 5k of normal damage, give or take.
This discussion has been closed.