Wizards VS Psychics

JaneGray - Lost City
JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Wizard
Us Wizzies have to stick together!

So apparently psychics are the only new class we have to worry about. A lot of people are saying that they are gonna be the new highest DD class because of buffs, eeeek! I hope this isn't true, otherwise, what's the point?

Anyways this thread is going to be all about Wizards VS Psychics, so post any valuable information on how we can **** Psychics. This pertains to psychic weaknesses, or new strategies to combat against them, etc.
[SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
Post edited by JaneGray - Lost City on

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Blade Tempest.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree we have to avoind getting wiped out.

I got an idea btw when u get to lvl 89+ get chi to max use essential sutra, force of will, and dragon strike/blade tempest/mountain sieze to finish the target.

I guess that with this combo u cant loose becuase if u start with essential sutra u will channel instantly, then silence for some seconds and finaly wipe out the enemy using one of the 3 wiz ultra hig power spells (and u will cast them fast because of sutra.b:victory
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i dont know about them having more dmg then us mighjt be true might not but im sure of that its gonna be easy to beat them on pvp if u dont let them use a single skill sleep > cast a skill > force of will > cast MS (they sould be dead by now since their attk lvl buff lows their deff lvl buff which also means resis ) and if not dead u got 6 seconds to finish them off. or better yet use BT after force of will im posstive they wont live after that.

btw i saw somewhere that their dmg reflect skill thingi w/e is only pve not pvp
  • Raminas - Raging Tide
    Raminas - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree we have to avoind getting wiped out.

I got an idea btw when u get to lvl 89+ get chi to max use essential sutra, force of will, and dragon strike/blade tempest/mountain sieze to finish the target.

I guess that with this combo u cant loose becuase if u start with essential sutra u will channel instantly, then silence for some seconds and finaly wipe out the enemy using one of the 3 wiz ultra hig power spells (and u will cast them fast because of sutra.b:victory

Yeah but with soul of Regression we will just end up absorbing it. and return it back at you as Physical damage. That's if the Physic goes first as they have faster casting time than wizzies they can silence you with Soul of Regression as well as absorb some damage and turn it back on you as physical damage (as stated before). BUT once a wizard uses Sutra then the Psychic has to hurry and use a debuff spell fast then. and again Psychic have a bit lower resistance to wood damage. Meaning that Veno's wood magic could probably kill us faster than wiz magic (as seeing they both share two of the same elements: water and earth) and another note Psychics and wizards are probably the top two classes on range when it comes to skillls
    edited December 2009
    Yeah but with soul of Regression we will just end up absorbing it. and return it back at you as Physical damage. That's if the Physic goes first as they have faster casting time than wizzies they can silence you with Soul of Regression as well as absorb some damage and turn it back on you as physical damage (as stated before). BUT once a wizard uses Sutra then the Psychic has to hurry and use a debuff spell fast then. and again Psychic have a bit lower resistance to wood damage. Meaning that Veno's wood magic could probably kill us faster than wiz magic (as seeing they both share two of the same elements: water and earth) and another note Psychics and wizards are probably the top two classes on range when it comes to skillls

undine > ur resis wont be much of protection when its reduced by 60%

also our sleep skill is instant. as soon as 3 . 2 . 1 is over ur a sleep u wont get a chance to cast the debuff and im sure we can 1 shoot u like we can 1 shoot clerics. only problem is i dont think psyc can heal as well as cleric does
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ya...doesn't their attack buff decrease their defense or something?
    b:chuckle
    undine sutra combo (just incase their buff activates...don't wana 1 hit yourself right?)
    b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raminas - Raging Tide
    Raminas - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    undine > ur resis wont be much of protection when its reduced by 60%

also our sleep skill is instant. as soon as 3 . 2 . 1 is over ur a sleep u wont get a chance to cast the debuff and im sure we can 1 shoot u like we can 1 shoot clerics. only problem is i dont think psyc can heal as well as cleric does

Healing Bubble is just as equal to the Wizzies heal

Now Now don't get me wrong now I LOVE Wizards they make the ga,e more enjoyable when they are around. They also have excelent skills and should never be considered underpowered
    edited December 2009
    Healing Bubble is just as equal to the Wizzies heal

Now Now don't get me wrong now I LOVE Wizards they make the ga,e more enjoyable when they are around. They also have excelent skills and should never be considered underpowered

i think psyc will be way better healer then wiz they got a skill that similer to IH but when its comes to dmg wiz will stay on top chack out the post named ''Daaaaaamnnnnnn'' or osmething like that. thats what wiz is capable of
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    UGH I'm worried. I have all these lowbie psychs in my guild now saying they have level 70 wizzies and that their psych does insane damage. Omg.
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
    edited December 2009
    theres your problem...they're only level 70.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah but with soul of Regression we will just end up absorbing it. and return it back at you as Physical damage.

Fail Tide Born... HT already has lv 50s.

Also lol. Mages aren't PvE mobs b:angry damage reflect... lol die.

off topic: *jealous* psychics start with two skills that cast stupid fast & hit harder than lv 1 pyro b:sad
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dont worry lots of ppl seem to think thay do great damage form 1-10 then at 20-30 magic players suck 40-50 they dont suck but they suffer a lot 60 they are decent classes but nothing special 70+ they start to see how hard thy hit 80+ wiz pwn 90+ wiz is OP 100+ just figure it out.
    edited December 2009
    i think psyc will be way better healer then wiz they got a skill that similer to IH but when its comes to dmg wiz will stay on top chack out the post named ''Daaaaaamnnnnnn'' or osmething like that. thats what wiz is capable of

what if you just stuff in 5 psychics in a group and have the wizard self suicide? b:shocked
    UGH I'm worried. I have all these lowbie psychs in my guild now saying they have level 70 wizzies and that their psych does insane damage. Omg.

ugh...only level 70....no wonder they think they're weak....
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009

That's part of the problem right there. Wizards get better and better as they level, but they don't TRULY shine until 90+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
    edited December 2009

jane chill their prolly a fail wiz that couldnt make it so they re roll a psyc and loved the fact they can spam 2 low cd skills over and over but once they gonna get high and the mobs hp will raise they will notice they dont do as much dmg as a wiz do

and im saying it one more time psyc isnt a huge dd like wiz he is a semi healer buffer dd-er lol
  • Chershir - Harshlands
    Chershir - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lvl 50? awreddy?? >.<

back to op...
    LA might have to work harder to get squad spots, but i don't think it will be weird to see wiz & psy groups tearing around (if psy is support class, is it wrong to think wizs can also benefit from the support?)
    also, if there are some almost-high level wizzes trading in for TB, they'll need to make some coin, and a good way to do that is by selling off their gear at a reduced price - something i don't mind at all
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    jane chill their prolly a fail wiz that couldnt make it so they re roll a psyc and loved the fact they can spam 2 low cd skills over and over but once they gonna get high and the mobs hp will raise they will notice they dont do as much dmg as a wiz do

and im saying it one more time psyc isnt a huge dd like wiz he is a semi healer buffer dd-er lol

fewf okay thank you :D
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
    edited December 2009
    Personally, I imagine I would give a psychic a hard time unless they had 10-20 levels on me (and, maybe even then), or if I am also significantly outnumbered.

Specifically, I think I can deal with their damage reflection, and with their abilities to change their attack and defense levels, I think I can survive being sealed.

But I expect I will be surprised a few dozen times before I really learn how to deal with them.

ye ppl forget that maybe they can reflect dmg but its not like u hit them and boom ur dead they gonna reflect just lil dmg not faw Ks back at you and with their deff lvl reduced its gonna be easy to kill em undine > seal > 3 shots dead and the only hp u gonna lose is the lil dmg that reflected back at ya :P (i could be wrong but atm thats how i see it)
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm, I think that Psychics are a Less-Squishy, less powerful wizard.

Anyway, I'm sticking with Wizard, I will never change my class. Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm, I think that Psychics are a Less-Squishy, less powerful wizard.

Anyway, I'm sticking with Wizard, I will never change my class. Ever.
    ye they are less squishy with buff that give them 37 deff lvl they will be nice tanks. tho with that buff they lose 59 attk lvl so their dmg will be b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eh high lvl mages will still be op and at low lvl ever mag class out damages us anyway
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For a long time we will have experience (in-game skills) and gear advantage. Plenty of time to work out nice tactics b:victory
    Packs World International
  • Draeyos - Lost City
    Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    honestly i think u guys need to worry about the assasins more pvp wise
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psy either has:

Increased attack lvl, meaning they have negative def lvl, meaning you can kill them even faster.
    Increased defence lvl, meaning they have negative attack lvl, meaning they will never be able to kill you

Also, they attack with earth and water element. In PVP, a wiz with earth shield already minimalises the dmg dealt from the earth part of a psy
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited December 2009
    Psy either has:

Increased attack lvl, meaning they have negative def lvl, meaning you can kill them even faster.
    Increased defence lvl, meaning they have negative attack lvl, meaning they will never be able to kill you

Also, they attack with earth and water element. In PVP, a wiz with earth shield already minimalises the dmg dealt from the earth part of a psy

and will also reduce the reflected damage.
    we will still deal more damage then they can to us.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZSage - Heavens Tear
    ZSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This new psy skill called disturbed soul kinda made going demon for a mage pointless right?, i mean even the control spells are better for the psy.. b:shocked
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This new psy skill called disturbed soul kinda made going demon for a mage pointless right?, i mean even the control spells are better for the psy.. b:shocked

Glad I went Sage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Impossible to tell for now

Opinions irrelevant till at least 9x tideborn pvpers speaking from first hand experience
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic is basically the magic version of BMs.

It can DD, Buff, and Debuff, but none of it as well as other classes.

I plan on raising mine to at least 60 though. I hit 23 today before I quit, so it won't be too terribly far off.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To be honest about the dmg at lower levels, its great yea, but once i hit 20 it wasnt as great as wizard.

The buffs don't make you so terribly OP for psychic either, everyone makes it seem as though the atk/def buffs for psychic are the make or break in pvp for them, when in fact it isn't a large % that they get.

I still think end game wizard > end game psychic, but I can always be proven wrong (which I doubt) b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.