Wizards VS Psychics

Options

Comments

• Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Let me start by saying, I have tried all ranged DD classes. Archer, Mage and finally Psy.

Pros of Psy:
    Spammable Skills (basic skills)
    Squad buffs.

Cons of Psy:
    AOE Heal with long Cool Down
    Raw Damage output severely gimped on 2 basic skills (capped at 100% from gear)

A mage has the elemental advantage of 3 versus 2 from Psy and in terms of damage output, a psy can never match a mage unless a Psy is severely twinked out.

With similar Matk modifier (psy's slightly higher, pure mag build), the psy did not managed to out damage a LA build Mage.

Sad to say, Psy will not outdamage any mages unless they have +12 gear on everything.

ok i wasnt going to post here anymore since saying how bad psychics are in wizards forum that rarely any good psychic read is unfair but i couldnt help it when i read that .
    giodia being a bad psychic which you are plz dont say that all psychic are weak or weaker than wizards the fact that you cant play well without other players guides is your problem not ours .
    wizards have fire element which give them an advantage against metal mobs but we have black voodoo which is basically when maxed 22% more damage to any mob or player no matter how much is your damage also psychic will gives immunity to physical damage for 8 seconds when maxed and needs only 1 spark so archers assassins blademasters wont be able to reduce your hp with even 1 point for 8 seconds unless with archers magical attack which wont affect you hp as much as his physical attacks (and it can be a life saver against a physical attack boss if the barb losses aggro )
    all i can say is im happy with my psychic getting to 50 was a breath i have level 30 gold soul sphere and i 3/4 hit any mob like i said its level 30 gold weapon so way below a good weapon also none knows what sage/demon skills for psychic are so plz if you suck at using your psychic dont blame the class and quietly roll in something you know how to play
    ps:the psychic has alot of good skills as good as the ones mentioned above which i posted before but psychic will is a really good skill in pvp against melee classes
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    LA Mage.... Imagine how much more you are doing if you re-stat to Pure mag with your Mage.

Can I say..Pure RAW carnage? b:victory

Sad to say, Pure Mag Tideborn failed to surpassed my LA Mage and it will be frozen till it has something else to offer.

Can we see the PWI calculator for your LA Mage because at last check, they are not surpassing any mages, be it LA or Pure Mag?

I cannot imagine a tideborn at lvl 60 being able to surpass a LA Mage (at lvl 86), unless the LA is severely gimped with points added to VIT.

My LA Mage at lvl 48 did 8219 crit and I forsee it doing 10k crits on the norm after using Ancient arbor, which translates to 5k of normal damage, give or take.

I use LA because i like to pvp and i am not spending money on tt80 gold +3 with flawless garnets. LA gets the job done for now, so i am content. I followed the LA build until 80, after 80 i added 5 mag each level since im restating at 90. My pyrogram and gush do about 5k damage on a mob my level, my psy is in the upper 3ks right now but it is pure mag. Dont forget, as you level a LA mage, your damage starts to get lower. You cant compare them that early
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And, undine sucks until you get your wizard to be 79+, for obvious reasons.

But black voodoo stacks with undine, so you should be happy.

hmmm, i should get my faction to give me an undine slave for TW....
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok i wasnt going to post here anymore since saying how bad psychics are in wizards forum that rarely any good psychic read is unfair but i couldnt help it when i read that .
    giodia being a bad psychic which you are plz dont say that all psychic are weak or weaker than wizards the fact that you cant play well without other players guides is your problem not ours .
    wizards have fire element which give them an advantage against metal mobs but we have black voodoo which is basically when maxed 22% more damage to any mob or player no matter how much is your damage also psychic will gives immunity to physical damage for 8 seconds when maxed and needs only 1 spark so archers assassins blademasters wont be able to reduce your hp with even 1 point for 8 seconds unless with archers magical attack which wont affect you hp as much as his physical attacks (and it can be a life saver against a physical attack boss if the barb losses aggro )
    all i can say is im happy with my psychic getting to 50 was a breath i have level 30 gold soul sphere and i 3/4 hit any mob like i said its level 30 gold weapon so way below a good weapon also none knows what sage/demon skills for psychic are so plz if you suck at using your psychic dont blame the class and quietly roll in something you know how to play
    ps:the psychic has alot of good skills as good as the ones mentioned above which i posted before but psychic will is a really good skill in pvp against melee classes

I'm not a bad Psychic player as you have claimed. I knew the usage of Black Voodoo, but do I need to buff myself with that skill for every 60 secs?

To be fair, Mages before Undine strike, Do they have anything else that buffs their damage except skills and masteries?

The answer is a clear No.

Without Black Voodoo, your damage is lack lustre and even with black voodoo, you will still take 3 shots to kill a mob At Least.

Remember Felborne Shanks in your early forties? Try 2 shotting those mobs.

In order to give a fair comparison to Mages and Psys, we have to ignore the external factors that gives certain edge to the specific class.

I was grinding with a Lvl 22 gold weapon with my psy and I significantly did as well as you did with that lvl 30 orb. That weapon was used till level 45.

The problem with you is that you do not wish to admit your damage is lacking and Mages are still the the glass cannon.

Therefore, get your facts right, before shooting anyone down.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I use LA because i like to pvp and i am not spending money on tt80 gold +3 with flawless garnets. LA gets the job done for now, so i am content. I followed the LA build until 80, after 80 i added 5 mag each level since im restating at 90. My pyrogram and gush do about 5k damage on a mob my level, my psy is in the upper 3ks right now but it is pure mag. Dont forget, as you level a LA mage, your damage starts to get lower. You cant compare them that early

Lvl by Lvl, blow by blow is my comparison criteria.

I just hit 50 with my mage. I am not sure what has happened, but my matk was raised up to 2k - 2.6k from 1660 - 2101.

That's a 400 increase in Matk.

As I have said, the comparison was done based on Psy's higher matk vs an LA Mage of lower Matk.

So, a Psy should do slightly higher damage, but, their skills are capped, resulting a lower damage output.

Seriously, no point in flogging the dead horse.

Psy damage output will not overtake a mage, neither will it's aoe heal be better than cleric in PVE wise.

PVP wise... I have to admit I'm never interested in it. Hence I'm on a PVE server.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lvl by Lvl, blow by blow is my comparison criteria.

I just hit 50 with my mage. I am not sure what has happened, but my matk was raised up to 2k - 2.6k from 1660 - 2101.

That's a 400 increase in Matk.

As I have said, the comparison was done based on Psy's higher matk vs an LA Mage of lower Matk.

So, a Psy should do slightly higher damage, but, their skills are capped, resulting a lower damage output.

Seriously, no point in flogging the dead horse.

Psy damage output will not overtake a mage, neither will it's aoe heal be better than cleric in PVE wise.

PVP wise... I have to admit I'm never interested in it. Hence I'm on a PVE server.

general summers magic sword? Still, you cant compare them that early. Im sure by the time your psy reaches 80 and LA mage reaches 80, your psy will outdamage the LA mage.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    general summers magic sword? Still, you cant compare them that early. Im sure by the time your psy reaches 80 and LA mage reaches 80, your psy will outdamage the LA mage.

Wrong. My mage will go full mage from lvl 54 onwards till lvl 90 at least.

Mobs will be ranged and magical. No more point in using LA from thereafter.

In my opinion, psys are limited by availability of weapon to boost their damage. With equivalent gears and smart thinking, Psys will never be able to reach the Raw Damage Output ( RDO ) of mages, unless with Black voodoo. Even then, their damage may not match up.

From same distance, your nukes are gonna be weaker, even boosted with black voodoo. Fast channeling? Negated by sutra.

Unless you are gonna go upfront and personal with the mob (which I clearly will not do so with robes), you might have the advantage.

But then again, how about I bring out my arsenal of nukes like Bids, blade tempest or even mountain seize with undine strike?

You may have soulburn, tide spirit and black voodoo, but do remember, your range attacks are capped at 100% weapon damage from range skills which will bring about the question, how much damage will be boosted?

Remember, if your damage matches the mage, there will be calls for nerf.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dueled a 79 psyc his dmg wasnt as good as wiz dmg his reflect skill was really pathetic the dmg i got hit back was so low its not noticeable the only thing i liked about the psyc was the stun relfect thats actuly nice but then again the stun duration is so low its like a minor set back really not enough to stop a wiz from killing a psyc so for this whole post wiz vs psyc = wiz > psyc

oh and his gear was pretty decent he had a +5 orb
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    gratz hitting a 7x with a 8x .. wtf?
  • TMT - Lost City
    TMT - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Remember, if your damage matches the mage, there will be calls for nerf.
    Hope you're right about this. In all probability you are since Wizards would be virtually worthless.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    gratz hitting a 7x with a 8x .. wtf?

first off 79 is as good as 80s

second it wasn't even a match he was hiting me for 300s 500s i could out heal him lol and 2 shoted him so if any1 doubted wiz vs psyc. wiz>psyc
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are Psychics really rising up their noses now saying they hit more than mages???

I dont know why tis turned into an argument even its like saying a a Totyota Camry is faster than a Lamporghini Murselago(not sure about spelling)

And why do you even compare Psychics damage to Mage damage espicially at the low levels like 50s and 60s you go and compare at the levels where mages are weakest and according to some people even then mages hit harder.....on LA.....

Mages were created in this world by GOD to hit high...very very high.
    This reminds me when clerics used to come here and say they hit higher you dont see those now nowadays do you???lool
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are Psychics really rising up their noses now saying they hit more than mages???

I dont know why tis turned into an argument even its like saying a a Totyota Camry is faster than a Lamporghini Murselago(not sure about spelling)

And why do you even compare Psychics damage to Mage damage espicially at the low levels like 50s and 60s you go and compare at the levels where mages are weakest and according to some people even then mages hit harder.....on LA.....

Mages were created in this world by GOD to hit high...very very high.
    This reminds me when clerics used to come here and say they hit higher you dont see those now nowadays do you???lool

Yesterday I was with 1 cleric in lunar. And he was DDing instead of healing. When we ask him, what is he doing, he told me, that I'm idiot, because he is higher damage otputer than me, pure mage. He was also few levels below. So I didn't want to argue, because we just started an I tell him, he is right.b:laughb:laugh OMG Some players are soooooooooooo stupid. They don't know what is their role in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    first off 79 is as good as 80s

second it wasn't even a match he was hiting me for 300s 500s i could out heal him lol and 2 shoted him so if any1 doubted wiz vs psyc. wiz>psyc

sure and 7x orb is better than 8x orb same as tt 70 is better than tt 80 /sarcasm
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yesterday I was with 1 cleric in lunar. And he was DDing instead of healing. When we ask him, what is he doing, he told me, that I'm idiot, because he is higher damage otputer than me, pure mage. He was also few levels below. So I didn't want to argue, because we just started an I tell him, he is right.b:laughb:laugh OMG Some players are soooooooooooo stupid. They don't know what is their role in game.

Didnt know Fail **** Clerics (FACs) still exist you should keep him in a jar :D
    Is Back once more.

edited December 2009
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    sure and 7x orb is better than 8x orb same as tt 70 is better than tt 80 /sarcasm

ur really a noob for missing the point u know? ^^

79 psyc using a orb +5 hiting me for 300s 500s is never gonna win me even if he had a 8x orb the dmg would only incrssed to be like 400-600 + he cant even hit me once if i seal him and 2 hits of mine and his dead. and while usin sutra i can cast 4 skills before seal brake off so yes wiz > psyc. also dmg wise and pvp wise

im not trashing psyc im just showing how wiz is better to all thos that say wiz is now replaced by psycs
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wiz isnt gonna replace psy, and dueling people who oracled their way up, doesnt help much. Considering that you 2 shot him, im guessing he had black voodoo on, which is just, stupid against a class that hits very hard...
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wiz isnt gonna replace psy, and dueling people who oracled their way up, doesnt help much. Considering that you 2 shot him, im guessing he had black voodoo on, which is just, stupid against a class that hits very hard...
    he was skilled for his lvl i know the guy he also got a big lvl main and if he had white vodo he would hit so much less it wouldnt kill me even if i gave him 20 sec head start psycs got water earth dmg wiz got alot of resis and also while using our buffs either earth one or water one the resis is doubled so ya no point in using white vodo vs wiz u'll hit for 100s
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Psychics will have a really really hard time killing an AFK wiz with a charm since only thing that really hit us is physical attacks and as far as I know the only physical attack they have is the one they mirror it back at the attacker..

I dont know i havent been free enough to log into PW since Expansion started as far as i went with new classes was reserve some names for myself till I am free >.>
    Is Back once more.

• Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    he was skilled for his lvl i know the guy he also got a big lvl main and if he had white vodo he would hit so much less it wouldnt kill me even if i gave him 20 sec head start psycs got water earth dmg wiz got alot of resis and also while using our buffs either earth one or water one the resis is doubled so ya no point in using white vodo vs wiz u'll hit for 100s

something...is...not...right. I'm not saying i dont trust you, but there are soooo many things that are to consider. What weapon was he using? A +5 tt60 orb is....not gonna do much. What kind of armor did he have? What kind of armor do you have. What voodoo did he use? I highly doubt he hit you for 500. My wiz is LA(lvl 86) and i hit 9x arcanes for 900-1.2k with gush and pyrogram. Spirit blast and Aqua impact are pretty much like gush and pyrogram so if he was pure mag he wouldve been doing more than 500 damage......unless he was vit...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    something...is...not...right. I'm not saying i dont trust you, but there are soooo many things that are to consider. What weapon was he using? A +5 tt60 orb is....not gonna do much. What kind of armor did he have? What kind of armor do you have. What voodoo did he use? I highly doubt he hit you for 500. My wiz is LA(lvl 86) and i hit 9x arcanes for 900-1.2k with gush and pyrogram. Spirit blast and Aqua impact are pretty much like gush and pyrogram so if he was pure mag he wouldve been doing more than 500 damage......unless he was vit...

for the 500'th time

wizzies hit hard

psys are a completly different class

LA wizzie still has far higher damage adds both base and weapon wise this means mages hit hareder than psys ever will
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RuleItAll - Heavens Tear
    RuleItAll - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    just checking it out~b:bye
  • demoneyekyo
    demoneyekyo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ye ppl forget that maybe they can reflect dmg but its not like u hit them and boom ur dead they gonna reflect just lil dmg not faw Ks back at you and with their deff lvl reduced its gonna be easy to kill em undine > seal > 3 shots dead and the only hp u gonna lose is the lil dmg that reflected back at ya :P (i could be wrong but atm thats how i see it)

Yes you are wrong! I am lvl 44 Psy and i duel lvl 56 mage and killed him easy! You ppl talk to much and u havent seen psy lvl90+ so u can't comment about psy dmg + our lvl 79 and 100 skills are not out yet so I THINK that its to early to say anything about psy's dmg! All i know that at this lvl i kill fast! And i am sure at lvl 90+ i will hit as hard as i do now!
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    psyhic weapon got only ~100 mattack difference compared with magic sword (rank 15 weapons)

http://gamesomatic.ga.funpic.de/g15/all/cvmagic.JPG
    http://gamesomatic.ga.funpic.de/g15/all/cvtideborn.JPG

rest is here http://gamesomatic.ga.funpic.de/g15/all/
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yes you are wrong! I am lvl 44 Psy and i duel lvl 56 mage and killed him easy! You ppl talk to much and u havent seen psy lvl90+ so u can't comment about psy dmg + our lvl 79 and 100 skills are not out yet so I THINK that its to early to say anything about psy's dmg! All i know that at this lvl i kill fast! And i am sure at lvl 90+ i will hit as hard as i do now!

wiz arnt that great at 56 so its not a big deal u beated a 56 wiz

i doubt the 79 skills will improve by much ur dmg

and once again im not trashing psycs just saying wiz dmg is better and noway in hell psyc will replace wiz u hear that? b:thanks
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    for the 500'th time

wizzies hit hard

psys are a completly different class

LA wizzie still has far higher damage adds both base and weapon wise this means mages hit hareder than psys ever will

my psy lvl 58, +3 bluemoon souldrill
    My wiz lvl 86, +3 wheel of life (LA)

my psy, aqua impact and spirit blast do 4k damage
    my wiz, pyrogram and gush does 5k damage

Now psy isnt gonna have the DPH of a wiz, but it will have more DPS and pretty good damage. In the time it takes a wiz to cast a nuke, im already working on my fourth skill.

And i still doubt the psy hit you for 500s with black voodoo on..
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    my psy lvl 58, +3 bluemoon souldrill
    My wiz lvl 86, +3 wheel of life (LA)

my psy, aqua impact and spirit blast do 4k damage
    my wiz, pyrogram and gush does 5k damage

Now psy isnt gonna have the DPH of a wiz, but it will have more DPS and pretty good damage. In the time it takes a wiz to cast a nuke, im already working on my fourth skill.

And i still doubt the psy hit you for 500s with black voodoo on..

low damage adds are low

are you factoring in undine strike vs black voodoo here?

this is a pvp thread not pve and dph > dps in pvp

meaning that unless psy can reach fist bm/archer levels of DPS at 90+ your going to have a hard time killing in pvp
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    MindNurf - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ur really a noob for missing the point u know? ^^

79 psyc using a orb +5 hiting me for 300s 500s is never gonna win me even if he had a 8x orb the dmg would only incrssed to be like 400-600 + he cant even hit me once if i seal him and 2 hits of mine and his dead. and while usin sutra i can cast 4 skills before seal brake off so yes wiz > psyc. also dmg wise and pvp wise

im not trashing psyc im just showing how wiz is better to all thos that say wiz is now replaced by psycs

if thats all he was hitting you for then he probably is doing something wrong. I hit 95+ mages for 1.5k-2k
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, uh huh.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if thats all he was hitting you for then he probably is doing something wrong. I hit 95+ mages for 1.5k-2k

Screen please. I doubt u could three shot a mage 20 lvl higher than you with your fast channeling spells. Especially since they usually have stone barrier on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.