Wizards VS Psychics

1111213141517»

Comments

• Sulty - Heavens Tear
    Sulty - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Its true Psychics do more damage then Wizards, I play both Psychic & Wizard. Still Wizards have more interesting skills, Psychics have just basic skills like 2 damage skills (1slow), 1 knockback, 3 AoE's, 1 heal, 2 self-buffs..
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Psychics do NOT do more dmg per hit than a wizard. IJS
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Psychics do NOT do more dmg per hit than a wizard. IJS
    Depends on the spell used. With similar spells (i.e not faster versus slower), psychics will do more per hit if they have black voodoo on.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yes. lets start a peeing contest between two classes that arent meant to fight eachother lmao.

all magic classes are meant to fight heavy armor wearers and probably light armor wearers, not eachother.

and if you're worried about a psy being a better DD than a wiz, then you're both going to end up with agro off the barb and both dead lmao.

shoulda started the peeing contest between assn and wiz lol then it wouldnt be two classes not at all meant to fight eachother, and it might actually mean something
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    UGH I'm worried. I have all these lowbie psychs in my guild now saying they have level 70 wizzies and that their psych does insane damage. Omg.

and i'll bet you're wearing mag res ornaments as you type this b:laugh

pdef>channeling always.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:cutei one shot psys.

Lemme give you one simple answer to how to beat a psychic

play one

learn all of their skills and the icons for them

trust me this makes fighting psychics 110% easier. The only way i lose to a psy is if they get the first stun off. If we both start at the same time FoW channels waaaaay faster than any of their control skills and from there....b:cutei'll let y'all get creative.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Just a quick note.

Don't know if it's been said before (I don't care to read through 50 pages of "OMG Wizzy iz so pro! No, Psychic is pro-er! Herpaderpaderp") but Undine gets reflected from Soul of Retaliation. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Just a quick note.

Don't know if it's been said before (I don't care to read through 50 pages of "OMG Wizzy iz so pro! No, Psychic is pro-er! Herpaderpaderp") but Undine gets reflected from Soul of Retaliation. ijs.

b:byelol
    i purposely use undine on a psychic to get read of SoR
    so BT does full damage
    lmfao
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Psy's are tricky. Dueling some psy's in my faction @ my level with white voodoo on, my BT only takes them down about 50% sometimes less. And I have a +10 wand.
    Their soul of stunning and retaliation are pretty crazy.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    b:byelol
    i purposely use undine on a psychic to get read of SoR
    so BT does full damage
    lmfao

So...you purposely debuff yourself? That's a brilliant idea! Why didn't I think of that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    cause yer a barb and therefore not smart
    b:bye
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    trust me this makes fighting psychics 110% easier. The only way i lose to a psy is if they get the first stun off. If we both start at the same time FoW channels waaaaay faster than any of their control skills and from there....b:cutei'll let y'all get creative.
    Creative, you mean, they just holy path away right? b:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    So...you purposely debuff yourself? That's a brilliant idea! Why didn't I think of that?
    cause the last thing you are thinking of is debuffing yourself, You need to control your opponent.....we can duel sometime and I will show you.
    Creative, you mean, they just holy path away right? b:bye

no by creative I mean drop themb:bye

if they use white voodoo you will have to do a longer route but nevertheless, same effect.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Yes I know what you meant. I'm just saying, you can't really drop what's out of range. (same goes for them btw, except that they have a stun and that soulburn thing that hurts when using genie skills too).

Good psychics are unbelievably hard to take down. :(
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Yes I know what you meant. I'm just saying, you can't really drop what's out of range. (same goes for them btw, except that they have a stun and that soulburn thing that hurts when using genie skills too).

Good psychics are unbelievably hard to take down. :(

2 of our control skills out speeds theirs, you just gotta time everything right. When you get really good at it, Im still waiting for a psychic to beat me. Even when they get the jump on me with proper timing I can turn what seems their advantage into them pressing go to town.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    cause the last thing you are thinking of is debuffing yourself, You need to control your opponent.....we can duel sometime and I will show you.

Yeah, because a level 100 wiz dueling a level 82 psy would be a really good representation of the two classes and a completely fair fight.

All I'm saying is why break SoR with Undine, which results in you getting the debuff, when you have poking skills that are almost as fast, do more damage, and get the same job done without **** your magic defenses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, because a level 100 wiz dueling a level 82 psy would be a really good representation of the two classes and a completely fair fight.

All I'm saying is why break SoR with Undine, which results in you getting the debuff, when you have poking skills that are almost as fast, do more damage, and get the same job done without **** your magic defenses?

Undine gets reflected?
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Undine gets reflected?
    D:

Pretty sure.

It does minor earth damage, and SoR reflects any debuff that's tied to a damaging attack.

Sorry, Hammy. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

a good wizard will rarely get hit when facing a psy.

Control your opponent, I'm sick and tired of posting the formula, its even in the psychic forum but no one listens to miz.

82 vs 100 isnt fair, but it still shows you why i do it

with SoR = no psy one shot

so why not lose mdef to finish the psy off in the next 1-2 hits?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    You still don't get what I meant.

There are different types of control. And, unlike them (I bolded "stun" for a reason), we can only seal faster.

Seal is not as effective simply because they can run away. My example with holy path was because most of them do that when they get sealed (especially by a wiz).

On the other hand, a stun can only be counteracted by that remove-stun genie skill (Badge of Bravery or w/e).

Different types of control skills are very important, make the distinction.

well we have sleep too but: 1) range is small, 2) 2 minute cooldown b:surrender

EDIT: On the other hand, sealing is awesome against a melee class with some anti-stun OP skill cause nothing else works with that on.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There are different types of control. And, unlike them (I bolded "stun" for a reason), we can only seal faster.

But our sleep is instant? How fast is their sleep?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Well ours has ~2min cooldown and 20 meters range compared to 30m for most lvl11 skills.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    You still don't get what I meant.

Seal is not as effective simply because they can run away. My example with holy path was because most of them do that when they get sealed (especially by a wiz).

On the other hand, a stun can only be counteracted by that remove-stun genie skill (Badge of Bravery or w/e).

Different types of control skills are very important, make the distinction.

well we have sleep too but: 1) range is small, 2) 2 minute cooldown b:surrender

EDIT: On the other hand, sealing is awesome against a melee class with some anti-stun OP skill cause nothing else works with that on.
    FoW > undine

SoR is gone
    now you kill fishy as you would a mage
    if they have SoS then you would need to FoW > BT (if they domain cancel, then sleep > BT)

b:surrender
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Most encounters you get against psychics are from max range, unless you intentionally distance shrink forward, or sneak up on him or something. Max range means, once they are sealed, you'll have to run after them just to undine. By this point you should just give up and try again later. lol
  • milovan82
    milovan82 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    undine > ur resis wont be much of protection when its reduced by 60%

also our sleep skill is instant. as soon as 3 . 2 . 1 is over ur a sleep u wont get a chance to cast the debuff and im sure we can 1 shoot u like we can 1 shoot clerics. only problem is i dont think psyc can heal as well as cleric does

lol if you have +12 weapon and psy dont then u can 1 shot him lol but if you are = gear and weapon u need to meet psy that knows how to play psy class then u will see that psy kick some serious butt! U are forgetting that ur sleep range to cast is 20m and our Earth Vector is 28.5 and do u really think we would let u put us to sleep? Funny Soul Burn is kicking ur wizi butt not to mention Red Tide with Bleed Phy dmg! There is no way that +12 gear and weapon wiz can beat full geared +12 psy....There is NO WAY!
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1v1 good psychics can pretty much own most classes cuz they have good control skills and during 1v1 they can switch voodoo without having to worry about sum1 atking em while they r squishy. So ye, a good psy should be able to beat a good wiz 1v1 if they have equivalent gears.
  • fulgida
    edited September 2010
    Well ours has ~2min cooldown and 20 meters range compared to 30m for most lvl11 skills.

You evaded my question, so I will ask it again: How fast is psychic sleep?

Hint: it takes forever but eventually they can put you to sleep by talking all day.

You might also examine ranges on some of those intimidating psychic skills.

Hint: you have better range and you should be using it.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    You evaded my question, so I will ask it again: How fast is psychic sleep?

Hint: it takes forever but eventually they can put you to sleep by talking all day.

You might also examine ranges on some of those intimidating psychic skills.

Hint: you have better range and you should be using it.
    sleep, you mean stun? b:question

(I took lvl10 for example, didn't know which sage/demon to pick lol)

Earth Vector lvl10
    Range 28.5 Meters
    Mana 516
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 20.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere

Requisite Cultivation Transcendent
    Deals base magic damage plus 100%
    of weapon damage plus 3461.7
    Earth damage to all targets within 6 meters.
    Has a 85% chance to Stun enemies for 6.0 seconds.

Costs 1 Spark

I outlined (bolded) the important parts of my point. We have a 0.5 sec channel seal, not stun. Our sleep has 20m range (even tho it's instant) and 2min cooldown.

Sure it's awesome in duels but not in normal PvP encounters where you are usually close to max range against a psychic! Yes you can seal him from max range but he will run out of range before you finish the cast time on force of will...
  • fulgida
    edited September 2010
    sleep, you mean stun? b:question

Actually, I meant sleep -- you had claimed that we can only seal faster, when you were talking about control spells, which would mean they have an instant sleep. But I do not think they have any sleep spells?

Anyways, we have stuns and freezes and seals and sleeps, and for the most part we can beat them on range. If you are attacking a psychic from out of his or her range you are going to have a timing advantage because they need time to get close enough to hurt you.

Psychics have wonderfully powerful spells for dealing with close range combat, but if you are a wizard and you are fighting a psychic up close, you are fighting from a huge disadvantage.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Well stun is the most powerful control effect available... and our freezes are terribly unreliable. Seal is an alternative, not worse than stun, simply because it bypasses anti-stun skills... but seal isn't that good from a far range cause they can run away. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.