Who Wants the Anniversary Packs?

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    michael has a good idea >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm really annoyed that the recent update for the expansion has brought packs back into the cash shop, but after the fiasco with "back by popular demand" I'm almost close to saying it was one of these "accidents done on purpose". Really, it wouldn't surprise me if devs, at any rate, knew those packs were back in the boutique.

Anywho, I voted no. Don't get me wrong I profited of the event and got some nice stuff (not necessarily end game, I'm not that rich) but I don't want this event here. It's done irreparable damage at this stage.

Who remembers the days gold charms were 500-600k a piece? I think, at the rate these packs have gone, they will now never fall below 1 million for a very long time.
    Platinum charms for 3.6 million? Don't make me laugh - back when I got mine I could barely sell them for 2 million. Now the cheapest you'll ever get is about 2.5 million and this is if you're lucky.
    And fashion for 1 million coins or over? When it's NOT pure black or white? That's just outrageous.

Things aren't going to be right in this game for a long while with all the event items flying around. And while everybody profits from it now, I can assure you people are going to be QQing a lot later when they realise how screwy everything is. It will take a while for prices to fix themselves. >>

So yes. I profit from the event, but I want them gone. I wanted them gone in October and now they are magically back in November, I still want them gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimrot
    grimrot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    omg... it is really sad to see all these ppl discussing this theme in here... almost everybody has the same opinion about it and, i really would say, 'hates' these anni-packs...
    and of course i would say just the same thing again, of course they are and were bad and destroyed a lot... but the worst part is, that discussions about it won't change anything 'cause this game was made to earn money and thats why not a single person who profits from it will ever listen to what we have to say... and thats simply it =(
    as long as at least one player is buying this cockiness of capitalism nothing will change...
  • DexionSlayer - Heavens Tear
    DexionSlayer - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No, because anniversary packs are just as the name suggest, for the anniversary. Right now it just feels like it has turned into the company's cash cow instead. It was good for a lil while but to simply keep all the end game gear readily available to anyone willing to throw a smackton of money at it is kinda of broken.

I rather have everyone still have a goal instead of a budget.
    <3love you Fai's
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They can come back...Eventually. This is far too soon, and personally I am insulted. 2 days....They were gone for 2 days. Guess what when they were gone gold dropped 200k in 2 days. Why bring it back so soon? it makes no sense.
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Are You Ppl Stupid????

The Developers Said There Is A High Demand On The Packs Being Back So Quit Your Crying.

Cant You See The Majorty Of The Community Opinion About The Packs? So Just Shut Up And Live With It. Wooooooooot The Poll Is A Success We Now Know What The Ppl Of Pwi Real Opinion About The Packs...

Devs>pockets> Fat Wallet> .........> Pwi Community
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    it doesnt matter what you think, what you want, what you care about. No one at this company cares about you untill you start spending green on pixels.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/PWRD

This is the reason why Anni pack is back.
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol....pretty silly, they should just take out the frost and lunar glade instances....no one needs them when the weps are so readily available.

and why even bother doing card bosses for gold OHT gear? those are readily available too.

This game has lost all sense of....gaming.

It is purely type in credit card number and press enter. No strategy to it.

Even funnier is seeing high levels either complain and ragequit, or seeing high levels get their high level gear, then get bored, then ragequit because they say this game lacks 'high level content'

lolz.

well ...im planing to quit after tide born comes out ..this game is so boring now ...i just wanna see the new classes
  • SugarMoon - Harshlands
    SugarMoon - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i thought they were gonna be gone for good after Halloween b:cry
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    I hereby declare this to be the only thread about this issue that will remain open, so that we have a way of collecting feedback. Discuss things in a civilised manner or there will be consequences. All other threads about this will be closed, I'm keeping an eye out for them.

whats the point of even giving feed back at all when no one will even read them. there were a thread collecting "feed back" opened during the 2nd event with over 100 pages. i think anyone even remotely screening them will conclude that most of the player base wants the packs gone. and yet... here they are again. these feed back threads are nothing but tools for us to increase our post count.

+1 post count to me
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited November 2009
    whats the point of even giving feed back at all when no one will even read them. there were a thread collecting "feed back" opened during the 2nd event with over 100 pages. i think anyone even remotely screening them will conclude that most of the player base wants the packs gone. and yet... here they are again. these feed back threads are nothing but tools for us to increase our post count.

+1 post count to me

i dont really care much either way im gonna quit soon ..i just like to post, maybe teh GMs will ban me so i have a reason to leave sooner ...come on spoons ya know ya wanna <3
    edited November 2009
    LOL! We care.

Yes, I left this game. I'm only here because I'm waiting for my new game to download.

Hey Mod, I got a job for you: delete this!

P.S. Collect feedback you say? Since when did you guys ever care about our feedback?

what game r u downloading ? i want a new game
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    I hereby declare this to be the only thread about this issue that will remain open, so that we have a way of collecting feedback. Discuss things in a civilised manner or there will be consequences. All other threads about this will be closed, I'm keeping an eye out for them.
    We have given feedback for months now and no one has paid any attention to it
    edited November 2009
    Soul of the Ultimate Nation. It's actually rated higher than PWI.

ill have to check it out ..thanks
    edited November 2009
    o i think i looked at this game befor ...if i remember right it wasnt out at that time
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    LadyVvall - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Are You Ppl Stupid????

Now, see, that was just uncalled for. Quite frankly, as the consumers/Zen buyers, and/or free advertisement of this game, every single person is entitled to their opinions, and entitled to share those opinions. But it needs to be done respectfully. I personally don't like the anni packs. Thought it was fine, the first time. After that, they could have at least changed the name? Either way in the long run, my opinion is they are going to hurt themselves more than help running this "event".
    I don't like people. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner we can all go on with our insignificant lives.
  • Horikita - Dreamweaver
    Horikita - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why is it back in the first place?
    Don't GM owe us an explanation at least?

Just a mistake? Or most likely back just to make a few extra bucks~~
    edited November 2009
    Now, see, that was just uncalled for. Quite frankly, as the consumers, Zen buyers, and free advertisement of this game, every single person is entitled to their opinions, and entitled to share those opinions. But it needs to be done respectfully. I personally don't like the anni packs. Thought it was fine, the first time. After that, they could have at least changed the name? Either way in the long run, my opinion is they are going to hurt themselves more than help running this "event".

i agree for the most part ..the first time it wasnt so bad but bringing it back 2-3 more times is just **** ......
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why is it back in the first place?
    Don't GM owe us an explanation at least?

Just a mistake? Or most likely back just to make a few extra bucks~~

It's very possible that this is an "intentional accident" planned by the devs. Of course, I could be very wrong, and I apologise if I am, but after the anniversary packs came back for the second time due to popular demand* I am doubtful that this was any old accident.

And if it was an accident it needs to be rectified quickly, because prices are suddenly through the roof again and even for a player with 10 million on her person it's getting incredibly pricey.

(* and this was the popular demand of only one or two people who spend $1000+ on those packs)

(Editted for saying the wrong people when talking about intentional accidents. My apologies to you GMs, I have nothing against you. ._. )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/PWRD

This is the reason why Anni pack is back.

If you look at the 6 month snap shot as opposed to 1 day, you will see that the stock is still doing well. Not to mention that there are more games than PWI made by PWE.
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't mind that the packs are back, I just mind the cheapness of the GMs/Devs to say they will be finally gone by the start of the month so that people despirately charge gold on the last day then two days later put them back in. From the results so far of this poll you can see quite clearly there was not a popular demand for them to be put back in. If it's a mistake fair enough, but if it was intentional with no warning it's pretty much scamming people with the knowledge of them being completely gone being false. Gold prices I'm pretty sure the majority of the high level player on the servers are used to but for any new players that can't afford to put real life money into the game, this pretty much makes the game near to impossible to play. I think the GMs should actually stick to what they say and remove them when they say they are going to or just announce that they are staying in for longer before hand.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't mind that the packs are back, I just mind the cheapness of the GMs/Devs to say they will be finally gone by the start of the month so that people despirately charge gold on the last day then two days later put them back in.

This.

They did this with that mount extravaganza sell to. It is quite dishonest I must say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What?... Packs are back again O.o

<-- just woke up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    This.

They did this with that mount extravaganza sell to. It is quite dishonest I must say.

Yet again, much consideration for their customers....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think everyone needs to read -->

1) This box will be on sale from October 13th at 1:00am Server Time until November! (On Annoucement Post, they never gave an end date)

2)
    Hey guys, the anniversary packs weren't supposed to get removed over the weekend, we apologize for the inconvenience. I'm not going to be addressing questions about the packs past this statement for a while, because at this point I have nothing to add to the conversation
    (From Here)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I think everyone needs to read -->

1) This box will be on sale from October 13th at 1:00am Server Time until November! (On Annoucement Post, they never gave an end date)

2) (From Here)

You do remember it was taken out on the 1st... it was not announced as any mistake also, so theoretically that should have been it.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    That's a lot of closures b:shocked

Thank you for the reply though. I actually expected the "active poster" number to be even lower than 10%, but that's still a definite minority, as I figured.

Thats my point entirely... only the MINORITY speak out so how do they figure the MAJORITY want it. When the MAJORITY of the Minority say hell no, then the dataset is very CLEAR... NO!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't matter now. I used to QQ that all the cash shoppers are going to be over powered but if they remove the packs without making obtaining the rare items somewhat possible I'm going to QQ more because now I can't even farm money to try my luck at a rare item. Remove the packs and make the rare items easier to farm or keep the packs. Either way the game is ****.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    how do they figure the MAJORITY want it.

The money in their pocket...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]