Is it true that wizards suck until 60?

Options
2»

Comments

• storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    PvE wise: Robe - u will be fine from level 40+ but u wont be as good as an Archer, BM (from level 70+ ONLY IF

(o.o)'
    someone knocked out LordPangu while he be writing that?
    b:shocked
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    nope, God strike him down with a lightning for saying stupid things like that

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Agaisnt archers u need 2 spark otherwise they will kill u if they know what they r doing, and thats what i do when i PvP and all the experience i have as a wizzard so far. Ive killed BMs, Archers, Clerics, Barbs and wizzards be4 but i noticed that theres really lack of good BMs cause if u get stun locked by a BM u will die and also theres alot of nub clerics cause as a cleric u shouldnt die to a wizzard Blade tempest unless u lag and didnt use the plume shell or slept the wizzard be4. b:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    storehammy wrote: »
    (o.o)'
    someone knocked out LordPangu while he be writing that?

haha i pressed the wrong button b:pleased
    (\__/)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Agaisnt archers u need 2 spark otherwise they will kill u if they know what they r doing, and thats what i do when i PvP and all the experience i have as a wizzard so far. Ive killed BMs, Archers, Clerics, Barbs and wizzards be4 but i noticed that theres really lack of good BMs cause if u get stun locked by a BM u will die and also theres alot of nub clerics cause as a cleric u shouldnt die to a wizzard Blade tempest unless u lag and didnt use the plume shell or slept the wizzard be4. b:victory

you're still a relative low lvl.
    Unless archer is a heavy cash shopper, after 90 and especially after 95 dealing with archers is not a big problem. Actually, the biggest problem is to kill vit clerics, especially when they are HP buffed. I don't like long fights, and against a cleric/Barb fights are waaaay to long for my taste.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Unless archer is a heavy cash shopper, after 90 and especially after 95 dealing with archers is not a big problem. Actually, the biggest problem is to kill vit clerics, especially when they are HP buffed. I don't like long fights, and against a cleric/Barb fights are waaaay to long for my taste.

Oh ya, I heard it gets easier to fight agaisnt archers when Wizzies get the 9x gear set. At my level I can kill them in PvP but i need 2 sparks ready and hope they dont take my HP to half and then crit for 1k and I die be4 I even use the 2 spark lol. About clerics, if they r hybrid or vit I dont think i can kill them if they r not complete nubs in PvP.
    (\__/)
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

You gotta admit, ticking a barbs hiero and watching them fail to catch you is pretty halrious.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You gotta admit, ticking a barbs hiero and watching them fail to catch you is pretty halrious.

I really don't like to kill barb, I like to play w/ their charm b:victory
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Fizzban - Dreamweaver
    Fizzban - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm playing a pure magic wizard and I'm lvl 40 and I've had no problems what-so-ever. Yes you will need help with some of the bosses and mini-bosses but so does every class. I can solo fine. And from what I've seen personally..I deal more damage than any other class my level. For people to say wizards suck until lvl 60 seems ridicules to me. Maybe they just don't really appreciate what a wizard is and expect to be able to 1 shot everything from lvl 1 onwards.

In short, if you love being a wizard and have played this class before in other games then you will do just fine. b:victory
  • CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver
    CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm playing a pure magic wizard and I'm lvl 40 and I've had no problems what-so-ever. Yes you will need help with some of the bosses and mini-bosses but so does every class. I can solo fine. And from what I've seen personally..I deal more damage than any other class my level. For people to say wizards suck until lvl 60 seems ridicules to me. Maybe they just don't really appreciate what a wizard is and expect to be able to 1 shot everything from lvl 1 onwards.

In short, if you love being a wizard and have played this class before in other games then you will do just fine. b:victory

I always play a caster class.. it's just my style of play.
    I've died a total of 7 times as a pure build from lvl 1-56.
    Most mobs are dead before they touch me.
    Low down time cause i go and make mp powders.
    Have little to no issues soloing but you know what. it gets boring so i like to squad up.
    I haven't hit 60 yet, and if i'm just gonna be more powerful later on... hmm fun fun fun b:pleased
  • Sassynikibby - Dreamweaver
    Sassynikibby - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, I never really thought wizzies sucked at any level but I have been told that it really is at 90+ that we go uber amazing. So i'm taking my time and getting there (since i tend to stop at certain levels to focus on building up and trying to practice/master my skills until i'm satisfied with it) loving my wizzy more and more as she levels b:pleased
    sassynikibby;asian;wizard;100;inversion(:
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
    -Marylin Monroe
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wizzie is good at 95+ for refined lunar wep with 20% Crit,full magic ,1hit people in TW like a suicide bomber
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVfPVuKMRuU

Gogo, see how easy it is for me to solo barbs. They would die a lot faster if I wasn't lazy and used anti-stun.

Just fyi, I luled at full magic with 20% crit. Most you can really get as full magic is 16 to 17%, unless you wanna throw in evasion 99hh gold neck/belt to get you 19%. Oh, and if you're using lunar wep your crit would be around 17%.

Really with my build I get 15% crit and that is through 2 seals of eternal solitude + 5 dex gives me 20 dex for an extra crit. Get 100HH/rank 8 instead of 99HH like what I have and you get another 1% crit for 16%. Then throw in the 99HH gold evasion neck/belt and you can get 18% at most really. Add in one of the hax tomes and you could get 19%.

In a 1v1 a sutra will always be better than a tempest or an ice dragon.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mages dont suck before 60 but its kinda hard though no doubt about that harder than all classes I got to 60 so far..

But the reason why people say it gets better after 60 cuz thats when the power curve for wizards start to get higher and higher ever so slightly till it reaches a point where it breaks the limit of other classes and finally down right broken..

that point will be around level 95+ but till then expect to be gimped griefed laughed at talked at and pissed at.......before people beg you to join their PK squad.

1-60 weakest class......60-80 power curve.....80-95 toe to toe with other classes......95+ broken class..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1-60 weakest class......60-80 power curve.....80-95 toe to toe with other classes......95+ broken class..
    Sorry, but I think, that Wizards powerful at any level (as Wizards, not as swordsmen or archers).

I had not finished my spiritual cultivation to learn spells like Glacial Snare and more powerfull, but my wizard can kill mobs of his level by 3 spells/hits.

More, he fight solo against many bosses since start of the game.

I had tanked (runned from) Gouf b:chuckle and (with help of players near Sun town) killed it.

My Wizard has phys. def near 3430 with Stone Barrier and 4470 with additional Cleric's buff at his 60 level.

Magical bosses are simple in comparison with physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

LOL

I remember telling everyone in Kingdom (Harshlands) to do this bossb:cute

Got him to 1/3 and everyone diedb:sad
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I didn't show but we actually killed it, but doing it was fun and that is why I really only showed deaths. Reminds me of one of the bosses from lvl 2 PvE TW.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVfPVuKMRuU

Gogo, see how easy it is for me to solo barbs. They would die a lot faster if I wasn't lazy and used anti-stun.

Just fyi, I luled at full magic with 20% crit. Most you can really get as full magic is 16 to 17%, unless you wanna throw in evasion 99hh gold neck/belt to get you 19%. Oh, and if you're using lunar wep your crit would be around 17%.

Really with my build I get 15% crit and that is through 2 seals of eternal solitude + 5 dex gives me 20 dex for an extra crit. Get 100HH/rank 8 instead of 99HH like what I have and you get another 1% crit for 16%. Then throw in the 99HH gold evasion neck/belt and you can get 18% at most really. Add in one of the hax tomes and you could get 19%.

In a 1v1 a sutra will always be better than a tempest or an ice dragon.

Thanks Haiz for the awesome vids b:thanks
  • Break_ - Heavens Tear
    Break_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Until 60 b:cry ......... until 90 say waaaaa b:shocked
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Until 60 b:cry ......... until 90 say waaaaa b:shocked

Dont worry it will be a breeze :)...now that leveling is so much easier than it was were each time you died you know thats an hour of grinding to do.........
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Jhestyr - Harshlands
    Jhestyr - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i just got to 60 and it wasnt hard. prior to getting ults pvp against anyone but barb or bm can be challenging (even when u sneak up on them). and pve like everyone said archer mobs take a little extra care... and be careful of argo on multiple mobs. if u are not powerlevelling i recommend leveling glacial embrace. with it i only ever really used hp/mp pots in boss fights
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    True, wiz is hard to play at the lower lvls but i wouldnt say that it sucks... its just that there are so much ppl trying to play a wiz and they all give up after lvl60, and that makes the average 60+ wiz look better than the average 60- one ^^

no really. wiz does suck at those levels compared to classes like the veno. But it also has alot to do with the person that plays. If you dont know what you are doing, yes, then wiz really sucks.

And I keep telling myself that the wiz gets realy really cool after lvl95b:surrender and if it wont it will be after lvl100 for sure b:surrender
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A lot of people have a hard time with the Wizard because it's not quite as simple as other classes. While Barbs, BM's, and Archers can just use 1-2 skills then normal attack the target dead, wizards have a large variety of skills to choose from.

In other words: Wizards take a little more thinking.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]