Who Wants the Anniversary Packs?

Options

Comments

• Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not sure if blaming GM s is the right course of action. But those at the top defiantly wouldn t know ethics if it hit them like a freight train. They are manipulating us to milk our money and they don t care one bit! They are ruining the game and they know it. If they want us all to leave, why not just tell us? At this point do they really think that we will want to play another one of their games? Forcing people to quit by **** with them is not the proper way to empty a server. Who knows, maybe I would have played a different game if they really wanted me to, but now I will not support this company. On the contrary, I will go out of my way to make sure that I spread the world that these MMO s are poorly managed and not worth anyone s time.

All they had to do if they wanted us to quit is stop updating the game and stop marketing the game. If you want people to leave your house, do you ask them politely or do you turn up the heater until they are so uncomfortable that they want to leave? What sounds less insane?
  • Jolin - Dreamweaver
    Jolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hi any1 knows when is it gonna end this time? i heard some ppl say its by end nov, 2009 of coz, but dunno if it really is gonna end then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hi any1 knows when is it gonna end this time? i heard some ppl say its by end nov, 2009 of coz, but dunno if it really is gonna end then

it will end when all those still spending gold on it get sick of the game and leave, they will find more excuses to leave them in :)
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not sure if blaming GM s is the right course of action.
    It's not.
    But those at the top defiantly wouldn t know ethics if it hit them like a freight train. They are manipulating us to milk our money and they don t care one bit!
    I cannot disagree with this statement.
    If they want us all to leave, why not just tell us?
    They don't want us to leave, they want us to spend more money. Games don't last forever, they want to make as much money as possible as quick as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaizona - Harshlands
    Kaizona - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    These packs have DESTROYED the gold prices.BRING BACK THE GOLD PRICES!And dang duke needs to shutup >.>
    Appliance perfect world.

Death refridgerator vs dark oven.Who will win?
    Death refridgerator takes 902134 damage.
    PWND.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you read the event announcement when they returned the anniversary packs to the cash shop for the second time, you will see that the end date is simply a very vague "November"

It could be this November on the 11th... it could be the very end of this November... it could be November in 2012.

All you need to know is they leave on a November at some given point in our lifetime.

Feel better?

Me neither. -.-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You know your poll won't do anything right? When was the last time a poll actually did something?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    These packs have DESTROYED the gold prices.BRING BACK THE GOLD PRICES!And dang duke needs to shutup >.>

The players that want the packs have destroyed the gold prices, if you look at if from the side of the greedy coin sellers. However, from the side of the greedy gold sellers, the price of gold is not too bad.

It always depends from which side you look at the event.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The players that want the packs have destroyed the gold prices, if you look at if from the side of the greedy coin sellers. However, from the side of the greedy gold sellers, the price of gold is not too bad.

It always depends from which side you look at the event.

There is a good side to this event!?!? b:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There is a good side to this event!?!? b:shockedb:shocked

Yep, you just need to view it from the viewpoint of PWI's accounting dept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ah, but again, as I said in my first post: Happy customers never speak up. They have no reason to. So using a public forum like this as the "sample" basis would naturally be skewed to the negative, because only the unhappy ones would be complaining.

Although, you bring up a good point. It might not be a bad idea, (IF they haven't thought of or done so already), for PWI to actually go in-game and take a random sampling of the userbase's opinions... In private, naturally. Would give a much more accurate representation, since they would be ASKING for response, rather than only seeing the ones that come in on their own.

Apparently you've had little training in datasets or customer relationship analysis. As you say only a few speak out.. They will ALWAYS be the minority. Many talk with their wallets and shop elsewhere, still others pass word of how unhappy they are, a few even compliment on the great service, and yes the MAJORITY of voices are unsatisfied customers. This is why when ANY call center / customer service center sees a major spike in traffic they get VERY concerned. Management start popping pepto bismol like its candy cause they KNOW this is just a tiny sample and that the realistic actual statistics are MUCH HIGHER in the direction of the data spike. Take a presidents popularity poll, I'm almost 50 and have yet to have a single poll ask me how I feel about the president or his policys. Thats because of how useful datasets are. Watch numbers for a great practical example of just how powerful datasets are.
    The first month they came out, yes, it was interesting, exciting even if it did wreck the economy. But we all knew it was for a limited time ( think US Navy landing fleet in port in foreign county ) suddenly they have more foreigners then countrymen in their town, ergo we qq'd and smiled and moved on. This is not the 1st month, nor the 2nd. During the 2nd month voices got louder, Now the 3rd month, the dataset continues to show the same trend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ima vote NO on this, i do admit, i got my share of the packs and then some. But i find myself being addicted to it which costed me well over two thousands dollars. Yes, you read correctly. Bringing the packs back the second, i can understand. But round 3? Come on lets get serious here. Im thinkin that some of us dont play the game at all anymore. Its come to a point where i halted playing the game. Greed from tokens, event items certainly has put a huge dent in PWI economy making some of this stuff near impossible to obtain. Gold... from what i learned the price of Gold was good. But now, its high coinage. The almighty $1 bill?

Overall, i love this game and its not gonna stop me from playing. Just have to becareful in the decisions i make when buying Gold. So lessoned learned for me b:victory
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i'm a fan of the packs. but they've been around to long now. take them out, and maybe have a few weekends out of the year and throw them in.
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i never wana see these things again
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Simple question with a poll. If you do not find your answer above, feel free to post.

Mod-edit (copy of post on page 4): I hereby declare this to be the only thread about this issue that will remain open, so that we have a way of collecting feedback. Discuss things in a civilised manner or there will be consequences. All other threads about this will be closed, I'm keeping an eye out for them.

LOL, why do you guys care? Last time around there was a thread just like this one with a overwhelming amount of people saying they DIDN'T want the packs back. Now you've brought them back again anyway. b:angry
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally I don't really care as much now, mostly because I'm not playing much PWI now. But it is disappointing how PWI are doing and not doing certain things and we're not getting any feedback (or feedback-feedback to be precise), explainations, apologies or re-assurances anymore. Not even a "yeah yeah we're aware of the poor in-game alerts for server maint and the annoyance the ani packs are causing but we're working on it/or not".
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Another point, why are they still called aniversary packs? Haven't we already celebrated the 1 year aniversary? They should be renamed "Destroy-End-Game-Content Packs" or "All-Year-Round Packs"
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I guess it could make sense that these events are the result of lazyness. Less sinister, but still worthy of the harshest critisism. This is no different than some kid smashing your sand castle on the beach. Accident or not, better go somewhere else to build your sand castle. I only wish I could return the favor. I'll be watching their stocks, rooting for their demise.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Mm, all I do nowadays is just cat shop, trying to sell stuff and just waiting for the bloody anni pack event to be over and for prices on stuff to stabilize back to around the prices of before.

It doesn't matter what poll people put up or how many posts against anni packs people make. The GMs and mods aren't responsible for putting it back up, so there's no point in harassing them about it. The developers in China are the ones responsible for all this garbage and it's obvious they don't really give a **** about anything, but the bottom line. The poll doesn't tell them anything they already don't know, which is that the forum regulars want the anni packs gone, providing pretty much little to no information on the other 80 odd percent of the player base that don't visit the forums (stat from what a mod said the forum population is around what percent of the player base).

Granted, I haven't been around as long as some people have, but it used to be one could just go out, grind for a few hours, and have enough coin to get something. Now, it's just getting ridiculous how much grinding one has to do to get anything of value.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    Zion - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i voted "yes" because the poll asked the opposite question as the topic. But to correct myself, i do not want to see anymore packs of any sort that give out exp or items that are supposed to be rare and difficult to get.
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    NO GMs response to this thread= no Gms care

somehow i magaged to sayb:bye before the anni packs said b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For all you emorageqq people read this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5149452&postcount=1482

GM already answered the question. Stop being such drama queens.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'd rather not have them back. Gold always goes up and inflates everything. And I can't afford what I want until deflation. b:cry

The only good thing is buying gold and selling it back cause so much money is involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Miss_Teria - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Teria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    bannedanim.gif
    Proud member of Nocturne, a mature Heaven's Tear guild
    where we invite people, not levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Patrialtt - Dreamweaver
    Patrialtt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i doubt anyone important will see this post since its mixed among a couple hundred, but if dev's read these forums, they should at least know that they're hurting themselves as well.

Think about it. Once the packs are gone, your normal profit average is going to be far lower than it was prior to the addition of anniversary packs, you've probably lost 10% of your player base. So the longer you leave the packs in and the more people that get sick of an inflated economy as a direct result of greed induced by players, due to anniversary packs...the more players that are going to get sick of it and rage quit.

I just hope that these anniv packs only purpose is to boost funding for the release of the expansion and maybe some new servers, cuz if it's not, than it just means that you care more about personal gain in a short time frame, than a faithful set of long term players that will pay you the same amount over a long period of time.

Good day.
  • Miss_Teria - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Teria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    dont think it matter what we say in here so may as well just go

99 Anniversary Pack's on the wall, 99 Anniversary Pack's.
    Take one down and pass it around, 98 Anniversary Pack's on the wall.

98 Anniversary Pack's on the wall, 98 Anniversary Pack's.
    Take one down and pass it around, 97 Anniversary Pack's on the wall.

97 Anniversary Pack's on the wall, 97 Anniversary Pack's.
    Take one down and pass it around, 96 Anniversary Pack's on the wall.

96 Anniversary Pack's on the wall, 96 Anniversary Pack's.
    Take one down and pass it around, 95 Anniversary Pack's on the wall.

95 Anniversary Pack's on the wall, 95 Anniversary Pack's.
    Take one down and pass it around, 94 Anniversary Pack's on the wall.

you guys fill in the rest

bannedanim.gif
    Proud member of Nocturne, a mature Heaven's Tear guild
    where we invite people, not levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Really the only way to balance things at this point is to keep the packs there forever. This way it will make the super items more available.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For all you emorageqq people read this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5149452&postcount=1482

GM already answered the question. Stop being such drama queens.

Thanks for posting this Jaz. I hadn't seen that comment, but assumed something to the affect.
    edited November 2009
    Options

Thanks for posting this Jaz. I hadn't seen that comment, but assumed something to the affect.

You are welcome. As pointed out to me, it quickly got buried under 100s of new emoqqing posts.... So it may have been easy to miss, unless you were reading when Spoons posted it.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As pointed out to me, it quickly got buried under 100s of new emoqqing posts.... So it was easy to miss, unless you were reading when Spoons posted it.

emoqq... the very worst kind b:shocked

important notice from GM Spoons :o