v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Some people can't pay real money to buy these items. Some people like the challenge and effort put forth to get it, as it was originally intended in the game.

And what about those who farm mats for lunar gear. They achieve alot of the mats thru farming, sell the mats they have to buy gold for the chance of obtaining the gear more easily. I wouldnt doubt that people have actually done that.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    plz if anyone knows b:surrender.. tell meeeeh

Think when the expansion comes out this winter b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FinalDays - Harshlands
    FinalDays - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I realize people are honked off here, but no one is getting leveled via cash shop.

You still have to grind up to lvl 90 to wear 90 gear.

Lord, get a hold of yourself.

RedMenace

\mops the floor of spittle

Sorry but there is everything in those packs to help lvl (oracles) a char and equip it with endgame gear if you have $.

I am a CSer and i still hate this event, to me it seems like there trying to make as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Over the past 2 months there have been constant bombardment of sales and new CS stuff, even when ppl have been saying for those 2 months this is getting to much what did they do? through this "event" at us, i use event loosly as its realy only a event of who can feed PWIs greed the most.

I wont spend another dime on this game unless something drastic is done.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

PWI Boss: Hi. As you know PWI is completing 1 year...
    PWE: yes sir.
    PWI Boss: Can you prepare an event.. a great event, not to be forgotten as commemoration?
    PWE: yes sir, of course. we have everything set and tested already. it will also have a cash shop item so you can have a party.
    PWI Boss: I... (thinks about the party) was planning something all PWI players could have...
    PWE: of course sir. we can make it so cheap and rewarding every player will buy and be happy.
    PWI Boss: excellent.

I loled at this.b:laugh
    It's a shame the GM's (well...just spoons) are getting all the flak. But they're meant to pass it on b:victory

EDIT: 100 pages :O
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And it's great to know that 3+ months of farming Cube of Fate for chips or Lunar Glade for mats is now worth $1 on the boutique.

TIERNAN, you talk like a private server player.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    And what about those who farm mats for lunar gear. They achieve alot of the mats thru farming, sell the mats they have to buy gold for the chance of obtaining the gear more easily. I wouldnt doubt that people have actually done that.

At least they've worked for it.
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ignore everything else for now.............. and just shut the duke up already b:shocked
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry but there is everything in those packs to help lvl (oracles) a char and equip it with endgame gear if you have $.

I am a CSer and i still hate this event, to me it seems like there trying to make as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Over the past 2 months there have been constant bombardment of sales and new CS stuff, even when ppl have been saying for those 2 months this is getting to much what did they do? through this "event" at us, i use event loosly as its realy only a event of who can feed PWIs greed the most.

I wont spend another dime on this game unless something drastic is done.

and who should care about that?
    its just fair if they make a lot of money in a short time
    it hasnt been u working ur **** of to make such a great game so others can play it for free

^^ lol so egoistic thoughts everywhere

if u buy a game in a shop u pay money too just to play it xD
    so be happy about what these guys did
  • Whitephantom - Harshlands
    Whitephantom - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All the topics has been consolidated into one. Seriously though, has anyone read all 99 pages (and counting)? I highly doubt anyone has. I myself just went to the last page.

To stay relatively on topic...this patch will widen the gap between the "haves" and "have nots" even more. The patch probably will impact the PvP servers more than the PvE server (or PvP chars in the PvE servers). Think about it.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Incase anyone was wondering my post is not to bash the Mods or GM's. Spoons is awesome GM and Aryanna and Andracil or equally great. Those three sure have their work cut out for them. Alot of people may have hatred towards them but you have to realize no one is perfect and they are trying their best, and having to close a thread every 5 minutes is not helping, and that is why they created this thread to keep order and if everyone just listens to them things will be alot easier, but I know this won't happen, so all I can say is hang in there guys. Or wait even better shut down the forums. Then you won't have to deal with the hundreds of spam. Hehehehehe.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    <---read every post because i want this to be solved but CSer having a huge advantage was not hwat i had in mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmmm, how did my first few hours of PWI after the patch go?

1. I logged in, received a Hell Hound in the mail for being around for a year. Thank you PWE.

2. I was still too busy looking at my little Mail Icon at the time, to realize that my Chat Box was flooded with Red System Spam.

3. At this point I knew something bad was going, on when I saw awesome-end-game-type items were being distributed to every fool with a credit card.

4. I checked the Auction House to see what Gold Prices were at. "Oh, higher than Duke Rose, eh?"

5. I spent a few minutes (Hours b:chuckle) complaining in faction chat, and then on these forums.

6. After I composed myself I decide it might be time to try to have some fun playing PW.

7. "Anyone want to do Rebirth Delta?" I ask in faction. *Cricket Chirps* "OK, anyone for BH79?", still silence. "TT2-3?", "Anyone in Cube?", "PK?", I typed desperately, then it becomes obvious. Why in the world would anyone spend their time doing these things when they've become so expensive? With Gold Charms at 2M each, its much more cost effective to sit around doing nothing in game, waiting for a real life paycheck to pay for things that I once happily played a game to get (End game weapons and the like).

8. "So what can I do, in this supposedly F2P game?" I mused to myself. I came up with: World Quest, Farming Materials and Herbs, and complaining on forums.

9. Awesome update.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Incase anyone was wondering my post is not to bash the Mods or GM's. Spoons is awesome GM and Aryanna and Andracil or equally great. Those three sure have their work cut out for them. Alot of people may have hatred towards them but you have to realize no one is perfect and they are trying their best, and having to close a thread every 5 minutes is not helping, and that is why they created this thread to keep order and if everyone just listens to them things will be alot easier, but I know this won't happen, so all I can say is hang in there guys. Or wait even better shut down the forums. Then you won't have to deal with the hundreds of spam. Hehehehehe.

Thank you. b:kiss

Close down the forums? That is an idea. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can leave it open for just u and me b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Falls wrote:
    9. Awsome update.

What are you drunk?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What are you drunk?

I know you obviously thought it was too long and so you didn't read.
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In a few weeks, when this event is over, will it still be possible to cash-in tokens of luck?
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What has gotten me to quit this game is GMs lying. TWO big lies I know I caught them in

1.) Xarafox said They would never sell TT mats in cash shop, well for 60 dollars you can buy TT 100 mats now.
    2.) They mentioned how in the coming anniversary that they would help with Gold Prices........yeah I guess 399K each is helping someone :\
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What are you drunk?
    No Dave. She got a free HH. She must be 1 of the first players to join PWI. Guess it's part of the celebration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    9. Awesome update.

What are you drunk?

Sarcasm is completely lost on you isnt it?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I love how everyone i jumping off after 1 day. Im not liking this patch but ill at least give them a week to fix this mess. (PM box is still empty GMs no love me b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What has gotten me to quit this game is GMs lying. TWO big lies I know I caught them in

1.) Xarafox said They would never sell TT mats in cash shop, well for 60 dollars you can buy TT 100 mats now.
    2.) They mentioned how in the coming anniversary that they would help with Gold Prices........yeah I guess 399K each is helping someone :\

1) dunno idc

2) goldprices .... u only pay 1 gold to get something i think this price is great :)

399k each? got nothin to do with the GMs blame players selling gold , still those players r making the prices.
    edited September 2009
    Options

You forgot about them saying the JJ event was a coin drain. There was nothing in that event that drained coins, and they added coin boxes at the same time which added coin by spending gold. Their economists seriously need to go back to school.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    399k each? got nothin to do with the GMs blame players selling gold , still those players r making the prices.

Players don't "make" or set prices, they only respond to the market. Players have very little influence over the prices in this artificial economy (under the control of PWE). Don't divert responsibility.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's a bit of a stretch, you're not even guaranteed to get any TT materials

I LOL'D at this
    all you need is spend money
    the more you spend the more chance you'll get it

oh hai where is the promise of stabilize the economy
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Players don't "make" or set prices, they only respond to the market. Players have very little influence over the prices in this artificial economy (under the control of PWE). Don't divert responsibility.

i dont know i I decide to sell gold for 400 k or if a GM tells me to sell the price for 400k ?

xD i think its still my own decision like i said i would sell gold for 1 million coins
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Falls wrote:
    Sarcasm is completely lost on you isnt it?

What are you drunk?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited September 2009
    Options

Ppl need to stop saying players set gold prices. Players DO NOT set the gold prices. Supply and demand economics is law of human nature. By manipulating a huge increase in demand without a comparative increase in supply, prices go up. So while a literal player might set the price of a single small stack of gold, its society as a whole that changes the overall average going rate. PWE is manipulating demand by putting items worth more then the current exchange rate of coins into the boutique. They first did it with the cash boxes (opened with hammers), and many time with JJ boxes (gotten from guardian angels). Now the Anniversary boxes are the most extreme example.

My suggestion to PWE, consider the value in game of the itmes you're putting into the game & analyze the projected effect. Its not hard. The Market analysts at PWE are making sure anything they do will generate real revenue, but ignoring the effect on a virtual economy.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ppl need to stop saying players set gold prices. Players DO NOT set the gold prices. Supply and demand economics is law of human nature. By manipulating a huge increase in demand without a comparative increase in supply, prices go up. So while a literal player might set the price of a single small stack of gold, its society as a whole that changes the overall average going rate. PWE is manipulating demand by putting items worth more then the current exchange rate of coins into the boutique. They first did it with the cash boxes (opened with hammers), and many time with JJ boxes (gotten from guardian angels). Now the Anniversary boxes are the most extreme example.

My suggestion to PWE, consider the value in game of the itmes you're putting into the game & analyze the projected effect. Its not hard. The Market analysts at PWE are making sure anything they do will generate real revenue, but ignoring the effect on a virtual economy.

but in the end things have bacome cheaper

thinking back when i wanted to get a beautiful shard i had to spend 200 - 240 k and now? ive seen em for 50 k

very cheap if u ask me

and still if u guys complain that hard about those things..... i would still say is it ur real life money u spend or is it the money of other players?

in the end u dont pay a damn cent on this game its still the others

what r u doin? spending time to get the coins without paying rl money to get somethin others spend rl money on

i think it is still very fair economics
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Everything we have done though seems like a waste because its just all there at one time for a month long like i have said its too much everyone is gonna have the best gear so it wont be to the ppl who earned it just if u r lvl 85+ things got a lot less fun b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.